The Orpheum Theater Reviews

8 | Madison, WI

8 Reviews for The Orpheum Theater

• Becky

Becky C. · Married on 06/15/2019

Though expensive, worth every penny!

We worked with both Abby and Melissa when Abby went on maternity leave this summer, and both ladies were great to work with! We had a walk-through with Abby when we were still making our decision and then had our final planning meeting a month before our big day and worked on our wedding day with Melissa.

The space itself is unique and absolutely breathtaking. We chose to have our ceremony in the balcony, our cocktails/hors d'oeuvres in the foyer, and our reception in the main theater/orchestra pit. The ambiance in all spaces was so special and added such a cool and unique touch to our wedding. Everyone we talked to couldn't stop RAVING about it! Though a tad on the expensive side, we are so pleased with our decision to have our wedding here.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Helain · Married on 07/01/2018

We are thrilled we held our son's groom's dinner at the Orpheum! The place is historic, unique and Abby the Event Coordinator was wonderful. She was so easy to work with and she is very detailed and responsive. The evening was amazing and we could not have been happier. I would recommend Abby and venue!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Ryan · Married on 01/07/2017

If you are looking for a unique venue, this is it. What is wonderful is you can have an entire evening here and move through different spaces. We had our ceremony in the balcony, cocktail hour in the lobby, and then the reception in the main theater so guests continually got to experience new spaces throughout the evening. The theater is beautifully restored and requires little decoration as you are in such a beautiful space. The staff has great ideas and is very accommodating in trying to make your particular wedding work the way you want and also be unique.

Sent on 02/26/2017

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2016

My husband and I were married at the Orpheum Theatre this past August and it was an absolute dream. I could not have asked for a more romantic, glamorous, unique, and fun venue that was all the more special because of the history that the theater has in Madison. We had our ceremony up on the mezzanine level of the theater, our reception on the main floor in front of the stage, and a cocktail hour held in the lobby. The Event Coordinator, Abby, was very accommodating with allowing my wedding coordinator and I to meet with a variety of vendors on multiple occasions. Additionally, she allowed us to have the decorations delivered the Thursday before the wedding (Saturday) so that we were all ready to go to start setting up on Friday morning. (This might not be the case if there are concerts at the Orpheum in the nights preceding weddings, but we were so grateful that it worked out for us.) There was plenty of space for guests to socialize at the bar, in the theater seating area and on the dance floor--it really felt like an amazing party! The DJ booth was one of the coolest things--our DJ was up there and everyone was chanting his name by the end of the night. Finally, I still can’t get over how incredible it was to see my husband’s and my name up on the marquee the day of our wedding. We were able to take pictures of it at night and they are so magical framed. I highly recommend having your wedding at the Orpheum--especially if you want a unique venue that has character, charm, and beauty.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Bill · Married on 08/18/2018

The Orpheum, and Abby in particular, made the wedding reception preparation and day-of event more stress-free than I could have hoped for. She was accommodating of our requests and flexible with the schedule and preparations. The Orpheum lobby and balcony were ideal for the cocktail reception, and the main floor was a beautiful setting for dinner and dancing. Having the band on the stage in a real theater (and not a hotel ballroom) made it even more special. I couldn't have asked for a better venue experience for our daughter's wedding. Bill C.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Alysa · Married on 06/23/2018

Abby & her staff at the Orpheum were wonderful to work with! They were very patient, never added extra stress, and were flexible with us to make what we wanted out of our wedding a reality. I really appreciated sitting down with Abby to go over all of the details and her recommendations on using some of the Orpheum's chairs for settings in the foyer--she has great recommendations but also knows when to trust the decisions the couple is making. One of my favorite things was that we got to choose text to put on the marquee of the theatre! Her staff was helpful and allowed us to set up a day ahead, which made the day of that much easier.

Sent on 07/18/2018
  • User7199548 · 2+ years ago

Since we got married abroad, my husband and I hosted a post-wedding reception when we returned. I went to college in Madison and have always loved the Orpheum so it was the perfect fit for us. We were a little frustrated in the planning process because we ended up working with 3 different people through the Orpheum (who each took over for a previous employee/company). We had to answer the same questions and explain our plans 3 different times, but in the end everything went smoothly and we were really happy with Abby and the team! It's a beautiful venue and super fun for a wedding.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Natalie · Married on 07/07/2018

I never thought it would be possible (affordable or feasible) to have my dream wedding in a place as amazing as the Orpheum but we did it. Thanks to the help of Abby and the events team. The price was more than I originally budgeted, but it was definitely worth it. I also thought it would be overwhelming setting up such a large, iconic venue, but help of friends and family it turned out just how I pictured. Highly recommend for anyone who loves that classic Hollywood night or just an excuse to dress up and walk the red carpet.

Sent on 07/26/2018