The Old Blue Rooster Event Center Reviews

27 | Lithopolis, OH

27 Reviews for The Old Blue Rooster Event Center

Terra Wynkool · Married on 06/21/2020

Wonderful Venue

It was perfect for my daughter’s bridal shower. The Lodge is beautiful and the staff is amazing and very accommodating. We will use this venue in the future!

Sent on 07/15/2020

Julie Mainella · Married on 11/24/2019

Wedding and reception

The Old Blue Rooster Barn is a wonderful place to have a wedding and reception. We had our son’s reception there 3 years ago and my daughter’s wedding and reception in November. Lorraine and her team are absolutely awesome. The venue is beautiful inside and outside. I would highly recommend The Barn for any of your party needs.

Sent on 12/09/2019

Kayla Huddleston · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing Experience!

Our wedding was nothing short of perfect. Lorraine was very personable and so kind. She was very flexible and willing to work with us. She had many different options for brides with any budget. The venue was absolutely beautiful. I couldn’t have asked for more!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Annie

Annie Kreischer · Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing Venue!

We loved having our wedding at The Old Blue Rooster- The Barn. It was beautiful, just the right amount of space, close to many hotels in the area, and has a separate ceremony location. Lorraine was amazing to work with and everyone on staff helped make our day the best! We had many compliments about the location and highly recommend The Old Blue Rooster to anyone looking for a magical venue!

Sent on 10/30/2019

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center's reply:

Thanks so much Annie! You all were wonderful to work with and had a gorgeous day! We wish you both the very best!
  • Nicole

Nicole Garrett · Married on 09/01/2019

Wedding ceremony

The Barn at the Old Blue Rooster was one of kind and beautiful! Lorraine was amazing and so helpful!! The outdoor space for the ceremony was everything we hoped for and the bridal lodge was so perfect for all of us girls to get ready!

Sent on 10/06/2019

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center's reply:

Thank you Nicole! You guys had such a fun wedding and everything was perfect! Congratulations and best of luck to you guys!

Katie Puccetti · Married on 08/31/2019

I had the wedding of my dreams at this venue!

My wedding here was better than I ever could have imagined! The space is just beautiful and the staff were so accommodating. I highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 09/16/2019

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center's reply:

Thank you Katie! You had such a beautiful wedding, picture perfect! Good luck on your new adventures, wish with you all the best!
  • Amber

Amber Warren · Married on 08/24/2019

Simply beautiful!

You really can't go wrong with either location at Old Blue Rooster. They are both amazingly beautiful and the staff is great to work with. During the planning process, I had a lot of questions and Lorraine was more than happy to keep me on track not only with my budget, but with what I would need the day of. Even things I never would have thought of! Jessica was with me the day of and was so helpful if I need anything. Overall- We are completely satisfied with the entire process but especially our day! We couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Sent on 09/13/2019

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much Amber! It was a pleasure working with you over the months. So happy for you two, congratulations!
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Roberts · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing!!!

We are so thankful we had at our wedding and reception at The Old Blue Rooster: The Shelter House! Lorraine and Jessica were so kind, flexible, and organized. Everything was beautiful and perfect, and I would definitely recommend having your wedding here! The scenery was gorgeous, there was plenty of space, and the staff was amazing. All of our vendors had plenty of space, there were plenty of tables for our guests and food and vendors. They had linens on site to be rented as well as a drink trough, a drink stand with plenty of drinks and ice, and beautiful decor like a hoop for greenery. I am so pleased!

Sent on 07/03/2019

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center's reply:

Thanks Kelsey + Jeramiah! You are all too kind and it really makes us love what we do! You had a such a beautiful day. Thanks again!

Katherine · Married on 06/21/2019

Wonderful Staff. Beautiful Venue.

Lorraine provided us with EXCELLENT service, she was extremely flexible and knowledgeable with vendors to the ins and outs of planning a wedding.

Sent on 07/04/2019

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center's reply:

Thanks Katherine + Eric! You guys are so sweet and we had such a great time helping you celebrate! Congratulations!

Scott Keeton · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding of our dreams!

FANTASTIC venue! It was just what we were hoping to find. They were great to work with. We were so taken by the place that we actually had the Bridal Shower there as well. Its the total package!!

Sent on 07/10/2019

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center's reply:

Thank you Scott! You all had such a beautiful wedding! Appreciate you!

Megan Beaudette · Married on 05/11/2019

May 11th Wedding

We had our wedding on May 11th, 2019. It was the perfect place to get married for us. The staff was amazing and so kind. Everyone was extremely helpful at making sure our day was perfect. We hired Alissa as our day of coordinator and she went above and beyond helping with all the little details even our million candles we had. Loraine was amazing at helping me answer any question I had from the big stuff to the small stuff. The venue was amazing and we truly had the perfect weather and everything went just as planned. We are so thankful to everyone there that made our day a dream.

Sent on 06/25/2019

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center's reply:

Thanks Megan + Gary! Your wedding was gorgeous and was such a beautiful day!

John · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing place for a wedding

I cannot recommend this place enough! They did everything they could to make our day amazing! Venue is beautiful and staff is amazing!

Sent on 11/22/2018

Kirsten · Married on 09/22/2018

The shelterhouse was great with many options for photos and ceremony needs. The staff was very helpful and informative and willing to work with our special requests (using our horses in the ceremony) and accommodating changes to the original plan. The various package options helped us decide on the venue to fit within our budget needs and the availability of extra items for rental use came to our rescue as well. They were flexible with meeting times and able to keep us on track for everything to run smoothly. Use of a bridal suite was also an option and was very handy for prep the day of and comfortable for relaxing after a very busy day.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Blakely · Married on 09/22/2018

The Old Blue Rooster was the perfect place for our Wedding. We started planning a little over a year beforehand with Lorraine, and she was so helpful through the entire process. She is continually working with several brides at a time and was able to respond to any of my emails within the day I sent it. The venue is beautiful and super affordable. The day we set up, we realized we were missing a table and Alyssa (who was our go to person for that day and the day of the wedding), was able to make sure we got exactly what we needed. She was able to work so well with us and rolled with everything we asked for and even made suggestion that made our day even more perfect. I think it would be hard to find a better, more reliable staff for our wedding. There's no way we could thank them enough!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Batina · Married on 08/04/2018

I highly recommend them. Made everything incredibly easy. Beautiful venue! Staff is very accommodating and easy to work with, Loraine went above & beyond for us.
    Great value for the price.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Carlie · Married on 07/21/2018

This venue did a GREAT job!! My husband and I got married there a couple weekends ago and it was amazing. From the time we started planning this event, the contact for the venue was so responsive. I emailed her and texted her so many times about different things and she never acted annoyed and answered quickly with as much help as she could give me. They had everything we needed at the venue the night before the wedding. They did a great job. They were all extremely nice to work with and not only that the venue is beautiful. I LOVED the area outside where the ceremony took place and the inside reception hall looked amazing. Please if you are planning on getting married and are looking for a rustic look but still elegant this is the place for you!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Courtne · Married on 06/16/2018

i had my wedding at the Old Blue Rooster- Shelter House location in June 2018. This venue was extremely beautiful and the scenery was incredible. My bridal party and I stayed at the venue the night before in the suits located at the venue and it made it tremendously convenient to have my hair and make up girls come to us. We spent the whole day getting ready and enjoying time together instead of worrying about running around and being certain places at specific times. Lorraine, the manager of the venue, was very helpful that day as well. She was helpful the entire journey of my wedding planning. When I needed questions or wanted to go over and look at the venue so I could come up with decoration ideas she was always willing to work with me so I could see the venue. She made the planning a little less stressful because come on now, wedding planning is nerve wracking because you just want the PERFECT wedding. My ceremony was so beautiful and the reception was fun and everyone had a great time. So many people told me how much they loved the venue and how remarkable it turned out. I had an incredible experience at this venue and I would recommend this venue to all of you that are looking at this review

Sent on 08/16/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/22/2017

I just had my wedding here on April 22nd 2017 and it was an absolutely amazing experience at The Barn venue. To star,t the venue itself is gorgeous. It was the only place in our price range that my husband and I felt we could have an indoor or outdoor wedding and still love it. The outdoor part of the venue originally was all grass which made me nervous but it is now a beautiful cobblestone walkway so if you are worried about it, don't be. It was beautiful and the new arbor that replaced the metal half gazebo thing is gorgeous as well. Lorraine was amazing to work with on every level - she was quick to return texts, calls, or emails and was extremely flexible in every way. We literally changed our rehearsal dinner time three times that night (within like 30 minutes of our original time mind you) and she was very very accommodating. When we were clearly frazzled over setting up appetizers the day of she and her colleague helped my super stressed mother with the process. The two of them were also our bartenders and they were extremely nice to everyone and even extended the bar time last minute because we hadn't even come close to hitting our limit. The bar service itself is super wonderful and the margarita machine they have was a big hit with our guests. I would highly recommend this venue and encourage you to ignore the one star reviews from the disgruntled customers. Lorraine is amazing, the venue is beautiful, that is all.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Amber · Married on 09/24/2016

The entire staff at sold Blue Rooster was fantastic. The day went as planned and the venue was beautiful and made for some amazing pictures. OBR made everything so easy and the best part is that it was very affordable. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Jena · Married on 07/16/2016

We stumbled upon The Barn (OBR2) by The Old Blue Rooster Event Center while doing a google search for barns in the area that had air conditioning. When we found the venue it was just an empty building. Based on what they told us their vision was and seeing photos from their other location we felt comfortable enough to book the venue and we are so glad we did! They venue is beautiful inside and out! We only had to add centerpieces and a small few other decor items which is exactly what we were looking for. The price was very affordable and they have it set up so you can pick how much you want to spend on your day based on their options which we found to be very helpful budget wise. Val was our day of coordinator and she did a wonderful job. When setting up the night before we realized when needed an extra table and one table in another size and she was awesome in arranging us to have them by the next morning. All of our guests were still talking about how pretty our wedding and venue were weeks after the wedding! We couldn't have been happier choosing The Old Blue Rooster as are wedding venue and would recommend them!

Sent on 08/31/2016
  • livelaughpoff

Brianne · Married on 06/11/2016

My wedding isn't until June 2016, but I have had a great experience with The Old Blue Rooster staff. Lorraine and Natalee are quick to answer any and all questions promptly.

Sent on 12/01/2015

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center's reply:

How sweet! We like to think of our couples as part of our family and only want you all to be treated like we would like our family to be treated. Thanks so much!

Lorraine and Natalee

crsig · Married on 10/31/2015

Old blue rooster was a perfect place to get married! Very reasonably priced! The staff was so helpful in everyway, they were all so nice. I want to say thanks to them all for making our day great and less streeful than it could of been! Very very very highly recommended!

Craig And Jessica Williams

Sent on 10/12/2015

Abbey · Married on 06/27/2015

We randomly came across the Old Blue Rooster last year when we were searching for a place to have our reception. I highly recommend this place it is beautiful and the owners/manager are very easy to work with and very friendly. I have not one single compliant and I am super excited for my special day and to share these memories with Old Blue Rooster Event Center.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Megan · Married on 10/11/2014

We found the Old Blue Rooster, and it was truly a hidden gem (at the time!). Their prices are good, and the service was AMAZING! Lorraine was so helpful during the planning process- she never forgot a detail or pushed anything on me that I didn't want! At the last minute, she, Bud, and Natalee made sure we had lots of heaters for our guests' comfort.

The venue itself (we used what they call OBR 1 in Groveport) is BEAUTIFUL- we didn't need to do much decorating, which saved us money! Its a location that naturally lends itself to a beautiful wedding, and has an amazing crew behind it. They have good relationships with local vendors, but also encourage you to use who YOU want, truly making it your day, and not a cookie-cutter wedding.

Sent on 04/09/2015

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center is absolutely beautiful! Our outdoor wedding was everything we dreamed of and more! The owners are very flexible and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 05/06/2015