The Perfect Pear Catering Co Reviews

91 | Jacksonville, FL

91 Reviews for The Perfect Pear Catering Co

91 The Perfect Pear Catering Co Reviews

Jamie · Married on 03/24/2018

The team at the Perfect Pear was wonderful. They answered all of our questions leading up to the wedding and went above and beyond to help us determine how much and what kind of food we would need, as well as plenty of other details we never would have thought of without their help. They had worked with our venue previously and so were very helpful in working out logistics and complying with the venue's rules. We did not worry at all on the day of the wedding, because we knew the Perfect Pear team would take care of everything we discussed, and they did! I would highly recommend them for your catering needs.

Emily · Married on 11/12/2017

I happened upon The Perfect Pear in a google search while I was planning my youngest daughters wedding. This was my first experience planning a wedding, so I was understandably nervous. Verousce was AMAZING! She immediately calmed me down and helped me plan an affair my daughter will always remember. We knew we wanted something simple, classic and southern. She encouraged me to look at her Southern Station Menu. The menu consisted of three manned food stations, each offering a different style food. We had shrimp and grits, chicken and waffles and coco-cola brisket with macaroni and cheese. Because the stations were separate there was never a line! People chose the station that appealed most to them. She also designed a cocktail hour menu that reflected the style we were looking at. We had three passed hor d'oeuvres (fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese, buffalo chicken skewers with bleu cheese sauce and pulled pork slider biscuit with peach salsa). We also had a mini-grilled cheese station. Verousce offered a tasting where we we able to sample everything and let me tell you everything was AMAZING! People are still raving about the food. She also provided a non-alcoholic beverage bar and a coffee service for dessert. Do not hesitate to use this vendor! I promise you will not be disappointed!

Abigail · Married on 10/09/2017

Verousce and her team were hands-down our easiest vendor. Verousce provided easy to understand proposals, made changes in a timely manner, and was on point with communications. She created a spectacular menu for our brunch wedding that we were happy to eat over and over again for the next week from the leftovers. Verousce was so easy to work with and so flexible, we can't recommend her enough.

Joan · Married on 10/07/2017

The Pefect Pear catering was incredible! Our food was delicious and beautifully presented. Our wedding guests loved the food!! We had Verrousce make the wedding cake also. It was beautiful and delicious. I cannot thank Verousce enough!

Richard · Married on 09/16/2017

They were absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend anyone that is catering a wedding or any other event, to use these guys.

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2017

Seriously, just stop now. You've found the best caterer. The food was amazing, the service top-notch, and every step of the way Verousce was friendly, professional, and helpful. All of our guests raved about the food, which included appetizers (do not miss out on the honey-sriracha mac n cheese bites!), 3 different entrees (2 vegetarian), salad (yum!), and 4 small desserts, in addition to wedding cake. This was the most stress-free part of the wedding planning and of the day itself.

Caitlyn · Married on 02/18/2017

Thefood was amazing and perfectly fit our personalities (we did tacos, pasta, and fries as a late night snack!)

Sarah · Married on 01/14/2017

The Perfect Pear did an awesome job catering our reception for our wedding, the food was outstanding! I would definitely recommend them for any event! Verousce and the staff were also amazing!

Jackie · Married on 11/11/2016

They are FANTASTIC!!! We have NO regrets by choosing The Perfect Pear!! No words can really describe the level of professionalism from service to food taste and presentation!! They were a huge part of why my day was PERFECT!!! The choice for my wedding and everyone has complimented the food!!!! Verouce, Daniel and staff are Top Notch!!!

Jason · Married on 11/06/2016

The Perfect Pear was PERFECT !! Very professional went above and beyond to make a very special day amazing. Words alone cannot describe the food, the staff and the wedding cake. I would highly recommend The Perfect Pair for any venue or gathering.

Dawn · Married on 08/26/2016

The Perfect Pear catered our daughter's wedding at Walker's Landing, Amelia Island, and it was over the top. From the beginning of the process, I felt at ease working with Anne. She was very helpful with ​choosing the​ menu and ​also suggested possible tableware options to go with.
    The tasting was wonderful with Chef Verousce & staff, and I knew that I had made the right decision in going with The Perfect Pear. On the day of the wedding, Chef Verousce & her staff were both professional with a much appreciated personal touch. The food was delicious and the shrimp 'n grit shooters were a big hit with guests! The Perfect Pear carried the load of the food & service so that I could enjoy the evening!

sarah · Married on 01/09/2016

The entire staff and Anne were incredibly flexible, easy to work with, and reasonably priced! The staff day-of was superb even in an unusual venue. I couldn't be more pleased, would definitely recommend them highly!

Angel · Married on 10/09/2015

The Perfect Pear made my amazing wedding cake and french macaron tower combo. After contacting several bakeries and feeling discouraged because none of them felt they could execute my idea, the Perfect Pear really made it all come together. I could not have asked for a better and more beautiful day and they really helped play a big part in it. :)

Karl · Married on 09/19/2015

Great service and food. Very professional and provided everything we asked for and more.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/19/2015

The food and cake were amazing! They were great to work with and made recommendations that would fit the space and guest count. We got countless compliments on the variety and taste of the food. The cake turned out exactly as we wanted.

Alejandra · Married on 09/19/2015

The entire team was great to work with! They accommodated my entire planning crew (aka my family) for the tasting and it was a wonderful experience. Hard to choose from all the great flavors! We had a specific design in mind and they recreated it perfectly. We were able to do one flavor for my husband and I and a separate flavor for our guests. Everyone loved it!! Thank you for a wonderful experience!

My review will be Unique because I am not the bride, or even part of the wedding party that I am reviewing. In fact, I am part of another local catering company and just happened to be there as the day of coordinator for this event. I had several interactions with Anne from PP, and they were all professional, very friendly and extremely detail specific. I am a details person so this was so awesome for me to see. Prior to the wedding they were aware that the family was providing several specialty items and they {Perfect Pear} offered to stage it, provide signage for it and maintain it. Day of the wedding they arrived early and began to set all the special details up, and they were very efficient, organized and professional. The staging of the food, the displays and the actual wedding dinner menu were fantastic! Beautifully and artfully put together with obvious care, and a hint of femininity that made everything soft and romantic. The dinner menu was obviously hand crafted and gorgeously put together with vibrant color, organic herbs and spices and velvety homemade sauces..... Yes, I am a serious food lover and this was an incredible opportunity to work with another caterer that puts so much care, thought and love into everything they do. It was an honor to work with them, and I hope we will cross paths again in the future.

What can we say about the Perfect Pear? They were phenomenal. Just truly perfect!! We wanted to throw a 100% grain-free, dairy-free Paleo wedding (as that is our lifestyle) and they did it. With flying colors. With no hassle, no attitude, no issues, no reservations. The owner Anne is so personable and willing to work with quite a range of specificities...including a grain-free, dairy-free, Paleo cake! ...which was so good, we cut it up into pieces and vacuum-sealed it so we could eat it all! The food was amazing - we had a roasted beet salad, braised short rib with tri-colored, local carrots and cauliflower mash, a vegan ratatouille, and a crispy-skin chicken that was to die for. We actually had guests that said it was the best food they'd ever eaten. It was hot and perfectly cooked, which is important, as my husband and I are Paleo cookbook authors and bloggers and food is pretty much our life. We were married at Crosswater Hall (in Nocatee FL), had a sit-down plated meal for 130 people and it went flawlessly. I mean PERFECT. If you are considering this vendor in any way, I would HIGHLY recommend them - especially if you have dietary restrictions. They acted like it was no big deal, working with me and my husband to ensure our satisfaction and we couldn't be happier. It was the best communication and we'll be life-long supporters and advocates of this business. If I could give them more stars, I would! Thanks for a great experience!!! <3

Mimi · Married on 02/14/2015

Meredith's wedding cake was the most beautiful cake I have ever laid eyes on! It was unique and exactly what she wanted. It tasted great, too. I highly recommend Jenny, the pastry chef at The Perfect Pear Catering Company!

Pauline · Married on 07/12/2014

I cannot say enough good things about the Perfect Pear, they were in fact just perfect! The food, the service, the staff,the owner all went above and beyond to make this an amazing experience. Our party was catered in our home and when they left our kitchen was spotless.I will use the Perfect Pear again in a second and will recommend them to everyone!

Kristen · Married on 05/10/2014

The Perfect Pear is the one and only company my husband and I had a food tasting at. After first bite, we knew that we wanted them to cater our dream wedding. The food is unbelievable and their staff is very professional. Anne was amazing to work with. (I think I texted her more than my husband the month before the wedding.) She was quick to respond and always made me feel at ease. If ever an issue, they are willing to work with you and make sure you are 100% satisfied. I totally recommend The Perfect Pear to any Bride and Groom for their big day. I know we look forward to working with them in the future.

Andrea · Married on 04/12/2014

They had the best food and service I have ever had at a wedding. I would recommend them to everyone.

Krickett · Married on 04/05/2014

Where to even begin. Anne and the team at the Perfect Pear truly brought our vision to life. When we approached them initially about my fiance and I being former chef's ourselves and the impact we knew we wanted to food to have at our wedding...they accepted the challenge and delivered. They went above and beyond to create without a doubt the most amazing spread of food....our guests are still emailing and texting me about it! I would highly recommend them if you want every detail of your event/wedding to be perfect. They accommodated my food allergies as well as my guests, which was also a critical piece to our reception. The presentation and professionalism are unmatched! They are truly without a doubt the best catering company in Jacksonville and will honestly make sure that your special day is exactly as you wish it to be and more! Thanks Anne!

Kathie · Married on 08/25/2013

I would HIGHLY recommend The Perfect Pear Catering Company to anyone seeking a tasting menu which will knock the socks of the guests. Their staff is highly professional, creative and courteous. They are one of the best caterers I've ever used in my life!!! I would use them again in a single heart-beat. Their pricing is very reasonable for what they offer and providing a tasting prior to the event is extremely helpful. We had not one problem the entire evening. It was a wonderful evening.