The One Bridal Salon Reviews

42 | Charlottesville, VA

42 Reviews for The One Bridal Salon

• Emma

Emma Trentanove · Getting married on 11/12/2021

Great little bridal shop!

Peggie provided great customer service and made me feel extremely comfortable during a difficult time of trying on dresses during COVID. The store is beautiful with a great selection of dresses.

Sent on 12/16/2020

The One Bridal Salon's reply:

Thanks Emma for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!
    SO happy to have been a part of your dress shopping experience and even happier that you found 'the one"!

Ashley Milligan · Getting married on 10/04/2021

Amazing and fun experience!

I really enjoyed my experience working with Peggie and The One Bridal Salon! Due to restrictions with Covid-19, Peggie and I chatted via Zoom for approximately 45 minutes a few days before my appointment so she could get a sense of my budget, style, likes, and dislikes. At the actual appointment, Peggie clearly listened to what I liked/disliked about each dress and pulled gorgeous dresses for me that I do not think I would have picked out for myself! Additionally, Peggie's protocols for Covid-19 (hand sanitizing, allowing time to clean between appointments, etc.) made me feel safe and comfortable shopping. It was so nice having her kindness and expertise to help me pick out my perfect dress - I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/29/2020

Ashley,
    So appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review. We love our Zoom chats as its a great way to get to know each other. I am glad that you felt safe and I am even happier that you found "the one!".
  • Stacey

Stacey Hahn · Getting married on 09/18/2021

Such an amazing shop! Love my dress :)

I kept checking multiple wedding shops across a lot of different places, but Peggie's shop "The One" was ultimately the place where I found my wedding dress! Peggie was super responsive when I requested an appointment, and was very helpful in understanding my preferences/taste and guiding me to dresses that fit that vision within my budget. I'd definitely recommend checking out their website first before going in to make sure it fits your style/budget (they do a good job with cataloguing the dresses they have and giving price ranges for different designers). I'd highly recommend this to any bride looking for dresses, especially in the Charlottesville area!

Sent on 11/19/2020

The One Bridal Salon's reply:

Stacey thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words about our shop and your experience. It is always a pleasure when we can help a bride find 'the one".

Kaitlin Nikiforov · Getting married on 09/18/2021

The perfect, intimate bridal shop

I went to The One, and found “the one”! My experience was unique—I chose a beautiful dress after trying on a variety that I had picked out, as well as ones chosen by Peggie. When I got home, I realized there was a dress I had seen a picture of prior to the appointment, but didn’t try on! I couldn’t stop thinking about that dress—I emailed Peggie (thankfully she had not yet placed the order) and she was so gracious to invite me back to try it on. She said the most important rule for her is that the bride loves the dress, with no doubts. On top of this, amid the pandemic, Peggie has made the process of trying on dresses extremely efficient and safe for everyone. I am so thankful for my experience at this shop — not to mention, the dresses are stunning!

Sent on 01/21/2021

Kaitlin,
    Thank you for your kind review, if it takes two visits to find "the one" then that is the exact right number! So glad you found it at our shop.
  • Madison

Madison Howdyshell · Getting married on 05/22/2021

A brides dream

The One Bridal Salon was above and beyond my expectations!! My mom and I were blown away with the shop and customer service. My experience
    was, by far, my favorite and made me feel so so special (the way a bride should)! I adored how they made my appointment all about me and valued how I felt. I loved that there was no distractions of other brides. It was also amazing how open minded they were with my dress vision. I first thought I wanted one style and left with a completely different style and not once did the staff make me feel bad for not being certain about what I wanted.

Ultimately I can't speak highly enough about Peggy and her boutique, and I am going to continue to rave about her sweet boutique to all my friends!! It was so special to me during my wedding planning process.

Sent on 07/30/2020

The One Bridal Salon's reply:

It was our pleasure to work with you and your mom and so glad that you enjoyed the experience. So appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

• Katie

Katie · Getting married on 05/15/2021

Thank you for the wonderful experience!

I live in Texas but knew that I wanted to go dress shopping with my family in Virginia. I had scheduled my appointment with Peggie early in 2020 prior to COVID-19, so I was concerned with how the appointment would look given the circumstances. Prior to my trip, Peggie held a Zoom call with me to get an idea of what I was looking for and how I wanted to look and feel on my wedding day. She suggested a few dresses that fit into my vision, as well as a few that were different and a little out of my comfort zone. When I got to the salon, all the dresses we had discussed were ready for me to try on. This was my first time trying on dresses, and I didn't expect to purchase anything on my first trip. So imagine my surprise when I tried on my second dress (second!) and I knew that there was something different and special about it. It was one of those out-of-my-comfort-zone dresses that Peggie had suggested trying on, and I fell in love immediately. I loved working with Peggie and was so happy that she encouraged me to broaden my horizons on dress styles. The shop is small but has a beautiful and diverse dress selection. Thank you to Peggie for the wonderful shopping experience and for helping me find the one!

Sent on 07/05/2020

Katie,
    So glad you come all the way from Texas, so glad you got to have all the important people with you (either physically or via face-time). so glad you tried on something different and so happy that you found the one! Also so grateful that you took the time to write so a wonderful review.

Essence Smith · Getting married on 05/07/2021

The unexpected one

Truly elated of the professionalism. Peggie called me prior to appointment to get my sense of style and she was pretty spot on with the wonderful dresses pulled at time of appointment. The dresses she has are all beautiful! This being my 1st and only time looking at dresses, I was truly expecting to look at other bridal boutiques, but I found the one...and I couldn't be more excited.

Sent on 07/10/2020

Essence,
    I am excited for you! You will look stunning on your special day!
    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the salon.

Kim Mckay · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Peggie and The One Bridal Salon is AMAZING

Peggie is absolutely wonderful! She made the finding my wedding dress an experience despite all the current restriction due to COVID. She took the time to set up a pre-meeting for me, and had dresses ready to go at the start of my appointment. She truly cares about her clients, and you know you are a priority for her.

Sent on 12/01/2020

Kim,
    It was so much fun for us having you and your family in the shop! Happy that you found "the one" and appreciative of you taking the time to write a review!
  • Rachael

Rachael Lee · Getting married on 05/02/2021

So happy with the process

Peggie helped me (a potentially over-opinionated bride) find the perfect dress. She was very patient with me even after I turned down probably 9 options and ended up finding me the perfect dress under my budget! . They have great COVID precautions in place and have already gotten me a ship date for my dress literally the next day. I definitely recommend The One Bridal Salon.

Sent on 09/25/2020

Jenni Hall · Married on 01/09/2021

Wonderful Staff, Stunning Store, and Perfect Intimate Experience

This salon was the absolute perfect dream for anyone looking for a wedding dress! I originally had an appointment scheduled for March and, when COVID-19 rolled around, all wedding dress shopping was put on hold. When The One Bridal Salon opened again for appointments, Peggie was so accommodating and even set up a video call consultation before I came in. She took careful time to explain all the protective measure they were taking. I arrived and they already had several dresses ready for me to try on. It was just my mom, sister, and I in the store with Peggie and her assistant, it made the whole experience feel so special and exclusive. I came in with one idea and ended up with something completely different! Peggie helped me find exactly what I wanted even when I didn't know what it was I was looking for. She really listened to my vision and helped find something that matched. When I finally decided that it was THE ONE, Peggie told me after that she could tell right away cause my face lit up! The whole experience was an absolute dream. Perfect shop, gorgeous dresses with a nice variety and all wonderful quality, and AMAZING STAFF!

Sent on 06/17/2020

Jenni,
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet review of the store and your experience. As our first bride to come in post Covid-19 shut down and to have found your dress, you will always hold a special spot in our hearts. Thank you for helping us to feel hopeful again!
  • Megan

Megan Marrah · Married on 11/21/2020

This place was absolutely amazing!

I was so clueless when I walked into the One bridal to find my dress. I honestly wasn’t expecting to find one that day! They were so kind and caring and picked out 7 dresses that thought I may want to start with based of what I told them I liked. We were the only people in the store so all attention was to me and they were so helpful! I thought I would be so stressed but I was calm and enjoying the moment and ended up finding a dress that literally had me crying! I’m so thankful for this store and I highly recommend it! I traveled all the way from Columbia, SC just to see this place for myself! Thank you The One Bridal for helping me find my dream dress stress free and with ease!

Sent on 01/28/2020

Hi Megan,
    It was our pleasure to work with such a fun group who had traveled such a distance so all the important people could be there, finding the perfect dress, just icing on the cake!
    Thank and best to you!
    Peggie and Kaitlin

Becca Pryor · Married on 11/07/2020

Lovely experience! Thank you Peggy!

Peggy is a blessing and a lifesaver! I initially bought a dress from another shop and after a mishap with the cleaners, found myself in need of a new gown. I messaged Peggy and she immediately got back to me-- agreeing to see me for an appointment the next morning. Trying on dresses was a breath of fresh-air, relaxing, and all around wonderful. I found a new gown that I love and Peggy made what could have been a stressful experience of finding a new dress relaxing and enjoyable. (almost wish that I need another dress just so that I can go back!) 10/10!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Becca,
    Always happy to help and glad that you found such a perfect dress to replace the other. You will look amazing in your Jenny Yoo gown!
    All the best,

Tracey Johnson · Married on 10/31/2020

Amazing experience

Trying on dresses at The One Bridal Salon was, no joke, one of the best, if not the best, retail experiences I've ever had. My parents and I were stopping in Charlottesville for lunch on our way to northern VA when we stumbled across Peggie's gorgeous salon. Although it was known I probably wouldnt buy anything because it was my first time trying on dresses (!!!) and because we were about to catch a train in an hour. Peggie was so sweet, whereas other salespeople might have been rude or rushed us out. She had an hour until her next appointment and we tried on around 5-6 dresses-- all very different styles to help me get an idea of what I liked. She made me so comfortable and even more excited for my big day. I don't know how my future appointments will even hold a candle to this experience. If you are in or around the Charlottesville area, THIS is the place to go. AWESOME selection and Peggie has a great eye for what looks good on you. Thanks again!

Sent on 10/11/2019

Tracey,
    So glad you "stumbled" in to the salon and it was fun to show you a few different dresses and styles. I loved how your dad just settled in on the couch( I think he has been shopping with you and your mom before). Enjoy all the wedding planning and choosing the dress that makes your feel beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

Andrea Yuly · Married on 10/25/2020

Amazing! 5 stars :)

I had a great experience finding my wedding dress with Peggie! There were a ton of beautiful options that fit nicely with what I had envisioned for my dress and the salon itself was absolutely beautiful. Peggie was incredibly professional, attentive, and insightful. The personalized appointment made me feel extra special and valued (I NEVER felt rushed or as if my opinions were ignored!). She was also kind enough to let me try on a variety of veils and belts as well.My sisters, mom, and I left feeling wonderful! :) Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Andrea,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at the salon. You and your family were so fun to work with (they definitely had your back). You will look amazing on your big day!

Brittany Daliege · Married on 10/24/2020

Fantastic Experience

I had a wonderful experience at Peggie's shop last weekend. She was very accommodating throughout the entire process! Her store is gorgeous and she was so knowledgeable about all the wedding dresses. I would 10/10 recommend!!

Sent on 09/13/2020

The One Bridal Salon's reply:

Just so glad we were able to find your perfect dress and get it to you with time to spare!
    It was my pleasure!

P
  • Lauren

Lauren Stokes · Married on 10/10/2020

Wonderful service, lovely selection!

Peggie and her store are absolute gems! I had been dress shopping at SEVERAL other stores in the Richmond/Charlottesville area and was starting to feel overwhelmed by the process. My dad and I stumbled across Peggie's store and she was able to accommodate us with an appointment the next day. From the minute we walked in, the service was excellent. The store is clean, bright and nicely decorated. We also appreciated that she only allows 1 party at a time. Peggie listened to what I wanted and our budget then was able to recommend some gorgeous dresses accordingly. I ended up choosing something Peggie suggested that I wouldn't have picked for myself but I just fell in love. The store has a great selection of beautiful dresses that I didn't see anywhere else which made my dress seem even more special. I would HIGHLY recommend for any brides in the area or otherwise. Thank you, Peggie!

Sent on 01/26/2020

Lauren,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I truly enjoyed working with you and your family and so glad to have helped you find "the one"!.

Bre Hostetter · Married on 10/03/2020

Flexible and Fabulous!

I had a fairly (very) tight budget for my wedding dress, so I was worried that dress shopping would be a bit of a nightmare. However, Peggie made the whole experience so wonderful. She met virtually with me beforehand to figure out what styles I liked and what would realistically fit in my budget, which made the appointment itself run so smoothly. I couldn't believe how easy it was to say yes to the dress here! She found the perfect dress for me- both elegant and relaxed, which fit our farm wedding so well! Could not recommend her enough!!

Sent on 11/10/2020

Breanna,
    The smile on your face, while wearing your dress on your wedding day, was thanks enough! So glad I was able to help you find such a special dress.
    All the best,
  • Kelly

Kelly Coleman · Married on 08/15/2020

This was the best experience overall for me!

I had such a wonderful experience at this lovely bridal shop! The staff was so helpful and even accommodated me through their lunch break so that I was able to share my perfect dress with my mom and order it! I had originally looked at dresses on Friday and even though they were booked on Saturday, they gave up their personal time to allow me to bring my mother back in to see the dress on me. They have a beautiful selection of dresses and I would highly recommend this bridal shop to anyone looking to find your perfect dress! So thankful to these ladies for all of their help and compassion!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Kelly,
    You made our job super easy as you knew exactly what you were looking for in your dress. I am just glad that we had it!
    You will look beautiful in your Pronovias gown on your big day!
    Congratulations!

Candace · Married on 07/11/2020

10/10 would recommend!!!

Both Peggie and her salon are wonderful! Even before my first appointment Peggie was very responsive to my emails. As soon as we arrived, she ensured that my family and I felt welcome and confident in what the experience was going to be like (offering us water, explaining the appointment, building rapport, etc.). When it came to the actual dresses, Peggie had a great eye and was also able to work with my budget. She was also incredibly kind (and patient!) as she let me try on the one several times with the belt and veil each time! My family is still talking not only about the dress but how wonderful of an experience it was as the only group in the salon working with Peggie at one time! I could keep rambling on about how great she is, but I really just encourage you to reach out and make an appointment! 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Candace,
    Thank you for your kind words and recommendation! I enjoy every minute of what I do and when I can help a bride find the dress that makes her feel special, she be able to try it on as many times as she wants. I know you will look beautiful in your gown, belt and veil and can't wait to see!
  • Cait

Cait Wieland · Married on 06/15/2020

Wonderful experience!

Peggie was great to work with from the moment I contacted her and proceeded to mix up and make a mess of the two appointments I was trying to schedule at two different bridal salons on the same day. She was flexible and patient and worked with me until I could iron everything out. Once at the appointment, she really listened to what I said I wanted (which was also not clear and all over the place in terms of a solid vision) and chose some beautiful dresses for me to try on. Her store is pristine and beautiful and it is clear she takes a lot of pride in keeping it that way to make her brides’ experience that much more special. She also had a ton of dresses to chose from in the modest budget I was working with, something I thought would limit my options but didn’t at all. Overall, the experience was perfect and Peggie was so instrumental in helping me find my perfect dress without any pressure or stress along the way. I would recommend her store and services to any bride in Charlottesville and beyond. :)

Sent on 01/26/2020

Hi Cait,
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your experience. It was a pleasure working with you and your daughter was such a capable assistant, it make my job so much easier.
  • Jessica

Jessica Hogan · Married on 05/30/2020

Very Satisfied

I went to One Bridal Salon for a fitting and found the perfect dress, the owner was very friendly and professional. I liked that she was patient with me and asked me detailed question to learn more about what I was thinking so she knew what to suggest. She also was honest about what would work for my wedding venue and what might not fit the scene. I appreciated that advice. Her salon was also beautiful and i felt very comfortable and glamorous while trying on dresses. I would definitely recommend this salon.

Sent on 12/29/2019

The One Bridal Salon's reply:

It was my pleasure, and so happy that you found such a "fun" dress, it suits you perfectly and you will look beautiful on your big day!

• Susannah

Susannah Import · Married on 05/02/2020

Wonderful experience at The One Bridal Salon!

Peggie at The One Bridal Salon was wonderful to work with! She was so responsive via email and very kind and flexible when I asked to change the appointment I'd made to a different weekend. I had quite a crew of ladies come with me, and she was so accommodating for the large group and made the whole experience fun, relaxing, and dreamy. She listened to what styles I liked and didn't like, and found me my dream dress - the first one I tried on! The selection of dresses was great. The stars aligned and I thank Peggie at The One Bridal Salon for making my dreams come true!! I would absolutely recommend The One Bridal Salon to any brides out there, local to Charlottesville or not!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Susannah,
    It was such a fun group of friends and family and it was so clear that everyone just wanted you to be happy and find that dream dress.
    So glad that you did! It was my pleasure to be a part of it all!

Meghan Mciver · Married on 02/09/2020

Amazing work!

I wanted to wear my mother's wedding dress to my own wedding. Anna took my mothers dress apart and completely remade it! It is absolutely amazing! Peggie and Anna make a wonderful team and I am so happy I went to them.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Meghan,
    Thank you so much for your kind words, it was our pleasure helping you transform your mother's wedding dress into your own! You will look so beautiful on your wedding day in Maine!. We will miss your visits to the store.
    Peggie and Anna

Caroline · Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect Experience! Just as I had hoped it would be

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience finding my dress at The One Bridal Salon! Highly recommend! Peggie was so accommodating and wonderful to work with. The first dress I tried on was "the one" and she was the one who suggested I try it on! Our whole day was so enjoyable and I never felt rushed or pressured.

Sent on 02/23/2019

The One Bridal Salon's reply:

You and your family and best friend were so much fun, I enjoyed every minute and the fact that you found the perfect dress, bonus!
    Thank you for writing such a lovely review!