The Pin Up Girl - Jackson, NJ Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Holly
    Holly B. Married on 05/21/2022

retro-tastic!

Allison and her team are truly amazing!! I had a retro 1950's theme wedding and they went above and beyond! Everything was perfect! I had my trial at her home in Jackson and Allison was so sweet and helpful and the look was fantastic! I of course had many questions on makeup and scheduling for the wedding day after the trial and Allison responded quickly to my emails and was super helpful. She and her team even got to our location earlier than originally planned so we could be ready by the time the photographers came. Allison and her team were amazing and worked super fast and got me, my 4 bridesmaids, my mom and my mother in law all ready in time. They are also just such fun ladies, I had such an enjoyable time talking with them as we were all getting ready! The end results for me and my ladies - words can not describe how happy I was and how beautiful I felt on my wedding day! Truly a wonderful team and made such an early wedding morning fun and stress free. They nailed all the retro looks! I couldn't have been happier. Highly recommend Allison and her team!! Thank you again ladies!!
  • Margaret
    Margaret C. Married on 04/11/2022

Amazing Experience!

Allison and her team were amazing! They were punctual and organized. The three of them got myself, 5 bridesmaids, my mom, my mother-in-law, and grandma all ready with time to spare. All of us loved our hair and make up and it stayed put all night. We all have different hair types and lengths, and Allison was able to create different and unique hair styles for all of us. Lauren did everyone's make up; she was fast, efficient, and listened to what we asked for. The Pin Up Girl prices cannot be beat and includes application of fake eyelashes and airbrush make up. A lot of other companies charge extra for these. I am so thankful to Allison, Lauren, and Nicole for making us all feel beautiful and comfortable the day of my wedding!
  • Marion
    Marion C. Married on 12/31/2021

Wonderful Service!

Alison was excellent to work with! She asked me what I wanted and delivered exactly what I had asked for! I wanted a natural look and that’s EXACTLY what I received. Alison was great to talk with as she did her work and miraculously calmed my nerves on what could be a highly stressful day. I’d hire her again in a heartbeat!
  • Brooke
    Brooke C. Married on 10/15/2021

Nothing short of perfection!

I cannot say enough great things about Allison & Pin Up Girl NJ! Allison was super responsive for all my questions and concerns. She was flexible when we had to reschedule our wedding. She was super helpful in creating a hair style that was everything I envisioned and more! The girls were great when it came to the day of our wedding. It was a well oiled machine, and made all my girls look fabulous! Thank you again!
  • Erin
    Erin B. Married on 10/07/2021

Great day .

Allison and Brielle were amazing. Everyone was so happy with their hair. I don't think it could have went better . I definitely recommend the pin up girl .
    Amanda M. Married on 09/19/2021

Star treatment

Allison and her team are true artists. Beyond that, they are professionals who know how to put the pedal to the metal and get things done. This was especially evident for my bridal party, which included 5 energetic flower girls getting their hair done. Despite the chaos, Allison and Brielle worked carefully and patiently to make each of our hairstyles perfect, and Lauren worked her magic make each of us up in a way that was both beautiful and natural. You can place all of your trust in The Pin Up Girl, no matter the occasion. Don't even think twice, just go for it!
  • Jena
    Jena M. Married on 09/18/2021

Absolutely Wonderful!

Allison and her team made me, my bridesmaids, and my mom feel our absolute best for my wedding! I would hire them again in a heartbeat. Their skills with airbrush makeup and hair were incredible - my makeup lasted 12+ hours, looked flawless, and felt light and natural. All of the girls requested different styles for hair and makeup and they all looked amazing. Allison was super responsive, punctual, and her team was warm and friendly which made the day so much more fun. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone and hope I get the chance to hire them again!
  • Honour
    Honour H. Married on 06/05/2021

Awesome! Def recommend (:

We booked last minute and Allison was so flexible and responsive to everything we needed. She was such a calm presence, and of course did amazing work. It was a very chill environment. Our hair held up all day and was gorgeous!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 05/29/2021

Glowing Bride

Allison and her team at ThePinUpGirl were fabulous to work with for my big day. As a bride that doesn’t often wear heavy (or any !) makeup on the daily, I definitely didn’t want a face full. They worked with me patiently as I decided on “the perfect look” and I couldn’t be any happier with how it turned out. Also, I highly recommend her hydrofacial and jelly mask just before your big day! It was both relaxing and helped me get a great smooth look and glow.
  • Ashley
    Ashley K. Married on 04/24/2021

Wedding Hair and Makeup

Allison and her team were absolutely amazing!! We did our trial a few weeks before the wedding and in true indecisive bride fashion, the morning of my wedding I told her about just a few changes I wanted to make to my hair and makeup styles...and it turned out even better than I could have ever expected!! She took my vision and ran with it, no questions asked. Her team is so creative and knowledgeable about what works for different hair and skin types. When my bridesmaids and mom showed them pictures of what they wanted, they went with it to make sure every person felt comfortable the entire day! We had a beautiful day, but was on the beach and the wind was crazy!! Our hair stayed looking amazing the entire time after hours on the boardwalk/beach and through the entire reception! Also, although they used a decent amount of hair spray, my hair was still flexible and not very stiff/slicked. Our makeup felt weightless with the airbrush technique and lasted the entire night too!

For Covid, the whole Pin Up Girl team had masks on and practiced social distancing with one another to help keep everyone safe and happy (even though we were all vaccinated and family).

Thank you Allison and all of the Pin Up Girl girls!! You helped to make the day so much better!
  • Lauren
    Lauren K. Married on 04/09/2021

Everyone looked amazing and were highly satisfied with their looks.

*Photo Credit Tina Elizabeth Photography*
    Allison, and her team bring wedding day magic with their hair and make-up looks. I booked The Pin Up Girls in April 2020 for bridal, mothers, and bridesmaids makeup and hair. Allison listened so well to what I envisioned for my wedding day look, and she totally delivered a stunning look that lasted all day/night. During the wedding planning process, we needed to postpone our wedding date from April 2021 to January 2022. Allison was so empathic during this challenging time, and I am so lucky her/her team were available for our new date. My wedding date also followed a huge snow storm (we received over a foot). This occurred the day before my wedding. I was so nervous about my bridal party, and vendors traveling on the road the following morning! Luckily, everyone got to my mother’s home safely, including Allison and her team, who were ready to roll right away. From start to end, they effectively completed eleven hair, and make-up looks. Everyone was professional, and fun! We finished hair/make-up with plenty of time to spare. Everyone looked amazing and were highly satisfied with their looks. Overall, my favorite things about Allison’s company were: 1.) they provided both hair and make-up services, the prices were bundled into different packages to choose from; 2.) they provide services on location so you do not have to worry about traveling to a salon on the wedding day; and 3.) they are professional and positive. Working with them was a stress free experience and so enjoyable! Look no further for the full package for your wedding day. Thank you so much Allison and The Pin Up Girls!
    -Lauren K.
  • Kristen
    Kristen W. Married on 03/27/2021

the best!!

Allison and her team were absolutely amazing!! from the beginning, Allison responded quickly any time I had a question or concern. My two biggest priorities were quality and price and I can say with 100% confidence that they are the best you will find and the affordable prices are just a cherry on top.
    Wedding day: They were punctual and efficient. In 3 hours, they got myself, 6 bridesmaids, 2 moms and a junior bridesmaid done with hair and makeup. Not a second of stress the entire morning. everyone was confident and excited with how their look turned out, and hair and make up held through a windy 11 hour day.
    absolutely the best and I can’t be thankful enough to have found this team!
    Amber Married on 11/06/2020

Amazing and professional!

I can not say enough great things about Allison! From start to finish she was absolutely amazing. We had to postpone our wedding due to covid last year and Allison was so helpful and immediately responsive when I reached out. Mine and my entire wedding party’s hair lasted the entire day! Her and Brielle were very officiant and made to stay on schedule for my wedding day.
  • Catherine
    Catherine M. Married on 10/09/2020

Amazing service and team!!

The Pin Up Girl team is amazing! I've been working with Allison since December 2018. I really wanted a vendor that offered both hair and makeup services and I'm so glad I found Allison and her team. We ended up having to postpone our October 2020 wedding a year, but still decided to have a smaller ceremony on our original date. Allison was so flexible and accommodating when I told her we had to postpone but that I still wanted to use her services for our intimate ceremony. When it finally came time for our larger celebration, Allison was so responsive and put all my worries to rest. They are masters in airbrush makeup and made me and girls look flawless. Brielle did everyone's hair and we all looked perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better hair and makeup team!!
    Jennifer V. Married on 09/06/2020

Perfect hair and makeup!

I may be biased because I work with Allison but even my bridesmaids who didn't know her all agreed that the hair and makeup done by Allison and her team was spectacular. She is kind, funny and does amazing work! Every guest loved our hair and makeup and I could not recommend her more! Reasonable prices and very accommodating!
    Jennifer B. Married on 05/16/2020

Fantastic group to work with!

Allison and her Pin Up Girl team were fantastic to have on my wedding day!! I'm not even sure where to start - everyone's hair and makeup looked so beautiful! (Brielle even made a "flower" in my bridesmaid's hair that looked so cool!) The team was also very punctual. They arrived right on time and were set up and ready on site even before we were. Our group included me (the bride), one MOB, and 6 bridesmaids, and we were all finished and waiting for the photographer, who was still finishing up with the guys! (Our photographer even said to us that she never saw hair and makeup done on time!) For such great service, it was hard to believe that the price was better compared to other nearby artists I researched. In summary, you can pay a decent price, have beautiful hair and makeup, and be ready on time all thanks to a great group of woman!
    Rachel B. Married on 03/08/2020

Wedding hair and makeup

I had an excellent experience with the pin up girl for my wedding hair and makeup. They were professional and did a great job. Everyone was pleased with their looks! Would highly recommend.
    Christine S. Married on 11/09/2019

Fantastic!!

I cannot speak highly enough of Allison and Brielle. I have had the pleasure of working with them for my best friends wedding and then for my own. I had 2 trials with them and they were able to encapsulate the perfect image and style of my goal for my wedding. Allison caught the best features for my makeup to highlight my natural beauty and made me look, calm, relaxed and most importantly authentic. Brielle created a hair style allowing me a fun and sophisticated image while putting my veil, blusher and headpiece together suggesting they could all have been one solid piece. Any time I need makeup or hair professionally completed, I know The Pin Up Girl is the only people I would trust. Thank you so much for the work you did and for alleviating any and all worry for my mom and one of my matrons when they came for their trial :)
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn Married on 11/02/2019

Loved my Hair and Makeup!!

Allison and girls did a fantastic job on hair and makeup for my 11/2/19 wedding! Myself and my bridal party were ready a head of schedule, and everyone was happy with the finished looks! Not everyone in my party is used to wearing makeup (myself included), but the Pin Up Girls did a great job giving everyone a look they felt comfortable in. Allison and Lauren were great for my trials as well, made me feel comfortable, and explained the process for the day of, so I was at ease with how the schedule would go!!

The Pin Up Girl - Jackson, NJ's reply:

Awww thanks Katelyn! You ladies were awesome - even at 6 am! Please keep the pictures coming. You all looked fabulous!
  • Bailey
    Bailey Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing Hair & Make Up for Weddings!

Allison and her team did a wonderful job on both hair & make up for my wedding. They moved quickly to make sure everyone was ready in time and my entire bridal party looked absolutely gorgeous for the day. I highly recommend Allison.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Married on 09/01/2019

The BEST beauty team!

Allison and her team were amazing! They made me feel like a beautiful bride and listened to exactly what I wanted. Even to my very picky mother. They got 5 bridesmaids, 2 Mothers, a junior bridesmaid, a flower girl and myself the bride ready in record time for hair and makeup. I’ve never felt more glamorous then I did at my wedding! We all had lashes, hair and airbrush makeup done. Thank you so much!

The Pin Up Girl - Jackson, NJ's reply:

Thanks Tiff! It was so great working with the family! You looked stunning of course. Congratulations to you and Rob and the girls!
    Jess Married on 08/09/2019

Excellent!

Absolutely highly recommend!!!
    Diana O. Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding hair

I hired Pin Up girl to do my hair and my bridesmaids hair for my wedding. They were ANAZING! Everyone loved heir hair and they were on time and very efficient. We looked great and everyone’s hair stayed put the whole night. Wonderful ladies all around.
    Jennifer K. Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

Absolutely amazing service. Thank you so much everyone who helped make my wedding day amazing. You made all of our makeup and hair absolutely stunning and it looked the same as it did at the beginning of the day at the end. Could not recommend anyone more!!
    Maggie S. Married on 05/25/2019

FAST, FLAWLESS, caring, attentive ,and fairly priced!

Alison and her team made my morning of the wedding the best experience ever! They were so easy to work with, knew exactly what I wanted and what my 13 bridesmaids all wanted individually. I was nervous we wouldn’t have enough time but they were so quick and efficient! I highly recommend the pin up girl to any bride looking for the perfect look. They came, they conquered, and made us all look flawless!