The Pines at Genesee Reviews

133 Reviews for The Pines at Genesee

• Anne

Anne J. · Getting married on 11/24/2021

simply beautiful

My cousin got married last fall and I absolutely feel in love the moment we got there it was breath taking and I want my wedding to be there

Sent on 10/17/2019

Hello Anne!

Thank you for these kind words! We feel the same way and would be pleased to host your big day.
    Best,
  • Charlie

Charlie F. · Married on 08/29/2020

5 Stars All Around!

Thank goodness for the Pines at Genessee! I worked closely with Stephanie after reaching out 2 months before my wedding since our first venue had to cancel on us due to Covid restrictions. Stephanie and her staff went above and beyond confirming our menu and event needs within a few weeks. Not to mention, their chefs are simply magical - LOVED that we were able to take home all the delicious leftovers so we didn't have to worry about food for a whole week after. Thank y'all so much for making our special day run flawlessly!

Sent on 04/08/2021

Kathy R. · Married on 06/20/2020

Son, Timothy married Jordynn 6/20/20

Yes, Tim and Jordynn were married during Covid! Stephanie Smith and her staff were fabulous! We had under 50 due to the fear of flying from many invited so social distancing was fine. We also provided masks and hand sanitizer. Since we were the first wedding of the year the grounds were in their natural state. We were able to purchase planters of flowers for the front entryway and bring them early. The interior was lovely, needing few decorations. We did add and later donate strands of clear mini lights for the railings of the decks. The food was hot, delicious, plentiful, attractively displayed and served buffet style with the staff doing all of the handling. The bartenders were conscious of who may have had more than their share and they were happy we provided transportation for the guests. We were able to provide our own alcohol (which helped with the cost). The wedding was outside and the evening was beautiful. I can not say enough about how the staff was courteous and helpful. They definately a "can do" attitude. As a caterer Stephanie worked with Tim and Jordynn from January on even when the venue changed three times. We were grateful that The Pines was able to make their day one to remember. Well done Stephanie and staff!!

Sent on 09/09/2020
  • Stasia

Stasia H. · Married on 02/09/2020

Magical Venue

Fantastic Venue! I got married here and it was truly a magical place to get married at! We had Erika as our coordinator and she was fantastic. She really responsive when I had questions or concerns and she really made sure that the wedding went perfect.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 11/30/2019

Incredible Staff, Venue, and Food

I can not say enough great things about The Pines. Reagan and Vivian were incredible to work with throughout the planning process and day of event. Vivian was responsive, helpful, and friendly. The day of service was exceptional and the entire team made sure the day super smooth. We absolutely loved that The Pines has their own catering. Not only was it yummy but it was also affordable. We had a brunch wedding with biscuits & gravy, huevos rancheros, and a Bloody Mary Bar. Everyone loved the food! The Pines also offers contracts with other vendors for an easy one stop shop. We order cake through Bittersweet bakery, which was one of the packaged vendors. Dina was great to work with and the cake was delicious.

It was all perfect.

Sent on 12/27/2019

The Pines at Genesee's reply:

Thank you, Christina, for this wonderful review! We loved helping to plan your day and are delighted to hear you were pleased with our service. Wishing you all the best for a lifetime of joy!
    -The Pines Team
  • Kelsey

Kelsey A. · Married on 09/26/2019

Truly amazing!

I cannot rave enough about Stephanie and her team of at The Pines. Stephanie is amazing and went above and beyond to make us feel so relaxed on our wedding day. The staff was even able to help with break down of floral arrangements without even needing to ask for their help. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Jordan · Married on 09/13/2019

Amazing Venue w/ an Amazing Team!

We were so impressed with quality of service and how exceptional our wedding turned out thanks to the organization skills & the people that work at the pines @ Genesee, in particular, Vivian Wierness! We highly recommend this venue along with their catering service & their preferred vendors! I am not exaggerating when I say EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT! Thank you Pines at Genesee for making our special day the best it could have been! We are forever grateful!

Sent on 10/08/2019

The Pines at Genesee's reply:

Thank you for this amazing review! We were delighted to be a part of your special day! Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness and joy together.
    Warmly,
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 08/31/2019

Best Wedding Venue for the Wedding of Your Dreams

I first saw an instagram post of the Pines at Genesee before I was even engaged and knew this was where my boyfriend (now husband) would be married. Once we were engaged and visited the venue, we both knew this is where we were to be married.
    Not only is it a magical forest location that offers a ceremony site and reception, it is only 20 minutes away from the Denver Metro area. It is easy for guests to attend who are local, but also close to nearby hotels for out of town guests.
    There are two ceremony sites. We chose the one on the right, with more of a forest feel. We were married at sunset, during the golden hour, and the magic of the aspens with the sun setting was exquisite and made the specialness of marrying each other even richer. Not only did my husband and I enjoy this special setting, but so did our guests.
    The reception hall was perfect too. It it inside but has a balcony with spectacular views where all our guests took photos. The reception hall had plenty of space for gifts, a spot to sign the guest book, the reception room for dinner and dancing, a separate hall where guests pick up food (for buffet option), a bar, a bridal room, a grooms room which can be turned into a kids room and bathrooms. The venue also has a back up plan to have the ceremony inside in case of bad weather, which has a beautiful view.
    Our day of coordinator, Vivian was spectacular. She was not a "wedding planner", but her services for the day of the wedding come with the use of the venue. She was available to speak with us as many times as we needed before the big day. It did cost extra for her to come to the rehearsal ceremony and guide us, but it was worth it. The day of the wedding ran so smoothly because of her and her expertise. She made sure that we were on schedule and organized, yet comfortable and relaxed. Her professionalism yet relaxed demeanor made a huge difference!
    We are very grateful to the Pines and Vivian for making our Wedding day absolutely perfect! Thank you so much

Sent on 10/29/2019

Hello Jane!
    Thank you for your kind words and detailed review! Vivian and our entire team loved being a part of your special day and we are so happy you enjoyed your Pines experience. We wish you a lifetime of joy together!
    Warmly,

Megan P. · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing Catering Crew!

I used the Pines Catering for my wedding in August of 2019. I would HIGHLY recommend Stephanie and her staff to everyone! Stephanie was an absolute joy to work with! She was kind, flexible, organized, fun, always willing to go beyond the catering aspect of her job and always quick to respond. When I was getting ready to walk down the isle Stephanie walked behind me to the grass so my dress wouldn't drag in the mud and then fanned it out for me! Throughout my wedding Stephanie always made sure I had something to eat and a drink in my hand! Her staff was equally as enjoyable as her! Everyone was harding working, happy and easy to talk to. On my wedding night I was able to be in the moment having fun the entire night without a worry in the world and I attribute a lot of that to all the help and absolute confidence I had in Stephanie and her team! Lastly, the food was just amazing! Every one of my guests loved their meal and the h'ordeuvres! If you want good food, a great team and a catering director that becomes a friend I highly recommend The Pines Catering!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Keely S. · Married on 08/16/2019

PERFECTION at its finest!

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Stop the search now, because this is the place! We had Erika as our wedding coordinator, and the catering staff was off the charts accommodating. All of our guests kept commenting on how personable the staff was and how attentive the were to each and every need. The Pines wins all votes hands down! Stellar rustic atmosphere that will guarantee your big day will be exactly the way you want it- perfect. 5 stars on literally everything!!!!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Michael C. · Married on 07/13/2019

Customer Service

I recently officiated a wedding at this venue. The Staff is very friendly and efficient. The wedding planner was amazing! She was very organized and made sure everything ran smoothly. I left an item there and she shipped it to me the very next day! Hats off to this venue for their customer service!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Robin · Married on 07/05/2019

Such an amazing night!

From the second I toured the Pines at Genesee, I knew this would be the perfect venue. The staff worked so hard and made life easy. The day of coordinators are life savers! Lauren was great and helped us to be in the right place at the right time. Not to mention the food, it was amazing! You won't regret having your wedding here, this was easily one of the best nights of my life

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 06/21/2019

Highly recommended!

We absolutely loved working with The Pines at Genesee and Vivian (who was our coordinator) for our wedding day! We cannot say enough good things about how they handled things on the day of our wedding when the weather did not cooperate and we had to move our ceremony inside. Vivian handled everything with a calm demeanor and worked to make everything so beautiful! The Pines were incredibly professional with communicating with our other vendors and were helpful and patient in answering my thousands of questions and requests. I truly felt like we could just rely on The Pines to handle everything! We have gotten so many compliments and heard so many great things from our guests as well about The Pines and their incredible staff. It is a beautiful venue and they really work to help you make your day special! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 06/15/2019

Don’t even question it

Words cannot describe how excellent Stephanie and her team were. They catered for our wedding, and the food was incredible. Plus, ALL of the staff there were attentive to details and catered to our every need. Our day was memorable because of their hard work and friendly service.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Jeff T. · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Experience!! 5 stars!

Our experience at the pines was absolutely amazing. What they don’t tell you is, you get a wedding coordinator included in the price of the package. We had Erika, she was the absolute best. She recommended menu options, gave us photographer referrals, and even got drinks for the groomsmen. Not to mention she made our day an absolutely incredible experience. I honestly can’t recommend the pines or Erika enough.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Claire · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible! Beautiful! Highly recomend!

I can’t say enough good things about The Pines and getting to work with Erika! Her and her team helped make our wedding so, so beautiful, fun, and seamless because of how incredibly knowledgeable, organized, attentive, and helpful they are! For the entirety of the planning process and the day of, my husband and I and the rest of our families and friends felt so, so taken care of by Erika and her team. Erika had great insight on every wedding vendor you would ever need (photographer/videographer, DJ, floral arrangements, hair and make-up, officiant, etc.) and helped us plan and setup every little detail of the wedding, which made our planning process so enjoyable. The venue is beautiful and we loved that we were able to do our ceremony outside with a mountain feel! The food at The Pines is super yummy and the staff could not have been any better! My husband and I have gotten countless compliments on how beautiful The Pines is and how kind and helpful the entire staff was! Would highly, highly, highly recommend The Pines!!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Chris

Chris R. · Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing venue tucked in the trees

I was hired to be the videographer at a wedding here and it's an amazing venue. It really made my job easy by providing such an amazing backdrop. Having the ceremony sites tucked back in the trees was really cool. Along with the venue being amazing, the staff were super helpful and flexible. Everything came together to make a great video for the couple:

I'd definitely recommend the Pines, one of my favorite weddings this year!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Sara

Sara N. · Married on 05/05/2019

Such a beautiful venue

Erika was our coordinator and we could not be happier with the results. Our endless questions and requests were always answered and handled. We never had a doubt that our wedding day would have any issues. She kept us calm throughout the process planning everything and the day of. The venue as a whole is such a wonderful place to have a wedding. We continue to hear comments about the quality of service and how good the food tasted! We are so happy we chose to get married here!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Brontie

Brontie · Married on 10/21/2018

I can't give enough praise!

I don't feel like I'm exaggerating when I say that this venue was perfect! They were very professional and knew exactly what they were doing. The food was terrific, the service was exceptional, all of the staff looked happy to be there and ready to help! I also appreciated the kind of "all-in-one" feel this venue gave. They took care of catering, bartending, and a lot of the set up/clean up. We were responsible for what we brought; it was that simple! I would highly recommend these guys for your venue.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Sara · Married on 06/30/2018

Our wedding was on June 30th, and we were very happy with The Pines. The staff is very professional from the get-go, and answered any questions we had in a very timely and succinct manner. The ceremony sites are beautiful, the reception was very well set up, and all of the guests we spoke to commented on how amazing the venue was in general. There are a lot of rules that must be followed (i.e. use of their catering service, how high up candle flames can go, using real flower petals, etc.), but I felt like that information was very up front. We compared pricing between their in-house catering and other catering in Denver before booking, and it was very similar cost wise-not to mention their food was absolutely delicious.

It was nice to have all of the tables, linens, plates, cups, cutlery, etc. taken care of by the venue. An event coordinator is also there to help make sure you know what's going on before the event (including a planning meeting), and helps with any issues the day of. Our event coordinator was Regan, and she was truly amazing. I would definitely recommend The Pines to anyone who wants to get married in the mountains, but stay close to the Denver area.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Natalie · Married on 06/24/2018

The Pines is a PERFECT venue. The Pines offers that mountain/wilderness taste of Colorado without the price tag of a true mountain wedding. It is a beautiful location and we were lucky enough to have a few deer trot by during our photos! The staff are fabulous. From the initial tour to our planning meeting to the day-of execution- they know their stuff. The venue is quite reasonably priced, they let you bring in your own alcohol (which saves a ton of money), and their food is very good. The venue does off-site catering as well, so you know the food is a home run. They do monthly tastings which are great to take advantage of. We had so many compliments on both the venue and the food. Nichole was our coordinator and she was a joy to work with- she was organized, calm, accommodating and professional. The catering staff was great as well, as the banquet captain was attentive and there for our every need. You can't go wrong with choosing this venue, the whole planning process was seamless with their support. They have great relationships with vendors and can make good recommendations. With two ceremony options and two reception offerings- they can work with so many different visions!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Jamie · Married on 09/03/2017

The Pines at Genesee is AMAZING!!! From the first visit and consultation to the final day of our wedding, we couldn't be happier with our experience. We had our first visit and consultation with Regan and I have to tell you that I feel lucky to have been able to work with her during this process. We were sold on the venue after our first visit and from then on, Regan was on top of everything that we needed. Questions, suggestions, and advice were given in a timely manner and I felt like she took a real interest in our special day. She was there as our coordinator on the day of our wedding and then for the reception that followed. One of the best things we found about The Pines is that they offer a vendor package for many of the services you would need. We liked that they offered a couple of different options for each of vendors as well as a complete list of people/companies that they work with on a regular basis. This was super helpful for us to pick and choose reputable vendors. The venue itself is beautiful. We chose the Evergreen Terrace to hold our ceremony. It was perfect. Our guests have not stopped talking about how beautiful it was. The backdrop of large rocks, trees, and the sun shining into the trees provided the best scenery for our ceremony and pictures. The reception was equally as awesome. We had the Lower Level of the Pines. The layout and setup of the room was setup exactly how we had asked. It was very pretty and comfortable for the guests. THE FOOD IS OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!! Every guest at our wedding raved about the food. We did the Walk Around Feast option and upgraded to the Prime Rib as one of our entrees. Everything was delicious and there were enough options to satisfy every guest. Everyone on the staff was very nice and professional during our event. We had such a great day and I can't imagine getting married at any other venue.

Sent on 10/07/2017
  • Franki

Franki · Married on 07/21/2017

The event coordinators at the Pines at Genesee are all so helpful and amazing! I couldn't have imagined a better turn out for our special day. We were so thankful for the help and hard work everyone put into making our day so perfect! I highly recommend this venue for both a beautiful ceremony and a seamless reception.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Shanea · Married on 07/06/2017

The staff from the beginning was amazing. Stephanie was really attentive and helpful! On the day her staff made sure not only my husband and I were taken care of but our parents and grandparents too. Our whole family loved the Pines! And the food was good too!

Sent on 07/20/2017