The Plantation on Sunnybrook Reviews

The Plantation on Sunnybrook 6
The Plantation on Sunnybrook 7
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing place, wedding coordinator and staff.

My entire experience from star to finish was amazing. The wedding planning process was made extremely simple by having everything in one place: the cake, the food, the alcohol, the tables and table cloths etc. The only vendors I had outside of them was a florist, photographer and dj. I also had Jessica as a wedding planner and it was the best decision I made. We had planning meetings, she gave me updates and sent me a timeline of events and the day of she was there to make sure everything ran smooth, which it did. I had the most amazing day and experience there.

• Inna

Inna Payne · Married on 08/11/2018

Larami Van Ness

High level of professionalism, great creativity and problem solving skills, kind, nice, respectful and very responsible!!!
    Larami did Awesome job!!! Love her!!!

The Plantation on Sunnybrook 8
    The Plantation on Sunnybrook 19
    The Plantation on Sunnybrook 20
    The Plantation on Sunnybrook 21

Kristen · Married on 05/26/2018

I highly recommend this venue!

Donna · Married on 11/04/2017

We were so pleased with the Nov. wedding celebration that Tammy and Laramie and the rest of their team put together for us. They were flexible and made the day a beautiful one for us- even with rain. They did a beautiful job with flowers and guests raved about the food. Everything was done with excellence! We look forward to having an anniversary celebration at this venue.

Brenda · Married on 10/21/2017

Larami was the BEST ever. She made everything just perfect. Answered every phone call & question we had. I've always been told most weddings have a "hiccup" of some type, but not ours. Larami made sure of that. When I walked down the steps to go meet my groom and looked at the tables and set up, I was just so in awe. PERFECTION AT IT'S BEST. Everything I ask for and more. And the food was unbelievable. It's been almost 4 weeks & people are still raving over it. And the flowers were just beautiful. Just the right size & so vibrant. And the fact that she was able to wrap my father's handkerchief around my bouquet was so meaningful to me. Also the display of both our father's pictures made us feel like they were a part of our wedding. Again the flowers she used for that were perfect. Larami worked very hard on everything & it showed. Thank You for making our day unforgettable.

Erin · Married on 06/03/2017

We LOVE the Plantation on Sunnybrook. From the very first day we felt right at home in the venue as we stoped by frequently to talk about wedding planning and even had lunch there a few times just because we love the venue so much!

The setup is awesome. We used three different areas for our wedding and everything flowed so smoothly from one area to the next. The outside garden area is amazing for the wedding ceremony. We got married on what turned out to be a very hot day and the staff pulled out these gorgeous giant umbrellas to put in the seating area to help keep our guests cool. We also love the house... which is so beautiful inside, it hardly needs any decorations. That's where the dinner portion of the night was served. My favorite area of all is the covered patio where we held or cocktail hour and dancing for the reception. There are gorgeous lights strung all throughout the trees. It's so amazing... our guests are still talking about the venue weeks later.

My husband loved this venue as well-- his favorite area is the grooms suite which is essentially the coolest man cave we've ever seen. It's in a building right behind the house and is so rustic and cool inside. My husband and dad are already schheming how they can help build each other ones at our houses!

By far the best thing about the venue was Tammy. She was our wedding planner... and I cannot imagine planning a wedding without her. She was so on top of every little thing. She was helpful and responded quickly when I had a million little questions the week of the wedding. And it was all of the little extra things she did and how she set everything up on the day of our wedding that was truly amazing. We love Tammy and we LOVE the Plantation on Sunnybrook.

Rebecca · Married on 04/22/2017

I cannot say enough about how wonderful The Plantation on Sunnybrook was to work with throughout the whole wedding process. Allison is amazing and full of such joy for every engaged couple that walks through the door and she truly helps every bride's vision come to life! This is seriously a one stop shop for weddings because you aren't just getting a venue - you're getting access to wonderful catering, cakes and cupcakes, flowers, and so much more. I highly recommend this venue to any bride looking in the Roanoke area!

Midhuna · Married on 12/03/2016

Tammy was simply incredible to work with, and she was so available and understanding! We feel like she went out of her way to be there for us and to help make the wedding reception exactly what we wanted it to be. We were planning our wedding from Seattle and she helped take care of a lot of small and big details. Tammy also was our florist and did such a beautiful job with decorating the chapel and Plantation. Our bouquets were beautiful and exactly what I envisioned :) Overall, fantastic venue and Tammy is a very reliable person to work with. She will truly go above and beyond!

Moriah · Married on 08/13/2016

I absolutely loved this Plantation on Sunnybrook! The venue is gorgeous, but more importantly, the staff if amazing! Plantation Creations catered, provided the floral arrangements, provided decorations, planned out the small details, and cleaned up after the ceremony! I could not have asked for a better wedding day and experience! I highly recommend this venue for anyone looking.

• User5194200 · 2+ years ago

This venue gives you everything under one roof - a variety of beautiful locations for the ceremony and reception, amazing food, decorations, linens, china, tables, chairs, etc. This venue is perfect and the owner and staff all make sure the event goes smoothly!

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2015

Amazing location and people to work with. The night was everything I could have ever dreamed!

Gail · Married on 10/24/2015

We had my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception, and also the Rehearsal Dinner at The Plantation on Sunnybrook! Everything was exceptional.. including the weather! Tammy, Randy and their staff were wonderful, making sure everything went smoothly and just the way we had imagined! Perfect outdoor wedding venue and delicious food!

Kathleen · Married on 09/19/2015

Holding a wedding and reception on a beautiful farm can be quite overwhelming. You worry about everything working out just perfectly. We did our best to make sure everything was covered which pretty much was but as always some things were overlooked. No need to worry when you have Tammy and Randy from Plantation Creations handling your event. From Randy with the delicious food, hors d'oeuvre and cake, to Tammy with the planning, overseeing and running everything so it went smoothly, Tammy and Randy were awesome! If you want a beautifully run venue, put your trust in Plantation Creations! You will be so happy you did!

Tabitha · Married on 05/23/2015

We used Plantation on Sunnybrook as our caterer. Tammy was absolutely wonderful to work with and all of our guests were raving about the food. Tammy was very helpful in helping us work within our budget and was willing to revise the menu as many times as I needed in order to make sure everything was perfect. She and her team also worked great in our offsite venue.

Pepper · Married on 05/09/2015

My husband and I were married at the Plantation May 2015. The grounds were well kept and made for a beautiful outside cocktail hour and wedding. The inside was stunning and the elegance atmosphere was perfect for our country French themed wedding. The staff was wonderful; they were extremely accommodating and professional through the process . The owner/wedding coordinator was amazing. She made sure every detail from the flowers, linens, set up, and so much more was perfect and exactly as asked. She handled each meeting with professionalizim and grace, even when I changed the design plan one month prior to the wedding. Although the details were on point, the guest still rave about the quality and taste of the food. The pasta station, cake, and cookie bar was so delicious and such a big hit. As for the price, they staff works with you and customize each and every detail for you. We were extremely pleased as they executed the rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception to complete perfection.

Doug · Married on 03/28/2015

We had both our wedding and reception at The Plantation at Sunnybrook and I must say that not only was the venue beautiful, but the food was AWESOME as was service of all working our wedding. The Plantation's employees seem to sincerely enjoy helping make our "special" day truly a special and memorable day...so much so that my bride and many guests still rave about the venue and the job they did for us. When I say the food was great, that is an understatement. Add to that the presentation and awesome servers, which all were incredible, and you have a perfect combo! I can not rave enough about how pleased we were from start to finish. Love, love, LOVE this place and HIGHLY recommend it not only for weddings but for any "special" occasion. You won't regret letting them make your event not only beautiful, but also stress free and forever memorable!!!! I would give them more stars if possible!

Tammy and Staff did a fabulous job! They took care of all the planning and details related to my wedding. I didn't have to worry about anything! The venue is beautiful with it's historic charming character. My flowers were amazing! They did all the bridal party flowers and reception venue flowers. They have a great staff who are very knowledgeable in the wedding market. They helped me find a great photographer and DJ.
    Thank you again for making my day perfect!

Terry · Married on 06/10/2012

My daughter, Christina, was married at the Plantation Creations Catering & Events, The Plantation on Sunnybrook located in Roanoke, Virginia in June 2012. She set up an appointment and went in to meet with the Wedding Coordinator. The first meeting she attended giving a general idea of what she was thinking in regards to her theme. She met with Tammy Scaggs. Tammy took the ideas from her theme and came up with suggestions to fit that theme. My daughter’s first theme was Masquerade Ball.

Two months into the planning and after we had signed the contract my daughter changes her theme to Alice in Wonderland. Tammy revamped the original contract and incorporated everything new into the new theme.

The day of my daughter’s wedding came and everything was absolutely perfect. Plantation on Sunnybrook handled everything from flowers, decorating, catering, the cake and the entire cleanup. The food was delicious and was plentiful. The flowers were fresh and beautiful. The decorations were done to perfection. The cake was four tiered with red roses running all the way down it. The staff was professional and accommodating to all of our guests.

Plantation on Sunnybrook did an excellent job. The wedding turned out to be fun and elegant. All of our guests left saying it was the best wedding/party they had ever attended. Our experience with Plantation on Sunnybrook was one of complete happiness. We have decided to make Plantation on Sunnybrook the place that we celebrate all our special occasions.

Kara · Married on 05/20/2011

Sunnybrook listened to what I wanted and made it unique to my wants. They did a great job--they set up and decorated, made the cake and food, and the place looked great! Very nice place. The flowers outside even matched my flowers/wedding colors!

Carrie · Married on 09/19/2009

They provided my catering and reception site. I was thoroughly pleased with every aspect! The staff was helpful and desired to make every wish I had for my wedding day to come true, and they did just that! I would recommend this site to everyone who is in the Roanoke area.

My daughter's wedding & reception were held at Plantation in late July. Everything was absolutely beautiful! We all live hours away from Roanoke so it was important to work with someone who could provide as many services as possible. Tammy was not only extremely helpful as a result of her experience & creativity, but also was very patient with our many calls & emails!

Tammy & the Plantation staff helped us make decisions on the many necessary details, listened to what the bride & groom wanted for the overall look & feel, worked with us (& our budget) to determine the food selections - and executed everything wonderfully! They also easily incorporated our ideas & the decorations we provided.

The bride & groom had a photographer selected & Tammy made great suggestions for area hotels, rehearsal dinner locations & a DJ, who was also fantastic. Tammy & her staff also worked very collaboratively with our DJ & photographer.

The rehearsal, ceremony & reception all went very smoothly. Tammy provided great direction to keep things moving & was a steady, reassuring presence throughout - even with a few contingency plans ready to put into action because of rain. Fortunately, it stopped a couple of hours before the ceremony so it barely impacted our original plans.

The beautiful details of Plantation's interior, as well as the lovely terrace & landscaping, were made even prettier as the decorations, flowers & table settings all came together. Countless guests commented about how much they enjoyed the food & what a beautiful wedding it was - some even said it was the best wedding & reception they had ever attended. Most importantly, the bride & groom were completely satisfied with every aspect!

Shannon · Married on 06/04/2011

Kim was wonderful to work with. They did a fabulous job decorating the place for the ceremony and reception. It was truly a one stop shop, they do everything for you. The staff were very attentive and on top of everything, all of my guests felt taken care of and were very impressed with the whole experience!!!

Maggie · Married on 09/29/2018

The Plantation on Sunnybrook helped us plan the perfect wedding in only 3 months.

Laramy did a fantastic job organizing our wedding and even did the all the flower arrangements! We planned our wedding in 3 months and we could not have done it without the Plantation on Sunnybrook. The venue provided not just the space, but Laramy our wedding planner, all the food, the cake, and even the flowers. The day of went exactly to plan and it was the perfect representation of my vision. I would highly recommend the Plantation on Sunnybrook and Laramy in particular. PS: you won't get prettier flowers from anybody else.

The Plantation on Sunnybrook 22
    The Plantation on Sunnybrook 28
    The Plantation on Sunnybrook 29

Meredith · Married on 06/02/2018

Loved Our Venue!

Our venue had the ability to do it all! Food was wonderful, location was beautiful, flowers and cake were done by our venue and beautiful as well. It made wedding planning that much easier.

Robyn · Married on 06/04/2016

I just wanted to let you know how wonderful your staff is at The Plantation on Sunnybrook. My husband and I drove up from Ponte Vedra Beach, FL to attend a wedding this past Saturday. It was the perfect venue for a wedding, such beautiful grounds and facility. The food was fabulous but, the staff was really top notch. Thank you for helping make our good friend's wedding so memorable and special.