The Resort at Longboat Key Club Reviews

The Resort at Longboat Key Club 5
  • Breanna

Breanna Newton · Getting married on 06/26/2020

Ayla has been great!

I contacted Longboat Key club at the last minute because I was going to be down there for a short vacation and wanted to look at wedding venues. Ayla quickly replied back to me and we set up a time to meet. I ended up choosing their venue and we are getting married next June! They have been very helpful with all the questions that I had (and still continue to have) and they are usually quick to respond to the emails.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/09/2019

Beautiful Venue, Even Better Event Coordinator

We booked LBKC a long time before our wedding date. I knew from the first visit that this is where I wanted to get married. Unfortunately, we did run into a problem when we were informed the resort was going under construction the month of our wedding, and that most amenities would not be available to our guests. Luckily, we had Ayla Goggin to help make everything perfect regardless. Ayla was the most professional, reliable, kind, and helpful Venue coordinator we could've ever asked for. Despite the construction, Ayla worked tirelessly to make our day perfect - and it ended up being the most perfect day ever. Throughout the process, she helped recommend excellent vendors, suggested great ideas, and was extremely communicative. I recommend LBKC because the venue is stunning, the beaches are gorgeous, the service staff is super friendly, and the food was DELICIOUS. We couldn't have asked for better wedding food.. definitely get the stations. Oh - and ask for Irene to be at your wedding - she's the best.

In the end, I would choose LBKC 10x over for my wedding day. Thank you, thank you, thank you Ayla.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Kiki · Married on 05/11/2019

A wedding dream come true!!

I don't even know where to begin with the amazingness that was our wedding! The Resort at Longboat Key Club had everything we wanted in a wedding venue. First of all, working with their wedding specialist, Ayla, was a dream! She is absolutely amazing at what she does! She is so bubbly and personable, and just exactly what you need when deciding on a wedding venue. The resort is absolutely beautiful, but Ayla made our decision to book them that much easier! She was so attentive to us, our emails, our visions, everything! This venue has a beach, romantic mangroves, a golf course, a marina, and many unique indoor and outdoor spaces to hold your ceremony or reception. We had our wedding at the marina mangroves which was just beautiful. Our cocktail hour was in the marina courtyard which almost felt like you were in Italy. Our reception was in their beautiful, large ballroom that is surrounded by windows and honestly has so much beauty to the room before it's even styled! Their options for what you serve for dinner are endless! Our guests raved about it being the most delicious food. The staff was amazing and attentive, from the front desk to the banquet captains. Our guests loved staying at the resort. I seriously cannot say one bad thing about this place! We loved everything about it! It was a wedding dream come true.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Natasha Navazi · Married on 12/08/2018

The most beautiful place to have your wedding!

The Resort at Longboat Key Club was such a beautiful place to have our wedding. The rooms, accommodations, beach, and ballroom were all so wonderful. Ayla is so easy to work with and made planning a wedding there so easy. She helped ensure we had an amazing time and was so great with getting us exactly what we wanted. I highly recommend the Resort at Longboat Key Club for anyone who wants to have a beautiful wedding. The food was excellent! Thank you for making our day so perfect!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Taylor · Married on 12/01/2018

Best.Wedding.Ever. - 12/01/2018

We were married at the Harbourside on December 1st and had the best weekend at the Longboat Key Club Resort. Most of our guests stayed at the Resort for the weekend and everyone was raving about it. The beach, pool, food, rooms, and overall service were all impeccable. Many of our guests extended their stays, and others were already planning their next trip down (most guests were from the Northeast). The Groom and Groomsmen played golf at the Links course on Friday morning and the course was perfect. It’s obvious that the Resort has really invested in maintaining the course, and the staff in the clubhouse was extremely helpful and courteous getting us all set up with tee times, club rentals, etc. The Resort is perfect for adults and families alike. The rooms are fantastic. Plenty of space and very clean. When we returned to our room after the Wedding there were rose petals on the bed and champagne in the refrigerator – a very nice surprise.
    Resort staff – namely Ayla Goggin – couldn’t have been more helpful in preparation for the weekend and during the weekend. Shuttles were provided from the Resort to Harbourside before the Rehearsal on Friday night for the Bridal Party. Enrique at the front of the house was extremely helpful with transportation and assisting with baggage. The staff at the wedding itself was incredible. There were zero issues when it came to food (including some tricky dietary restrictions) and whenever there was a specific question or request the staff handled it immediately and happily. Irene waited on us at our Sweetheart Table and she could not have been better. We actually met her at our Grand Tasting a few months ago and requested that she be there for the big night – she did not disappoint! Overall an absolutely perfect weekend!!

Sent on 12/09/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/21/2018

We had a great time celebrating our wedding at the Longboat Key Club! Our wedding was on Friday and we got there the Tueaday before. We spent most of our time by the pool and the service was spectacular!! Paula, Lori and Jane were absolutely amazing! They were so kind, accommodating and quick with their service. Our rehearsal day was great. We were able to take a shuttle to the Harbourside and Richars our driver was great! He dropped us off and came back to pick us up right when we needed him. Amy met us for rehearsal and made sure we were good to go for the wedding. Our wedding day was perfect!! Even though it rained, Amy and our planners from Swanky Soiree were quick to move things inside and everything looked beautiful! The serving team at the wedding were awesome! Sally took great care of us, refilling our beverages and making sure we got the food we wanted! It was a great night! Thank you to the staff at Longboat Key Club for making our wedding week one we will never forget!!

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 07/14/2018

We had our wedding at the Harbourside Ballroom at the Resort at Longboat Key Club and it couldn’t have been more amazing!!! The venue is absolutely stunning. The views and picture spots are incredible. The staff was amazing and so easy to work with! Amy was so quick to respond and eager and excited to help with anything we needed! The table setting was perfect for a large crowd. The tables were set up in a U shape around the dance floor which easily encouraged everyone to dance! Kourtney from Swanky Swoiree Events was incredible to work with. She made the whole day go smoothly so that my husband and I as well as our families could enjoy every minute of it. Fitz from Goodley Entertainment Group was an awesome DJ and kept the party going all night. Overall a great venue and group of people to work with :)

The Resort at Longboat Key Club 6
    The Resort at Longboat Key Club 11
    The Resort at Longboat Key Club 12
    Sent on 07/24/2018

Brittany · Married on 06/09/2018

We can not put into words how blown away we were by the Longboat Key Resort and staff! They made sure our wedding was all about us from start until finish! Everything was a dream! We were meant to get married at Longbot Key and can’t wait to return on anniversaries to come!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Abby · Married on 05/26/2018

Ayla went above and beyond to make sure I had the perfect day! Working with her was easy and stress-free—especially since this was a destination wedding! Our guests had an amazing time, the food was phenomenal, service was top notch, and the pictures turned out incredible. I will forever cherish our wedding day and we could not have chosen a better venue!

The Resort at Longboat Key Club 13
    The Resort at Longboat Key Club 14
    The Resort at Longboat Key Club 15
    The Resort at Longboat Key Club 16
    The Resort at Longboat Key Club 17
    Sent on 10/03/2018
  • Zoe

Zoe · Married on 01/13/2018

Great venue for our January wedding! Easy to work with and very responsive. Pricey but in the end it paid off. Our wedding food was amazing!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Cheryl · Married on 11/18/2017

We had our ceremony and cocktail hour on South Beach which was beautiful. Our reception was held in the Island House for 79 people. Everything was perfect, the food was outstanding, Ayla coordinated everything perfectly and was available to answer every question I had no matter how silly. As part of our package a room for the bride & groom was provided on the wedding night. Ayla arranged for rose petals, champagne & chocolates to end our fabulous day.

The Resort at Longboat Key Club 18
    The Resort at Longboat Key Club 19
    Sent on 11/28/2017

Bob · Married on 11/17/2017

These guys were exceptional. They did everything they could to be helpful. Food was excellent. We had the wedding on the beach and they set up everything perfectly. Kortney from Swanky Soiree was really good. The guy playing the music messed it up but that was the only thing that went wrong. Otherwise, it was great.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Katie · Married on 09/30/2017

Everything was absolutely perfect! Ayla was amazing to work with! No question ever went unanswered! The food was amazing and so was the service! Thank you for making our day perfect!!

Sent on 10/06/2017

monica · Married on 08/27/2017

Hi,
    Ayla was wonderful. She took my daughter on a tour and showed her the many options for weddings on the resort. After my daughter chose the resort for her wedding venue. Ayla went out of her way to answer our many questions. She gave excellent vendor recommendations. She also helped us work within our budget as we chose our reception menu. Christina, our day of wedding planner, was also awesome. She kept the rehearsal organized and made sure the wedding day went perfect. Ms. Sally was also great! She oversaw the reception.
    Due to weather we had to move the wedding to the Islandhouse Spikes and Tees and it was beautiful.
    The experience was amazing! My daughter had a beautiful wedding that she will always cherish!

Sincerely,
    Monica Evans

Sent from my iPhone

Sent on 08/31/2017
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 05/06/2017

We're so happy we went with LBKC for our wedding ceremony & reception venue! We had our ceremony outside on the Marina Lawn and our reception inside at Harborside Ballroom. Everything was so beautiful, perfect and FUN!

LBKC really helped us carve out the destination wedding feel we were looking for in our Florida wedding, since we're from NYC and most guests were traveling in for the wedding. Our guests had such a blast staying at the resort, and the resort took such good care of me, my husband, our families, and our wedding party. The food was delicious, the drinks were awesome, and the waitstaff was superb.

Our LBKC event manager Ayla Goggin, specifically, made our wedding weekend perfect. She is such a pleasure to work with, and had an answer for literally every little question we had throughout the whole process. She is a godsend. Thank you Ayla, and the LBKC team, for helping make our wedding wonderful!

Sent on 07/01/2017

Marissa · Married on 05/14/2016

Our wedding was THE most spectacular event I have ever seen. The preferred vendors of Longboat Key Club did a phenomenal job coordinating everything with Jon. He was so responsive and literally took care of everything we needed at the drop of a hat. Whenever something didn't go as planned, Jon was there to save the day. He truly made the experience that much more memorable. We can't wait to go back and relive everything all over again!

The ceremony was on the beach and truly a magical experience. Everything was set up well in advance and they served fruit infused water for our parched guests. The Reception was breath taking. I mean it. It literally took my breath away. It was on the Harbourside Lawn and it looked like something out of a fairy tale.

Thank you for making all our wedding dreams come true!!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Taylor · Married on 04/02/2016

I can't thank Torri and the staff enough for making my wedding the most beautiful it possibly could be. The rain unfortunately didn't allow for us to have the ceremony on the beach, but the back up plan turned out absolutely wonderful and the wedding was everything I could have hoped for. I really appreciate Torri's genuine passion and the compassion she showed towards my family and myself. The Resort at Longboat Key Club is a truly wonderful venue and I am glad it will now forever be special to us all. The food is amazing and the service was exceptional!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Teresa · Married on 01/09/2016

Excellent option! With Longboat Club as vendor yoy can relax ensuring everything is in control. Excellent coordination, service, food, bar, attentions. We prepare our wedding in a month and everything was excellent! With the experience they have you dont need to contract a weddin planner. All was set!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Lynette · Married on 01/09/2016

We worked with Torri. She was awesome, helpful, always cheery even when I was frustrated (for reasons that had nothing to do with the club). She is very organized, so patient, walked every step with me (literally from the planning to handing me down to my dad!). Her recommendations of vendors was great. The resort was great, food was delicioussss and they responded quickly to a backup plan because it rained. The ceremony was still beautiful and in a way we loved the rain. Since we had to move the wedding indoors, we had the golf course right behind us while it was pouring... but it was fantastic. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Jana · Married on 12/31/2015

The only thing I had am issue with was the agreed upon cost. We were quoted a price for the ceremony and rooms, we agreed on the price, then when the final contract came it was $1,100.00 more for the ceremony! Tori Brown and staff were wonderful to work with and made my Daughters day very special, this comment is no reflection on them! Then when we checked in thinking the room was already paid for we were told we had a balance of $650.00. These additional cost we were told, were resort fees! O.k if we were just told the total cost up front we would have added it into our wedding budget. For those budgeting a wedding this $1,750.00 was a big blow! Other than this everything was perfect! Thanks to Tori and Robert, you made Alex's day the day of her dreams!

Sent on 01/09/2016

Torri was super helpful all through the process. Facility is first rate and the food was gourmet food, prepared to perfection.

Sent on 12/14/2015

JT · Married on 11/17/2015

5 stars to the Longboat Key club and their entire staff. Everything at Longboat Key Club was wonderful!! We were able to have our wedding and reception on the beach, and at the harbor. Everything worked out so well, the locations are phenomenal, the food was fantastic and the party went all night long. Our wedding day was truly amazing!

Sent on 12/07/2015

meagan · Married on 11/07/2015

We recently had our ceremony and reception at this resort - and we couldn't have asked for a better day or location!!! Torri Brown was our event coordinator and she was simply amazing from the start of planning to the day of - always one step ahead of every question we had! She is extremely detail-oriented, prompt, and went out of her way to make our day perfect. The decor, food, and details of the resort were flawless. Everything was executed perfectly and we received so many compliments about the venue choice and quality of food and service. We also stayed at the resort for a few days after our wedding and the staff at the hotel, restaurants and beach were extremely helpful and went out of their way for us. We are so glad we chose this venue for wedding! I can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 12/12/2015

Cara · Married on 07/18/2015

We recently had our wedding at the Harborside Ballroom, we had the most lovely wedding, it was perfect. Torri was amazing, very professional, and on task to whatever we needed to make the day go smooth. Torri also provided us with a list of venders and they were amazing especially fudgie flowers in Sarasota, they did an amazing job on the flowers. We highly recommend Longboat Key club if you are thinking of a destination wedding, they did an amazing job, and we were stress free! The entire staff was amazing.

thank you for making our day one we will never forget

Cara and Dustin Wiechens

Sent on 08/23/2015
  • Krystal & Matt

Krystal · Married on 05/02/2015

I can't say enough great things about this venue! We had our wedding at their Harbourside Complex there last weekend with the ceremony outside on the lawn and our reception in the dining room. Kristin, our catering manager, was wonderful to work with throughout the planning process, she was responsive and had great suggestions to make the day work for us the way we wanted. Our guests raved about the food and the venue itself, it was all so beautiful and ran so smooth! They definitely know how to do weddings at the LBK Club! I loved having the harbor in the background and we were able to get some beautiful photos on the grounds. Also, our stay at the resort was incredible! Beautiful beach and water and they definitely took care of us complete with champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and rose petals when we walked in after our wedding night. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in the Sarasota area.

Sent on 05/10/2015