The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel Reviews

The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel 5
The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel 6
The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel 7

Lindsay Piccolini · Getting married on 04/09/2021

You won't regret choosing this hotel!

Fallon and her team did an amazing job! I was not stressed out, and they thought of all the little details and took care of everything. We got a great price on our rooms, and my guests didn't have to leave the hotel as the ceremony was on their beautiful lobby stairs and the reception was upstairs. If I could go back and change anything, I wouldn't!! They were great to work with and the food was amazing. Please call Fallon today and book your wedding! You wont regret it!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 08/24/2019

The Best Day Ever💕

We don’t know where to begin or end with the most perfect wedding ever! The team from the Renaissance was above and beyond expectations! Our guests and family were truly impressed with the beautiful hotel, service, food, personal attention and the professionalism of the valet! Thank you to all for making the day totally amazing !

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/11/2019

10/10 Venue, Beautiful View, Phenomenal Staff

My husband and I couldn’t be happier that we had our reception at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. From the initial meeting to the day of our wedding, we were so impressed with the venue and the staff. The venue is just beautiful and offers a gorgeous view of the city from the ballroom. The staff were all extremely prompt with their responses to emails and phone calls. Fallon and the event crew at the Renaissance made our wedding experience so easy, effortless, fun, and honestly perfect. The staff was so helpful, extremely detail-oriented, and so much fun to work with. They answered every question that I threw their way and trust me – I had A LOT. You can trust them to make sure your wedding day goes as smoothly as possible. I cannot say enough great things about Fallon. Communication with her was excellent and so easy. She is very personable, professional, and extremely helpful. The package included a lot of components to the wedding, so we didn't have to plan many of them separately. The food was exceptional – so a big thank you to Chef Nick and his attention to detail. The day of the wedding, we didn't have to worry about anything – every detail was taken care of. Fallon communicated with all of our vendors including our band, florist, cake, and photographer the day of so we did not have to make any decisions. After the wedding, we came up to our suite and had the most wonderful surprise - cake, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne, and the sweetest note from Fallon and the event staff. All of our décor and things that we brought (picture frames, champagne flutes, cake server, guestbook, and card box) were neatly put away and delivered to our room by Mark so that we didn’t have to worry about it. We could not have had a better wedding reception and there isn’t one single thing that we would change. The Renaissance is a 10/10 venue! I would truly recommend this venue to anyone! Thanks again to everyone at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel for making our wedding day so perfect and so memorable. ☺

Sent on 08/18/2019
    The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel 17
    The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel 18
    The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel 19

The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda for the kind words, your photos turned out AMAZING! I truly enjoyed working with you and I wish you both the best :)
  • Camilla

Camilla Millslagle · Married on 10/13/2018

Best day ever!

My dream wedding was brought to life all because of Allison and the staff at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel! The food was exceptional, and Chef Nicks attention to detail for all of my courses was amazing customer service. Every idea I gave to Allison she made it even better than what I imagined. From the food and beverage team who perfected my centerpieces that had food on them (and provided our 8 course meal), to Allison's attention to detail and how to make that ballroom even more gorgeous, to the banquet servers and bartenders who were there with us all night making sure everything was perfect. We could not have had a better wedding reception, and we would not change one single thing! Everyone deserves to have a day just as perfect as mine was, and Allison and her team are the ones to handle it for you!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Josh Millslagle · Married on 10/13/2018

Great experience

Great location, great food, bartenders were great mixers. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 12/14/2018

Adriana · Married on 07/07/2018

Having our wedding reception at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel was the BEST decision we made. Allison & her team made planning so fun and easy for us as the bride and groom and they were so helpful throughout the entire process. Our wedding day & entire stay at the hotel was everything we dreamed of and more! We had guests travel from all over the country and we received so many positive comments throughout the entire weekend regarding the fun location in the city, ambiance of the lobby/common areas, beautiful views from our reception room, service, exceptional food... the list can go on and on! If you are planning a wedding in the downtown Pittsburgh area, this venue is HIGHLY recommended! We are already excited to return for future visits!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Aimee · Married on 07/07/2018

The Renaissance was the perfect venue for our wedding. Allison and the entire staff went above and beyond to exceed all of our expectations. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Pamela · Married on 05/26/2018

The Renaissance was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding reception! The ballroom was gorgeous with spectacular views of PNC Park and the city. Allison was so easy to work with and anticipated our every need. She went above and beyond to make the day so very special for us! We couldn't have been more pleased. The food was delicious and the service fantastic. The hotel is so romantic, the Grand Staircase in the lobby makes it feel like a true life fairytale. The hotel rooms were beautiful, our guests raved about their accommodations. If you are looking for a downtown venue, this has to be your number one choice! It is the perfect venue for an unforgettable wedding day!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Susan R · Married on 09/10/2017

It was the greatest experience. And we did it all long distance with no difficulty. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious and the service was exceptional.

Sent on 09/22/2017

kathleen · Married on 09/02/2017

Allison the coordinator was spectacular!! Patti the head waitress and the head banquet coordinator was amazing and super attentive!! Mike the head bartender can't be beat... the staff was amazing!!! Wonderful weekend and beautiful wedding!!! Would not have changed a thing!!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Sara · Married on 09/02/2017

Allison was absolutely fabulous! My family and I loved working with her. She was very responsive, professional, and so easy to work with. I highly recommend the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel for your wedding!

Sent on 09/08/2017

The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! It was a pleasure working with you and your family! :)

Denise · Married on 08/26/2017

We could not have been happier with our daughter's wedding reception at the Pittsburgh Renaissance. The staff is wonderful to work with and helped guide us every step along the way. The food and service was excellent. The warm blue lighting gave the room the ambiance we wanted and the spectacular view of the North Shore was the crowning jewel to a most memorable event.

Sent on 09/13/2017
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2017

Venue Heaven

We recently hosted our wedding reception at the Renaissance over 4th of July weekend. We were so impressed with how everything turned out and wanted to especially rave about Fallon, Lisa and Marlena, along with the rest of the amazing staff. Our bridal suite was perfection and the room block was easy to organize. All of the day-of details were executed flawlessly by Marlena and her team. And every step of the planning process was overseen by Fallon who is so great to work with and who took every little worry that I had seriously. The hotel itself is a show-stopper which is why we chose it. From the trendy, upscale room décor to the beautiful lobby, grand staircase and the jaw-dropping lighted dome, the Renaissance gave our reception such a classy and contemporary home. And the classically Pittsburgh view from the ballroom was the icing on the cake. Their wedding package is priced so well for everything that you get with it and all of the food was insanely good! I know that the bride and groom typically don’t have time to eat, but my husband and I couldn’t bare to not completely clean our plates! Finally, we wanted to mention the bartender at the Braddock Bar, Mike. Talk about an awesome guy! Mike was always the absolute picture of customer service while still becoming a friend every time that we talked with him, even if it was just while grabbing a drink after a planning meeting. If you’re interested in great bar service for the wedding, Mike will make sure it happens, and he even concocted a signature drink that our guests are still talking about! Overall, we toured over 20 Pittsburgh venues for our reception and knew instantly upon entering the Renaissance that our search was over. It was the perfect choice and allowed us to throw the reception of our dreams while our guest received unparalleled hospitality and we wouldn’t change a thing!

Sent on 10/01/2019

The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole! I am truly touched. I am beyond pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations! We loved working with you and your family! :)

Brianna · Married on 03/18/2017

Everyone at the Rennaisance was amazing from start to finish. They catered to every need the day of the wedding.

Sent on 04/09/2017

After contacting between 20-30 venues for our wedding, we were lucky enough to find that the Renaissance had our wedding date open. If you are also lucky enough to find that the Renaissance has your wedding date open, I can tell you that booking the date will be one of the best decisions that you make in planning your wedding. There are not enough good things that I can say about working with the Renaissance, especially Katy and her staff. She was incredibly responsive, accommodating, helpful, and organized throughout the planning process (as well as the rest of her staff). The food was fantastic, the service during the actual reception was flawless, and the room looked absolutely gorgeous. We could not be happier with choosing the Renaissance as our wedding venue and I highly recommend it to anyone about to begin planning a wedding!!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/30/2015

The Renaissance hotel was the PERFECT venue for our wedding! We were blown away by the wonderful staff!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Stacy · Married on 12/13/2014

Our son and daughter in laws wedding was here and the staff did an incredible job! It was an amazing wedding and everyone had a fabulous time! Can't Thank them enough for all they did to make their day so special!

Sent on 12/18/2014
  • jnissa

jocelyn · Married on 09/13/2014

I had wanted to have my wedding in the Renaissance for as long as I can remember, and the venue did not disappoint. Christine and her staff handled every detail perfectly and the room coordinator Gary Lee went above and beyond to make sure our out-of-town friends and family were taken care of. We had a lot of specific and unique requests and they were all handled perfectly.

Our guests couldn't stop raving about the views from the ballroom window (even better if you manage to book your wedding during baseball season on a game night!). But mostly they could not stop raving about the food. We expected the food to be be good, but we truly did not expect it to be as above and beyond as it was. In addition to a flank steak with whiskey demi-glaze and a miso-glazed salmon with papaya salsa, Chef B. worked with us to customize a vegetarian entree and to create both Pittsburgh-style sandwiches for late night and three custom pierogie (blue cheese mashed potato stuffed, sweet potato and pecan stuffed and cheddar chive mashed potato stuffed). The food was amazing and a highlight.

This is also an ideal location if you have a lot of out-of-town guests. We had about 80 guests staying in the hotel with us and they all were able to spend the day before the wedding enjoying Pittsburgh because there is so much walkable (North Shore, Cultural District, Market Square and even the Strip District) from that location. If you have a large out of town contingent and want to ensure they have things to do that are easy to get to, this is the venue for y

Sent on 09/27/2014

Kathryn · Married on 08/30/2014

Amazing does not do The Renaissance Pittsburgh and their team justice. They were so accommodating (they even changed the domes color to match my wedding color scheme), everything was beautiful and their team makes things happen and offer good advice and are willing to make dreams come true. I looked at numerous vendors prior to chosing The Renaissance and the team and the hotel is in my opinion the best option, espically for brides that are traveling to Pittsburgh for the wedding as well as having numerous guests travel to attend the wedding. All of my guests raved at how wonderful the rooms were and how beautiful the ceremony was on the staircase. I express my deepest graditude to the team at the Renaissance for making our wedding the most perfect day that we could never possibly forget.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Anna · Married on 08/09/2014

Every single person we encountered while working with the Renaissance from booking until the time we checked out on Monday after the wedding was wonderful. Everyone was willing to help and assist with anything I asked and answered any questions I ever had. There were a few who stood out because they went above and beyond what was asked of them.

Christine Zimmick made the entire planning process stress-free! She remembered all of the details I ever mentioned to her and made sure that everything was exactly perfect! Christine took my many different pictures and ideas and brought them to light. Her attention to detail and efficiency made me always feel like her only bride. Looking back, I didn't worry about a single thing working with her!

Dante DeRienzo also was an incredible member of the Renaissance staff to work with. He made sure the evening ran perfectly smooth. When he saw I was grimacing as I walked during the reception, he offered to go get my more comfortable shoes for me and made sure that none of my bridesmaids had to leave the party. He made sure my (now) husband and I were never without a drink in our hand. He also made sure we ate our dinner so we could dance the night away!

Gary Lee also made the room accommodations simple! We had the majority of our wedding traveling from out of town and he made it easy for all of them to book and make changes when need be!

We literally have no negative feedback to pass, because their staff thought of every possible detail. No stone was left un-turned--and this is coming from a teacher and a military officer who run a very tight household :) In general, we couldn't have been happier with our experience at the Renaissance. Everyone hunting for a wedding venue should look into booking at the Renaissance Pittsburgh!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/01/2014

The Renaissance in Pittsburgh was a dream come true. The hotel was gorgeous for our vintage style wedding (plus the view of the city is spectacular). We were married on the grand staircase and continued on to the Grand Ball room for our reception! Christine Zimmick and her staff are the most amazing, nicest, professional and efficient team I have ever met. Everything went smoothly from start to finish and Christine was willing to help me every step of the way. My girls and I were WELL taken care of the day of the wedding and I did not have to worry about one thing!

Gary Lee was the head of our room block and he went ABOVE AND BEYOND to help us and our guests find rooms and were given the proper attention they deserved.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Renaissance Hotel for your wedding!!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Christine and her staff were amazing to work with. They exceeded our expectations to make the day go flawlessly. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Brie · Married on 11/15/2013

This hotel is fantastic. Beautiful décor, amazing food, super organized. I loved everything about my day. Christine Zimmick is the coordinator and she is friendly, flexible, organized. Dante is the catering manager and he is great as well, super wonderful staff. Everyone raved about the food. If you have out of town guests this venue is amazing. For many of our guests this was their first Pittsburgh visit and it allowed them to walk around and see downtown, market square, strip district, the parks, theaters and sports stadiums. It was everything I hoped it would be.

Sent on 12/09/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/05/2013

When I first planning my wedding at Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel Tony was working for them. Well about 4 months before the wedding Tony quit and my now husband and I were worried. Christine was perfect, so helpful, and made my wedding day so perfect. I love the view from our reception room, honeymoon suite, and the area for the bridal party.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Kira · Married on 08/17/2013

It has always been my dream to get ready at the Renaissance the day of my wedding. Since we were having our ceremony at Heinz Hall, that meant this was the perfect place to book a bridal suite and then have the bridal party walk just a block. This was the big splurge for my wedding. I booked the small patio suite on the 14th floor. This was the perfect setting for all of my bridesmaids and moms to get ready and have lovely pictures taken in the process. But here was the REALLY cool thing: they said it was a patio suite. No no. It didn't have a patio, it had a HUGE TERRACE!!! I really thought the patio would be a tiny balcony; the terrace was bigger than each of the rooms of the suite! Amazing views of the city. What memories. This was an amazing experience, and the terrace was an amazing place to take pictures with my photographer. This place is just first class. They bell boys helped me so much (and I had a lot of stuff with me!) and delivered a fridge right up to my room so that I could chill champagne for the next morning. Totally worth it.

Sent on 08/28/2013