The Osprey's at Belmont Bay Reviews

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 5
The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 6
The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 7

Latonia · Married on 05/24/2014

I could not have chosen a better venue.The staff was extremely helpful and very patient with me .As we all know being a bride can be very stressfull.Bryan who is the events coordinator was perfect.The venue speaks for itself.I must say having my wedding reception at Ospreys was the best decision ever.It took my wedding theme over the top.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Joseph · Married on 05/03/2014

The service was excellent and the venue was breath taking it made for a wedding that dreams are made of!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Great view, venue and great/wonderful staff who will personally make sure your event is perfect from beginning to end. I recommend Osprey's at Belmont Bay for your special events. I had my wedding there, April 26th, 2014, and I can say that my wedding was perfect and memorable! Thank you Bryan Ruongrat, Event Coordinator, at Osprey's. You went above and beyond!

Pamela and Gene

Sent on 05/14/2014

minnettia · Married on 06/29/2013

My wife and I researched and toured various venues in northern VA and DC. Most were too far for our liking or for the space and nothing else included too much money. My wife as determined as she was came across Osprey's, she was that determined to get married by the water. And when we toured this venue, the set up, backdrop, it just blew us away. IT was very manageable for what we envisioned. The pergola outside was just beautiful to get married on and the backdrop of the Potomac was breathtaking. This is the go to place for a nice intimate wedding. The customer service was above reproach, if I had to do it all over again, I could not imagine using another place. The food and drinks were excellent. WE had a modest wedding of about 90 people and the venue had more than enough space to accommodate. The coordinator, Jessica, is such a sweetheart and made sure we had everything we needed. She made sure we didn't have any worries leading up to our big day. Ospreys is the premier spot among all those overrated and expensive hotels, I'm all for Team Osprey any day!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2013

Trina · Married on 05/11/2013

I sincerely cannot say enough positive things about Osprey's! Every single aspect of the wedding that they catered to was perfect. First, the layout itself is awesome. The dance and bar area are separate from the dining area, which really helps facilitate a great party! Everyone told me how much they got to know all of the guests there because they were not stuck at their designated tables if they wanted to get off the dance floor. But there were plenty of tables in that area for people that wanted to sit as well. We had cigars and cornhole on the deck, which is right behind the dance floor overlooking the entire golf course and it was an incredible hit. I also cannot stress how vital Jessica is. As their event coordinator, she truly went out of her way to make she everything was perfect. We brought in SO much stuff (cornhole, about 100 mason jars, a giant arch!) and she took care of everything. She was incredibly responsive and flexible, and helped me with everything I needed. It was such a relief to have her there and know I could truly count on someone! The food was perfect! They were great with tastings and flexible to different ideas. We ended up having sliders and french fries at the end of the night and I'm pretty sure it lasted 5 minutes! If I had to do it all over again I would come back here in a second!! Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 05/16/2013
  • Ray

Ray · Married on 05/11/2013

From the groom: I have to give Osprey's landing 5 out of 5 for everything! They truly deserve it. We started our wedding planning with Katie who was a true professional. She was replaced by an equally awesome wedding coordinator Jessica. Jessica will do everything and anything to make her bride happy.
    Jessica took the time to personally decorate the room, set up a dessert bar for us and she kept the entire wedding on track. I can't tell you how much we appreciate having Jessica watching our backs with all of the insanity.
    Please take the time to look at the pictures on their facebook page. The scenery is gorgeous! The pergola looks amazing when it's decorated. The dining room is completely transformed and the bar / dance floor is amazing!
    You're getting the entire building for the price of one room at most places. I was expecting a much larger bill for all of the little details and extras that were thrown in.
    Osprey's no longer caters the food on the premises. They contract their food services to Windows catering. They are truly the premier catering company in the DC area. All of our guests raved about the food. My father was talking about it two weeks later!

Here's a nice set of pictures for you. :)
    If you have a small wedding (under 120) then please give Jessica at Osprey's landing a call. You won't regret it!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Carly · Married on 03/09/2013

My husband and I got married at Osprey's this past October and couldn't have asked for a more wonderful day. It poured rain all day, yet because the staff at Osprey's made everything run so smoothly, you would have never had known it rained a drop!
    Hunter is the man! He made us feel like royalty during our big day. I was stressed, I needed some caffeine, instantly he was there with a Coke and a straw. After the ceremony, which we managed to hold outside the 15 minutes it wasn't raining, Hunter was waiting for us at the door with a glass of wine and a beer. Perfect timing! We needed a golf cart to go take some pictures down by the marina, Hunter had three waiting for us already (one for us, two for our photographers.)
    We met Brittany half way through our planning, and she just jumped right in and handled everything that we were concerned about that was left for planning. (Linens, chairs, ceremony music, contacting and confirming our DJ and our photographers.) She just knows what she's doing and does it with ease.
    The Osprey's itself was just perfect, the layout was just something different and not your typical wedding banquet hall. It offers some separation for dinner, and then keeps the bar and dance floor together. What was really great was the dance floor opens out onto a great balcony over looking the golf course. We had guests even dancing outside! The ceremony was held on the pergola, which was a phenomenal setting for an outdoor ceremony. The pergola sits right in front of the river, very scenic, made an amazing backdrop for ceremony photos.
    Overall, everyone at the Osprey's from bartenders to waitstaff, to wedding planner, to GM, wanted to make our wedding day perfect. By the end, they felt like family. Osprey's doesn't have to work very hard because the location and quality of the Venue is so wonderful, yet we felt they were working even harder than we were to make our day flawless.
    I would recommend this Venue to everyone!

Sent on 03/18/2014

Christine · Married on 11/10/2012

We had our wedding reception at Osprey's at Belmont Bay on November 10, 2012, and I literally could hardly wait to write my review for this venue. First of all, Jessica Hatter is the event coordinator and she went above and beyond for our wedding. She responded to my many questions very promptly (even during Hurricane Sandy), helped me plan out the reception, and is such a sweet and friendly person. We planned our wedding in six short months and I was very afraid that we wouldn't have enough time, but Jessica made this possible. Now on to the venue itself - BEAUTIFUL!!! I have received many compliments on the reception space being absolutely beautiful, and all of my guests loved the food. My other vendors (photographers, DJ, etc) even complimented how attentive the staff was and how Osprey's made their jobs easier. Brides - have your reception here!! You won't regret it!!!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Taylor · Married on 10/13/2012

I had my wedding at Osprey's Landing on October 13, 2012 and it truly was the best day of my life. From the first visit to the wedding night, our experience with Osprey's was excellent. The staff is responsive and professional. The venue is beautiful. And the food is delicious! I had many guests tell me that it was the best wedding they attended. Everything from the bartenders to the view of the river, received praise from our guests.

The staff at Osprey's really bent over backwards to make our day as flawless and stress-free as possible. It really was an amazing day, thanks to Osprey's!

Sent on 10/25/2012

Erin · Married on 08/18/2012

Our wedding was amazing thanks to the staff at Osprey's. Jessica was extremely helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process and the end result was perfect. Everyone loved the location and the food and the wait staff were extremely pleasant. We chose the perfect location for our big day!

Sent on 09/02/2012
  • Meemz

Mimi · Married on 05/26/2012

I have to rave about this place and i finally have a moment to do so.I booked this venue back in August of 2011 with their planner that they currently had, Ketie Tierno. Off the bat she was wonderful, working with me on all my ideas, budget changes and anything that I had a question about. Then in May she left and of course I was so nervous because I had only been working with her. She assured me that I would be taken care of and that nothign would change. I didn't believe her. I was completely wrong and pleasantly surprised!! Jesica Hatter took her place and Andrea Cabrera is the catering manager. They are absolutely wonderful. If I could give a million stars on this review, I would. They stepped and made me feel so at ease and comfortable and quickly made me realize that I honestly had nothing to worry about. They worked with me on all my changes as the date grew closer, they followed up in less than 24 hours on everything, and they made my day absolutely amazing. Nothing was difficult with them EVER. Everything was a YES, OF COURSE WE CAN! I honestly did not feel like a customer, I knew they honestly cared about my event and that I felt that everything was perfect! I was and am still so impressed with their kindness,customer service and flexibility. The food and service was excellent, we had a brunch buffet with bloody mary's and mimosas and all of my guests just raved about how great everything was. I cannot thank them enough for making our day so PERFECT! Their entire staff should be commended as well as them for being so darn wonderful :-) From the pro shop to the catering to the waitstaff...perfect job and THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 06/05/2012
  • Leanna

Leanna · Married on 04/22/2012

I had such a great experience at Osprey's for my wedding. We originally worked with Katie Tierno, but she resigned her position just days before my wedding. True to her word, Katie provided me with Andrea Cabrera as a coordinator. Andrea stepped in and everything went flawlessly. The other big change was the weather. We had expected all along to have our ceremony outside on their beautiful pergola with the Occoquan River as our backdrop. Unfortunately, mother nature as not on our side. We had rain the ENTIRE day. However, Andrea made our wedding so lovely and I barely even noticed the change because everything was just so perfect.
    I am so glad I chose Osprey's for my wedding. My husband and I had a wonderful and memorable day...and so did all of our guests. The food was amazing, the staff was friendly and helpful, and all my dreams became reality.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Lorrie · Married on 03/31/2012

I had my husbands 50th birthday party at Ospreys Landing. It was perfect! From the professionalism, quality of service (Katie and Andrea) and the rest of the staff there. The food was delicious! My husband, family and friends all had a great time! I will definitely refer my friends to Ospreys landing.

Sent on 04/24/2012

Sherry · Married on 03/10/2012

I celebrated my 50th birthday at Ospreys Landing. From the party/banquet arrangements to the set up and serving of the party, the staff provided outstanding service. It was a beautiful location and the staff made it a night to remember!

Sherry

Sent on 03/21/2012

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay's reply:

Thank you Sherry!! It was certainly our pleasure. Happy Birthday!! See you in the restaurant soon, we hope!

Katie · Married on 11/11/2011

My fiance and I had a wonderful wedding experience at Osprey's Landing! We chose Osprey's because of it's beautiful location right on the Potomac River, and because their pergola on the water was the perfect place for our ceremony. Indoors, it was also exactly the type of space we wanted for our reception. We had approximately 110 people and we didn't want the huge grand ballroom type of venue. We loved the intimate feel of the dinner room and the bar/dancing area, and our guests did too.

I can't say enough about the events coordinator, Katie Tierno, and her staff. Katie was always there for anything we needed and was wonderful to work with. It was obvious that she truly cares about the people she works with and makes their wishes and needs a reality. She helped with all the details of the wedding including decor, food, the timeline, and our backup plan if the wedding had to be indoors due to weather. Her staff was great as well. They were very flexible, even when some unexpected things came up. They picked up right where Katie left off when she had to go out of town at the last minute for a family emergency. After a little initial clarification, they were able to go with the flow and they took care of everything very professionally. This made all the difference in making sure things ran smoothly the entire night.

Our guests gave us so many compliments about the venue- inside and out, the food, and the staff. I would recommend Osprey's Landing to any couple that is looking for a beautiful venue, professional staff, and a personal, high-quality wedding experience!

Sent on 12/10/2011

Samantha · Married on 09/23/2011

This venue really made our event a night to remember. We have gotten numerous compliments on how beautiful the scenery and facilities were. When my worst fear happened (rain!!!) Osprey's was able to transform the ballroom in a matter of a few hours and everything turned out perfect. The staff was excellent, and our event manager catered to all of our requests. I would fully recommend booking the full venue if you have more than 100 guests, because I am so glad we did.

Sent on 09/26/2011

Erin · Married on 09/10/2011

Osprey's Landing was the perfect location for my husband and I to have our wedding at. The events coordinator, Katie Tierno was a pleasure to work and took all of our quirky ideas and helped make them come to life. She was understanding and extremely patient when we were having trouble making decisions about things. The location itself is just exquisite! We had a smaller wedding (about 60 guests) and still rented out both of the rooms available. It was a great decision. The whole night was perfect.

Sent on 09/23/2011

Lyndon · Married on 08/28/2011

I could not have asked for more from a venue. The venue is beautiful inside and out, it's exactly the kind of place I'd always dreamed of getting married. The event coordinator was very helpful throughout the whole process and always provided quick answers to all of my questions. When we repeatedly changed plans for the ceremony location (outdoor to indoor to outdoor again) due to weather, she was very accommodating. It's obvious that she really cared about making she my wedding was exactly what I wanted and I really appreciated that.
    All of the event staff at the wedding were very helpful and make sure that we and our guests had everything we needed.
    I highly recommend Osprey's Landing. I could not have had such a beautiful wedding without them.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Susan · Married on 07/23/2011

Osprey's Landing was the PERFECT place for our son's rehearsal dinner. Katie Tierno was AMAZING!! She held our hands and helped us plan everything: keeping track of our many decisions (no matter how many times we changed our minds) and arranging for an incredible florist as well as a margarita machine! She gave incredibly helpful suggestions for making the evening fun and festive, and found ways to help us stay within our budget. She was always positive and encouraging and made the entire experience fun. Now that it's over, I miss working with her! You cannot go wrong with Osprey's Landing and Katie! :-)

Sent on 07/28/2011

Sheila · Married on 07/16/2011

We hosted a wedding at Osprey's Landing at Belmont Bay for our daughter and her fiance on July 16, 2011. Katie Tierno and her staff did a terrific job ensuring that everything ran smoothly. We were fortunate in having beautiful weather so we were able to have the ceremony at the pergola, and we had the reception in the Founder's room. We got so many positive comments from the guests about the beauty of the Osprey's Landing setting and the comfort of the banquet room. Many said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! The caterer was also excellent and very flexible in accommodating the bride and groom's eclectic tastes. We had a plated salad and a buffet that ran the gamut from a Tuscan grill with lots of big shrimp, chicken, and beef, to crab cakes, to hamburgers and hot dogs! Just about everyone had a little bit of everything, and there were enough accompanying veggies to satisfy our vegetarians. The bride wanted gourmet cupcakes for her cake, which we put on a cupcake tree. The caterer made a 10" bride and groom cake in their favorite funfetti flavor for the top tier which they could cut as part of the reception ceremony. The cupcakes were an unbelievable hit with the guests. We picked two flavors - tiramisu and strawberry shortcake - and the frosting was amazing, very light and tasty. All throughout the Osprey's staff made sure everyone had what they needed. One especially nice touch was when one of the staff brought drinks out to the bridal party while they were taking pictures by the water, which was unexpected but helpful since it was a hot day. All in all it was a wonderful experience at Osprey's Landing resulting in a very special wedding experience.

Sent on 07/19/2011

Laura · Married on 06/04/2011

My wedding was absolutely wonderful thanks to Katie and the rest of the staff at Osprey's Landing! She treated me more like a friend than a consultant which made me feel so much more at ease about the whole planning process! She really does a great job at letting you bring out your ideas in the venue and then takes charge the day of to ensure there are no issues! I would recommend them over and over again! ALL of my guests raved about how good the food was too!! They even decorated my cake last minute and it turned out better than I could have ever imagined!! Thank you guys so much!!!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Sarah Ann · Married on 05/29/2011

My husband and I are so happy we had our wedding at Osprey's Landing! Our wedding was beautiful, the staff was great, and Katie was there every step of the way. I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends!

Sent on 06/16/2011

Cynthia · Married on 05/07/2011

We held our son's rehearsal dinner at Ospreys Landing and the staff was incredible. Katie Tierno, the event planner, did an awesome job.

The feeedback from our guests was very positive and we were able to relax and enjoy the evening.

Sent on 07/06/2011
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/15/2018

When we were searching for a wedding venue, we knew we wanted to be by the water. We are from Maryland, so many of the venues we had originally looked at were near the Chesapeake Bay. We knew dozens of people to get married at these venues, and we wanted to look for something a little more unqiue. Little did we know, we would fall in love with the Occoquan Bay! We instantly loved the venue at the Osprey's. Meghan was our event coordinator and we adored her. Throughout the wedding planning process, she was always available to answer any of our questions and she made the entire process fun. She was super helpful during our rehearsal and made our wedding day perfect. We can't say enough good things about her! We would highly reccomends working with Meghan and having your wedding at the Osprey's!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Victoria · Married on 11/10/2017

The Ospreys at Belmont Bay was such a beautiful back drop for you big day. The day of coordinator and staff went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was as beautiful and special was we could imagine. I would highly recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 11/25/2017