The Other Barn at Oakland Mills Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Ladonna
    Ladonna 1. Married on 05/29/2022

Wedding 05/29/2022

Venue was amazing and everything was how it was supposed to be. Quick responses to questions and was able to use my own vendors. Workers are great and very helpful

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

I am glad your day went so well. Congratulations and best wishes to you. The Staff at The Other Barn
  • Amy & Will
    Amy Married on 05/01/2021

Beautiful Wedding Venue

Our wedding ceremony and reception at The Other Barn was perfect! The venue had the rustic and outdoor style, but did not need us to actually go to a farm.  We rented the courtyard for our ceremony, the Smith/Tacky room for our cocktail hour, and the Loft for our reception.  The venue coordinator, Brigitta, was wonderful to work with. She always responded to our emails quickly, usually the same or next day and sometimes even within hours. We were originally suppose to have our wedding in May 2020, but had to reschedule due to covid.  It was so easy getting our wedding rescheduled for May 2021.  Brigitta basically told us to select our new date, and as long as it was not already booked we could have it. We ended up with about 40 guests and there was plenty room for every to social distance. The price of the venue was very budget friendly.  The courtyard was absolutely beautiful for our ceremony.  The Loft did not need much decorations, a lot of the existing decor was enough to make the place look beautiful. Tables and chairs were all provided by the venue. They even set it up for us based on our floorplan. There was no approved list of caterers, so we were able to use one of our choice. Overall, there was a lot of flexibility for what we wanted to do, which fit our vision perfectly. I would highly recommend The Other Barn for a wedding venue.

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thank you and congratulations again. I am glad everything went well and you were able to finally hold your special day at The Other Barn. We wish you all the best. The Staff at The Other Barn
  • Tangenika
    Tangenika D. Married on 02/29/2020

Leap Year Barn Wedding

I got engageg in July 2019 and planned my wedding my wedding in 45 days. The staff helped me a ton with deciding on a floor plan.
    My family cooked all of the food and it saved me a ton. I purchased decorations online. Everything was beautiful.

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

We are glad your day went so well. Thank you for sharing your pictures. They are wonderful. We wish you all the best. Congratulations again. -The Staff at The Other Barn
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Grace F. Married on 10/19/2019

The Other Barn is a great venue

The entire experience was extremely easy with the Other Barn. The cost was reasonable and the venue was beautiful. Hanging lights in the dark loft made for a beautiful ambiance. The outdoor space for the ceremony was intimate and private. All in all I would recommend this venue. For reference we had about 60 guests.

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thank you and congratulations. We are so happy that you enjoyed your day at The Other Barn. Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures. Best Wishes - The Staff at The Other Barn
    Alexandra Married on 10/12/2019

The Other Barn

We were so lucky to find this location for our wedding! Brigitta was incredibly helpful and we received so many compliments about how beautiful the wedding was! Couldn’t recommend this location more!

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Congratulations again. I am glad everything went well. Best wishes to you. The Staff at The Other Barn
    Dakota M. Married on 07/20/2019

The Other Barn was perfect

This was the perfect venue for us. It is a unique venue as the meeting room is upstairs. But the room was beautiful before we even decorated. They were flexible and the price was very reasonable.

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Congratulations to you. We are so happy that you enjoyed your day at The Other Barn. Best wishes to you. - The Staff at The Other Barn
    Angela S. Married on 06/21/2019

Great experience

Overall great experience, Bridgetta was great and very helpful. Lady At the front desk could use some customer service training. She had an attitude every time I had to deal with her. Otherwise, it was the perfect venue for our day. Affordable, great location, beautiful.

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thank you for your review. I am glad your event went well. The pictures are wonderful. I sincerely apologize for any unpleasantries you may have experienced and will certainly have a conversation with our staff. Congratulations to you. The Staff at The Other Barn
    Kerri Married on 12/29/2018

Easiest Vendor Ever!

Affordable, Considerate & Accommodating. All you need in a good venue!

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thank you for your review. Congratulations again and thank you for choosing The Other Barn for your your special day.
    The Staff at The Other Barn
    Amanda I. Married on 09/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Must see, you would be disappointed

Beautiful place. Made my wedding exceptional.

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thank you Amanda. We are very glad everything went well. Congratulations again! The Staff at The Other Barn
  • I
    Indiaya Married on 08/17/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Other Barn was very reasonably priced. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant! There was never a time I needed to speak with someone and they weren’t available. I felt as though they really cared about helping make my day special and not just taking my money! So glad I chose this location!

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

We are so glad your event went well and thank you again for choosing The Other Barn. We wish you congratulations and all the best.
    Linsey Married on 04/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    What a beautiful and fun venue for such a reasonable price! The staff is excellent, responsive and very willing to handle special requests. They do all they can to make for the perfect event.

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy that everything went so well and wish you congratulations again. The Other Barn Staff
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 10/01/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This was the first and only venue that my now husband and I physically went to, to look at and we both loved it. We had a HUGE scare 9 days before our wedding. Brigitta called me to inform me the elevator had broken and was too old to get parts for it, and it had to be replaced. There was a lot on concern that it would not be ready in time for our wedding. However the team at The Other Barn work diligently and pulled it off for us. They kept in close contact with me, updating me on the status almost everyday. I could not be anymore grateful for the extra time and money that they put into getting this elevator ready before our day. The elevator was working great and passed inspection so that all of our handicap quests were able to end and everyone had an amazing time. Lots of compliments from the quests of how much they loved the venue. We had an amazing day. I can not thank them enough

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy that everything worked out and your event went so well. We wish you the very best.
    Diana Married on 09/16/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding at The Other Barn on 9/16/17 and absolutely loved it. It's a beautiful space that accommodates an outside ceremony and an inside reception in their beautiful loft. Brigitta is such a pleasure to work with and will diligently work with you to ensure your vision and needs are met. They have a huge kitchen so you can cook your own food if you wish and you can use any caterer you want! When you first contact The Other Barn they are very informative about what is and isn't allowed and the costs for everything. Our wedding was so beautiful and we are so happy we chose The Other Barn for our wedding!

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

We are so happy that everything went well. Congratulations and best wishes. Thank you for choosing The Other Barn. The Staff at The Other Barn
    Karen Married on 07/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The great thing about The Other Barn is that they let you know from the start what is and is not allowed. They give you a time line for all of the paper work and accommodations that you will need. They are handicap accessible which was really important because I had several guests including my mom who needed the elevator. It is clean, the staff were responsive and worked well with my vendors and in less than two weeks I had my security deposit back! It is beautiful and the day of my wedding couldn't have been more perfect! Thank you Other Barn for being "Perfect for Me!"

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

We are so happy that your event went well. Thank you for choosing The Other Barn. Congratulations and best wishes.
    Liz Married on 07/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had a great experience at the Other Barn for our wedding this past summer. The venue has a beautiful courtyard where we had our ceremony and the upstairs reception hall is very unique, which is great because we did not have to do too much decorating. The reception area is air-conditioned and was comfortable. The coordinator was responsive and explained everything clearly to us. You have to rent the venue for the entire time you need it, including time for set up and clean up - they helped us figure all that out with the timeline. The value is very good - it is very affordable compared to other venues and is a beautiful place. There is also plenty of parking and it is easy to reach from major roads and close to BWI airport as well. There are some rules about decorations (no decorations on wall or balloons in the reception hall) and they also don't allow red wine, but those things didn't bother us. I was very happy about our decision to get married here - so many beautiful photos!

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

We are so happy your event at The Other Barn went well. We wish you all the best. Thank you.
    Jill Married on 06/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Beautiful Venue! This venue was not only cost effective and conveniently located, it was beautiful inside an out. The garden area was beautifully landscaped and the inside reception area had an amazing loft with a rustic arched wooden ceiling that really made you say "wow" when you enter the room. They also have a full size industrial kitchen which my caterer loved, and a HUGE dance floor which was big enough for our 5 person band and still had plenty of room to dance. The staff was incredibly accommodating and flexible. They provided fast, thorough responses to all of our inquiries, and worked with us to make sure every detail of our wedding day was absolutely perfect. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is planning their wedding, or any kind of party for that matter!

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thanks so much for the review! We thrilled that your event at The Other Barn was wonderful. We strive to make every single event the most memorable ever. Best wishes to you!
  • User2392625 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Great Columbia location for outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Delighted that you had the perfect wedding at The Other Barn. Wishing you love and happiness always! from the staff at Other Barn, Columbia, MD
    Allison Married on 01/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at The Other Barn on 1/7/17. We couldn't have asked for a better experience! The staff are courteous, responsive, and helpful, and the venue itself is very affordable. Without Susan's graciousness and proactiveness on setting up the floor plan with me, I would've been lost. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a venue in the Columbia/Baltimore area!

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

We are thrilled that your wedding and ceremony at the Other Barn was a wonderful event! It was a pleasure working with you and we wish you all the best life has to offer! ~ The Staff at The Other Barn
    Brittany Married on 09/16/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Susan and the staff at The Other Barn were a great choice for our wedding ceremony and reception. Susan worked with us every step of the way--answering all one million of my questions in a timely and detailed way. She gave me a tour and helped me design my dream floor plan. She accommodated ALL of my last minute changes--and there were many; but we never heard her complain. She accommodated us with allowing us to change the end time and access time multiple times and the process was simple, as was the fee for the additional hours. Her and the other staff seemed to genuinely care that had a good experience.

My day of person, was Mark--who was spectacular. He was friendly and prompt to answer all of my last minute requests.

The Loft was beautiful once decorated, and the courtyard did not disappointed as the fall setting was natural and beautiful. This place was definitely bang for the buck since it gave the rustic vibe that I wanted in a venue but for thousands less than other barns (no pun intended).

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

We are so pleased your wedding day was truly special. Best wishes for a wonderful married life - from The Other Barn, Columbia, MD
    Cynthia Married on 09/11/2016
    Excellent Service. Excellent venue. Amazing

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

It was our pleasure to help in every possible way to make your wedding day special. Best wishes from the staff at The Other Barn, Columbia, MD
    Sada Married on 09/03/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Other Barn is the perfect venue. We had our ceremony outside in the garden area. We had cocktail hour in the room downstairs and our reception was in the loft. Everything was beautiful and i'm so glad we found this place. It was more affordable than most venues we looked at. I highly recommend it.

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thank you for sharing. We are glad your day went so well. Congratulations again and please be sure to contact us again when you are ready to plan your next big event.
    Maria Married on 07/08/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The venue is beautiful! It was such a pleasure working with Susan. She was really attentive and guided us through the entire wedding process. I could not have asked for a better venue nor a better price! The flexibility was great and we were allowed to bring in our own caterer which is always a great plus!
    I highly recommend this place!! It will NOT disappoint! :)

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy your day went well. Congratulations again!
    Ayesha Married on 09/04/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I read about the Other Barn on FB and after looking at a few pics I had to go see it. My husband and I wanted a cocktail reception so this space was perfect! The built in benches added so much character and it was enough seating without doing a lot of tables. I absolutely adored our ceremony space outside on the patio. I am still in love with our venue and can't wait to throw my 5th anniversary party there!

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thank you so much. We are so glad you enjoyed your ceremony and reception at The Other Barn. Congratulations again and we look forward to hearing from you to plan your next big event.
    Bethany Married on 06/13/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I have no complaints about The Other Barn, only good things to say! Susan Azoulay at The Other Barn was extremely helpful and quick to respond to all my questions. Plus the price was very reasonable compared to other venues I was looking at. We had the freedom to hire whatever caterer we wanted which was awesome. They were very accommodating when I wanted to bring different people in to see the venue before the wedding and the day of my wedding went smoothly. I also love how everything looked. It was a perfect day!

The Other Barn at Oakland Mills's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share. We are so glad that you had a "perfect" day! Best wishes.
    Emily Married on 09/12/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This venue is truly a gem, hidden right in the middle of Columbia. The venue first caught our eye because of its location and its affordability. At a fraction of other venues' costs, we were able to book The Other Barn for our courtyard wedding and loft reception. Susan was a pleasure to work with and took all of our questions and requests in stride. We were slightly worried about noise and/or onlookers during our Friday evening ceremony, but neither was an issue whatsoever. The courtyard was lovely, and as long as we followed the rules (no permanent means of attachment), we were able to decorate the trellis beautifully. I would highly recommend this venue to others!
illustration stars