The Purple Orchid Resort and Spa Reviews

The Purple Orchid Resort and Spa 2
The Purple Orchid Resort and Spa 3

Megan Ortisi · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing wedding venue!!

My husband and I got married at the Purple Orchid in September. From the start, they were so incredibly responsive and easy to work with. We fell in love with the venue from our very first meeting. Everything leading up to the wedding went smoothly. They are an extremely organized team, and are always happy to help make the day perfect. The day of our wedding was so wonderful, they handled everything from the schedule to the decor and coordinating with the other vendors. Our bridal party all stayed the night at the hotel also which was a blast. The food was also fantastic, we have received endless compliments on Valley Catering. I would not hesitate to recommend Purple Orchid as a wedding venue, it was a dream come true!

The Purple Orchid Resort and Spa 4
    Sent on 11/18/2019

The Purple Orchid Resort and Spa's reply:

Hello Megan! We are happy to hear that we brought your vision and dream to life. From beginning to end, it was a pleasure to be a part of your big day. From The Purple Orchid family to yours, we are wishing you all the best! Hope to see you and Kris around the property in the future.

Colleen Crosby · Married on 09/13/2019

Orchid for the Win

Danelle is great to work with. She's understanding and level-headed. The location is great for a small wedding- fair prices and non-corporate feeling like you would get from a chain hotel. Looking forward to my wedding this September.

Sent on 01/20/2019
  • Lina

Lina Vo · Married on 05/19/2019

The best of the best!

Purple Orchid Inn is the perfect wedding venue with the best staff and hands-on owners. We had a lot of must-have items (i.e. all-inclusive wedding package, on-site lodging, dog-friendly, etc.). Most venues couldn’t accommodate our needs given our budget—then came Purple Orchid Inn! The experience leading up to, and on our big day, far exceeded our expectations. The staff were quick on their feet when it started raining and managed to redirect the guests to the event room from outside. I can go on and on about how great Purple Orchid Inn is, but you’ll just have to see for yourself!

The Purple Orchid Resort and Spa 5
    The Purple Orchid Resort and Spa 6
    Sent on 07/09/2019

The Purple Orchid Resort and Spa's reply:

Hello, Lina! We are so glad to hear that you had an amazing time with us at The Purple Orchid. It was such a pleasure to work with you and James leading up to your big day. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! From The Purple Orchid family to yours, we are wishing you all the best.

Krysta · Married on 10/14/2017

I just got married at the Purple Orchid less than 2 weeks ago, and it was amazing! The site is so beautiful, and you can really make your wedding almost like a destination wedding even if you live locally. We had our rehearsal dinner on site Friday night, wedding Saturday night, and brunch Sunday morning before everyone left. It was awesome to have our families stay on the property with us and spend more time with them throughout the weekend. As the other reviewers mentioned, Danelle, the on-site coordinator, is fantastic. She works with you as much or as little as you need, and takes care of so much! From ordering any extra rentals you want to setting up your guest book table and other day of details, she is truly awesome. And while weddings aren't cheap, you get a pretty good bang for your buck at Purple Orchid. I could go on and on about the Purple Orchid, but it is truly a spectacular wedding venue and I would highly recommend it to any bride looking for a smooth and stunning wedding experience!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Meredith · Married on 09/26/2015

FABULOUS! AMAZING!! ROMANTIC!!! PERFECT!!!! My sister actually found the Purple Orchid for us about a year before we were even engaged. We stayed there as a test run and fell in love with the venue. Once my fiancé formally proposed I think the 4th call we made was to the Purple Orchid to reserve our date. We have loved working with them. The location is beautiful and very versatile. We were able to have our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and brunch all at the same location, and stay on property as well! The staff is fabulous. The owners know their stuff and were a huge help with both little and big details. They have an onsite wedding coordinator who helped with everything. She even stepped in as an emergency back up make up artist when mine backed out at the last minute. When we first met with the owner and wedding coordinator we walked away wanting to be friends with them. Every time we met (or emailed) with them we felt at ease. They supplied a fabulous list of preferred vendors, from DJ to caterer, to wedding cake baker, and efficient. We chose the two-day package. Renting out the 10 rooms for Friday night and Saturday. I highly recommend doing this. It made everything so relaxing. The caterer is fabulous. He even figured out how to do bacon wrapped tater tots for us as a late night snack. The cost included almost everything. -Venue for Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday (for brunch) -Bed and Breakfast Guest rooms (10 rooms for two nights, with breakfast) -Linens and chairs (including plates, and all that Jazz) -Food and Alcohol -Day of wedding coordinator (who helped leading up as well) - Sunday Campaign Brunch We absolutely loved the Purple Orchid and we HIGHLY recommend them. They have two day and one day packages. They are fabulous. All of our guests commented on how lovely the venue was, how good the food was, and how much fun they had. If you are looking for a place that is romantic with folks who will make the planning process easy, and your day e

Sent on 12/08/2015

Tina · Married on 09/20/2015

We had our Wedding Reception on Sunday 9/20/15 at Purple Orchid.
    It is a favorite spot of my husband and I as we go quarterly for Massage appointments and to relax by the pool with some wine and cheese platter.

The venue was everything we wanted it to be. Rhiannon the owner and her husband and the event Coordinator, Danelle did an amazing job! Everything was beautiful and even if something was a little off, they were quick to remedy it and keep it seamless.
    Chef Joe is amazing and everyone loved the food!.

The lights at night out in the olive trees were beautiful and everything I had ever imagined it would be.

We will definitely be coming back here for years to come, and can now share the memory of our special day!

Tina and Keith Rodgers

Sent on 09/22/2015

Adrienne · Married on 10/18/2014

In the great wedding venue search of 2013, we visited no less than 10 wedding venues and I only had two nervous breakdowns, but thankfully found The Purple Orchid and hit all the points that we wanted in a wedding venue.

-Capability for an outdoor ceremony (rose garden) and outdoor reception (olive orchard).
    -Included basic rentals (tables, chairs, linens)
    -Included an event manager/day-of-wedding coordinator (Hi Olivia! You're awesome!!!!)
    -Had a backup plan for rain in October (event center, it's ok but significantly less breathtaking than the olive orchard)

Both Rhiannon (owner) and Olivia (event manager) were AMAZING. We worked with Rhiannon to book our wedding date and for any contract and wedding payment questions. She was flexible and answered all of our questions promptly.

We worked with Olivia to plan the big day. She kept us on track in wedding planning and was fabulous the day-of. She was exactly what I was looking for in an event manager/day-of-coordinator. We knew we were going to do most of the legwork to project manage and DIY this wedding, but Olivia was our reality check. We met with her in person three times before the wedding (6 months out, 3 months out, 2 weeks out) and she kept us on track with booking wedding vendors, building a timeline, and ideas for decor. During wedding weekend, she was indispensable. She and our officiant ran our wedding rehearsal and I basically handed all of the decor elements to her before our wedding rehearsal. She made it all happen. Day of, Olivia and her staff put together the wedding of my dreams. Everything was perfect and the whole day ran smoothly. We didn't have to do anything with the vendors, everything was in its place when it was time.

Definitely check this place out if you're in the hunt for a wedding venue. It's not going to stay a hidden gem for long.

Sent on 12/03/2014
  • Camille

Camille · Married on 10/19/2019

Highly Recommended!

Fantastic grounds, all the amenities you could need for a wedding, and friendly staff. I did not need to worry about ANYTHING the day of my wedding - Agie (day-of coordinator) had it all completely taken care of. We chose to book the venue for the weekend because it was a great price for what was offered. I would highly recommend booking your wedding or event at the Purple Orchid. As an added bonus they also have a pool, hot tub, and spa on-site!!

Sent on 11/14/2019

The Purple Orchid Resort and Spa's reply:

Hello, Camille! Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are so glad to hear that your day went off without a hitch. We hope to see you and Paul around in the future. From The Purple Orchid family to yours, we are wishing you all the best.

Rachel · Married on 10/25/2014

4.2

We had an amazing and unique experience at the Purple Orchid...the wedding gathering spot we had hoped for. Very family environment, beautiful place and accommodations.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Ashley · Married on 07/25/2015

3.0

The Purple Orchid was a BEAUTIFUL venue. It exceeded our expectations. We got the weekend package and were able to have family and friends stay at the resort for the whole weekend. They were always very responsive to my overwhelming amount of emails and I had several in person meetings with the event planner (they changed event planners mid-way through my planning which I was bummed about). They are a little strict with their policies, but have a little more flexibility as the wedding weekend came closer. Overall, I would choose the Purple Orchid again for my wedding venue. The staff was very helpful and provided quality services.

Sent on 08/06/2015
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/23/2018

0.4
      0.5

This place is absolutely repulsive. They have zero regard for compassion towards human beings. My sister was engaged for 6 months. She chose purple orchid as the venue for her wedding. Fast forward, after a devastating and heart breaking stream of events, she was forced to call off the engagement just a couple weeks after she had put down her $5,000 deposit. She called purple orchid to explain her devastating situation and asked if there was any possibility to get her money back. She was told that there was absolutely no way that they could provide a refund, and had the audacity to ask her to sign a document to release that date so that they could rebook. We completely understand that the venue is under no obligation to refund her. She did not expect them to refund her right away. She asked them if she could get her money back if and when that date is booked and locked in by someone else. Their answer was a firm no. Essentially she paid them $5,000 just to have her name on their books. They now have that date available and they will be profiting off of someone else and get to keep her money as well. This is complete robbery. The lack of compassion possessed by this business needs to be out there for other people to be aware of as a warning. If they lack the decency to not profit off of someone's misfortune, who knows what else they are capable of. This is a money hungry business and they do NOT have your best interest at heart.

Sent on 02/09/2017