The Pin Up Girl - Jackson, NJ Reviews

111 | Jackson, NJ

111 Reviews for The Pin Up Girl - Jackson, NJ

Christine Swart · Married on 11/09/2019

Fantastic!!

I cannot speak highly enough of Allison and Brielle. I have had the pleasure of working with them for my best friends wedding and then for my own. I had 2 trials with them and they were able to encapsulate the perfect image and style of my goal for my wedding. Allison caught the best features for my makeup to highlight my natural beauty and made me look, calm, relaxed and most importantly authentic. Brielle created a hair style allowing me a fun and sophisticated image while putting my veil, blusher and headpiece together suggesting they could all have been one solid piece. Any time I need makeup or hair professionally completed, I know The Pin Up Girl is the only people I would trust. Thank you so much for the work you did and for alleviating any and all worry for my mom and one of my matrons when they came for their trial :)

Sent on 01/19/2020
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 11/02/2019

Loved my Hair and Makeup!!

Allison and girls did a fantastic job on hair and makeup for my 11/2/19 wedding! Myself and my bridal party were ready a head of schedule, and everyone was happy with the finished looks! Not everyone in my party is used to wearing makeup (myself included), but the Pin Up Girls did a great job giving everyone a look they felt comfortable in. Allison and Lauren were great for my trials as well, made me feel comfortable, and explained the process for the day of, so I was at ease with how the schedule would go!!

Sent on 11/07/2019

The Pin Up Girl - Jackson, NJ's reply:

Awww thanks Katelyn! You ladies were awesome - even at 6 am! Please keep the pictures coming. You all looked fabulous!
  • Bailey

Bailey · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing Hair & Make Up for Weddings!

Allison and her team did a wonderful job on both hair & make up for my wedding. They moved quickly to make sure everyone was ready in time and my entire bridal party looked absolutely gorgeous for the day. I highly recommend Allison.

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/01/2019

The BEST beauty team!

Allison and her team were amazing! They made me feel like a beautiful bride and listened to exactly what I wanted. Even to my very picky mother. They got 5 bridesmaids, 2 Mothers, a junior bridesmaid, a flower girl and myself the bride ready in record time for hair and makeup. I’ve never felt more glamorous then I did at my wedding! We all had lashes, hair and airbrush makeup done. Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/11/2019

The Pin Up Girl - Jackson, NJ's reply:

Thanks Tiff! It was so great working with the family! You looked stunning of course. Congratulations to you and Rob and the girls!

Jess · Married on 08/09/2019

Excellent!

Absolutely highly recommend!!!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Diana Oakes · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding hair

I hired Pin Up girl to do my hair and my bridesmaids hair for my wedding. They were ANAZING! Everyone loved heir hair and they were on time and very efficient. We looked great and everyone’s hair stayed put the whole night. Wonderful ladies all around.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Jennifer Kobernick · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

Absolutely amazing service. Thank you so much everyone who helped make my wedding day amazing. You made all of our makeup and hair absolutely stunning and it looked the same as it did at the beginning of the day at the end. Could not recommend anyone more!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Maggie Smith · Married on 05/25/2019

FAST, FLAWLESS, caring, attentive ,and fairly priced!

Alison and her team made my morning of the wedding the best experience ever! They were so easy to work with, knew exactly what I wanted and what my 13 bridesmaids all wanted individually. I was nervous we wouldn’t have enough time but they were so quick and efficient! I highly recommend the pin up girl to any bride looking for the perfect look. They came, they conquered, and made us all look flawless!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2019

Look no further!

Allison & her team are awesome! I live in California because my husband is in the military, but we were having our wedding in NJ because that’s where our family lives. Finding a hair stylist on the other side of the country was no easy task, but from the moment I contacted Allison, she was willing to work with me every step of the way. I chose the Pin Up Girl to contact because they had the best prices when it came to quality (yes, you can find cheaper hair/makeup options, but you get what you pay for!) The only time I was going to be in NJ before our wedding in May was in November on Black Friday and Allison was able to fit me in no problem! I contacted her a few weeks before the wedding to finalize services. Every time I contacted her leading up to the wedding, she replied back quickly! It was also no problem that we had a few changes to services along the way (adding a flower girl, taking a few bridesmaids off of hair styling). On the day of, she arrived exactly on time & fully prepared to get going! We had a morning wedding and needed to be done by 9:00am. She arrived at my hotel room by 6:00am and was done even earlier than 9. She brought Brielle & Marta with her, who were also very friendly & sociable. She even put on a fun playlist for us to listen to while she worked & kept up a conversation with everyone. I was worried about having all my bridesmaids, mother & flower girl all in my room at the same time, but Allison helped me work out what times to tell everyone to arrive & it worked out perfectly. Allison did my hair off of the style we tried for the trial run in November and it came out beautifully! Marta did my makeup & it turned out beautiful! She was awesome & I was comfortable the entire time. I will say to be careful if you plan on getting fake lashes. Mine started to come off in the inner corners of my eyes about an hour after Allison & her team left. I was a bit panicky about it because that didn’t happen during the trial (they had stayed on all day!) & none of the wedding festivities had even started yet. I suppose the glue that was used wasn’t strong enough because I hadn’t even left my room yet when I noticed it. One of my bridesmaids had lash glue with her, but it still didn’t hold very well. By the end of the reception, the lashes were basically completely coming off. Other than that, I was more than happy that I went with The Pin Up Girl and I’d recommend them to anyone! They are knowledgeable, skilled, personable & professional!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Murphy · Married on 04/27/2019

Timely skilled and great company

Allison and Brielle were the best company during the wedding morning- they had the perfect playlist (hello 90s!), they really jived with my girls, my mom and I. Their pacing was perfect- I never felt we were rushed nor going to be late. The wedding photos were taken outside and it was insanely windy- my hair didn't fall down at all!! My makeup looked so fresh, even until the last dance. All the girls looked amazing and felt confident thanks to the skills of Allison and Brielle. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for reliable and skilled hair and makeup artists.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 04/19/2019

Thank you for making me feel beautiful!

I don't usually wear a ton of makeup, so I didn't really know what I wanted to look like on my wedding day. Allison and her team are very knowledgeable, and were very easy to bounce ideas off of during the trial and even the day of. She took it in stride when I changed my mind on my hairstyle a few weeks before the wedding, and successfully worked in a hair piece on the day of that I didn't have for my trial. Completely flexible. Also very fun to talk to and the sort of people you want to be around on the morning of your wedding. And of course, they did an awesome job on everyone's hair and makeup. I don't think there's any way I could have looked better. The beating you gave my face brought my groom to tears during our first look, and one of our groomsmen said I looked "like heaven". What greater compliments are there? Thank you!

Sent on 05/09/2019

The Pin Up Girl - Jackson, NJ's reply:

Aww Brittany! You look fantastic in this picture! It was so nice working with you all. Say hi to mom! Thanks so much and I'll be following your photos!!!!
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 03/30/2019

THE BEST! Loved Allison & her team!

Allison and her team were absolutely amazing! I did a ton of research before finally settling on a hair stylist and I couldn’t be happier. It started with a great trial in which I shower her 5 pictures and asked her to combine them into one hairstyle. She did exactly that. I also changed my hair style the day of the wedding and she was able to pull that off last minute without a problem. They did 11 girls in under 4 hours and nailed all of their hairstyles as well! They were super responsive, punctual, awesome service, reasonably priced and fun to hang out with the morning of the wedding :) They were very courteous of my house as well - they made sure to leave the room just as clean as it was then they first arrived. I highly recommend Allison and her team - you won’t be disappointed!!

Sent on 04/05/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 03/09/2019

One word. Amazing!

I got married about a month ago and working with Allison and her team from first communication until day of was a breeze. They were so nice to work with and everyone looked absolutely amazing. I wish I could have them follow me around for hair and make up everyday! Haha I highly recommend them and is very reasonably priced.

Sent on 04/07/2019

Molly · Married on 01/12/2019

the absolute best!!

I’ve been in a lot of weddings, which means I’ve worked with a lot of hair and makeup artists. Allison and her team were by far the best! They arrived early, were so easy to coordinate with and gave all my girls exactly what they wanted. I LOVED my hair and makeup and had such a fun morning with them! I highly recommend The Pin Up Girl to any bride.

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Carey · Married on 11/30/2018

Perfect!!!!

Allison and her team were amazing for my wedding day!! Not only did they show up early and had everything ready before I even arrived to my bridal suite, they finished 9 girls in under 3 hours !!! And did an absolute amazing job!!! You can not go wrong with selecting the Pin up girl for your hair and makeup!!!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Stephanie Norell · Married on 11/24/2018

Unbelievably Amazing Experience

Allison and her crew are unbelievable. My wife and I couldn't have been happier with what they created through makeup and hairstyles. Being that the ladies had to work with two brides, they were calm, cool, collected, and quite talented! I would wholeheartedly recommend The Pin Up Girl to everyone looking for a wonderful hair and makeup experience. Thank you, Allison and your crew for making our wedding even more special.

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Meghan

Meghan Bell · Married on 11/17/2018

Simply amazing!

Words cannot describe how grateful I am for Allison and her team! They are all so friendly, talented, professional, and do amazing work!! You will be very satisfied choosing the The Pin Up Girl! My makeup, as well as the makeup on the moms, bridesmaids, and aunts, looked natural and lasted the entire day (well over 15 hours!). Also, Allison is a pleasure to work with. She is helpful, responds quickly to any questions you have and makes you feel comfortable! I am so happy I chose The Pin Up Girl and I highly recommend them to any bride-to-be!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for being a part of my day and for making me look and feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day!!!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Kathryn · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect from start to finish!

I cannot say enough positive things about Allison and The Pin Up Girl crew. I was not the type of bride who wanted all the frills and stress during wedding planning, but of course did want to look my absolute best on my wedding day. These ladies are the down to earth women who you want to share a glass of wine with, and that alone was well worth choosing them for my big day. But beyond that, my hair and makeup were flawless from 10 AM until 4 AM, which is when I finally went to bed! Some of my bridesmaids decided to sleep with their updos and their hair still looked perfect the next morning. My mother in law slept with her false lashes on and they were still on perfectly the next day at dinner. That is the level of quality you can expect from this team - to not only look flawless during the celebration but to STILL look flawless 36 hours later. Thank you, thank you, thank you to you for making me feel beautiful and for making my girls look and feel beautiful as well.

Kerry · Married on 11/03/2018

Thank you!

Allison was so easy to work with leading up to my wedding. I had a great trial with Brielle and my hair came out even better on my actual wedding day. Brielle was wonderful and all of my bridesmaids looked great as well. Getting ready that day was perfectly timed and totally relaxed. There were wind gusts of up to 40 mph and our hair held up through outdoor photos!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Claudia Faraldi · Married on 11/03/2018

They were terrific !!!

As a mother of the groom I didn't know what to expect when my hair and makeup was done for my son's recent wedding. Being 65 (almost 66) I didn't consider myself an easy person to make up. I was wrong. The gals made me look great - or so said all my friends. I really felt happy and comfortable that I looked great for the wedding.
    Thanks Pin Up Girls !!!

Valerie Herbe · Married on 10/26/2018

Wedding Hair & Makeup

If you are looking for a laid back, but professional experience for your special occasion look-LOOK NO FURTHER! Allison and Brielle were awesome. Both trial and wedding looks were perfect and Allison was extremely patient when it came to my indecisiveness (thank you!). My mother and friends could not have been happier with their services as well. Thank you both so much for everything!

• Y

Yolanda · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautifully Perfect !!

I wanted to create a 1950’s vintage wedding, with hairstyling and make up ! Allison and her girls created flawless hairstyles and glamourous make up !!! They were all a pleasure to work with !!! Thank you so much for creating my vision !!!
    Love Yolanda

Sent on 10/17/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2018

Allison and Brielle helped make me, my mom and my girls look so beautiful. They were friendly, talented and easy to work with. They came to our hotel to do our hair on the day of the wedding and were so efficient and lovely. My mom and I had a hair trial with Allison before the wedding where she worked with us to get the exact style we wanted. I got so many compliments on my hair from my guests.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Amy · Married on 08/25/2018

Allison and team made my wedding morning stress free and fun! I loved my look and it lasted all day! I’ve been in other weddings where we went to the salon and it was stressful and exhausting. Pinup girl made it so that we could relax and stay on schedule! I would absolutely hire them again!

Sent on 09/05/2018
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 08/11/2018

Allison and her team were great! They were fun and flexible with our crazy schedule

Sent on 09/23/2018