The Pines Resort Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Casey
    Casey S. Married on 10/29/2021

Amazing!!!

Not only is this venue gorgeous, the wedding coordinator, Randi Miller is exceptional.. she and the staff helped to make my husband's and my day perfect! I was so stressed when I showed up, and Randi put me at ease. The food was amazing and I would recommend this venue to anyone getting married or having an event. Thank you Randi! Everything was absolutely perfect!
    Polly P. Married on 10/23/2021

Best Wedding experience!

This was an INCREDIBLE place to get married. Randi and Nicholas were absolutely wonderful to work with and made the whole process so easy and smooth. We planned a wedding in less than 6 months and couldn’t have asked for a better location or venue. Great communication from Randi and Nicholas and they were able to answer all our questions along the way and assisted the day of with everything. My flowers for the bouquet didn’t arrive in time and Randi created an even more beautiful bouquet with last minute flowers we got- she is an amazing wedding planner! The food was amazing (wish we ate more- some advice, make time to eat food!) and the service provided was incredible. I can’t thank Randi and Nicholas enough for assisting in making this day so great. Everything went extremely smoothly and had so much fun. It was a beautiful place to get married and all our guests loved it as well.
    Hannah Married on 10/09/2021

Wonderful Mountain Wedding

We got married in November! Randi and Nick are amazing! They kept us right on schedule and were a calm presence on a very busy and special day! The wedding setup was beautiful, food was amazing. Could not have asked for a better wedding day. Memories will last a lifetime and people could not stop telling us how amazing our wedding was. Thank you again to the staff at The Pines Resort, especially Randi and Nick for everything! Love, Chase and Hannah.
  • Shahnaz
    Shahnaz S. Married on 05/05/2021

The best venue!

My husband and I are incredibly grateful to have our wedding at the Pines Resort. From the beginning to the end, Randi and Nick were very helpful. They made our vision come true. I wanted an all-white wedding with greenery (leaves and stuff), with a gold accent (gold chairs, and some decoration). With those instructions provided to them, they exceeded our expectations, I mean - our decorations, flowers, everything was absolutely stunning!!! We were pleasantly surprised. THIS PLACE IS MAGICAL in itself and the service is exceptional. Also to add, My husband is Korean and I am Indian. We requested some of those flavors, and they were accommodating towards our culture/food. On the day of the wedding, everything went smooth and we just overall felt so grateful for such a wonderful experience. We had guests come from many different places (Minnesota, Hawaii, Colorado, Georgia, etc), and they all loved this beautiful resort and its amenities as well! Leading up to the wedding, we had other events as well there, rehearsal dinner, etc. Our overall experience was incredible and we thank the pines and their staff for making it easy for us.
    Cynthia Married on 10/27/2019

It’s true what they say..

Your wedding day will not be exactly how you picture it. I was told this from the moment I was engaged. Something always happens & you can’t let that ruin your day.

Now my wedding was on October 27, 2019.
    I had selected The Pines Resort because it is BEAUTIFUL, the views, the lakeside, forest trees, everything is so whimsical.

Jessica (wedding coordinator) is the best & most responsive person I had during my 2 year engagement.
    My husband & I originally selected September of 2018 to get married but I had fallen severely ill , during that time Jessica was able to postpone my date, when we spoke & met again she asked & checked in to see how I was feeling. She never forgot a single detail I mentioned to her.

Now on the day before our wedding, pg&e decided to shut off power the day off our wedding throughout the mountains.

This was it, the big day, & now there was no power.
    The moment Jessica was informed, she let us know right away the best way to take action to keep the day running as smoothly as possible. We moved from the deck(stunning) to the lakeview room (gorgeous) because it was on generator.
    As the girls & I were getting ready for the day, the power shut down, thankfully some of us were already ready to go, Jessica was sure to call whenever there was an update, I mean common there wasn’t any power & I was flippin out! She brought over to my room some potatoes(my favorite) to calm my nerves & assured me the day would run smooth. She’s a pro you guys! She pulled a master piece out of thin air!
    When my DJ had no power she had a speaker ready to go, when my song didn’t load for my grand entrance, she had a similar song already downloaded & ready to go! This is the woman who makes dreams come true.
    When my bustle busted , she ran into another room & pinned my dress back together.
    When my family was getting too far into the bubblies she was able to control the best she could & get the timeline flowin.
    When they say your day won’t be exactly how you picture it to be, it’s true.
    For me it wasn’t but I’m thankful to have had Jessica every step of the way because she made it perfect! My husband & I have nothing but great memories because she took care of everything & that allowed us to be present & I would go through the day all over again if I could.
  • Brie
    Brie Married on 09/01/2019

Beautiful view and professional staff

I can not thank the staff enough for everything they did for to make sure our wedding went amazing. Jessica, the coordinator, was awesome with checking in and making sure last minute things were out and ready to go! I personally felt so unorganized but all my guests complimented me on how organized they felt it was so the staff was on it! Our timeline ended up changing last minute due to the heat with pictures but it was easy to talk it out and make the rest of the night run smoothly. I would recommend this venue for any wedding. The honeymoon suite was perfect and you can make it into a nice little vacation!
  • Kacey
    Kacey Married on 07/27/2019

Such an amazing experience!

If you are at all on the fence about booking your wedding at the Pines Resort, DO IT. I don't even know where to start on what a pleasant, professional, reasonable, well-done, AMAZING experience it was.

Their wedding coordinator, Jessica, is quite possibly the best person I have ever worked with. She was responsive from the get-go... emailed back right away and hopped on a phone call to answer all of our initial questions up front. And then throughout the entire planning process she was so available, she never made me feel dumb for any of my questions, and made great recommendations about everything. She was so genuine and kind and easy to work with, my husband and I couldn't stop saying how lucky we were! Her and her assistant are a well-oiled machine when it comes to day-of... I legit had not a worry in the world because I knew they would be taking care of us.

The food here is also FANTASTIC. We met the chef at our tasting and immediately felt in good hands... the food was delicious and you could tell the pride he takes in his work. Still to this day (2 mos later) people that attended are RAVING about the food! It was stellar.

Jessica and her whole team will seriously make you feel so capable and at ease. Our wedding was everything we could have imagined and more, and it's all thanks to The Pines and the team they have there. Aside from being a stunning location, they really take care of you. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
    Brianna Married on 07/18/2019

Beautiful lakeside resort!

Everything was perfect from Jessica the wedding coordinator, to the beautiful scenery, and the food! Highly recommend!!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 05/04/2019

AMAZING wedding experience at The Pines

We had an absolutely stunning wedding at The Pines, and I am immensely grateful for Jessica and Diane and the whole team there that helped make our wedding spectacular. The location is GORGEOUS (wedding lawn right by the sparkling lake, wonderful reception deck overlooking the water and the lawn) and we love the proximity to Yosemite. Most of our guests stayed at The Pines for the weekend too, and it really felt like we were at a big summer camp with all of our friends and family. The whole wedding went almost perfectly, but whenever there were any slight issues, Jessica handled them smoothly and quickly and I really truly felt like I had nothing to worry about and we were being very well taken care of. When my husband and I didn't really get a chance to eat much during the reception, Jessica immediately boxed up two portions of our meal and had it sent to our room, and also boxed up some desserts to be sent up there as well, which was an amazing thing to come back to at the end of the night. I can't emphasize enough how happy I am to have had our wedding here, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful outdoor wedding venue with a team that is capable, professional, and experienced while still making you feel like your wedding is unique and important and not like just another wedding in a booked calendar.
  • Brenda
    Brenda Married on 04/07/2019

Jessica is such a wonderful coordinator!

I must say I chose the Pines for the location of the ceremony site with it being right on the Lake, Jessica coming with the location as a coordinator was a HUGE BONUS! SHE IS AMAZING! We definitely had some hiccups in the day but Jessica was amazing at making sure the day still continued to go smoothly and make sure our BIG DAY was amazing! Everything turned out more than we can ever dream of! Thank you Jessica for dealing with all of our shannagins and making our day so special for us and our family and friends!
    Natalie Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing! Perfect! Beautiful!

Looking for a place to get married?? Search no more. The Pines Resort was absolutely amazing. Everything about our date was perfect. The rooms were awesome and such a great price in the winter. The food at Ducey's Lake and Ducey's bar and grill was fantastic! The wedding coordinator Jessica Muzychenko-Trettin and her assistant Diane Brown were the best! They made sure our day ran so smoothly. Not one thing went wrong and the timeline was on point. I can't thank them enough for making our day so perfect and special! I highly recommenced getting married here!
    -The Altenburgers
    Kathy Married on 03/23/2018
    Wow wow WOW!!! Jessica was incredible from the moment we met her! Accommodating, efficient, flexible, available, etc. Our wedding was a dream for me! Weather was "ify" and thanks to Jessica, we were able to still have beautiful outdoor ceremony with spectacular reception in lake view room. She was very professional, attentive & VERY helpful every step of the way right through to the very end of our weekend there! Food was impeccable and everyone was pleased with it all! Thank you!!
    Miranda Married on 11/11/2017
    If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Everything about having my wedding at The Pines was perfect and easy, from blocking rooms to nailing down every nitty gritty detail. Jessica is the day-of coordinator and she is beyond AMAZING. She will answer any question without making you feel silly and will be five steps ahead of you, even when you think that’s impossible. Communication with the resort and Jessica was always prompt and helpful, which is so important during this stressful yet fun time. Since so much is included with their wedding packages, it helps get more tasks off your plate. Talking of plates, the food was SPECTACULAR and we actually had guests asking if they could purchase an extra dinner to take back to the room with them. Everyone loved the accommodations that came along with staying at the resort, and almost two months later we are still getting comments about it being the "most beautiful wedding" people have ever attended. You can save money with the nature & built in decor at the resort and have a naturally gorgeous wedding. I can't say enough great things about it. JUST GET MARRIED HERE!!
    Jennifer Married on 10/14/2017
    The resort and staff exceeded our expectations! We love Jessica who is so sweet, highly organized, responsive, and extremely knowledgeable. Our family loved the venue so much that we are going to return for family reunions in the future. We arrived two days early to get in some wedding prep and hiking time. Our family and friends enjoyed visiting Yosemite while they were there. Our wedding was beautiful and seamless because Jessica and the Pines Resort staff had everything under control down to the smallest details. I felt doted on the entire day because Jessica and the staff made sure to that we had enough to drink and brought my husband and me a plate of hors d'oeuvres just before dinner. The food was exceptionally good, and everyone complimented our choices, which is fantastic because my family isn't easy to please (we're foodies). Many people told us that our wedding was the best wedding that they had ever been to, which is thanks to Jessica, the Pines staff, and the vendors that Jessica recommended to us.
    Cristina Married on 09/16/2017
    Had the most incredible wedding at The Pines Resort. It is a unique venue in that your guest will likely stay for the multiple days creating a wedding weekend. I had my wedding on a Saturday with the reception in the indoor venue so that I was able to add an extra hour having the wedding end at 11:00pm. The next day we invited all my guest to a picnic by the playground area. Having everyone with us for a whole weekend really gave us and our family a chance to get to talk to everyone and meet our new family.
    As for the wedding day, we drove 5 minutes away from the venue to have our first look in the woods by a creek and it was a great spot. We had plated dinner, filet mignon and creamy chicken and everyone looked it.
    The most difficult aspect of getting married at the Pines is finding vendors, there are local vendors but I ended up paying travel fees and using vendors that were closer to me simply because it was easier to meet with them and I knew people that had worked with them in the past.
    Overall I highly recommend getting married at The Pines Resort.
    Janae Married on 07/01/2017
    Our experience at The Pines was incredible. We live in Wisconsin, so I basically planned all of this from 2300 miles away. Plain and simple: without Jessica's help, it would not have happened. It was a dream venue with an awesome event team who works together so well. You could really see the cohesiveness between the vendors and it was obvious they'd worked together many times before. As a bride, I was able to fully rely on Jessica and her staff to make sure our day went off without any problems. The entire weekend was such a breeze - I wasn't stressed and everything turned out wonderful. The rehearsal dinner at Ducey's was so delicious too. We received compliments on the food both for the rehearsal as well as our reception on Saturday. I recommend The Pines to anyone who wants a "one-stop-shop" for their wedding!
    Debbie Married on 06/24/2017
    Jessica and Diane were wonderful! They delivered and then some. The food at the wedding was amazing, the pictures of lakeside wedding and reception were one of a kind! Can't say enough good about our experience.
    Melissa Married on 04/15/2017
    Jessica and Diane did a really great job making my wedding exactly as I wanted it...fun and easy. The venue and meal prices were less expensive and more clear than other venues I looked into. They were very responsive to my calls and emails. Jessica gave me a list of local vendors, which was extremely helpful and many of them had discounts when using The Pines Resort. The food was really good too! My husband and I had a great day and we would get married there all over again!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 04/08/2017
    Absolutely unforgettable day! Very flexible with locations when there was rain and snow! Jessica and Diane were very helpful and caring. They made everything run smoothly at a beautiful location. If I had it to do all over again, I would pick the same place!

The Pines Resort's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley & Jordan for your very sweet words! It truly was our pleasure assisting you on your wedding day!! Wishing you both a life time of happiness together!
    -Jessica
    Sierra Married on 02/19/2017
    I wish we could get married again and again to have the same magical experience we had on our wedding day this last President's Day weekend! It was nothing short of exactly what we wanted! Thank you Jessica and staff!

The Pines Resort's reply:

Thank you so much Sierra!!! It was our pleasure helping you & Scott have the wedding you always dreamed of! Can't wait to see you at the lake again soon!
    Lisa Married on 10/14/2016
    We had our wedding at The Pines Resort at Bass Lake a couple of weeks ago, and it could not have been more perfect! TheThe venue is absoultely beauftiful with the lake in the background and the mountain setting. The food was delicious, and we got several compliments from our guests saying how great it was. Jessica, the wedding coordinator, responded quickly to all of our questions and made sure that everything was just the way we wanted it. She is a true professional who is extremely good at what she does! We would highly recommend The Pines Resort to any couple that is looking for a beautiful woodsy venue that also has a lot of class!
    Hailey Married on 08/27/2016
    Jessica and the Pines staff were amazing and VERY accommodating throughout the entire wedding and planning process! Thanks so much again!!! Would recommend to anyone!
    Jorge Married on 06/25/2016
    Couldn't of picked a better venue. The wedding planner Jessica helped us out tremendously. Definitely recommend having any event at the pines resort!
    Shelby Married on 06/04/2016
    We had our wedding at the the Pines Reports. We enjoy Bass Lake every summer and he also proposed at Bass Lake so it only felt right to get married there. The out door venue that the Pines Resort offers is beautiful. We are very happy with the venue, the staff, and the food was AMAZING. We are especially grateful for the wedding Coordinator Jessica. She came with the venue package and after all said and done she is the best part of the package!