The Prettiest You Reviews

34 | Vancouver, WA

34 Reviews for The Prettiest You

Andrea · Married on 07/24/2011

Extremely professional and friendly. She did a fabulous job the day of and listened to my thoughts about what I wanted my makeup to look like during the consultation.

Sent on 03/17/2014

Suzanne · Married on 08/15/2015

Janelle is absolutely amazing! She is so easy to work with and really makes you feel comfortable and relaxed on your wedding day. She did makeup for myself, my bridesmaids and my mother. I planned my entire wedding from across the country. Luckily, I was in the area visiting family about 9 months prior to the wedding. During my short visit, I was able to find time to book a trial with Janelle and one other artist. I loved the way Janelle did my makeup and booked her right away. After the trial, there were a few things I wanted to tweak and Janelle really took my requests into consideration. My makeup on my wedding day came out PERFECT and exactly what I had envisioned! I was so happy with it. Even one of my bridesmaids, who was getting married the following month across the country, wanted to book her because she LOVED the way Janelle did her makeup as well. My makeup lasted the entire day/night. If I ever need makeup done in the Portland area again, I will definitely be contacting Janelle!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Angela · Married on 07/26/2014

Janelle and team were super to work with. They did a great job of interpreting each girl's wishes for their hairstyle and bringing it to life. They were on time, tidy, and pleasant to be around. Her pricing for 2013 was quite reasonable for both hair and makeup, and I loved the vamped up natural look she was able to create for me (after 2 other H/MUA failed). The only slightly odd thing we noticed was how her assistant slipped up on the professionalism a bit by trying to gossip during the prep time, as well as coming off as a bit unpracticed with some makeup techniques. But she and her team stayed on schedule AND we all looked absolutely beautiful, and even after I forgot to bring a check for the final payment, she whipped out her phone and we paid by card. She was fairly easy to contact via email, and happily sent and resent me files (contracts, price lists, etc.) that I had deleted or lost. I definitely recommend Janelle of The Prettiest You--we all felt completely confident in our looks which in turn let us enjoy the day!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Janelle - wow! Thank you so much for taking such great care of me, my bridesmaids and my mom! I could not have asked for better.
    Janelle did a fantastic job on my hair and make up for my wedding. I was pretty nervous for the trial run and Janelle was so kind, knowledgeable, and skilled that my nerves turned into confidence and excitement for the big day! On my wedding day, Janelle was one time (even with traveling 1.5 hrs to my venue) and ready to go. My eight bridesmaids all had great things to say about her and her assistant. My hair and make-up was just what I wanted and I am so happy to have worked with Janelle.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Malini · Married on 08/02/2013

Janelle was so great! I loved her ease and friendliness, and she did a great job on my hair and makeup. I would recommend her highly!

Sent on 01/18/2014

Melanie · Married on 07/06/2013

Janelle was amazing! I immediately felt comfortable with her, she is both an expert in her field and someone you would want to spend several hours with (which you will, if you do a trial and book for the wedding day.)

I think what makes this review most valuable is the fact that it wasn't all perfect. My trial was fine, but I didn't LOVE the way I looked. She was obviously talented, but I hadn't communicated the look I was going for well enough to get exactly what I was looking for. I looked beautiful but it wasn't the look I wanted. She made some adjustments that day that helped it go in a better direction and I chose to book her. A week or so before the wedding I found a picture that much better explained the look I wanted. Janelle delivered. She got what I meant (but continued to ask questions to make sure it was perfect!)

I love this because it shows how flexible, adaptable, and committed to making the bride look and feel the way she dreams of Janelle is. Should I ever need make up and hair services again, I would book her in an instant.

Sent on 07/10/2013
  • User4633286 · 1+ year ago

3.5

Janelle was such a pleasure to work with and have for my wedding day. After going through several different trials that did not give me what I wanted, Janelle nailed it. She was a little late on my special day as well as another bride I knew, which was a little stressful, but other than that it was perfect. My makeup was better than the trial run and made me feel completely flawless. So glad I paid the extra money and went with her.

Sent on 12/26/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2013

Janelle did a fabulous. I truly felt beautiful on my wedding day. I showed her a few pictures on pinterest, so she could get an idea of what I like. She took it and ran with it, I couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Brittany · Married on 08/27/2016

3.5

First of all, I looked and felt GORGEOUS on my wedding day. I looked so pretty in my pictures--it was exactly what I wanted! Unfortunately, Janelle had a horrible personal event happen the night before my wedding day, so she was a little late and emotional (as I would have been too), but she still showed up, pulled it together, and did an amazing job! I had makeup done for all of my bridesmaids. Janelle was very open to my suggestions and feedback regarding makeup, which was very nice!

Sent on 12/07/2016