The Parador Reviews

53 | Houston, TX

53 Reviews for The Parador

Claire · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I were trying to find a venue that has a church vibe but also could hold a reception. The Parador had it! We fell in love from the start when we walked in. We spoke with Stacey and she was hospitable and gave us the best tips on how to be budget friendly. Sheila was fabulous to work with as well! They have selected wonderful caterers to work with (we went with Cordua and highly recommend them! Darla was amazing to work with!) to make your wedding or event the hit of the year/lifetime! There is a beautiful garden outside to either have your ceremony or take pictures...the Parador has everything you need or look for! :) We really loved working with Sheila & Stacey too! They were both so down to Earth, taking care of business, but also building a friendship. :) Thank you both for allowing us to have our wedding at your venue! It was an honor! :) :) :)

Sent on 11/27/2017

Laura · Married on 12/03/2016

The Parador was absolutely perfect for our December wedding. Sheila was so wonderful and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/29/2016

We had our wedding at the Parador and everything was amazing! The food was delicious and the staff was great! Jenene, our coordinator, went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Carmishun · Married on 06/05/2015

They are very professional at all times and easy to work with. I love the Parador. It is a very nice place to have a wedding or any other event.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Dennis · Married on 05/02/2015

Fantastic Experience!
    The Parador could not have been a more perfect venue for our son’s recent wedding. With its idyllic setting in the heart of Houston’s museum district, this historic building has all the appointments of a 5-star hotel while at the same time providing an intimate atmosphere for the most romantic of events. The staff could not have been more accommodating, with no small detail left to chance. The coordination between the Parador staff and our catering team was seamless; and we were left to relax and enjoy the day. We were most impressed with the efficiency and demeanor of the entire Parador team and would highly recommend this venue to our friends and family.

Sent on 12/17/2015

I recently had my wedding reception at the Parador and it was amazing! The space is so beautiful and exactly what we wanted. The inside space has a breathtaking dome ceiling, exposed wood and beautiful tile floors. The outside garden area is what really sealed the deal for us. Our wedding was in February and I was worried about what the garden would like in the winter, but it was beautiful!

All catering and day-of coordination is done through Behind the Bash - my contact was Christina Cross, who was an absolute angel!

Since the Parador is a historic landmark, they do have restrictions on what sort of activities you can do when you are leaving (i.e. no sparklers), but that was an easy condition to work around!

I would absolutely recommend the Parador!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Jamie · Married on 01/18/2015

The venue is absolutely gorgeous. My bridal pictures were stunning because of the backdrop. The venue is clean and well kept. The staff was amazing and we had a wonderful experience.

Sent on 01/20/2015

Can't say enough good things about the Parador and my day of coordinator Christina. The venue is beautiful first off and looks amazing inside in out (in person and in photos). Also, It's been a month since our wedding and people are still commenting on how good the food was. Behind the Bash was fantastic for food and for day of coordination. I asked what felt like 10million questions and Christina always helped me out. She was amazing and the day was perfect! I'm SO glad we did our ceremony and reception there..it was something different from your typical hotel/country club scene and we loved it!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Anabel · Married on 08/24/2014

We just loved the Parador! Beautiful venue. Elegant and classic. Everyone was helpful and responsive. Their catering was phenomenal too. All of our guests were very impressed with the quality of the venue. Very accessible, close to downtown Houston. Easy access, plenty of parking, well maintained. Nice bridal room. We just can't say enough good things!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Christina · Married on 08/02/2014

We loved this place for our wedding! It had everything that we needed! Just perfect! :)

Sent on 08/11/2014

Vi · Married on 06/21/2014

I had my wedding at the Parador recently and I am so glad we chose this venue! This venue is gorgeous! We fell in love with all the historical details and the beautiful garden in the back. The rental also comes with tables, chairs, silverware, linens, easels, table numbers, free tasting soiree, centerpieces (if you decide to use them), and most importantly...an event coordinator!

The venue also requires use of their catering service, Behind the Bash. Our coordinator, Christina, with Behind the Bash, was awesome. Throughout the whole process, she was very responsive to emails and flexible with last minute changes. She went above and beyond to make our day special and less stressful. All my guests said it was the best wedding food they ever had! The overall cost (venue and food) may be a little high for some, but I felt it was definitely reasonable and worth what you get. I would definitely recommend this vendor!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Ashley · Married on 03/15/2014

Absolutely loved working with The Parador, Sheila was great and Rebekah from Behind the Bash was wonderful! The venue was gorgeous on its own, but even more amazing once all of my wedding visions were added in for the big day. The facility is large in my opinion and I loved the fact that you get the whole facility when renting it out. The garden is beautiful as well, unfortunately it rained on my wedding day but they would be perfect for pictures.

Sent on 03/26/2014

Casey · Married on 03/07/2014

We recently had our wedding and reception at The Parador. I fell in love with the beautiful architecture and loved the history behind the venue. It was early spring but the weather ended up being fantastic and we were able to utilize the gorgeous garden for our cocktail hour.

I can not rave enough about Rebekah with Behind the Bash, she is quite the pro at coordinating the event from start to finish. She helped keep the evening running smoothly, including a room flip! I originally had reservations about a room flip between the ceremony and reception, however Rebekah and her team made the process seamless. They were extremely helpful and made me feel at complete ease during the event.

I highly recommend this fantastic venue and wonderful Behind the Bash team! You will be in excellent hands with this seasoned crew.

Sent on 03/19/2014

Christina · Married on 02/08/2014

We had our wedding two months ago and I could not have been happier with the Parador. From the very beginning Sheila and Rebekah from Behind the Bash were an absolute pleasure. This place is absolutely gorgeous and I completely fell in love with it. Perfect place for a wedding!!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2013

I loved having my reception at The Parador. Misti from from Behind the Bash was amazing! Anything we needed during that night she was right there! Could of not asked for better service or a better reception!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Alejandra · Married on 09/29/2013

The venue is beautiful, I was supposed to have an outdoor ceremony, but due to weather they shifted it inside. It was very nice nonetheless. They were able to flip the room for the reception, the room looked completely different! Me and my husband had an amazing time, we will cherish the memory forever! Thank you, Parador!

Sent on 10/03/2013
  • W

WYNONA · Married on 07/20/2013

Love The Parador! We were very pleased with the Parador. We love that everything was inclusive; table, chairs, wedding coordinator, etc. The bride and groom lived in Boston, The mother of the bride lived in Dallas and they made it as easy as possible for us. Everything turned out great.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Perfect venue for our wedding!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Charlotte · Married on 05/04/2013

This place is absolutely beautiful and would love to do another event here

Sent on 06/21/2013

Vanessa · Married on 04/14/2013

An absolutely gorgeous venue. We were lucky enough to have sunny 80 degree weather in April for an absolutely beautiful outdoor ceremony.

Houston weather isn't always trustworthy and this venue was one of the very few in Houston that would host our guest count and also offer an indoor (inclement weather) ceremony option that was just as beautiful as the outdoor option.

The Parador has a relationship with Behind the Bash catering that are also fab.

For photos of our day and a list of our other wonderful vendors: http://www.stylemepretty.com/texas-weddings/houston/2013/08/19/vintage-garden-wedding-from-carlea-j-photography/

Sent on 04/16/2014

S · Married on 03/04/2012

What a beautiful venue!! We wanted something a little different with a bit of history. The Parador was a perfect fit. The building and gardens are amazing!! The location is convenient as well, it's just a block west of the freeway. I urge you to visit their website and check out the pictures, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 04/01/2012

Melanie · Married on 10/03/2011

The Parador is a beautiful place! Mysti and Sheila are wonderful and help to make your wedding day exactly how you want it to be!

Sent on 11/05/2011
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 05/22/2010

We absolutely loved having our wedding at the Parador. It is a beautiful place and the people who work there are great! It is all about you on your big day, and we couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate.

Sent on 06/03/2010

Jenna · Married on 11/07/2008

WOW! Our original venue (Bella Terrazza) closed down unexpectedly after Hurricane Ike and we had 6 wks to find a new venue. We always knew about The Parador but were trying to save a little money by using the all-in-one venue (using their vendors). Lesson learned: you get what you pay for! I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but it's family owned and operated and I only dealt w/ 2 women and they always knew who I was when I called. I cannot tell you how many guests later told us that it was the best venue they've ever seen. I promise, it's worth every penny on the rental fee (which is one of the least expensive in Houston) AND, don't let the fact that tables, chairs etc. aren't included. Several caterers provide them at a nominal cost. At the end of the day, we spent a little more on the wedding than what we planned, but I would do it all over again if I got to use the Parador!

*Feel free to email me for pictures anytime: jmbw76@gmail.com

Sent on 12/02/2008
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/03/2008

The Parador was fabulous!!! The place was gourgeous! It totally made the reception. Everyone loved the outdoor courtyard for cocktails and the spaciousness of the building! It was perfect. The high ceilings are beautiful and everyone loved it!

Sent on 05/20/2008