The Queen's Bees Reviews

107 | San Luis Obispo, CA

107 Reviews for The Queen's Bees

haley · Married on 02/02/2020

Amazing team!

These ladies are perfect. Jen did my hair and Maryah did my
    Makeup for my February 2,2020 wedding. I don’t think I have ever felt
    More beautiful. They were so sweet and make
    Me feel so comfortable and totally listened to what I wanted and achieved exactly that. LOVE THEM ! Will
    Post photos yet still
    Waiting on my professional wedding photos!

Sent on 02/09/2020
  • Karen

Karen Wang · Married on 08/17/2019

Higuera Ranch Wedding

I loved working with Queen's Bees from start to end of the wedding! Jenn, my makeup artist, is a super sweet person who really listened to my thoughts and transformed me to look like my inspiration photos. She even gave me tips on how to fix my tan lines! Lisa, my hair artist, also did a fantastic job and listened to what the bridal party wanted. Overall, everyone was super happy with how they looked and enjoyed getting ready in the morning with Jenn and Lisa!

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Emma

Emma Fuhs · Married on 07/13/2019

I love the Queen's Bees!

Jessi from the Queen's Bees did the BEST job with my wedding hair and makeup! I decided to do a trial beforehand, and was so glad I did. She was incredibly receptive to my requests, and created a look for me based off my description and pictures of what I wanted. I even went for a run after my hair and makeup trial, and by the time I was done not a hair was out of place! Everything felt so secure and comfortable, and it lasted throughout a long night of dancing and crying.

She was also extremely kind and professional. I highly recommend the Queen's Bees!

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Sonya

Sonya · Married on 06/29/2019

Made me feel like my best self on my wedding!

Jen is amazing, thoughtful and so organized! I had a weekend long Indian wedding with an early and tight timeline, she was able to accommodate all my family and friends during our wedding weekend. Jessi and Janina were the best glam squad ever! I had so much fun getting ready with them, they were quick but listened to all the small changes we made to my look. They are such troopers for waking up at the crack of dawn for my wedding! I had the best time just hanging out with them too! Made me wish I always had a beauty team to be around! :). I recommended Jen and her team to a friend of mine getting married in Paso this October as well as I was so pleased with how my looks turned out!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 06/29/2019

Love, love, love

I absolutely love Jordy! She did a great job on my hair. I am SO picky when it comes to how my hair is done, and that was one of my biggest concerns when it came to getting ready for my June 2019 wedding. During our trial, Jordy made me feel so comfortable, listened to all issues I've had in the past, and did a GREAT job that day AND day of! LOVE THEM. All the bridesmaids looked great, as well.

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Samira

Samira Wolf · Married on 06/15/2019

Absolutely perfect

Everything about the experience with The Queens Bees was great! Jenn is amazing and it’s really fun to work with her. She figured out a perfect timeline for the wedding day that considered all my wishes. My hair and make-up was done by Megan and I absolutely loved it!! I showed her some photos of of what I liked and she created the perfect look for me. It was even better than on any of the photos I showed her! I felt like she totally understood me and created a look that fit me perfectly. She was also super flexible with some last minute changes. I can absolutely recommend Jenn and Megan!!!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Claudia

Claudia · Married on 05/25/2019

Great makeup and hair artists!

My wedding hair and makeup was amazing! I received many compliments from my wedding guests on how flawless my look was. Thank you for making me look extra great on my wedding day!!!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • John

John Elder · Married on 05/18/2019

Wish we could get married all over again, so we could use them all over!

We have already referred them to friends who are getting married in the area! Every bridesmaid was completely impressed with their makeup and hair. Their attention to detail, and their understanding of specific requests from each woman, was amazing. Great ideas and creativity. Such an incredible experience! Adelita was a magician with makeup, and put a ton of effort into reading each skin type and customizing each woman's makeup applications. Chloe took the time to listen to each woman's wants, and then worked very hard to deliver those wants in the hair styles she created.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Sara

Sara Verzosa · Married on 02/16/2019

Jenn & Jessi are Truly Incredible!!!

I wouldn't have trusted many with the job of hair & makeup on my wedding day but Jenn & Jessi truly knocked it out of the park! When I told them retro makeup with Brigitte Bardot hair, they knew exactly what I meant. Jessi put in clip-in extensions for me that day and made them look so natural - she also added this incredible fishtail to my hair and made my bridal hair comb look even better than I thought it could! Jenn also did such an incredible makeup look on me with winged eyeliner, big false lashes, and dark red ombre lips. I've never felt more beautiful in my life or received more compliments. Plus, they both have such great, positive, easy-going energy and that's what you want on your big day!

Would so highly recommend the Queen's Bees. Can't say thank you enough, Jenn & Jessi, for everything you did for me!!

Sent on 02/22/2019
  • Athena

Athena · Married on 09/08/2018

Simply Amazing!

The Queen's Bee's was simply amazing to work with! They are a collective agency of hair and make up artists but they only let in the best! Jenn is who I communicated with for the majority of the time to set everything up and she was super responsive and helpful! The actual artists I ended up working with were Rece for hair and Alex for make up and both went above and beyond my expectations! I was super happy with my hair and make up at the trial but the day of the wedding it looked even better which I didn't think was possible! They both are clearly amazing at what they do - all of our hair and make up was flawless and they are able to work so quickly we were never worried about timing! They happen to be brother and sister which made the whole situation even better - the day of the wedding they made myself, my bridesmaids, and my mom laugh continuously for hours! They were also super sweet and would ask if there was anything else they could help with, it really made our day so much more fun and relaxing having them there! I would highly recommend The Queen's Bee's especially Rece and Alex for your big day as they are fabulous!

Sent on 11/24/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle Levine · Married on 09/08/2018

Glam, Gorgeous, and so much Fun!

Jenn and her glam squad are amazing! They really listen to your preferences and make suggestions to get you the look/vibe you want. I had other trials that left me feeling very blah, but she made sure I loved it and felt as bridal and beautiful as possible.

Plus, the ladies at Queens Bees were SO. MUCH. FUN. They did a trial for myself and two of my bridesmaids, and we wanted them to be our best friends. We laughed, we joked, we told stories - THE BEST. It was more fun to have people there who we loved and had great personalities - really set the vibe!

Plus, Jenn was fantastic over email/phone/text. She responded quickly, scheduled out the day/artists (we had 4 hair/makeup artists for 8 people), and even stayed a couple hours extra (for a fee) so she could refresh my hair/makeup after the ceremony and couple portraits.

Every stylist we had the day of was on time, on her game, and awesome. You can't go wrong with these bridal angels!!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Alyssa · event on: 07/07/2018

From the very beginning Jenn was kind, responsive, and professional when I e-mailed for hair and makeup for my engagement session. I'd loved her photos online. In person....OMG SHE IS AMAZING!!!!!! Yes, she made me look beautiful, but, more than that, she made me FEEL beautiful and glamorous! I was so much more confident going into our engagement session after spending a couple hours with her. How I wish I looked like that everyday! It was honestly depressing washing all her gorgeous work off. Jenn made me look like the very best version of myself.

I seriously want to put her in my pocket and take her magic makeup talents with me everywhere ?? Wish there were more closeups to show her work, but it stayed on the entire shoot and into the night...in 90 degree heat!

We had a little hiccup, but all it showed me was that she was willing to do whatever it took to make her clients happy and that she truly cares about her business. Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend her to friends, family, or even strangers on the street! She was that wonderful!!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Monica · Married on 06/30/2018

I was very happy with the Queen's Bees! I had a great trial with Brooke and Jessi and they did the same great job on the wedding day! I had 12 bridesmaids so there was a lot of makeup to be done. We had four stylists come to the venue. Brooke, Jessie, Cloey and Alex. They all did great work. I wanted everyone to just look very natural and they delivered. The airbrush makeup is awesome and lasts all day and looks great in pictures. PRO TIP - do not be afraid to give notes or changes during the process. I was picky and felt demanding, but each stylist ensured me that they WANT to hear what you like and don't like so everything is perfect.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Kristin · Married on 06/02/2018

Jenn and her team were INCREDIBLE!

From the start, I was in love. Jenn is incredibly responsive -- which I really valued.

The whole team made me and my bridesmaids look absolutely stunning (if I do say so myself). I'll note that all my girls are naturally pretty, but wow, I have never seen them look so incredible. One of my bridesmaids even noted that she loved her make-up and hair better for my wedding than she did for her own.

In the past, when most of us have had our make-up done for weddings we felt it was caked on and would melt off our face as the night went on. And for our hair, usually the curls are flat by the end of the night and you can't tell what the original look was. We definitely didn't feel that way with Jenn and team. They did a great job highlighting everyone's natural beauty and making us not feel like we were drowning in make up.

After the trial, I made a few changes and was one of those picky brides that brought some of my own make-up that I wanted to use. Jenn rolled with the punches and didn't mind a bit. Katie did my hair and it was absolutely perfect (better than I even pictured it would be). Beyond that, she did my mom's hair - twice. The first round, she nailed it and my mom's hair looked exactly like the inspiration photos. After a little while, my mom realized she needed her hair a little different and Katie had no problem making changes. It was so great how flexible they were and how much they made each one of my favorite women feel special and beautiful. It was such a relief not to stress over what we looked like in pictures for the night with such an incredible team helping to make us look our very best.

You are guaranteed to look your best if you book with The Queen's Bees.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Chelsea · Married on 04/10/2018

Excellent service! Very detailed oriented! I wanted the minimal makeup look that photographed well outdoors. They NAILED IT!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Madison · Married on 03/17/2018

A friend who is in the wedding industry recommended The Queens Bees and I fell in love with their instagram page. I had Paris for hair, Asha for make-up and Jenn assisted them for my bridal party that consisted of myself, 4 bridesmaids and both mothers. These girls did an amazing job! Everything turned out so perfect and they were such a delight to work with on top of that. Email coordination was prompt up until the day of and I was incredibly impressed that the girls all showed up early the day of in order to set up. They were super professional and made the start of the day enjoyable. Would highly recommend this team of women on your special day!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Kimberly · Married on 10/28/2017

I cannot even begin to express how kind and accommodating Jenn and Katie were for my wedding. Their talent and professionalism go above and beyond, and they made the whole "getting ready" process an absolute blast. They helped keep me calm and the room full of laughter. Jenn, makeup artist, does absolutely stunning work. She accommodated each of my girls' individual needs and wants and made all of us look flawless and stunning. And the makeup stayed beautiful ALL DAY even in high temps! Katie, hair stylist, does the best updos and wedding hair I've ever seen! Everyone was happy and felt her work truly depicted the pictures they were striving to look like. I have never felt more beautiful and wish I lived in the area so they could make me beautiful all the time! Love these ladies!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Marlina · Married on 10/07/2017

Amazing work! Communication was a breeze and Jennifer Hix always responded promptly. I was able to connect with each of my artists well in advance to go over looks etc & they were all so helpful! Day went smoothly and everything was ON TIME!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Samantha · Married on 09/03/2017

Just Married 9.3.17! Arroyo Grande was a destination wedding for us and I was so nervous finding a local hair/makeup team who I could feel comfortable with. I came across the Queen Bees and they were the first team I felt had the style I wanted. I reached out, and Jenn responded almost immediately. She is so kind and honest and was always available when I had questions. Since I was not local our visits had to be planned and with my work schedule, some times I would have to adjust our meetings. Jenn not only was flexible with my schedule but she never, not once made me feel bad for having to reschedule our appointments. When I met Jenn and Marlee for my trial, it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. They totally understood what I was looking to do and always asked if I was happy and completely comfortable with the styles. On my wedding day, they were on time and so so lovely. I can't compliment the team enough. I didn't see them as the hair/makeup team I saw them as my girlfriends who were making me, my bridesmaids and the moms look beautiful. Great listeners, reliable, talented, fun and trustworthy are just some of the amazing things you will get with the Queen Bees. Thank you guys for everything!!!

XOXO
    Samantha Flores

Sent on 09/11/2017

catrina · Married on 08/05/2017

Jennifer and her team did an awesome job! Alex did my make-up and Marlee did my hair. Both did a great job! I loved working with the Queens Bees all the artists were good at their jobs, super friendly and easy to work with!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Edrienne · Married on 07/29/2017

Jenn at the Queens Bees was my main contact. From the beginning, she was so helpful, answered all my questions, and provided me with the information I needed to make a decision about choosing their services. I am from the San Francisco Bay Area and I wanted a local artist to do my make up for my wedding day. She was easy to contact, had a fast response time, and was flexible with setting a date to do my makeup trial. Jenn took my opinion into consideration when it came to choosing my makeup style. Jenn, Katie, and Asha were all so wonderful on the day of my wedding. They were efficient and accommodated my bridal party with their requests. Jenn even covered up an awful tan I had on my arm! My guests didn't even notice it! My makeup and hair lasted through all the hugs, sweat, and tears! :) Thank you Queens Bees!!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Tara · Married on 07/15/2017

My beauty team was absolutely perfect for my wedding day! Jenn (makeup and owner) and Janina (hair) were both amazing. They worked with me through the trial and on the wedding day to achieve the look I wanted AND it lasted through the night, as promised, in spite of 103 degree temperatures and lots of tears. They also made my sister and mom look beautiful and they were the perfect addition to our day. Beyond their skills within their respective trades, they were supportive and even gave input as I fleshed out my vows in the chair. Your wedding day is such an intimate time and these ladies are real, sensitive, fun, patient human beings...Ugh, I cannot say enough.

Sent on 04/27/2018

Larisa · Married on 06/03/2017

I was that bride that had a reoccurring nightmare that I would show up to my wedding without getting my hair and makeup done. Thankfully, Jenn and her crew helped make this nightmare go away. If I can show them a picture of a supermodel and say make me look like her, they basically did. Pure Magic. I have crazy bangs and somehow Katie had the powers to keep them under control. Team Bees came to help my squad get ready and we had so much fun. They kept us laughing and relaxed while also making us look so pretty we could “make him cry”. That we did :) Before I booked them, I read a review that said “Booking them is the best decision you will make. You will not regret it” I would just like to second that!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Desirae · Married on 05/13/2017

I had thought about every detail of my wedding ... except my own makeup! I was so grateful that Jenn Hixx at the Queen Bees was able to make it work for me, my Mom, and MoH to get our makeup done with a late inquiry. The OATS salon was adorable, and I definitely felt like a bride. My makeup artist, Jordy, was a joy to work with. I don't often wear make-up but she put me at ease, gave me the look I wanted, and made sure I was happy with every step. The airbrush facial make-up was flawless. I'm so glad I listened to her and did the extra long lashes.

Jenn was quick to respond and very flexible with the timeline (allowing me to alternate make-up with the hair salon we used nearby). I'd highly recommend the Queen Bees and Jordy!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Jen · Married on 01/28/2017

I highly recommend the Queens Bees. I had to find new makeup and hair stylists 2 weeks before my wedding. At the time I was very nervous. Jenn responded to my request within a day and told me that she could help me and was available on my wedding. I immediately felt relieved. We soon made appointments for make and hair trials. Jenn was my makeup stylist and Marlee worked as my hair stylist. Jenn was very professional. She asked me to send her some hair/makeup pictures that I'd like to try for my wedding. She also provided helpful recommendations on nails and waxing. Jenn responded emails within 24 hours and followed up my thoughts after trials. Marlee is also very professional. She was very sweet and friendly. During the hair trial, she was very patient and willing to try numerous styles. I was very satisfied with their trials. Both of my mother and mother in law had their hair and makeup services for my wedding. They were very happy with Jenn's and Marlee's services.

Sent on 02/06/2017