The Plumed Serpent Bridal Reviews

The Plumed Serpent Bridal 3
The Plumed Serpent Bridal 4
The Plumed Serpent Bridal 5

Jennifer Alshuk · Getting married on 10/16/2020

Nothing short of amazing!

I recently went to Plumed Serpent during their sample sale. This was my first time trying in dresses. I had no idea what I wanted or liked, besides that I love lace and sparkle. To start, the store is gorgeous! I was very excited to start my appointment, but I didn't want to get too excited incase there was a chance I didn't find my dress right away. I had the pleasure of working with Yvette who pulled all sorts of dresses for me try on to get to know what I liked and didn't like. As she got to learn what styles I was interested in I started to fall more in love with each dress I tried on. She was always honest with me and never made me feel uncomfortable. She was very personable and knowledgeable as well! She always asked what I liked or didn't like about a dress I had on at the moment. Just when I thought the search was over for night, she said she had a dress in mind that she thought I would like a lot... low and behold, I fell in love. She pulled out all the stops and put a veil on, jewelry and I said yes to the dress! I knew I was limited with my budget but I was able to find a dress I feel amazing in and in my budget. She took all the pictures I could've ever asked for as well. My experience was definitely a 10 out of 10 and I couldn't ask for anything more. I highly suggest checking out Plumed Serpent!!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Exactly what I had hoped for and dreamed of at a wedding gown salon!

I had such a great experience at the Plumed Serpent this past weekend! Inside the salon is absolutely beautiful; exactly what I envisioned a bridal salon to look liked: bright white and lined with dresses! They offered us each a glass of champagne, which was minor but very much appreciated! I brought 4 guests with me and we had our own section of the salon; it was personal and intimate. My consultant Allison (who is also the owner) was incredible! She had to fill in for my original consultant who had to go home because of a stomach bug. She came in on her day off and made sure my experience was nothing short of perfect! She got to know me, asked questions about my wedding, and made me feel like her absolute main priority. The staff was very accommodating. They have a great selection of dresses, designers, and accessories. I found my dress and purchased it that day! I can’t wait to go back for accessories and fittings!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Caroline R · Getting married on 06/20/2020

What a great experience!

I'm so happy to be a Plumed Serpent bride! The store is beautiful with a great selection of different gowns and the consultants and owner are wonderful. When I wasn't sure what I wanted, Krissy and Alison helped me find the perfect dress! They were kind, supportive, and very generous with their time. I was definitely stressed about trying on dresses at first, but they put all my concerns to rest and made it a fantastic experience!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Eaton · Getting married on 04/18/2020

One of a kind

I'm a bride that had gone to 4 places around the area and hadn't found "the one" so when I had my appointment here, I was nervous this would be just another appointment, and i was SO wrong! From the moment my mom and I walked in, the front desk representative was offering us water or champagne. There is plenty of seating throughout the store, plenty of privacy for different groups and filled with dresses, more than I've seen elsewhere. Yvette was my representative and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to help me through this experience. She was nothing short of amazing, patient, funny, warm, and a visionary! She let me pick out dresses I thought i'd be interested in but also was open about choosing some of her own for me to try....and the one I landed with, was one of the ones she picked! One of the things that stood out to me the most is they don't rush you. They take their time with you and it's all about YOU. I am beyond grateful that I had made my way here - otherwise I would still be searching when the dress of my dreams with right under my nose in my home town.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Stephanie · Married on 09/21/2019

Fantastic experience at The Plumed Serpent

I just bought my wedding dress at The Plumed Serpent Bridal and could not have wished for a better experience. I was immediately struck by the beauty of the salon and all of the fabulous dresses. The owner Alison has a great eye and such enthusiasm for her work, and Krissy was fantastic as my consultant. I went in with a vague idea of what I liked, and Krissy nailed it. She was fantastic at showing me many different options within my price range, but ultimately the first dress I tried on was the one. I cannot wait to go in for fittings in a few months with their experienced seamstresses. Overall, fantastic experience! Definitely check out The Plumed Serpent and ask for Krissy :)

Sent on 01/20/2019

Sophia Adade · Married on 08/17/2019

Kind, professional and flexible manager.

Very clean, appealing ambiance. The manager & staff were extremely kind, patient & helpful. They worked with me to find an appropriate gown for a formal all white gala.The shop is located in Westport ,Connecticut. I am very appreciative.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Lauren · Married on 08/10/2019

Best wedding dress team EVER!!!

I do not have time to list out all the amazing things about Krissy, Lissa and the entire team at the Plumed Serpent. I feel so lucky to have found this special group of women. As soon as I walked into their store, I felt so welcomed and supported. I knew as soon as I started trying dresses on with Krissy, that I would end up buying a dress here just to continue to work together. She pulled out a dress that I did not even know I would like and it was my ultimate dream dress. We were so impressed by the warmth and love of their staff, that my Mom ended up purchasing her MOB dress there as well. We went in for countless fittings (seriously Lissa is a saint), and they gave us champagne and supported us through each one. They are PHENOMENAL & do not hesitate and go there today!

The Plumed Serpent Bridal 6
    The Plumed Serpent Bridal 7
    The Plumed Serpent Bridal 8
    Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Christie

Christie Barcelona · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Wedding Dress Shop Ever!

Plumed Serpent is the way to go! Krissy and Allison were beyond helpful. I came with a look in mind and a budget and they knew exactly what types of dresses to pull for me. I tried on 7 and ended up picking the last one. It was the dress of my dreams! Cannot thank them enough for their help! Also, their seamstress was phenomenal, I met with her on three separate occasions. She went over the top to make sure every little bead was perfect, the lace was all lined up at the bottom. Lots of intricate work and she was extremely detailed oriented. Overall, cannot say enough about this place!

The Plumed Serpent Bridal 9
    The Plumed Serpent Bridal 10
    Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Experience!

I had an amazing experience from start to finish at the Plumed Serpent. Krissy was amazing to work with while selecting my dress and Lisa was so incredibly helpful through all of my alternations. Also, after purchasing my dress I had the opportunity to attend an accessory trunk show where I found my accessories for my wedding day while wearing my wedding dress. It was amazing! I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day in my dress and would highly recommend this bridal salon for all of your wedding dress needs!

The Plumed Serpent Bridal 11
    The Plumed Serpent Bridal 12
    Sent on 07/16/2019

Sarah Ingram · Married on 05/18/2019

Wish I went here first!

Krissy and the Plumed Serpent Bridal are the best!
    I live in Manhattan and went to all the go-to's before my parents' neighbor in CT recommended Plumed Serpent. I would have saved a ton of time coming here first.
    My Mom and I went to Plumed Serpent on a Saturday morning and had an appointment with Krissy. We told her what we were looking for and tried on a number of different styles. She didn't make me feel rushed or pressured at all as I did at some appointments in the city. Also, the store layout makes you feel very private. Krissy pulled out an Anne Barge gown that we'd never seen before. Once I put it on we knew we had found the one! We all cried a little and then breathed a huge sigh of relief.
    The ordering process was super easy and the dress arrived ahead of schedule.
    Do yourself a favor and book an appointment at Plumed Serpent asap!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Kate · Married on 05/04/2019

My experience at The Plumed Serpent was an absolute dream! I was there with my mom and sister in March and all of us still can't stop talking about how amazing it was!

Yvette was the most wonderful consultant! She was attentive to both me and my family and chose stunning dresses for me to try on. She knew exactly what would look great and presented lots of options for how I could wear the dresses. Plus her positive energy made the day so much fun for my whole group! :) I ended up going with the second dress I tried on, it was perfect! I also bought a gorgeous lace shrug and matching veil to complete the look.

Thank you to the team at Plumed Serpent, especially Yvette and Alison for making my bridal gown dreams come true!! My family and I will always remember our experience here!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Maureen · Married on 09/22/2018

I got my wedding dress here!! Love this place:) the best experience the entire staff was sooo nice and really made the wedding dress process so easy!! Loved my dress, love the people, come here you will not be disappointed!! Thanks for the best experience plumed serpent team:) made my best day ever even better!!Omg.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Jennarose · Married on 07/26/2018

I absolutely love the staff of Plumed Serpent! Every time we walked into the store we were greeted and made to feel like we are the only ones there. They were very attentive when picking out a dress and never made me feel rushed or that my concerns weren't valid. They also host many events at their store (accessory shows, etc) and they make sure to keep their brides informed so they look and feel perfect on their wedding day. I am very happy I purchased my dress from Plumed Serpent!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Liz · Married on 06/30/2018

Amazing Service!

I first went to The Plumed Serpent because my sister-in-law has found her dress there, and I was not disappointed. I found my dress in my first appointment! Their team is so friendly and so helpful, my fittings all went very smoothly. The Plumed Serpent really cares about their brides! They just moved to a new space too across the street in Westport, so definitely worth checking out!

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • MsKellie

Kellie · Married on 10/14/2017

I had an absolutely amazing experience with The Plumed Serpent! It was my first dress appointment, and Hayley made me feel so at ease- she was very personable and welcoming to the family I brought with me, knowledgeable about all of the dresses and committed to finding me the perfect one! Without giving her much to go on, she pulled dress after dress that looked great.

I tried on about 12 dresses or so and thought I found the one, but had another appointment for later that day so I was hesitant to buy without comparing the dress with some other designers I was interested in. I did feel a little pressured to make a decision at that point - but once the team saw I was nervous to buy at my first appointment, they helped me make an appointment later in the day just in case I wanted to come back for the dress, which was great.

The second shop demonstrated to me how completely superior the experience is at The Plumed Serpent. The Plumed Serpent made me feel like I was the only bride in the shop, was attentive and took their time finding dresses and clipping me into them properly so I could get the best idea of how they would look. The samples were also in pristine condition compared to what I experienced elsewhere.

I ended up going back and buying the dress, and I'm so happy! It really is perfect, and I appreciated having the opportunity to go back later in the day in order to feel confident in my decision. This shop is a must for any bride looking for her dream dress.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Mandy · Married on 10/07/2017

I got married on October 7, 2017 and I bought my dress, jewelry and veil from Plumed Serpent! I am SO glad we came to this amazing salon and I have to say that the experience was absolutely phenomenal! My consultant, Julie, was so kind and completely dedicate the full two hour appointment to making both my mom and me feel comfortable and not rushed. I bought the first dress I tried on and it was perfect for me!! Julie made sure to have my try other styles to confirm and it was the most fun, stress free experience. This is the experience I’ve always dreamed of having as a bride and Plumed Serpent really values their customers. They have the most beautiful gowns and my veil and jewelry made me feel so special. My seamstress, Lissa, was incredibly talented and such a wonderful person. Each fitting was fun and I knew my dress was going to fit like a glove. Thank you to all the staff for making my dress shopping experience the best ever. Highly recommend the Plumed Serpent!!!

The Plumed Serpent Bridal 13
    The Plumed Serpent Bridal 14
    Sent on 10/29/2017

The Plumed Serpent Bridal's reply:

Mandy,
    You were such a pleasure to work with and we are so happy that your experience at our shop was such a wonderful one. Please don't forget to send us pictures from your big day!
    xoxo,
    The Plumed Serpent Bridal team
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2017

Highly recommend!

Every little girl dreams of looking perfect on their wedding day. And every groom anticipates seeing their bride for the first time. My dress, and Husband’s reaction to seeing it after months of painful anticipation, were exactly what we both hoped for. I received tons of compliments throughout the entire day, and the process leading up to the wedding reaffirmed every step of the way the decision I made to use them was validated many times over.

Sent on 08/26/2019

Adrianna · Married on 06/24/2017

My experience with The Plumed Serpent Bridal was pure perfection! Since the very first day I walked in for my appointment. Of course, in the beginning, I was a bit worried on how it would go - would the consultant helping me be nice, would I like any of the dresses I tried on, would they have the style that I love, etc. Let's just say that I had no reason to be nervous or worried because right when I walked in I knew I was in good hands. The staff that greeted me was very inviting and professional. Once I met with my consultant - Julie - I knew I came to the right place. She offered me a glass of champagne and she started learning more about my vision for my wedding dress. She was on the same page as me. Once I answered all her questions, she told me that she had the perfect dress for me. We also picked out a few other ones for me to try on. Let me just say that she was spot on. All of the dresses were beautiful but the original dress she picked was out of this world! Julie made me feel as if we knew each other before hand & didn't just meet the day of my 1st appointment. With her amazing help I ended up saying YES to the dress!
    Throughout the whole process I was able to rely on Plumed Serpent Bridal. Whenever I wanted to come in to try on the sample dress with my makeup & hair trial, they always accommodated my requests. My experience at The Plumed Serpent Bridal was truly stress free. The ladies that work there took real good care of me, my family & friends each time we came into their bridal salon.
    I'm so happy that I decided to call and schedule an appointment at Plumed Serpent Bridal - it was the best decision ever! I thank you so much for listening to me & then delivering, my consultant Julie & the rest of the staff were amazing! I can completely recommend The Plumed Serpent Bridal for any bride looking for their dream dress!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Kaitlynn · Married on 05/06/2017

I'm so glad I bought my dress here! The girls were extremely helpful and patient trying to find the perfect dress for me. Everyone was very professional and easy to manage appointments etc. They offer in-store seamstress (I initially thought was a little pricy, but worth every penny). Their trunk shows allow you to try and jewelry and hair-do's with your dress to see what looks best! I can't thank them enough for the most perfect dress and jewelry!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Kacey · Married on 05/05/2017

The plumed serpent bridal was amazing to work with! Everyone there was so nice and helpful throughout the whole process. I am so lucky I found this bridal salon! They are simply the best! I worked with Julie and she was so wonderful! She made the experience so easy and went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect! Katie was also great when I worked with her! Sarah the seamstress made my dress fit like a glove! Everyone raved about how amazing my dress was at our wedding and I can't thank everyone enough here!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Lauren · Married on 01/07/2017

I had a wonderful experience working with the Plumed Serpent. All of the women at the salon were incredibly kind and helpful. All of the dresses they pulled matched the style and vision I wanted, and the dress we found was beautiful and perfect for me. I also found the dress within an hour, which suited me very well since I did not want to be going to tons of different salons and trying on dozens of dresses. They had a really nice selection of quality dress. The ladies helped me pick excellent accessories too, so I was able to create a unique look for the big day. Additionally, the seamstress who tailored my dress was an absolute dream. She was so talented and she made sure the dress fit me perfectly. She was also really patient and showed us exactly how to bustle the dress. I honestly could not have asked for a better dress buying experience!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Kristen · Married on 10/28/2016

Oh my goodness - I just loved my experience at the Plumed Serpent! I went in over the weekend after months of research online and found Modern Trousseau, a local designer that I loved. When I saw that the designer was having a trunk show at the Plumed Serpent, I was so thrilled and called for an appointment right away. I was a little nervous walking into the store, but Katie (my consultant) put me right at ease. She is so easy to work with, and listened to everything I was looking for. My appointment was extra special because Callie Tein, the Modern Trousseau designer, was in the store that day for the trunk show so she stayed with us the whole appointment. I only tried on 8 dresses, and Katie was so good at narrowing down what I was looking for. I was so nervous that I was going to be horribly indecisive, but it was such a stress-free and wonderful experience. Katie is absolutely amazing at what she does. There are only two appointments going on at one time, so you get a truly personalized experience. If you are in the area, I highly recommend the Plumed Serpent. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Kate · Married on 05/21/2016

Alison and her staff have that magic touch that makes wedding planning such a joy. I went on a "practice run" with my Mom before shopping in the city, and my dream dress was the fourth I tried on. Alison's clear expertise--and her genuine warmth--immediately put me at ease, and I feel in such good hands as a Plumed Serpent bride.

As a born-and-bred Fairfield County gal who has lived in NYC for 7 years, I can say with confidence this level of sophistication and service can't be matched by an overcrowded Manhattan salon. Save the headache and go straight to Plumed Serpent!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Terri · Married on 07/12/2015

I cannot say enough good things about this bridal shop! I had a good idea of the dress I wanted, but was having a very hard time finding one that matched my vision. This shop was recommended by a friend who had purchased her dress there years ago, and making an appointment with them was one of the best decisions that I could have made. I emailed my thoughts on the style I was looking for, and when I arrived, Julie had pulled about 6 dresses that all matched my description. After trying on a few of them, I asked if it was possible to make a modification to one of the dresses so that it would fit the look that I was searching for. She confirmed that it would be possible, and that completely made my day. I went back to the first dress that I had tried on, and now knowing that we could make this small change, I knew this was the one. I purchased my dream dress that day, and then had to wait, somewhat impatiently, for it to be complete. I had come to the initial appointment by myself, as I was tired of dragging around my family and friends to bridal shops only to be disappointed. It was ironic that I found the dress that day, but I still celebrated with a glass of champagne while we finished the paperwork. When my family came with me for my first fitting, I held my breath, hoping that the dress turned out how I had envisioned it, and was relieved that it was so beautiful. Joy did a phenomenal job with the alterations, and I really found myself looking forward to all the Thursday afternoons I spend at the shop, watching the dress begin to fit. Thank you both for turning the most stressful part of my process into the most effortless. I would recommend you a thousand times over!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Sarah · Married on 11/29/2014

Alison and the entire staff at the Plumed Serpent are wonderful. I was very pleased with my dress and the service throughout the process. Every fitting was helpful, and I attended a trunk show here where I got great accessories! The seamstress that we worked with was phenomenal as well- very skilled. She really brought my vision to life.

Sent on 12/04/2014