The Ohio State University Faculty Club Reviews

10 | Columbus, OH

10 Reviews for The Ohio State University Faculty Club

Jennifer · Married on 05/13/2017

Loved all that The Faculty Club had to offer. Our special day ran smoothly and flawlessly thanks to the staff there.

Andrea · Married on 12/10/2016

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful at the faculty club. We had a Decemeber wedding and with the Christmas decorations they used, we didn't need to spend anything to decorate the venue. What sold me on the faculty club was how flexible they were when it came to prices. They have enough options for drinks/ food that you can make your wedding as cheap or expensive as you want. Also, the staff was very attentive, professional, and overall great to work with.

Kevin · Married on 09/06/2015

If you are NOT an Ohio State fan:
    You should definitely consider the Faculty Club! The set up is fantastic - they pretty much give you a coordinator, and a fantastic one at that! Diana, your wedding coordinator, is "part of the deal" and her work alone is enough to sell you on the Faculty Club. The way that she works with you makes you feel as though you are the only event that the Faculty Club is holding that month (it's not, the Faculty Club is super popular, for good reason). The facility is absolutely gorgeous in historical, Victorian-esque style. And the food is delicious! We had quite a mix of difficult eaters in our wedding - myself and many of my bridesmaids are vegan, one family can't have MSG and another is allergic to peanuts. They took care of all of that! I got to try several options that the chef made especially for me, and they even found us vegan rolls! They were so flexible in helping us save money where we could and make the wedding as fun as possible (fog machines were used) :)

If you ARE an OSU fan:
    Why do you even need a review? We had the best time here, being married on the campus where we met and spent some of the best years of our lives, we will have only the happiest memories walking by the Faculty Club on game days, remembering our perfect wedding.

Thank you to the Faculty Club! Please consider them for your own special day! :)

--Brooke and Kevin, 2015

P.S. We recommend doing the Long Walk down the Oval for your recessional! Random students are happy to help block your path, gotta love that Buckeye spirit!

O-H!

stacey · Married on 08/15/2015

So great to work with!!!!! Beautiful venue, very friendly staff, excellent food, very comfortable space. Can't say enough about how amazing our wedding was, all thanks to The Faculty Club and their amazing staff and coordinators!!!

• Tamar

Tamar · Married on 09/04/2015

I was so pleased with the quality of service during my wedding planning that I wrote a review prior to my wedding. But now that my wedding has passed I wanted to come back and truly appreciate The Ohio State University Faculty Club for their amazing service and grace. On my wedding day, I had planned to do my ceremony outside on the lawn but a serious storm passed through about 30 min prior to my ceremony start time. All of the staff, and I mean ALL (managers, crew members, directors, etc.) rallied together to break down my set up outdoors and bring it inside for the ceremony...without me even knowing.

Our food was absolutely divine!!! It was actually better than the tasting and our guests loved the food so much that they are still giving us compliments. The decor was set up exactly to my specifications! As I stated in a previous review, the decor was very, very important to me and I couldn't have asked for anything more. The cocktails were very tasty from the mixed drinks to the champagne punch. We had a hosted bar, where we allotted a certain amount of money for the bar, but once we reached that our bar would turn into a cash bar. We didn't think it would last the entire night, but it actually did and we were so happy that it did!

I was elated that we got the entire building to ourselves that day and knowing that each part of the wedding (ie. ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, dancing) was in a different space added to the feel of the night. Some of our guests said that our wedding was the best wedding they've ever been to and we definitely couldn't have done this without them.

Diana, our wedding coordinator, is so professionally and personable. She is truly gifted and special. Thank you Faculty Club, especially Diana Biasella and John, you all are amazing!!!

P.S. You don't have to be affiliated with OSU to do your wedding here ;)

I absolutely loved this venue for my wedding! When you rent the space, it's the entire building which provides privacy and plenty of space. My wedding was supposed to be outside but got rained out. Fortunately, the staff was very helpful in rearranging things to be inside. The wedding itself was in one location, then it was downstairs for cocktail hour, upstairs for dinner and back downstairs for the reception. It was helpful to keep the flow moving and keep things running. I worked with Laynie Fulks and she was AWESOME at answering all my questions and making the process very easy.

Kim · Married on 06/04/2016

We loved having our June wedding at the Faculty Club! The venue itself is beautiful and our guests loved the different levels. It's definitely not your traditional, boring ballroom. The food was excellent, the service was great, and our wedding coordinator Diana was fantastic to work with. Overall, it was the perfect venue for us!

Maranda · Married on 10/21/2017

The venue was fantastic. The location was ideal for myself and my husband as we are both alumni of the university. The building was easy to get to and the parking out front was a plus! I was a little sad that Mirror Lake was under construction at the time of my wedding, but being on the Oval was great asset too. The coordinators at the Faculty Club were easy to work with and addressed all my questions, concerns, and emails. Our guests really enjoyed that each part of the reception was on a different floor/room: cocktails downstairs with a patio, dinner on the second floor, and dancing/dessert on the main floor. It helped to keep the night flowing. My guests really enjoyed the meatball and quiche hors d'oeuvres for the cocktail hour. The buffet was plentiful and the guests were full and happy. I appreciated one of the staff members making my dinner plate for me as I was worried about spilling on my dress. The servers and coordinators kept me updated every step of the way without being intrusive, which was helpful. Cleanup was easy thanks to the Faculty Club staff! It's more than month after the wedding and I am still getting wonderful comments about the wedding venue!

Morgan · Married on 09/01/2017

I loved having this space for my wedding! Some things that I did not love - I had three different wedding coordinators because the first two got new positions elsewhere, but my final coordinator, Amber was really very great! She listened and worked with me and I was very comfortable working with her. I also booked my wedding a year in advance, as most people do and I was disappointed that Mirror Lake was under construction on the date of my actual wedding. I know that this construction had been planned, but no one told me... Overall, the food was really very good and the bar was great! The three floors of space added so much to our event day. I would have definitely have another event at the Faculty Club for the quality of service I received (which was great!) with the price that we paid. It was affordable and was everything that we asked for.

Kathleen · Married on 09/02/2017

1.2
      2.0
      1.5
      0.5
      1.0
      1.0

Unfortunately when we had signed on to have our wedding at the faculty club we had worked with the wonderful Diana, but soon after we had signed the paperwork, she went on to take another position elsewhere. We then were introduced to Amber, her replacement. Let’s just say she was less than helpful. We wanted to have 6 people for our food tasting and she only provided us with one meal for everyone to share. I literally only got one bite per dish. I’m spending thousands of dollars at this place and they wouldn’t even budge for a full lunch for us. I even offered to pay for lunch but she would not let us do that either. Honestly, Amber singlehandedly ruined my wedding planning experience. Slow to respond, often taking weeks to return phone calls and emails. I would not recommend this venue to anyone.