The Plaza Resort & Spa Reviews

49 | Daytona Beach, FL

49 Reviews for The Plaza Resort & Spa

• Mike

Mike D. · Married on 06/06/2020

Plaza resort and spa awesome!

If you do not choose the Plaza Resort and Spa in Daytona Beach as your wedding venue, you are crazy. They are simply the BEST!!! Kellie Cooper-Deans was phenomenal during every step of the planning process and on the day of our wedding.

Since we were planning an out-of-town wedding, we researched all of the potential venues a year ahead of time. After narrowing our search to 4 possible venues and meeting with the Staff at the various venues, there was no doubt in our minds that the Plaza Resort and Spa was going to be our wedding destination.

During our initial meeting with Kellie, she was incredibly prepared and unbelievably welcoming along with the rest of her team. All throughout the process, Kellie was there for us and patient with all of our questions and requests. She made the process of planning our wedding from out-of-town as easy as possible.

During the week of our wedding, Kellie jumped in time and time again to assist with last minute details such as tuxes, wedding cake, etc. We literally would have been lost without her help.

I would be remiss if I also did not mention that the Plaza Resort and Spa is a beautiful and elegant place to choose for your wedding. With historic architecture, stunning ocean view rooms, great and friendly customer service, you and your guests will love the Hotel.

Kellie, thanks again for making our wedding day special and thanks for all of your help.

If you want the BEST, plan your wedding at The Plaza Resort and Spa with Kellie. Kellie and the Hotel are an 11 on a scale of 1-10. We love you Kellie.

Michael and Ann Divello

Sent on 06/16/2020

The Plaza Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you so much Ann & Mike for your wonderful review! You both were a pleasure to plan with!! Have a wonderful and relaxing time on your Honeymoon. Don't forget to share your Wedding photography!!
    Kellie & The Plaza Team ;)

Kathy C. · Married on 05/05/2020

Plaza Resort and Spa

Everything about the Plaza is fabulous. the service I received was outstanding......they followed up on every detail, the food was delicious, the service from the Staff was excellent. Special thanks to Kellie Cooper Dean for taking charge and making my dream wedding come true. Also thanks to Claire for ensuring my guests rooms were ready before check in time and very nice. I am so very happy I chose the Plaza for my wedding.

Sent on 05/17/2019

The Plaza Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you Kathy for your review! We are so happy that you chose The Plaza for your Special Day!!
    We wish you & Bill the very, very best as you begin your new path as a Married Couple...;)
    Don't forget to share your Bridal Photography!!

Kellie & Claire

Daniel · Married on 12/22/2019

Daniel Avilan

Everything was great, Kellie Cooper makes everything on our wedding possible! I’m so grateful with all staff of The Plaza hotel!
    I highly recommend this place to expend some time for couples, families and friends!

Sent on 12/29/2019

The Plaza Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you Daniel & Wendy for your review! We wish you all the very, very best as you begin your 'new normal' and New Year as a Married Couple!! We look forward to your photography!!

The Plaza Wedding Team
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/23/2019

Best day ever

I know a lot of people say their wedding day was the best day ever. And i get it. But this venue really helped us meet that title. As the bride i did most of the planning for this event and Kellie was available anytime i had a question, no matter how silly it seemed to me. As far as the venue itself, I’m still getting constant compliments on how wonderful it was. Most of my guests stayed at the resort and loved every minute. I felt like a princess in the columns and couldn’t be happier with the photos of the event. The staff was so kind to me and my guests. Truly it was a wonderful experience and is recommend this venue to everyone. The food was so tasty. We added a late night snack which everyone enjoyed, especially after the open bar with brand liquor. 10/10 money spent well!

Also the tide was up when we got married so we were unable to get photos on the beach without risk of ruining my dress, but i didn’t feel like i missed out at all on that patio! My dress and shoes were safe and i still got beautiful ocean shots!

Sent on 12/31/2019

The Plaza Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Sarah! We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience at The Plaza. Love, love your photos!!
    We wish both the very, very best as you 'fly' into your new pattern as a married couple...;)
    Please keep in touch!

• Christina

Christina · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing customer service!

This venue is beautiful and fulfilled everything I wanted in a wedding. The history and classy, elegant features and terrace ceremony is what originally sold me on this venue. Kellie was amazing every step of the way, especially during these crazy pandemic times. The food was great and the customer service of the banquet staff and hotel staff was the best! The Plaza was everything I could have asked for for my wedding.

Sent on 08/19/2020

The Plaza Resort & Spa's reply:

Congratulations Christina & Jose! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us!! We wish you a lifetime of Happiness, Health & Love!!
    Kellie & The Plaza Team :)

Mackenzie · Married on 11/09/2019

Great location and even better service!

Kellie and her team made my wedding day the best day ever. The Plaza’s customer service were top notch and everyone thoroughly enjoyed staying there! Highly recommend for anyone looking for a reception location!

Sent on 11/18/2019

The Plaza Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you Mackenzie for your review! You and Everyone were amazing to plan with!! Can't wait for the Photography...;)
    Wishing you and Erik the very, very best...please keep in touch!!

Kellie & Plaza Wedding Team

Erin · Married on 11/09/2019

Exceptional Service

If I could give 10 stars I would! The service we received for our daughters wedding was top notch. Kellie Cooper Deans is a magician and amazing Events Coordinator. There aren't enough adjectives to thank all of the staff at The Plaza Resort and Spa for making our celebration one for the books!!

Sent on 12/02/2019

The Plaza Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you Erin!! I am going to miss planning with you...;)

We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

Brittany H. · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Venue

Kellie was wonderful and very responsive in a timely manner! Venue was beautiful!

Sent on 11/04/2019

The Plaza Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you Brittany for your review! We are so happy that you chose The Plaza for your Special Day!! You all were so great to plan with.
    We wish you & Steven the very, very best as you begin your new path as a Married Couple...;)
    Don't forget to share your Photography!!

Sue T. · Married on 08/24/2019

Daughters wedding

The whole experience was wonderful. Kellie Cooper Deans coordinated everything for us and went abound and beyond our expectations. The food was excellent (lots of choices to please any taste) and the staff was excellent...very attentive but unobtrusive. And of course the venue is lovely. We looked a a lot of venues in our area and this one was the best deal by far. Great value! One thing you must consider, the package includes the hall rental, food and open bar! My daughters honeymoon suite was also included in our package, and we got ocean front rooms at a great rate. And of course the wedding was lovely and everyone had a terrific time.. couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 01/05/2020

Hi Sue!
    Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are so happy that you and everyone had a wonderful Wedding Day for Sarah and Jon!
    You all were so great to plan with....please keep in touch!!

Katheryn · Married on 06/18/2019

Love this place! Cannot wait to have my wedding there. Staff has been so helpful and very responsive. Would recommend to anymore marrying in the Daytona, FL area.

Sent on 09/16/2017
  • Sharon

Sharon R. · Married on 04/20/2019

Perfect Wedding

Kelly was fantastic. The venue was beautiful . Everyone raved about the food . It was perfect.

Sent on 05/09/2019

The Plaza Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Sharon & Walter!! You both were a lot of fun to plan with...;)
    Can't wait to see your Bridal Photography!!

Kellie Cooper Deans
    Your Wedding Consultant
    kcooperdeans@plazaresortandspa.com

Skye · Married on 11/24/2018

The plaza Resort and Spa wedding

Everything was perfect! No complaints and the staff was very helpful and kind.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Jamie · Married on 11/03/2018

Exceptional!!!

I recently had my wedding at The Plaza Resort & Spa! It was the best choice we made. Kellie Cooper was amazing from start to finish. She answered all my questions and with great response time. She is definitely fantastic at what she does and I cannot say enough good things about her. I also have the pleasure of meeting will send the manager from a Wedding and he was absolutely a pleasure to work with. Any questions that I had he answered. He open the reception room several times for me to show my bridal party and didn’t hesitate for not one second to be helpful! I also had the pleasure of having Ashley and Jessica as our bartenders and they are absolutely wonderful people. Every guest at my wedding could not say enough good things about them. By far best bartenders I’ve ever had. Chris and James are the chef’s in the food was incredible. They took the time to come out and meet me and let me know if I have any questions I can come to them. Khalil was is the valet guy and he was so personable and helpful and any questions you had about the area and what to do for fun. Everyone also loves him to. I spoke with Lex a few times and every time I was nervous he knew exactly what to say to calm you down. I can not say enough wonderful things about everyone that the plaza. Thank you all for making my wedding a night to remember!!!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Charles · Married on 08/11/2018

The Bride and I were over joyed with our experience with Kelly Cooper and the Banquet Staff and the Management staff of the Plaza Resort and SPA from the start of the process. Very Professional start to finish.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Annette · Married on 04/14/2018

Everything was perfect, we had everything from our rehearsal dinner to the wedding and reception, for our daughter,all on property. Loved the amazing staff that took care of our every need, want, and concern. The food and accommodations were amazing. We had over 50 rooms for our family and friends and everyone loved everything and we were all treated like royalty.

Sent on 05/06/2018

The Plaza Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you for your review! It was our absolute pleasure to be a part of Ashley & Bryan's Wedding Day. I am going to miss our planning...;)

We look forward to photography! Please keep in touch!!

Your Wedding Consultant,

Kellie Cooper
    Kcooper@plazaresortandspa.com

Elizabeth · Married on 11/11/2017

Kellie Cooper is the best in the biz!! From our very first meeting with her she was on the same page as my husband and I and knew the answer before we even asked a question. Any time we had a question she was quick to respond and never made us feel as if we were bothering her. She always made sure we got the best for our money and offered any assistance possible. She is super sweet and knowledgeable about anything wedding related. Our reception at The Plaza went exactly as planned and looked completely stunning!! The white table linens are so gorgeous and The Plaza staff during our reception was phenomenal. Our guests admired their professionalism and attentiveness. We got to taste each item of food prior to selecting our final food options and everything was so tasty and well-presented. We still haven't stopped hearing about the mashed potatoes! The Plaza was our very first wedding related booking and we could not be more proud of our choice! If you want a gorgeous and seamless wedding, have it at The Plaza!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Kendra · Married on 08/25/2017

I recently had my wedding at the Plaza Resort and Spa on August 25, 2017. My wedding ceremony was held in the seabreeze terrace and it was absolutely beautiful! The staff at the Plaza and professional and reliable. I had a wonderful experience planning my wedding with Kellie and Christine and highly recommend working with these wonderful ladies. Flawless venue!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Patricia · Married on 05/07/2017

Wonderful experience. It was a dream come true. Excellent customer service. All my guests enjoyed it. Great food. Personalized service. We felt very special throughout the whole process. I already want to go back and get married again lollipop

Sent on 07/02/2017

Chrissy · Married on 09/03/2016

We loved having our wedding at The Plaza. We both our ceremony and reception there. Kellie Cooper was awesome from start to finish. The venue was beautiful and very accommodating. Guests could not stop talking about how awesome the food was and what a great overall weekend it was!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Courtney · Married on 12/31/2015

New Year's Eve is a magical time for any party or event. However, a New Year's wedding is more special if you have the perfect venue. New Year's Eve 2015 was the date of our wedding at The Plaza Resort and Spa in Daytona Beach, Florida. The oceanfront hotel facitliies are breaktaking. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding from our wedding coordinator Kellie Cooper, banquet staff including Jerilynn and Summer, and the hotel staff. The food was amazing thanks to the incredibly talented chef. Our friends and family cannot stop talking about our beautiful wedding at The Plaza. Kudos to Kellie Cooper and her fantastic staff.

Richard · Married on 12/19/2015

Great staff! Kellie Cooper helped make our wedding so special. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 02/15/2016

Best Venue for a wedding! Wouldn't have wanted to have it anywhere else. The staff were so helpful and the food was amazing! Thanks to everyone that made my dreams come true!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Aaron · Married on 11/14/2015

The Plaza Resort & Spa was a great venue for our ceremony and reception. The deck easily accommodated our decorations and guests, and provided a nice area to take post-ceremony photos. The collonnade made for a beautiful and elegant cocktail hour, and the main ballroom fit our photobooth, DJ, cake and gift tables, along with two bars, 12-13 tables and a sizable dance floor. Kellie provided very personal service, from contract write-up to meal tastings. Overall, for the wedding size my wife and I wanted, the Plaza Resort & Spa delivered exactly what we were looking for!

Richard · Married on 10/24/2015

We absolutely fell in love with The Plaza on our first visit. We actually didn't even have an appointment; we just stopped in while we were waiting for an appointment at another vendor. Someone from the front desk dropped what he was doing, called for someone with security, who had keys, and the two of them gave us a private tour of the entire facility. Our primary contact was Kellie Cooper, and we couldn't have pulled our wedding off without her. She was great to work with! From negotiating the contract, to the ceremony and reception, Kellie was right there, meeting every need we had!! I have never worked with someone so professional as Kellie. She was knowledgeable, prompt to return phone calls and emails, and she made my wife and I really feel special. The entire banquet staff did everything to make sure the day went off as planned. Everyone was extremely courteous and gave us everything we needed. The Plaza was a beautiful place to have a sunrise wedding!! Our ceremony started at 7:30 in the morning, and even though it was early, the entire staff of The Plaza did an amazing job!! Some of our guests told us that they had never been to a sunrise wedding, and it was the most beautiful ceremony they have ever seen! I can't say enough about The Plaza, the staff, and especially Kellie!! I would recommend The Plaza Resort and Spa to anyone wanting a wedding overlooking the Atlantic Ocean!!

Sent on 02/16/2016