26 Reviews for The Orchard at Caney Creek

Bartender(s) (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
26 The Orchard at Caney Creek Reviews

From the moment we finished our first tour of The Orchard, we knew this was the place! Susan and Jeff were incredible to work with, honest, and very helpful. The Orchard made planning very easy, emailing and calling us throughout the process. Pictures do not do it justice, the property is beyond beautiful! We were so glad we decided to rent the lodging for 2 nights for family and friends. It made the whole experience that much more special, to spend quality time with close friends and family. They were always so quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had, and also gave tips and recommendations that we used to make things easier and run smoother. The food was out of this world and the only problem you will have is deciding what to have on your menu! Our friends and family cannot get over how good everything was, it's great to hear still. Sheridan was amazing as our Wedding Coordinator, she was on top of everything all day, it took a lot of stress off of our shoulders. We really got to enjoy ourselves and did not have to worry about anything that needed to be done. We just loved every single minute of our wedding, everything was perfect! I can't stop day dreaming about our fairy tale wedding that finally became a reality!

Profile Picture Grizelda, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, In-House Catering, Set Up

Where to begin!? The Smith family is BEYOND amazing!! We chose this venue for our wedding and couldn't be happier about that decision! Both the bride and groom's families are from out of state, so we elected to rent the entire venue for the weekend and allow immediate family and bridal party to stay on site with us! The staff was exceedingly flexibly with any request we had that allowed us to maximize our time with traveling guests! They're professional, timely, personable, proficient, flexible, and have an obvious passion for making the couple's day stress-free and memorable! In a heartbeat, I'd recommend The Orchard at Caney Creek & Two Forks Catering (also coordinated by the Smith family) to any couple!! The food was AMAZING!!! As a matter of fact, one of our guests who is pretty well traveled and has experienced fine around the world was even raving about the beef served!! We truly cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We searched for a place to renew our vows and finally have the wedding we didn't get the chance to have 15 years ago. We called around a few different place but The Orchard at Caney Creek was the first and only place we visited. As soon as we drove up the property we fell in love! To top it all off the staff is so friendly and are quick to treat you like family and made us feel so welcome. We never felt any pressure from them and really felt like they were there to help us make the best of our day. The day of coordinator was my lifesaver and allowed us all to enjoy our day without worrying about what we needed to do next. She stayed on top of things and running so smoothly. Thank you all The Orchard at Caney Creek for everything. We hope to be guests soon!!!

Profile Picture Blanca, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It is difficult to even begin to express what a special place The Orchard at Caney Creek is - the beautiful location (even better than the pictures), the exceptional people from the owners Susan & Jeff Smith who personally hosted the event and treated us like honored guests in their home to their staff/servers who were so professional and helpful (several guests in the hospitality industry remarked on the wonderful service), to the unbelievably delicious and plentiful food and excellent bar service. I haven't even mentioned the wonderful accommodations on-site - if it works with your plans definitely plan on staying on-site. We arrived Friday afternoon and had our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on-site and the entire wedding party and immediate families stayed the night in the beautiful, homey accommodations - plenty of towels, linens, shampoo, conditioner, coffee, etc. The wedding party proceeded to party well into the evening - enjoying the large fire pit and Adirondack chairs out on the patio area, pool table, big screen TV, etc. On Saturday morning, everyone enjoyed a big breakfast that we cooked ourselves on-site (everything you need to cook - serving dishes, platters, dishes, flatware, glasses, full size appliances) and then preparations began. We had several of the groomsmen fishing in the creek, tossing the football around in the orchard, watching the games on the big screen TV (and recovering from the evening before). Susan & Jeff could not have been more accommodating (Jeff even ordered the UFC fight for the after party Saturday night and even joined us to catch a few rounds!) Many of out guests questioned the location (Wharton ??? what the he**) but when they saw it they understood the appeal - dancing on the deck under the stars (and the beautiful café lights gracing the deck), enjoying a s'more around the cozy stone fire pit, strolling down to the softly lit gazebo for a private moment - it was magical. I would say more but space prohibits me.

Profile Picture Miranda, 11/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Liability Insurance, Set Up

Everything was perfect for our special day!! They were so accommodating and sweet and helpful. The food was AMAZING and we could not have asked for a more beautiful location. All of our guests reported back that they had the best weekend staying there. Two thumbs up and 5 stars!!!

Profile Picture Monica, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

If I ever had to have another wedding (god forbid!) I would want to do it at the Orchard at Caney Creek! The Venue is beautiful and the owners and their staff are beyond helpful. When the weather was being uncooperative, I was emailing Susan (one of the owners) multiple times per day, and always received a quick, helpful, and patient response. So much of what made the wedding wonderful was knowing that we were being taken care of. Plus, having accommodations onsite that you can use makes it a no-brainer! We love this place!!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I knew we didn't want to get married or celebrate in a church or hotel ballroom, but we didn't know what we DID want -- until we visited the Orchard. It's obviously a bit of a drive, but the venue itself is easy to get to off the highway, and we fell in love with the 100-year-old pecan trees that define the property. What really sold us was that Susan had an answer for every logistical question we had, including the all-important rain plan. We knew we wanted to be married outside under the ceremony tree, but as our wedding day drew closer and the forecast worsened, we were so glad we were in Susan's capable hands. She helped our wedding party rehearse both our ideal outdoor option and our rainy-day option; fortunately, the weather cleared just in time. The food, which the Orchard provided, was great, and we appreciated that Susan and Jeff provided a vegan entree for our vegan guests. Additionally, unlike other venues we considered, the Orchard has a space for the groom and groomsmen to hang out in before the ceremony, as well as a separate space for the bride and bridesmaids.

Susan and Jeff were so great to work with and had a wealth of knowledge and experience that helped us immensely. Several of our guests told us it was the most beautiful wedding they'd attended. We're so glad we had our wedding at the Orchard.

Profile Picture Chris, 5/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We visited 6 venues, and found The Orchard at Caney Creek to be the perfect fit for us. We wanted a venue for both the wedding ceremony and the reception. OCC works with a package structure pricing, which I thought was wonderful - there weren't hidden fees, the pricing included the indoor/outdoor venue, the linens, all tableware and the catering. We had looked at a few places that were venue only, where you bring (and have to do-it-all-yourself) your own tableware and food, and found this to be a much better value, and much less work. Plus, this made it much easier to plan and manage our budget. OCC allows for you to bring your own decorations, so you can create as formal or casual an ambience as you prefer.

The outdoor space under the 'wedding tree' provided a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony, comfortably seating 140 guests. The reception space incorporates an indoor and outdoor combo which worked wonderfully to accommodate those who wanted a quieter area available after dinner. And the outdoor deck was spacious and perfect for lots of dancing and mingling. Many of our guests raved about the wonderful venue and how perfect the setting was.

The OCC staff was phenomenal. They made the whole process so enjoyable. Susan (the owner) had lots of hints and experience to share that eased my mind, and helped by answering my millions of questions. They manage the entire pre-event and day-of very professionally and smoothly. It was amazing how they took the stress off, so I could really relax and enjoy the special day.

We were extremely pleased with the way entire wedding day turned out. There was even a concern about weather, but they had a Plan B available that eased my mind. Luckily the weather turned out to be beautiful, and with this venue, we had a fantastic day, beautiful photos and memories to last a lifetime!

Thanks to everyone at The Orchard at Caney Creek!
Sherrie

Profile Picture Sherrie, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is amazing! From the owners, to the staff, to the onsite lodging. Jeff and Susan Smith were remarkable to work with. They saw our vision and helped us to achieve it on that very special day. Because we rented all of the onsite lodging we were able to host an after party, which was a hit by all our guests. Not only did the bride and groom get to visit with the guests more, but the guests did not feel rushed to leave. I highly recommend staying onsite if possible. We were there from Friday-Sunday and it felt like a family reunion. Everyone pitched in to help set up and that left us a lot of family visiting time.
I highly recommend for a romantic/beautiful outdoor wedding ....this is YOUR VENUE.

Profile Picture KIM, 3/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wedding venue of my dreams! The tree-lined driveway is breath-taking, and even more so during the evening when the trees are lit up. As a Texan, I really appreciated the historical significance of the venue, with the property including a home that was one of the first deeded lands in Texas. I knew having an outdoor wedding during March was risky, but even without their full lusciousness, the pecan trees provided a striking, beautiful background for photographs. During the ceremony, birds were chirping very sweetly, adding to the serene outdoor setting. It may sound cliche, but it really felt like a fairy tale. Some guests even asked if the birds singing were from a CD! We worked most closely with Susan and Jeff, and they were so down-to-earth and easy to talk to that it made the entire planning process a breeze. It was very clear that they wanted to do everything in their power to make sure we had exactly what we wanted, and when we had some timing issues, they were so flexible and accommodating. Everyone was kind and professional, and the food was incredible! Perfectly cooked and very fresh! My family STILL talks about the delicious food! We could not have asked for more! The price may seem high at first glance, but for the experience you get, it is a tremendous value, especially compared to many other venues in Houston. The Orchard at Caney Creek really knows how to host a wedding!

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Orchard at Caney Creek (OCC) was an awesome venue. Jeff and Susan were great to work with and laid all the details out to make planning and decision making for us easy. We had some unique plans for our wedding and reception and the OCC was open to them all. The venue itself is amazing - we looked at several potential sites but after seeing the OCC the decision was made. It is beautiful, peaceful, scenic, can accommodate your wedding ceremony, reception, has on-site lodging as well as being just a few minutes away from hotels. Check out their website but the pictures and descriptions don't do it justice - you have to see it in person. Great food, great service, great venue - I would recommend it to anyone!

Profile Picture Stephen, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Big THANKS to Susan, Jeff and Sandy for an amazing experience!! You were all so kind, patient, accommodating and helpful from the 1st visit to the last bit of pickup! It made what can be a very stressful time so much easier! Your property, the staff, the food, the accommodations were top notch! We stayed for the weekend and it was well worth the price! We highly recommend this venue and the people that own it! Our daughter's wedding was just fabulous and we thank you for your part in that journey! Kindest regards, Pam and Greg L.

Profile Picture User4460535, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Orchard at Caney Creek was a perfect location to celebrate our son & new daughter-in-law's wedding. We had the entire place reserved and our family started arriving on Friday afternoon. Susan, Sandy & Jeff went above and beyond to help us get settled and begin to set up for the rehearsal dinner. The next day was the same. They were very accommodating, the food at both meals was delicious and overall it was wedding to remember. Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Connie, 9/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my wedding at the Orchard at Caney Creek in May 2014. It was the absolute perfect wedding weekend. From our Friday night rehearsal dinner to the Sunday morning brunch with family, everything was perfect. I cannot thank the staff enough for all their work to make my special day beyond my dreams. Their attention to detail and honesty throughout the entire process was what made everything go so smoothly. Even two months after our wedding, I am still hearing compliments about how wonderful everything was and how truly beautiful it is out at the Orchard from some of my guests. I could not agree more! I HIGHLY recommend the Orchard at Caney Creek for your wedding or private event.

Profile Picture Claire , 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Susan and Jeff were WONDERFUL to work with. They were our first visit and they were super honest and helpful, to the extent of making sure we ask other venues specific questions/ hidden fees. We could not find another venue more helpful than they were to us from the initial visit. Their prices were very reasonable and included many things that other venues did not. Food was spectacular! They were very responsive to emails, calls, and texts. Food selection was great! They answered many questions that we had and made sure we thought about rain-plans (which we ended up having to do, but turned out spectacular). They had housing accommodations for us/ guests if we wanted to stay the night (we did not end up using them, but having the option there was great).

The competitive cost covered the bar--additional perks! Overall, very great venue and couple to work with!

Profile Picture Anne Paul, 3/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Orchard at Caney Creek is a wonderful wedding venue! Catering and full bar are included in the cost which makes planning a little easier for everyone. The food is great and the Smith family is an absolute pleasure to work with - they took great care of us! We highly recommend the Orchard for any event that you may want an outdoor/rustic setting for.

Profile Picture Katie, 4/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My friends and I stayed at The Orchard at Caney Creek to celebrate a 50th birthday. We arrived after dark and were greeted by an amazing canopy of lighted trees---straight out of a fairy tale. The Orchard House was cozy, cute, and well-appointed. I keep thinking of events we could have there so we can return! Thank you, Sandy, for being a wonderful host!

Profile Picture Jane, 1/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This place is AMAZING! We searched all over Texas to find the perfect place to have a nice outdoor wedding where our friends & family could come, relax, have a good time & celebrate, & The Orchard was perfect! For the price, you can't beat it. Believe me, I tried! They take care of everything you need with the exception of decorations, but Susan is great at giving you suggestions & offering her opinions. They are very upfront & honest with you from the beginning. There are no hidden fees & nothing is a scam. You get more than you pay for. Jeff & Susan really care about their couples & honestly want them to have the perfect wedding. The food is amazing! I was skeptical when I looked at the menu because I had my own ideas. However, we tasted the things that I thought I wouldn't like & I was in LOVE! We also had the rehearsal dinner here. We almost chose to have it somewhere else because I didn't want people to see the venue before the big day, but you couldn't even tell it was the same place because it was totally different food & totally different decorations. The Orchard is beautiful. You honestly can't beat the views! It is the perfect place for a country/outdoor/rustic wedding. The pictures seem like they are right out of a landscaping book. You don't even need to decorate that much because the surroundings are beautiful. There are so many options here! You can just have the reception here or you can have the whole thing here - from rehearsal to reception! There are numerous locations to have the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and the reception. I HIGHLY recommend staying in the houses available. They are clean & onsite. They are cheaper than a hotel for sure. We had a huge wedding 250 people & 26 in the wedding party. The wedding party stayed on sight as well as our immediate family. The other guests stayed at the hotels close by. The Holiday Inn is only a mile from the Orchard. They made our wedding memorable & just perfect!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is amazing it made our wedding a dream come true! The people we worked with were so wonderful and helpful! All of our guests could not stop talking about how beautfiul The Orchard At Caney Creek is!! We would reccomend it to everyone!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Orchard of Caney Creek is a beautfiul venue! The proprietors and staff are wonderful and very accommodating. Because of their close attention to detail, delicious food, and extroidinary customer service, our daughter's wedding was a night to remember. The staff at The Orchard of Caney Creek provide very personal service and by the end of the event, you feel as if they are family. In addition to the wedding, they provided a lovely brunch and accommodations for our family and close friends. Everyone loved the setting, accommodations and food! Our family highly recommends The Orchard of Caney Creek for your event.
Joe and Karla Yielding

Profile Picture Karla, 10/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the end of May at The Orchard at Caney Creek. It was a wonderful experience. From the first visit, we knew it was the place for us. The venue is beautiful, and in May the trees are in full bloom, providing a relaxing and lush atmosphere. Susan, Jeff, and Sheridan were so helpful and warm. They made us feel welcome and put our minds at ease about everything. Sheridan was also our day of coordinator, and everything went smoothly. The food was delicious, too! Because all of our family and friends were flying in from out of town, we also reserved all four of the on-site accommodations. Our friends and family loved them. It was so special to be able to have everyone on-site. If you are looking for a relaxed, outdoor venue, with a family who really cares about your experience and wedding as well, The Orchard at Caney Creek is for you. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Holly, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sandy and Jeff and everyone else at the Orchards THANK YOU so much for making my wedding the wedding of my dreams. All my guests thought the venue was so beautiful! Sandy thank you for being there to answer all my questions when I called. I know a few my friends are now interested in having their weddings at the orchards!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies

Everything delivered as promised. Staff very flexible and kind.

Profile Picture User5070700, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married here last April, and we only have amazing things to say about our experience at The Orchard. We really liked that the food, tables and linens, and drinks were all included with this venue. Having those things taken care of by the individuals there really helped make things go smoother for the rest of the planning process. They also suggested trusted vendors for a tent company, and helped collaborate with them for the set up and pick up for the tent we had rented for our guests.

We didn't need a whole lot of decorations since the reception was outside, and that was a fact that made things beautiful with minimal effort. We just moved our flowers from the church where the ceremony was, to the deck on the water here, and that made the venue dress up a bit.

In conclusion, The Orchard at Caney Creek is amazing! After it was all said and done, I would choose to have our reception here again and again! The staff was amazing and very helpful. They helped answer all of our questions and thought of things that hadn't occurred to us. I felt confident that our reception would be successful while planning our event here, and I was right!

Profile Picture Hannah, 4/13/13, 1 Review