The Red M Studio Reviews

41 | Metairie, LA

41 Reviews for The Red M Studio

Jared · Married on 10/06/2017

Marianne and Steve did our engagement photos, and they were true champs. As a couple, my fiancée and I fly in the face of tradition, and The Red M Studio's attention to that fact shows just as much in the pictures as it did during the experience of taking them. Because we're a bit goofy and non-traditional, we were concerned about posing and feeling inauthentic. We wanted them to capture US and WHO WE ARE - not just move our arms around like mannequins, snapping a few shots when we were posed the right way.
    They totally got it.
    They crammed into our tiny apartment with us, chased us back and forth on the ferry, and even captured our stubborn cat - all for the sake of showing the genuine vibe of our relationship. It was awesome! When they showed us the photos and gave us the files, my fiancée was *squealing* with delight.
    We're definitely getting a few of these photos printed in large format on canvas for the apartment. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2017

When I met Marianne and Steve I knew I had to have them as our wedding photographers! I was drawn to their creativity and how they tell a story in the pictures they capture. Many of our wedding guests were in awe of the pictures they took and didn't even see them taking pictures. They were professional, down to earth and went above and beyond. I LOVE my pictures and highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Brian · Married on 01/07/2017

Marianne and Steve were the best! They were fun and professional from the beginning to the end. Since we both live in the New Orleans area, it was easy for us to meet in person to discuss wedding details. The best part is that our discussions were always stress-free and fun. :) The day of the wedding they were there early to make sure everything is set up perfectly before the ceremony. We barely noticed them during the ceremony (I for one completely forgot they were there). We got married on one of the coldest nights in New Orleans (around 35 degrees or so) and the ceremony had to move indoors last minute, but Marianne and Steve were completely flexible and were total champs going outside with us after the ceremony to get pictures taking around the venue (We got married at House of Broel and it has an amazing garden in the back). I would recommend anyone looking for photographers to work with them. You will not regret it. :)

Sent on 04/30/2017

Nan · Married on 12/31/2016

Red M were so great to work with. They truly gave us the photos we looked forward to of our daughters wedding. We are extremely pleased.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Jason · Married on 10/01/2016

Penny and I were married on October 1, 2016 at the Jefferson Orleans, and the day was captured perfectly by Marianne and Steve Sabrier. They were with us from start to finish and took all the stress out of the picture taking process. They are the perfect compliment to one another in their personal and professional lives, which is likely why they are so perfectly suited for this job.

We also chose to do a post-wedding-shoot; which was a great idea as we were able to relax without the normal stress and tight schedule of the wedding day. Marianne and Steve helped us get into the venue we wanted and were creative and responsive making for a terrific shoot. They were also very open to input and our ideas; and that was an especially big deal to me as I shot weddings professionally for over five years. As a groom, and a former professional shooter I was impressed on all levels.

After our wedding and post-wedding shoot they continued to “wow” us with a wonderful evening at their in-home studio to go through our pictures and answer any questions we had about accessing pictures or ordering prints. We were treated to a slideshow of Marianne and Steve’s favorite pics set to a soundtrack made just for us.

Penny and I could not be more pleased with our pictures and the fantastic job by this dynamic team. They told our love story beautifully. Marianne and Steve are what everybody wants for their wedding photography.

Sent on 11/29/2016

My fiance and I couldn't be happier with Marianne, Steve & Red M Studios! They did such an amazing job capturing our engagement session in New Orleans and I only wish we were getting married there so that I could have them capture our big day! They captured our unique vision for our engagement session better than I could have imagined. Not only were the photos beautiful, they helped research, coordinate and make our ideas come to life! They even were able to capture some wonderful photos of my future step-daughter too!! We loved every photo and all our time working with them! Thank you so much!! We will definitely be coming back for more family photos in the future!!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Beth · Married on 07/29/2016

The Red M Studio blew us away with their professionalism. Marianne and Steve worked with us to capture memories from our wedding that we would not have wanted to trust to anyone else. From the beginning when we took our engagement photos, they took time to learn our story and really connected with us. We even saw them in our church a few weeks before the wedding checking the lighting for our wedding. The attention to little details really meant a lot to us. On the day of the wedding Marianne even took the time to calm my nerves and help me get through the craziness that was taking place. Our wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much Marianne and Steve for working with us and taking such great care with capturing our memories.

Sent on 09/22/2016
  • James

James L. · Married on 12/12/2015

Center of the universe

Couldn’t ask for better. Warm. Professional. Aesthetically impressive. They treated us like we were the center of the universe.

Sent on 04/27/2020

The Red M Studio's reply:

Well Randy, y'all were! Thank you for your kind words. We truly enjoyed your wedding and spending time with you and Sherri.

Shannon · Married on 04/18/2015

Marianne & Steve were great to work with and so much fun. I loved that they got to know my guests too. They shot my rehearsal dinner, second line (in light rain), and my wedding. My photos turned out amazing. I could not have been happier with Red M Studio. They even had patience to deal with my husband who hates taking pictures!

Sent on 02/29/2016

Kristen · Married on 02/21/2015

Marianne's beautiful photography captured our engagement and wedding celebrations perfectly. Marianne was a dream to work with - she is full of talent, easy to work with, knowledgeable, and passionate about photography. Marianne exceeded our expectations and captured all of our memories so perfectly. Our photos are magazine-worthy and are something we will cherish for years to come. Thanks to Marianne's expertise and creativity, she helped make our wedding season that much more special! - Kristen

Sent on 01/13/2016

Sharon · Married on 07/26/2014

Marianne and Steve were great! I definately picked a great team to photograph my wedding. They were very professional and all aspects of their work went smoothly. They took a variety of creative shots that were amazing. The wedding video collage was incredible. I received compliments on it every time I shared it with friends that were not able to attend the wedding (and from those that saw it and did go). They created wonderful memories for us and it was fun to work with a husband and wife team.

Sent on 02/24/2016

Devonne · Married on 04/12/2014

As a first time bride of 40 something, engagement pictures were very important to me. Red M worked with us to find out exactly what we wanted. Marianne took the time to get to know us and our personalities. She did the shoot in our backyard and transformed a simple wood fence into a beautiful, rustic setting. My husband is VERY quiet and shy, refuses to show his teeth when he smiles and is not an easy subject. She worked miracles! I have some of the sweetest pictures of his precious smile. I highly recommend working with Marianne and The Red M Studio. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 02/17/2016

Rose · Married on 12/22/2012

They call themselves, The Red M Studio. I call them the dynamic duo. I cannot say enough good things about the powerhouse team of Marianne and Steve, mostly what a pleasure it was to work with these two incredibly talented, patient individuals.

As an encore bride, I wasn’t looking for the Cinderella experience of a 21 year old, and yet they artistically showed the beauty of woman I have become, my distinguished handsome groom and most importantly, they conveyed the love between us through pictures. At no point did I feel rushed or stressed, they took the time to capture the true “us” -- and our larger than life families with grace and professionalism. They have a gift for making everyone feel at ease, relaxed and real – and then they get the shot.

This is not your momma’s wedding photography, you will not see the same old tired poses unless you request them, but rather they will find everything special about your day and capture every special moment beautifully telling the story of YOUR love and YOUR special day. They seek out the details that make your day unique. They tell YOUR story, even better than YOU will remember it on that surreal day.

The images themselves are stunning right out of the camera but they take it a step further post production manually enhancing them to show you in your best light without relying on trendy filters or gimmicky presets that have become so cliché, there’s enough of that on instagram! You will have heirloom quality images that will you will proud to display for generations.

I’ve known Marianne for years and although her business was relatively new at the time of our wedding, I knew what an energetic creative person she is. I’d been a fan of her work for years. I knew what a fresh creative approach she would bring to telling our story. She and Steve are an amazing team in business and in life and their professionalism, commitment to excellence and passion for what they do is apparent in every single image.

Sent on 03/24/2016

Christine · Married on 07/28/2012

My husband and I eloped to New Orleans with little in the way of planning - intentionally. I found Marianne through a Google search! Boy did we get lucky. Once we connected, she sent me to her professional website where I saw what I was looking for... a photographer who captures moments, not just images. I noticed that Marianne's clients were brides of all ages and not all of them sweet young things. Yet every one looked radiant, youthful, happy, just gorgeous. Her work really appealed to me. When the day came, I admit my husband and I were rather dependent on Marianne for decisions because we really were "just winging it." She and her husband Steve had it covered for us, right down to the best place to stand in the park for our ceremony. We really had a fun time taking photos before and after, and I must say, Marianne showed kindness and good taste in the frames she selected and improved for us to keep. I know I'm not that photogenic, but Marianne's work made us both look beautiful. We continue to be super happy with our wedding photos and album, and we enjoy staying in touch with Marianne and Steve. They will forever be a major part of our special day.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Angelle · Married on 07/21/2012

I cannot express the amount of appreciation I have for Marianne. They do not disappoint and are nothing less than amazing! Every moment was captured and yet they were never in the way. Simply brilliant!

Sent on 02/19/2016
  • Peggy

Peggy · Married on 11/13/2020

The Red M Studio shot a sweet backyard elopement for my grandson& his new bride. Marianne & Steve were very professional in catching all the sweet moments that the bride & groom will have for a lifetime.

Sent on 07/23/2018