The Palencia Club Reviews

16 Reviews for The Palencia Club

1 User photo

• Demetria

Demetria V. · Married on 11/07/2020

Easiest decision so far :)

We had an amazing tour. Sara, the coordinator, is so organized, thorough, and very responsive over email. She was very patient with all of our questions and pauses for pictures. The venue is gorgeous and everything we want. This was honestly the easiest decision we've made with our wedding planning process so far and we couldn't be more excited!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Raegan G. · Married on 05/23/2020

Elegant Wedding Venue!

The Palencia Club is a stunning wedding venue, you truly have to go see Palencia in person! There are so many good picture spots and the event spaces are neutral but elegant. Sara was with us every step of the way, even through changing our wedding multiple times because of COVID-19. We had a small cocktail reception and the food was amazing! All of the staff was so so nice and helpful! You cannot beat the price of this wedding venue!

Sent on 06/29/2020
  • Christy

Christy R. · Married on 05/09/2020

The Palencia Club was a Romantic Dream

The Palencia Club was the perfect location for my daughter’s wedding and reception. Sara was fabulous to work with. She was there every step of the way and made sure all details were taken care of even as changes were made. The location is just beautiful. We held the event outside on the Wedding Green and inside/outside of The Bistro. This was perfect as we had to reschedule the entire event due to the pandemic and wanted to be outside. Sara and Palencia Club worked with us to make sure our date was available for the reschedule, they handled everything from setting up the event to the end. The food was amazing, and the chef was able to accommodate all our guests’ dietary concerns. The servers were very professional and friendly. The outside area of The Bistro is magical as the sun goes down. They have string lights overhead. We brought candles for the tables, and the dj brought uplighting. It really looked like something out of a movie. The bride and groom loved the location. I cannot express my gratitude enough to Sara and The Palencia Club for making this event so special for my daughter and her husband. I highly recommend hosting your event at The Palencia Club.

Sent on 11/30/2020
  • Laura

Laura E. · Married on 12/14/2019

Amazing Venue

We booked the Palencia Club about a year out from our December 2019 wedding. From the beginning, our experience with them was awesome. Sara, the coordinator, was amazing. She was extremely responsive and easy to get a hold of. She answered all my questions, no matter how inconsequential. We hired her for her day of coordinator services as well, and she went above and beyond. Her help extended way past just a day of coordinator. She contacted vendors for me to make sure that they knew where to be and when. She put together the ceremony and reception areas to the way that I envisioned. And she ensured that the day ran as smoothly as possible. We were very grateful for her help!
    The venue was very flexible and willing to help in whatever way to make our day special. The food was amazing, and all of our guests were very complimentary about it. We even had a few guests with very strict dietary restrictions that they were able to accommodate and still make the food taste good.
    The venue itself was beautiful, and we are looking forward to seeing it captured in our pictures. Overall, we would highly recommend the Palencia Club to anyone looking for a beautiful place in St. Augustine to get married.

Sent on 02/01/2020
  • Talia

Talia · Married on 09/28/2019

A wedding ceremony and reception venue MUST!

Sara was AMAZING. The food, environment, seating, reception area, were all perfect to a T. I highly recommend this venue for both a ceremony and a reception. Sara and her staff are amazing and will take care of literally anything you need for your day to be special and everything you want.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Alis · Married on 05/18/2019

Alis Schrock

Sara did the most amazing job throughout the entire wedding process and as day of coordinator! Would highly recommend this venue for any occasion. Great views and picture opportunities. So glad with everything

Sent on 05/19/2019

Jackie · Married on 01/19/2019

Beautiful wedding venue

We just had our reception here and it was amazing from start to finish. The venue coordinator, Sara, is wonderful to work with and will make sure to pay attention to every detail. The venue was beautiful, the food was amazing, and we were able to customize a lot of things for our wedding. I highly recommend booking this venue!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Nicole · Married on 06/02/2018

We had a beautiful wedding reception here. The venue is gorgeous and the food is delicious. Highly recommended

Sent on 06/10/2018

Emil;Y · Married on 03/31/2018

Sarah Martinson is an absolute dream to work with! My fiance and I have had the best experience working with her and the staff at The Palencia Club so far and our wedding is still 11 months away! The Chef put together the most amazing tasting for us, we were blown away! I can't wait to celebrate next year!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Carrie · Married on 12/16/2017

My husband and I could not have chosen a more perfect and beautiful venue for our special day! The staff was great, especially Sara, the coordinator at the club, who helped make our day everything and more than we possibly could've dreamed of. Everyone was so accommodating and easy to work with. The food was fabulous and everything was exactly how we wanted it. We could not be more pleased with our choice!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Maritza · Married on 10/16/2016

It was love at first site when my husband and i visited the Palencia club. The place is gorgeous and the greenery is beautiful. My husband and i can't wait to get married there to celebrate our renewal vows for our 13years of marriage next year in October. I'm super excited! I highly recommended this place and Teri is the best she's awesome and she will work with your budget. #youngandstillinlove.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Tammy · Married on 12/20/2012

My daughters wedding was in December of 2012 and we would like to everyone to know what a absolute perfect venue can be.

Sent on 03/20/2013

Tiffany · Married on 07/16/2011

Amazing!!!! The food was delicious, the hostess(Debbie McCrum) was so dedicated and the staff was great! The hostess actually was on standby since it stormed the two days before to change the wedding indoors if we saw rain. She promised it wouldnt rain, and IT DIDNT!!! Beautiful place for pictures and seclusion for your guest. Loved it! Worth the cost and an amazing venue!

Sent on 10/03/2011
  • Tcromwell

Thomas · Getting married on 02/12/2022

3.0

We had a fantastic experience with Debbie Rigdon and the Palencia Club. Debbie was very professional and helped us each step of the way. Their location is beautiful and she was flexible with all of our needs. We are more than pleased with our time at the Palencia Club.

The prices were reasonable for renting the venue although the prices for food and drink were overpriced based on the quality of the food. Appetizers were delicious and well prepared. The bar was well stocked and the servers were terrific throughout the night. While people seemed to enjoy the main course, and it was good, I was hoping for a bit more in terms of quality. Portion sizes were fine and appropriate. I thought the main course lacked a little flavor and quality. It truly was the one flaw in an otherwise perfect evening.

I would highly recommend Debbie and her team of professionals.

Sent on 03/21/2012

Trista · Married on 05/07/2005

Beautiful locations! Great food! Be prepared to spend some money, but it's worth it!

Sent on 02/25/2008
  • crazeemandie

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2017

1.0

I️ had my wedding here 5/28/17. Unfortunately, I️ would not have my wedding at Palencia if I️ could do it all over again.

The A/C went out and many of our guests left due to the heat. I had to tell the staff to bring in fans, so guests would not be so uncomfortable. Management blamed our band for “blowing a fuse”. After speaking with other Palencia club members I️ found out this wasn’t the first time the A/C quit.

Following the wedding, their management did nothing to communicate their apologies to us. The only way we could get their attention was stop payment on our final check. Management was consistently rude and their legal staff threatened to take legal action for “defamation” if we posted a negative review on social media. Legal also told us that the A/C failure was “not within their control and was not a breach of contract”, so that meant that they “don’t owe us any compensation.” My photos of the night portray a different story. Everyone is covered in sweat and half of the guest either left the club or paid for drinks out of pocket in their downstairs bar.

We have given them plenty of opportunities to reconcile but they consistently shrug us off. With a price tag of nearly $15,000 for just the food, room rental, and drinks, I️ would have expected better customer service.

I will note that there were some positives about this venue: the food and catering staff were great. Sara Martinson, the event coordinator, was good too. I️ only wish their management and Corporate Employees would take a cue from their staff and work on improving their customer service skills... especially for someone’s wedding!

Sent on 11/21/2017