The Paperbag Reviews

70 | Allentown, PA

70 Reviews for The Paperbag

Janel · Married on 11/30/2018

Out of all the wedding expenses I’ve paid for, this was by far the BEST decision I’ve made! Liz was incredible. She gives you knowledge of ettiquette and “the wedding way” that you can’t get anywhere else! She handles everything and makes it a smooth, stress free, easy process! I am so grateful for her! Don’t shop around, you’ve found the best place, go see Liz!

Janel, Thank you so much!!! I've enjoyed working with you! Liz

Bradford Nye · Married on 10/20/2018

Married 10/20/2018

What a wonderful experience working with Liz Richmond and her staff. From the beginning they took our ideas and made them into reality. The selection and knowledge of weddings and all the newest details was so helpful not to mention their ability to address and mail. A must if you want it done right!

Sent on 11/12/2018

The Paperbag's reply:

Brad - Thank you so much for the kind words! You and Fresia were wonderful to work with! So happy to have been able to help with your invitations! Liz

lisa · Married on 10/06/2018

Liz was absolutely fantastic. She didn’t try to oversell, and is a font of knowledge where wedding invitations are concerned - when they should be mailed, when to receive RSVPs, etc. I have no reservation whatsoever in recommending this company. Excellent, excellent, excellent.

Sent on 10/02/2018

The Paperbag's reply:

Lisa - Thank you so much for the glowing review! You and Bob were absolutely wonderful to work with as well. Hope the wedding is fabulous this weekend! Liz

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

The Paperbag was recommended to me for my wedding invitations and I could not have been happier with the service. I was able to walk in and out in one meeting with my invitations ordered along with everything else I needed at a reasonable price. They have everything from invitations, stamps, programs and monogrammed napkins. I will admit I was slightly unprepared when I went to go over the invitations but it did not matter because the owner was so knowledgeable and attentive that she helped me through everything and conveyed perfectly what I wanted on the invitations. When I went home I immediately recommended them to two other girls I know getting married this year. I highly recommend this vendor!

The Paperbag's reply:

Jennifer, Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you both on everything! I hope you had a fantastic time at your wedding! Liz
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 10/06/2018

Liz was absolutely wonderful! I came in with my mother to start looking at wedding invitations and she was so helpful! When my fiancé came back with me, she had all of our notes and books ready for us to look at and solidify our invitations. She went above and beyond to explain the proper way to address them and where to go/how to mail them! Plus when I came back later to find thank you notes, Liz helped me find exactly what I was envisioning! Definitely recommend The Paperbag to anyone for wedding invitations, thank you notes, or any stationary needs!

Jacki · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot say enough good things about The Paperbag! I had searched every website imaginable for the perfect wedding invitation and do not exaggerate when I say I looked at over a 1000. I went in and sat with Liz and she immediately knew what I needed. When she mentioned the word custom, my eyes saw $$$, but she was able keep it within my budget. She directed me to a local artist, who provided me with custom artwork that Liz then sent to her printer. She also worked with the fine details of the font and spacing, knowing exactly what would make them look perfect! I had the most beautiful invitations that everyone absolutely loved and got to work with wonderfully inviting people!

The Paperbag's reply:

Thank you so much, Jacki. It was a pleasure being able to help you create exactly what you wanted with the help of our calligrapher/artist. I enjoyed working with you! Liz
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 08/31/2018

Fantastic service

My husband and I ordered our wedding invitations from The Paperbag and I'm so glad we did. We had considered using an online site, but the customer service and wide range of options available at The Paperbag made all the difference. I wasn't really sure what I wanted, but the owner was so great at pulling different styles and helping me narrow down the options. The finished product was beautiful, high quality, and felt really personalized to my husband and myself. Do yourself a favor - instead of giving yourself the headache of trying to order invitations online, go to The Paperbag and let them help you through the process!

Eric · Married on 05/18/2018

Liz is wonderful to work with. Helped us pick the perfect invitation which designed, proofed and delivered to us in 10 days. Def exceeded our expectation and came in under budget which was a wonderful surprise

Beverly · Married on 03/30/2017

I had napkins printed and they came out beautiful. Just as I wanted.

Letitia · Married on 11/19/2016

Liz is wonderful and patient. Helpful with any and all changes we had. Price was good too.

The Paperbag's reply:

Thank you Tish! Hope your wedding was wonderful!

Lisa · Married on 11/12/2016

Absolutely the best price and service anywhere. We gave Liz a budget and she never showed us anything over the budget. She was actually $800 under budget and had so many ideas for our day. Would highly recommend anyone to try The Paperbag no matter what your budget. The service was awesome!!! Much better then using the internet for such an important day!!!!

The Paperbag's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review!

Trish · Married on 10/22/2016

My daughter's wedding was in October of 2016. Liz was amazing at the Paperbag. I never expected all the raves when our guests got their invitations. So many compliments. The best rave I got sounded like this. Beautiful envelope professionally addressed. The ribbon was like a little present just for us. When you open the invitation the bling sets the stage for what is to come at the wedding. Absolute perfection! My daughter saw a similar invitation elsewhere and Liz had it recreated just for her. We couldn't have asked a better experience from Liz and the Paperbag. Thank you again Liz.

Sent on 03/21/2017

The Paperbag's reply:

Trish, Thank you for your kind words. It was a real pleasure working with you and Tara! I'm so glad you trusted us to recreate the design (in Tara's colors) that Tara wanted. Hope to work with you again in the near future Liz

Bridget · Married on 10/15/2016

Liz and Alida were such a big help with our invitations, programs, and place cards. They have a large selection and were very patient with us. Liz promptly returned emails and was quick to alleviate any stress I had; especially when we had to make last minute changes. We will definitely continue to work with them for future events!

Sent on 11/30/2016

The Paperbag's reply:

On behalf of Alida and myself, thank you! You were wonderful to work with as well. It was our pleasure

Marybeth · Married on 09/17/2016

Liz is wonderful to work with!! She has wonderful ideas and creative suggestions at every step. She understands how important your event is and does not stop until you are happy!!!

Sent on 11/29/2016

The Paperbag's reply:

Thanks Marybeth! It was a pleasure helping you with your son's wedding!

BRADLEY · Married on 07/30/2016

We went in looking for specific Save the Dates, and left with our full wedding invitations chosen as well as our Thank You cards for our shower! There were so many options for invitations that everyone is sure to find something that fits for them! Working with Liz was simply amazing! She was always so accommodating and took such great care of us! We couldn't have been any happier with our invitations and the experience we had with The Paperbag. Definitely our go to place from now on!

Sent on 12/13/2016

The Paperbag's reply:

Bradley - Thank you for the wonderful review! It was my pleasure! You and Matthew were (and are) wonderful to work with. I'm so glad you found the perfect wedding invitations (sorry about not being able to help you with the Save the Dates). Looking forward to working with you in the future!

heather · Married on 06/18/2016

My now husband and I were looking for original invites for our unique wedding. We also did not want to spend an arm and a leg. Working with Liz at the Paperbag was absolutely fantastic. She was flexible with both of our work schedules and did not stop until we had what we wanted. I came to Liz with a wild design idea for our I Do At The Zoo and she helped make the vision in my head a real piece. We were able to create a personalized invite package that created the perfect kick off to our wedding plans.

Julie · Married on 05/22/2016

I can't say enough about the wonderful experience I had working with Liz! I live in Philadelphia, but traveled to Allentown just to order invitations and am so happy that I did. I had a few specific requests (lining my envelopes with a nautical map) and while others had told me it was too difficult (or was going to cost a fortune), The Paperbag said, "Sure, we can do that"! I really enjoyed working with them, and appreciated the knowledge and experience. It's very comforting to know you can say, "I trust your advice" and really mean it! The number of compliments I received on my invitations was just icing on the cake.

Sent on 04/27/2016

The Paperbag's reply:

Julie, Thank you so much for your kind words! It's been a pleasure helping you create your invitations, menu cards and tags. You and your mom were so great to work with! Have s fantastic time at your wedding!

Doug · Married on 05/14/2016

Liz is the best! She will spend as much time with you as need. More importantly, she is honest and will not try and upwell you on a more expensive product. I would highly recommend Liz.

The Paperbag's reply:

Thanks Doug! It was my pleasure helping you both!

megan · Married on 04/30/2016

I don't know who anyone could say anything but great things about this shop!! Liz was amazing! She let me sit in there for hourssss, I would say 2-3 hours just sitting and looking at all the huge booked of sample invitations ! She helped me stay within my budget and helped me find the specific theme I wanted for my wedding invitations! They price was much better than I expected and I even got a good deal on thank you cards! She really takes good care of you! Thank you Liz!

Sent on 05/09/2016

The Paperbag's reply:

Megan, Awe, thank you! It was a lot of fun working with you and helping you get what you wanted within your budget. I hope you had a fabulous time at your wedding! Would love to see pictures.

Sheena · Married on 11/14/2015

Liz was awesome! I looked online and even considered a DIY wedding invitation. So thankful I looked on weddingwire for locations in Allentown for invitations. The Paperbag was on there and after reading the reviews I considered stopping in... Well, I wasn't even there 10 mins and Liz had huge books of cards to page through for us and once I told her I wanted a certain design ... My invitations were selected and a proof was ordered! I highly rec'd anyone to visit for invitation needs.

Sent on 09/14/2015

The Paperbag's reply:

Sheena, Thank you for the great review! You and Ryan were wonderful to work with! Thank you for the opportunity to help you with the invitations! Looking forward to working with you on the rest of the paper needs for your wedding.

Haven't ordered yet but definitely will be! We just need to decide on our invitations! Too many to choose from! Everyone is so nice and helpful there. Best place in the valley to go!

Sent on 12/07/2014

The Paperbag's reply:

We can't wait to help you with your invitations - it was great helping you so far. ~Liz

Kaitlin · Married on 10/24/2015

We used The Paperbag for every stationary need for our wedding. They created our save-the-dates, invitations, ceremony programs, table place cards, and thank-you's. My husband and I absolutely LOVED working with Liz! She is all around incredible to work with. She is professional, experienced, knowledgeable, and very personable. While we were making some of our stationary decisions, we talked with her at length about other aspects of our wedding-questions that we wanted an unbiased (not our parents) opinion of or advice on. I cannot stress how unbelievably kind she was, which alleviated some of that wedding stress. Our friends and family still ask us where we got our invitations done, because they were elegant and reflected our unique style. I would recommend Liz and The Paperbag to anyone! We will be coming back for future stationary needs.

Sent on 01/25/2016

The Paperbag's reply:

Kaitlin, You and your husband were absolutely wonderful to work with. Thank you for putting your trust in me to help you with some very difficult decisions. I cannot wait to work with you again! Liz

Nicola · Married on 08/29/2015

Liz also helped us with our place cards for our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception and our thank you card envelopes. We're very happy with their service.

Sent on 11/19/2015

The Paperbag's reply:

Thank you, Nicola, for your kind review. I loved working with you and Dom!

Lauren · Married on 11/08/2014

I was very fortunate to order my wedding invitations from The Paperbag. The owner, Liz, was incredibly helpful, professional, informative, and very patient throughout the process! I knew I wanted something classic and simple but... aside from that, I was not sure how else to explain what I was looking for. She allowed us to review books upon books of invitations to help me find my ideal invitation.

Not only was I able to find the PERFECT invitation, but Liz provided us with support as we determined the best wording for our invitations and how to address our envelopes. She was very helpful as we made small changes to our invitations and even suggested a calligrapher nearby to address our envelopes. Liz and all the employees at The Paperbag made the start of our wedding planning process so easy while also being helpful with the smallest of details. Thank you, Liz and thank you, Paperbag!

Sent on 12/27/2014

The Paperbag's reply:

Lauren, Thank you for your kind review! It was our pleasure helping you find the perfect invitation for your wedding! We're so glad to have been a part of your big day! (Would love to see photos!) ~ Liz

Elissa · Married on 09/27/2014

I was very pleased with my entire experience with Liz and her company, The Paperbag. I ordered my invitations, thank you cards and place cards through The Paper Bag and everything came out on time and exactly how I expected. Liz was extremely helpful when it came to finding the right items in my price range. I especially liked that she was able to use the same font and ink color throughout my various different items. If you are unsure about proper wording for invitations and proper timing for when to send everything out, Liz has some great advice without being "pushy." I would highly recommend using the Paperbag for a stress-free experience!

Sent on 12/29/2014

The Paperbag's reply:

Elissa, Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure helping you with your wedding stationery needs! I'm so glad you were so pleased! ~ Liz