The Red M Studio Reviews

The Red M Studio 6
The Red M Studio 7
  • Aysia

Aysia Pennell · Married on 11/09/2018

I would hire The Red M Studio a million times!

STOP SCROLLING! THESE ARE THE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS YOU DESERVE. From the very beginning, Marianne and Steve have been the picture of professionalism. I was a NOLA destination bride so a lot of my planning was done remotely from California. This was NEVER an issue for The Red M Studio team. Their response time is supernaturally fast (I am still deciding if they can read my mind or if they just never sleep), they are warm and welcoming, and they KNOW their stuff. The first time I visited NOLA to tour venues, Steve and Marianne made time in their busy schedules to meet with my mom and I in person and discuss my photography needs. I knew pretty much 5 minutes into the meeting that they were the team for us. On wedding day, they were perfectly balanced between going with the flow and keeping our photography schedule on track. I will never forget after getting all dressed up Marianne looked at me and said "Have you seen yourself yet??" I hadn't. It isn't in her job description to make sure I have a bridal moment, but I will never forget it, and I owe that moment to Marianne. From being patient with my wayward toddler (the kid literally ate a giant green apple all through our formal shots) to somehow corralling my large and easily excitable family, they literally got through our formal pairings (the ones previously agreed upon and a few more) within THIRTY MINUTES. I couldn't tell you how many times the good folks at The Red M talked me off the ledge in the weeks leading up to the wedding lol but my mantra throughout planning was "well at least I know the photography is going to be good". I was wrong. It was great. When we got our gallery back (again, in a unnaturally quick turnaround time) I was absolutely speechless. By the length of this review, you might be able to tell that doesn't happen often. When clicking through those pictures I felt like I was right back in the moment, marrying the love of my life, all over again. Marianne and Steve are worth their weight in gold, and booking them was the best decision I made (besides the groom of course!). Thank you Red M for knocking my wedding photos out of the park! I am THRILLED that the "Client for Life" option came with our wedding package so that we can have an excuse to work together again as our family grows. GET WED WITH RED!

The Red M Studio 8

Brandi · Married on 10/18/2018

Everything we were hoping for and more

Marianne and Steve were absolutely wonderful and went above and beyond to help capture our wedding day. Our wedding in New Orleans was a destination wedding for us, neither of us had ever been to the city. We had ideas of what we wanted to do for photos but knew nothing about where to go. They had the whole thing planned out with exact places to take pictures that were perfect. They were even nice enough to meet us a few days before to go over everything. Which made me feel so much better considering everything else about that day we were going into blindly. I would absolutely recommend the Red M Studio for wedding photography. They made us feel completely comfortable with everything and were very helpful with ideas for photos. I've seen a few sneak peeks from that day and they are amazing. Im looking forward to seeing the rest. If you haven't found your wedding photographer you should check out the Red M Studio.

Sent on 10/27/2018
    The Red M Studio 9

The Red M Studio's reply:

Thank you, Brandi! We loved working with you and Patrick ...madly in love is a joy to photograph!! We are so happy you chose New Orleans to celebrate your love story. We love sharing our city and showing her off and were happy to do so for you guys! Many years of happiness to you both!

Daniel · Married on 10/01/2018

These guys are great! Not only are they professional, but they are also fun and creative. They did our engagement photos for us, and we had a great time working with them. They really listened to us and helped to tell our story through photographs.

Veronika · Married on 05/19/2018

The Red M Studio was awesome to work with! Our wedding pictures look so beautiful and came out great. Marianne and Steve are easy and sweet to work with. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/17/2018

The Red M Studio's reply:

Thank you, Veronika! Working with a couple as sweet as you and Evan make it easy to be sweet right back at ya! xoxo

Christy · Married on 02/17/2018

I love The Red M Studio! Marianne and Steve have been wonderful to work with. For our engagement shoot, they went out of their way to get all the crazy shots that I requested and we couldn't be happier with the result. They have a passion for photography that is evident in all their beautiful pictures. Not to mention, their prices are the most reasonable I found in the city. Can't say enough good things about them!!

Maddy · Married on 11/18/2017

Marianne and Steve were absolutely phenomenal at what they do. They were professional, kind, patient, and super accommodating to any an all curveballs thrown their way (like our crazy big wedding parties and their ability to step in two weeks before the wedding and be our photographers when our previous photographer broke his leg!) As the bride, Marianne and Steve also felt like support systems. For example, my officiant was twenty minutes late to the ceremony (yikes) and Steve calmed me down with sweet words and anecdotes. Marianne helped me figure out typical bride things- like cutting the cake after probably too many glasses of wine and how to not cock my head to the side when I smile for pictures. Both of them were a joy to work with and I would recommend them to EVERYONE! Also, the pictures were absolutely stunning. They captured the wedding perfectly (and I don't like to use "perfect" often... but no other word suffices for these two.)

Lydia · Married on 10/22/2017

Marianne and Steve were wonderful photographers on my wedding day. During the planning, we checked in a couple times to talk about the schedule and how to get the best pictures. We even met in person about a month before the wedding to check on the light in different places. On the wedding day, they showed up early to make sure we had enough time to capture all of the details. Marianne was great, encouraging us to be comfortable throughout the couple and group photos, and always nudging us just into the right spot to capture beautiful light. I wanted lots of detail shots, and Steve was excellent in capturing them. They had great energy through the party and the second line and caught some wonderful moments of people having tons of fun. One of the best parts about the Red M Studio is that they got my pictures back to me in two and a half weeks! They even hand-delivered the files to me at my office. I am obsessed with my pictures, they are all so beautiful. I relive my wedding day every time I look through them. I cannot recommend The Red M Studio enough. I look forward to being their client for life.

Rachel · Married on 10/06/2017

Marianne and Steve were an amazing team; They listened to our concerns about not wanting a traditional engagement shoot, and tailored our poses and locations as such. They were so fun and easy to work with, and made us feel very comfortable (we are not accustomed to having our picture taken that much). We heard back from Marianne with proofs of our photos so quickly, and the presentation when we picked up the files made us feel so special. The photos blew me away! I was shrieking with joy. I couldn't believe the shots they got. I was absolutely thrilled. I can't wait to use them again.

Jared · Married on 10/06/2017

Marianne and Steve did our engagement photos, and they were true champs. As a couple, my fiancée and I fly in the face of tradition, and The Red M Studio's attention to that fact shows just as much in the pictures as it did during the experience of taking them. Because we're a bit goofy and non-traditional, we were concerned about posing and feeling inauthentic. We wanted them to capture US and WHO WE ARE - not just move our arms around like mannequins, snapping a few shots when we were posed the right way.
    They totally got it.
    They crammed into our tiny apartment with us, chased us back and forth on the ferry, and even captured our stubborn cat - all for the sake of showing the genuine vibe of our relationship. It was awesome! When they showed us the photos and gave us the files, my fiancée was *squealing* with delight.
    We're definitely getting a few of these photos printed in large format on canvas for the apartment. I highly recommend them!

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2017

When I met Marianne and Steve I knew I had to have them as our wedding photographers! I was drawn to their creativity and how they tell a story in the pictures they capture. Many of our wedding guests were in awe of the pictures they took and didn't even see them taking pictures. They were professional, down to earth and went above and beyond. I LOVE my pictures and highly recommend them!!!

Brian · Married on 01/07/2017

Marianne and Steve were the best! They were fun and professional from the beginning to the end. Since we both live in the New Orleans area, it was easy for us to meet in person to discuss wedding details. The best part is that our discussions were always stress-free and fun. :) The day of the wedding they were there early to make sure everything is set up perfectly before the ceremony. We barely noticed them during the ceremony (I for one completely forgot they were there). We got married on one of the coldest nights in New Orleans (around 35 degrees or so) and the ceremony had to move indoors last minute, but Marianne and Steve were completely flexible and were total champs going outside with us after the ceremony to get pictures taking around the venue (We got married at House of Broel and it has an amazing garden in the back). I would recommend anyone looking for photographers to work with them. You will not regret it. :)

Nan · Married on 12/31/2016

Red M were so great to work with. They truly gave us the photos we looked forward to of our daughters wedding. We are extremely pleased.

Jason · Married on 10/01/2016

Penny and I were married on October 1, 2016 at the Jefferson Orleans, and the day was captured perfectly by Marianne and Steve Sabrier. They were with us from start to finish and took all the stress out of the picture taking process. They are the perfect compliment to one another in their personal and professional lives, which is likely why they are so perfectly suited for this job.

We also chose to do a post-wedding-shoot; which was a great idea as we were able to relax without the normal stress and tight schedule of the wedding day. Marianne and Steve helped us get into the venue we wanted and were creative and responsive making for a terrific shoot. They were also very open to input and our ideas; and that was an especially big deal to me as I shot weddings professionally for over five years. As a groom, and a former professional shooter I was impressed on all levels.

After our wedding and post-wedding shoot they continued to “wow” us with a wonderful evening at their in-home studio to go through our pictures and answer any questions we had about accessing pictures or ordering prints. We were treated to a slideshow of Marianne and Steve’s favorite pics set to a soundtrack made just for us.

Penny and I could not be more pleased with our pictures and the fantastic job by this dynamic team. They told our love story beautifully. Marianne and Steve are what everybody wants for their wedding photography.

My fiance and I couldn't be happier with Marianne, Steve & Red M Studios! They did such an amazing job capturing our engagement session in New Orleans and I only wish we were getting married there so that I could have them capture our big day! They captured our unique vision for our engagement session better than I could have imagined. Not only were the photos beautiful, they helped research, coordinate and make our ideas come to life! They even were able to capture some wonderful photos of my future step-daughter too!! We loved every photo and all our time working with them! Thank you so much!! We will definitely be coming back for more family photos in the future!!

Beth · Married on 07/29/2016

The Red M Studio blew us away with their professionalism. Marianne and Steve worked with us to capture memories from our wedding that we would not have wanted to trust to anyone else. From the beginning when we took our engagement photos, they took time to learn our story and really connected with us. We even saw them in our church a few weeks before the wedding checking the lighting for our wedding. The attention to little details really meant a lot to us. On the day of the wedding Marianne even took the time to calm my nerves and help me get through the craziness that was taking place. Our wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much Marianne and Steve for working with us and taking such great care with capturing our memories.

Shannon · Married on 04/18/2015

Marianne & Steve were great to work with and so much fun. I loved that they got to know my guests too. They shot my rehearsal dinner, second line (in light rain), and my wedding. My photos turned out amazing. I could not have been happier with Red M Studio. They even had patience to deal with my husband who hates taking pictures!

Kristen · Married on 02/21/2015

Marianne's beautiful photography captured our engagement and wedding celebrations perfectly. Marianne was a dream to work with - she is full of talent, easy to work with, knowledgeable, and passionate about photography. Marianne exceeded our expectations and captured all of our memories so perfectly. Our photos are magazine-worthy and are something we will cherish for years to come. Thanks to Marianne's expertise and creativity, she helped make our wedding season that much more special! - Kristen

Sharon · Married on 07/26/2014

Marianne and Steve were great! I definately picked a great team to photograph my wedding. They were very professional and all aspects of their work went smoothly. They took a variety of creative shots that were amazing. The wedding video collage was incredible. I received compliments on it every time I shared it with friends that were not able to attend the wedding (and from those that saw it and did go). They created wonderful memories for us and it was fun to work with a husband and wife team.

Devonne · Married on 04/12/2014

As a first time bride of 40 something, engagement pictures were very important to me. Red M worked with us to find out exactly what we wanted. Marianne took the time to get to know us and our personalities. She did the shoot in our backyard and transformed a simple wood fence into a beautiful, rustic setting. My husband is VERY quiet and shy, refuses to show his teeth when he smiles and is not an easy subject. She worked miracles! I have some of the sweetest pictures of his precious smile. I highly recommend working with Marianne and The Red M Studio. You will not be disappointed.

Rose · Married on 12/22/2012

They call themselves, The Red M Studio. I call them the dynamic duo. I cannot say enough good things about the powerhouse team of Marianne and Steve, mostly what a pleasure it was to work with these two incredibly talented, patient individuals.

As an encore bride, I wasn’t looking for the Cinderella experience of a 21 year old, and yet they artistically showed the beauty of woman I have become, my distinguished handsome groom and most importantly, they conveyed the love between us through pictures. At no point did I feel rushed or stressed, they took the time to capture the true “us” -- and our larger than life families with grace and professionalism. They have a gift for making everyone feel at ease, relaxed and real – and then they get the shot.

This is not your momma’s wedding photography, you will not see the same old tired poses unless you request them, but rather they will find everything special about your day and capture every special moment beautifully telling the story of YOUR love and YOUR special day. They seek out the details that make your day unique. They tell YOUR story, even better than YOU will remember it on that surreal day.

The images themselves are stunning right out of the camera but they take it a step further post production manually enhancing them to show you in your best light without relying on trendy filters or gimmicky presets that have become so cliché, there’s enough of that on instagram! You will have heirloom quality images that will you will proud to display for generations.

I’ve known Marianne for years and although her business was relatively new at the time of our wedding, I knew what an energetic creative person she is. I’d been a fan of her work for years. I knew what a fresh creative approach she would bring to telling our story. She and Steve are an amazing team in business and in life and their professionalism, commitment to excellence and passion for what they do is apparent in every single image.

Christine · Married on 07/28/2012

My husband and I eloped to New Orleans with little in the way of planning - intentionally. I found Marianne through a Google search! Boy did we get lucky. Once we connected, she sent me to her professional website where I saw what I was looking for... a photographer who captures moments, not just images. I noticed that Marianne's clients were brides of all ages and not all of them sweet young things. Yet every one looked radiant, youthful, happy, just gorgeous. Her work really appealed to me. When the day came, I admit my husband and I were rather dependent on Marianne for decisions because we really were "just winging it." She and her husband Steve had it covered for us, right down to the best place to stand in the park for our ceremony. We really had a fun time taking photos before and after, and I must say, Marianne showed kindness and good taste in the frames she selected and improved for us to keep. I know I'm not that photogenic, but Marianne's work made us both look beautiful. We continue to be super happy with our wedding photos and album, and we enjoy staying in touch with Marianne and Steve. They will forever be a major part of our special day.

Angelle · Married on 07/21/2012

I cannot express the amount of appreciation I have for Marianne. They do not disappoint and are nothing less than amazing! Every moment was captured and yet they were never in the way. Simply brilliant!

Peggy · Married on 06/22/2018

The Red M Studio shot a sweet backyard elopement for my grandson& his new bride. Marianne & Steve were very professional in catching all the sweet moments that the bride & groom will have for a lifetime.

The Red M Studio 10