The Painted Chef Reviews

The Painted Chef View more information

• Hannah
    Hannah B. Married on 01/01/2022

AMAZING!! Strongly recommend!!

Shug catered our wedding on 01/01/2022 and it was, to say the least, AMAZING. All of our guests raved about the food for days after the wedding (especially the smashed potatoes!). We had a destination wedding, so we went out on a limb with most of our vendors and Shug did NOT disappoint!! Seriously, during the wedding my mom said we had to leave the best reviews for him because the food was beyond good. I promise you will not be disappointed in hiring The Painted Chef!
  • Tania
    Tania M. Married on 10/31/2020

Sooo delicious!

We used the painted chef for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding, when I say EVERYTHING was delicious, OMG. I can't express enough how delicious! The presentation was beautiful and we had 2 fantastic dinners! My guests couldn't stop talking about it! I highly recommend!
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey T. Married on 10/26/2019

Great Food, Great Price

Shug catered our wedding 10/26/2019. Everyone complimented our food which was a good ole southern buffet, and Shug himself is just a great guy and easy to work with. You can't beat the price either. 10/10 would recommend!
  • Erica
    Erica H. Married on 08/24/2019

Exquisitely wonderful. My taste buds were dancing!!

During the reception and up to yesterday I've been getting feedback on the cuisine. I've heard nothing less than wonderful, flavorful, and colorful words. The food was delicious and the service was great!! You won't be sorry if you decide to go with Chef Shug and his team!!
    Christina Married on 10/07/2017
    The food was delicious - I received tons of compliments, especially on the shrimp and grits - and Shug was very easy to work with. The display was beautiful and professional. I told him my theme a few weeks prior and he made sure the items he used fit perfectly. He didn't mind travelling out of state for my wedding reception and was a great value as well. Highly recommend!
    Andrea Married on 09/17/2016
    Planning a destination wedding isn't easy, and we truly wanted that Southern Style food to enjoy and share with our guests. We wanted someone who will cook from scratch, use fresh ingredients and offer high quality food... So we feel very lucky to have met with Chef Travis and his delicious catering. He did a great job for our wedding 2 Saturdays ago in Savannah, GA. Set up all his tables very nicely with unique vintage props and everything: Beverages, Appetizers and Entrees all tasted amazing! Thank you for being passionate! Andrea+Greg Grant
  • User2789358 Event on: 02/05/2016
    Travis is a pleasure to work with! He is very helpful in offering suggestions to the menu. The food is fabulous! You can't go wrong with his BBQ and sides! The coleslaw is my favorite!! The banana bread pudding with whiskey caramel sauce is amazing!! He also does fried oreos with a blueberry drizzle.. to die for! I can see why his slogan is "Deep Fried and Double Wide!" He takes comfort food to another level!!