The Osprey's at Belmont Bay Reviews

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 5
The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 6
The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 7

Lisa · Married on 08/24/2018

The Osprey's is a fantastic and absolutely beautiful venue. Brooke and Krystal were so responsive, helpful, and accommodating that I felt like they were part of my wedding party! I asked an annoying amount of questions leading up to my big day, and they never made me feel like I was a bother. Highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 09/04/2018

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay's reply:

Dear Lisa, thank you so much for your amazing review! We are so happy to hear that you and your guest enjoyed your special day and we are honored that you choose to celebrate with us! We wish you many years of happiness and wedded bliss. Come by and visit us any time we would love to see you :) Congratulations!!!

Renee · Married on 07/28/2018

We worked with Krystal Biers in planning our wedding-- she was responsive, thorough, professional, and kind throughout the entire process. The venue worked perfectly for my ~110 guest count, and all the guests thought the venue was beautiful and accommodating. I would recommend Osprey's to my closest friends and family without any hesitation! :)

Sent on 08/08/2018

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay's reply:

Dear Renee, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you and your guest enjoyed your special day and we are honored that you choose to celebrate with us! We wish you many years of happiness and wedded bliss. Come by and visit us any time, we'd love to see you again :) Congratulations, from all of us to you!

BETHLEHEM · Married on 07/27/2018

Hands down the best place to have a wedding in the DMV!!

Sent on 08/07/2018

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay's reply:

Dear Bethlehem, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are truly honored that you choose to celebrate your big day with us. Congratulations again, from all of us to you!

Alisha · Married on 07/20/2018

This was truly the perfect venue! My new husband and I really wanted to have a venue that gave us a gorgeous water backdrop and the Osprey's did not disappoint. The venue is picturesque and the staff were amazingly kind, helpful and professional. All of our wedding guests commented how amazing the venue is and is definitely worth every penny.

Sent on 08/12/2018

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay's reply:

Dear Alisha, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are trilled to hear that you and your guest enjoyed your special day and we are honored that you and your husband choose to celebrate with us! We wish you many years of happiness and wedded bliss! Come by and visit us any time, we'd love to see you again :) Congratulations, from all of us to you!!!

Kelly · Married on 07/14/2018

We had a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception at The Osprey's! All of our guests were very impressed with the venue. I'm not going to lie, it was frustrating finding the right venue to hold such an important day at. While many other venues were impossible to even get an inquiry response from, Brooke answered the phone right away and set up a tour for us just a few days following. I knew right away that we didn't have to look any further.
    The Osprey's provided us an In-house coordinator, Meghan, who was the best at helping me every step of the way! I was calling and emailing her on a weekly basis and she helped with things from suggesting the perfect caterer to finding someone to make my table seating mirror for me just a few days prior to the wedding. She went above and beyond!

Sent on 08/02/2018

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay's reply:

Dear Kelly, thank you so much for the amazing review! We are so happy to hear that you and your guest enjoyed your special day and we are honored that you choose to celebrate your love with us. We wish you many years of happiness and wedded bliss! Congratulations from all of us to you!

Aly · Married on 06/23/2018

The Osprey's and specifically Meghan, helped in giving us the best day we could have possibly asked for. Over the course of the year leading up to the wedding Meghan, consistently reached out and answered any questions we had. In the month leading up she kept communication strong and was very helpful in scheduling, providing recommendations, and had an answer to absolutely everything. The day before and day of Meghan was flexible, understanding, and a constant helpful presence. Everything went so smoothly (even with a storm in view), and Meghan had such a significant impact in making sure that happened. Thank you again, to everyone at the Osprey's who made our day an amazing memory. We highly recommend The Ospreys venue to anyone who wants a beautiful view, a perfect coordinator and an unforgettable day.

Sent on 07/30/2018
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 8
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 9
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 10
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 11

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay's reply:

Dear Aly, thank you so much for your sweet review! Knowing that you and your guest enjoyed every moment of your special day, means the everything to us! We are honored that you choose to celebrate with us and we wish you many years of happiness and wedded bliss. Come by and visit us any time we would love to see you both :) Congratulations!!!

Joan · Married on 06/09/2018

Venue = gorgeous. Brooke = awesome. It was perfect for our little piece of nature without having to drive to central Virginia. Brooke handled practically everything from the consultation to the coordination with the caterer about setup to the day of making sure we had everything we needed.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Joan · Married on 06/09/2018

Sent on 07/01/2018

Diana · Married on 06/09/2018

The Osprey’s was the absolute perfect choice for our wedding. First of all, it’s stunning- the view of the bay from their pergola is unbeatable and it was the perfect ceremony site. Plus their sprawling lush green grounds only add to the wonderful backdrop. Inside the building is no exception either; their huge dance floor and bar area made our guests very happy! And the dining room is beautiful. We had more than enough room for everything and had a lot of creative freedom with what we wanted to decorate. Many of our guests commented on how much they liked this venue.
    Meghan was amazing and such a pleasure to work with. She is smart, fast, organized, flexible and communicative. We had nothing to worry about in her hands- she made everything really easy on us. You can tell she cares about each and every person she works with. She supported and helped bring our wedding vision to life!
    The whole Osprey’s team is great and super helpful and hardworking. I would have my next event there in a heartbeat and I recommend this venue to anyone!!!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Aubrey · Married on 06/03/2018

I cannot say enough good things about the Osprey's - Meghan and Brooke were both amazing and made my wedding as stress-free as possible. This is the only venue in the area we found that included more than just the space for an affordable price. I had my heart set on an outdoor wedding, but it was pouring rain the day of and I was so glad we chose this venue! The indoor ceremony space was gorgeous and the rain drops on the huge windows gave it a very romantic feel. Meghan took care of everything the day of - if anything went wrong, I never knew about it. For someone who usually feels the need to be in control of everything, I felt completely comfortable handing over responsibilities to Meghan. It's all the little things that I never had to worry about - like putting wine in my car to take with us. I mentioned it and not two minutes later I saw Meghan grabbing the bottles for us. We were also able to drop off decorations a couple days before and didn't have to worry about set up or break down (including flipping the room from ceremony to dinner). She helped guide us through timelines, what's typical, and what works best. A+ venue with phenomenal staff!

Sent on 06/14/2018
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 12

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2018

The Osprey's was the perfect venue for us, from the beautiful pergola on the water to the helpful team of coordinators. Brooke and Meghan were amazing during the whole process! Brooke handled everything up front, with answering questions about the venue, providing vendor recommendations, and putting our minds at ease when we first signed the contract. Meghan was our day-of coordinator, so she helped with planning logistics, coordinating with our other vendors, and answering all of our questions. Whenever we emailed her, she responded within minutes no matter what time of day it was! She's every bride's dream!

Unfortunately, there was rain in the forecast for our wedding, and two days before, we started to panic because we didn’t plan for any ceremony decorations. They just weren’t needed with the scenic view outside! But with our ceremony likely moving indoors, we needed help with converting the indoor space into the wedding of our dreams. Meghan was clutch at this point, providing decoration ideas and answering tons of questions to calm our nerves!

On the day of, we had three hours prior to decide where the ceremony should be set up. The rain held off all day, but of course, three hours before, it started to pour. Luckily, it stopped just before our first look photos; at which point, Meghan again asked if we wanted to have the ceremony inside or outside. She knew how badly we wanted to say our vows along the water and was willing to adjust if we wanted. With the ground being wet outside, and the inside already decorated, our choice was clear. But we definitely appreciated her flexibility and the option to change at the last minute. Rest assured, the "Plan B" indoor ceremony is a beautiful backup option!

We didn’t have to worry about a single thing during our ceremony and reception; Meghan had everything taken care of. If there were any issues, we certainly didn’t know about it! This venue was the best choice we made for our wedding, besides one another :-)

Sent on 07/09/2018

Donna · Married on 05/26/2018

PERFECT! A 5 Star rating isn't high enough! Meghan and Brooke do an outstanding job, along with the rest of the staff. They deliver what they promise, and more! The setting is beautiful, the price is great, the staff could not be more helpful, considerate, responsive, or flexible. After talking the Meghan and Brooke and meeting them several times, we knew we could relax and enjoy our wedding, care free. They are proactive and make sure everything goes according to plan. The day of our wedding, Meghan was our on site coordinator. She made sure everything was perfect, start to finish. This is the perfect venue for nervous brides on a budget! Because the setting is already beautiful, there's no need to over decorate. The Ospreys did an amazing job and we could not be happier with our choice. We had looked at other venues that cost twice as much, and weren't nearly as nice as The Ospreys. Kudos to this amazing venue!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Kayla · Married on 05/25/2018

For starters, we want to rave about how beautiful the venue is! The Osprey's at Belmont Bay was the perfect place for our wedding day, which was last Friday on May 25, 2018. We loved it, our bridal party and family loved it, and our guests loved it! Brooke Stokes and Krystal Bier are two amazing coordinators who helped make our day fantastic! We were working with Brooke initially but as the wedding date got closer, we worked with Krystal and they're both FABULOUS! They were both quick to respond with any and all questions we had, they were both ready to go on our wedding day. The day of our wedding, Krystal came to me with a big hug and ensured that everything was going to go perfectly...and she was right! Krystal was on top of everything with each and every one of our vendors and made sure everything was exactly what we wanted. We did not feel stressed one bit! We thank the Osprey's crew, especially Krystal for making our day unforgettable! We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Rachael · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I got married here and we could not have asked for a better venue or team of professionals. We had the perfect wedding and everything went off without a hitch. Our wedding coordinator, Meghan Farrar, was incredible and would respond to us within minutes. She was always willing to go the extra mile and was helpful in every way possible. We originally thought our ceremony would have to be inside because of rain, but Meghan arrived early to the venue and walked around in flip flops outside for us to make sure the ground was okay. They were willing to do anything for us to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. The ceremony was so beautiful and the backdrop could was absolutely picture perfect. Our wedding day was everything we dreamed of and we could not recommend the osprey's more!

Sent on 05/22/2018
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 13
  • Z

Zelda · Married on 05/11/2018

We had our wedding at the Osprey’s on 5.11.18 and it was truly amazing! Working with Meghan was such a great experience! She attended to every need and request with such grace and at a level of execution beyond what we ever expected. Meghan truly touched us with the willingness to accommodate my Mother who is terminally ill with ALS. Making arrangements at the last minute to ensure my Mom & Dad were comfortable and help them with their needs was the best gift that we could have ever receive from anyone. Thank you To the crew at Osprey’s and thank you Meghan for making our day truly unforgettable!!!

Sent on 05/21/2018
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 14

Casey · Married on 04/22/2018

What can I say about this place that hasn't already been said? The venue is absolutely beautiful and in such a peaceful place along the river. Our coordinator, Meghan, was phenomenal. She was quick to respond to messages any time of day any day of the week. I really felt at ease with my wedding in their incredibly capable hands. They really made our wedding day perfect.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Alicia · Married on 03/25/2018

I can't rave about The Osprey's at Belmont Bay enough. Brooke was incredible. She was helpful in answering every question I had and was extremely accommodating. Her recommendations were spot on and she kept me from stressing at all the day of. Her entire team is professional, courteous, and amazingly welcoming. The venue itself is gorgeous and has a perfect set up, but it really is the people that make it perfection.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Gloria · Married on 03/17/2018

There are no words to express how accommodating and professional their team was to make our day so special. Highly recommend. If we could, we would give 10 stars.

Sent on 04/25/2018

christina · Married on 03/10/2018

After looking at hundreds of websites of venues, I was getting discouraged because nothing seemed to catch my eye until I found The Osprey's. I am so glad that I did because my husband and I absolutely loved the venue from the time we first toured it. From the time of our first tour, to our wedding day, we ended up going back to The Osprey's 6 times for different reasons, and each time we were able to visit without any problems!

Initially I was working with Brooke but then as the date got closer I began to work closely with Arianna. Let me tell you, both were absolutely wonderful! They both answered many (felt like hundreds) of emails that I constantly kept sending them as I had random questions throughout my planning process. As I'm sure my questions were not the first heard for either of them, I really appreciated how they always made me feel like I was always a priority and that my questions were important.

The day of the wedding, I was somewhat frantic (had a malfunction with my dress and our timeline for our first look was getting too close to when guests were arriving) but Brooke helped fixed my dress, and Arianna made sure that the photographer was on schedule. Our wedding was scheduled for 6pm and my husband and I wanted the wedding outside (the view is just fantastic), but the day of our wedding March 10, the temperature was about 50 degrees. Even though the guests were a tad cold, I'm glad everyone braved the temperature because the pergola and river backdrop were so picturesque. Throughout the night Arianna stayed to make sure everything ran smoothly, and even let us turn the tv on to watch the ACC Championship game (my family is full of die hard Carolina Tarheels fans) so this was much appreciated.

I couldn't be more pleased with how everything turned out and we must have had about 50 compliments on how gorgeous the venue was!

Sent on 03/26/2018
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 15
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 16
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 17

Chanda · Married on 01/27/2018

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay - Brooke, specifically - saved our wedding day! Three months before the wedding date, our previously selected venue stopped communicating. I need to confirm the date and venue in order to get the invitations out! In a panic, I started contacting other local venues that could accommodate our selected date and number of guests. I emailed The Osprey's at 11:30PM on a Friday night. Brooke was emailing me back by 9AM on Saturday morning! She was wonderful and calming, offering to meet with us the next day to tour the venue. From our first meeting, Brooke and her team were upbeat, supportive, and calming. She answered all my questions and offered suggestions. Our wedding was set for an indoor ceremony and reception on January 27. The day arrived, and we were experiencing a rather warm day for January in Virginia (65 degrees). After a brief conversation with Brooke, and another vendor at 10:30 that morning, we moved the ceremony outside, set in the pergola with the beautiful waterfront in the background. Brooke and her team were fabulous on our wedding day; I didn't need to worry about a thing. They had it all under control. She made sure, that as the bride and groom, we were comfortable and happy, while keeping the planned events moving along in an organized fashion. ANd let's not forget, there are so many great photo settings and opportunities at this location - inside, outside, waterfront, marina down the street. We have received sooo many compliments on our wedding - how beautiful it was, how much fun everyone had. We could not be happier! Our wedding day was everything we could have ever wanted....and we owe it all to Brooke and her team at The Osprey's at Belmont Bay!

Sent on 04/10/2018
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 18
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 19

Jessica · Married on 01/26/2018

Jonathan and I had our winter wonderland themed wedding here January 26th 2018. It was a rushed wedding as we originally planned for summer. We found out I was pregnant and due in the summer! Brooke Stokes acted fast! She started from scratch since we had to change from outdoor to indoor, with a completely different theme! She kept such close contact every step of the way and ensured me it was going to be fun and beautiful. It was exactly that and so much more! It felt so beautiful, that it looked like we were planning it for years! I am forever grateful for everything she and her team did to make our day so perfect! I am recommending them to everyone I know! Thank you for such a wonderful experience, love you guys!! If I could give an infinite amount of stars, i would! But I was stopped at 5, lol. They are really awesome, you won’t be disappointed if you choose them!

Sent on 02/10/2018
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 20
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 21
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 22

Kelly · Married on 11/12/2017

We cannot say enough good things about the Osprey and its staff. For various reasons we had difficulties getting a venue for our wedding for over a year. When we came to tour the Osprey we met Brooke and she was fantastic and seemed to be genuinely excited to have our wedding at her venue. Our day of wedding coordinator, Becca, was a terrific help we could not have gotten through the day without her. Friends and family just raved about the venue. It is completely worth your time coming to this venue... you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/21/2017
  • ES2EG

Emily · Married on 11/04/2017

Everyone at The Osprey's is fantastic. Brooke and her team were amazing to work with from day one. She was always responsive to emails and always made us feel welcomed and excited. She has so much experience with weddings and that made it really easy to trust her. On the wedding day, she was prompt, responsive, and remained super calm even when things got stressful and we had to make a literal last minute decision to move our wedding indoors. I will absolutely miss working with Brooke, but have thoroughly enjoyed the year we worked together planning our wedding at the BEAUTIFUL venue of The Osprey's!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Trina · Married on 10/28/2017

Where do I start? Working with Brooke at The Osprey at Belmont Bay was THE MOST delightful experience ever! There was not a time in these short few months of planning my sister's wedding that she did not make us feel like we were her only clients. Her responsiveness, professionalism and guidance really made all the difference for us. I was serving in two roles and concerned how I would be Matron of Honor and planner the day of. Brooke handled and executed everything flawlessly and always kept cool even when we were running behind schedule for the start time. The Osprey venue is beautiful and I know my sister was ecstatic to see the set up outside, the river and all of nature's beauty around her. The event space is everything she had hoped for and I was so pleased with the full execution of the day. Everything went off without a glitch and it was thanks to Brooke and her amazing team! Thank you for such a memorable occasion!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Alexis · Married on 10/20/2017

We had an amazing experience at The Osprey's! The venue takes care of all the details, from day one and are continually over-the-top accommodating to anything you might want or need. We started out with Brooke, but our specific wedding coordinator was Rebecca, and she did an amazing job. We had many last-minute cancellations, as our wedding was on a Friday, and then even a few last-minute additions, and Rebecca had no problem organizing all of the changes, even adding chairs for last-minute guests the night before.

From about 3 weeks before the wedding, I was emailing Rebecca almost every day with questions and last minute additions, but she was so helpful the entire time. It is because of the amazing staff and wedding coordinators The Osprey's has that the wedding went off without a hitch. Rebecca and Brooke made sure all of our questions were answered with a wedding coordination meeting three weeks before the big day and had no problem allowing us to come in and test out decoration ideas and show the venue to our vendors in the weeks and months before the wedding.

The partnership between The Osprey's and Shawn's Catering and BBQ is also highly recommended. We went to an incredible food testing a few weeks after booking the venue, and we were sold on Shawn's from there! Booking with Shawn's was easy and the food was incredible. So many guests told us that the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding, and we even got a free appetizer for booking the catering company early!

All in all, I would say that our wedding at The Osprey's went even better than we could have imagined. Rebecca, Brooke, and all of the staff at the venue made it happen and allowed us to have the wedding of our dreams. If you are looking for a great wedding venue with kind, accommodating staff, a gorgeous view, and an affordable price (relative to Northern Virginia!), I would highly recommend The Osprey's.

Sent on 10/23/2017