The Oasis Reviews

69 | Austin, TX

69 Reviews for The Oasis

Amelia · Married on 07/21/2007

The Oasis is BEAUTIFUL. They just built their new reception venues with tiered decks, beautiful views of Lake Travis, and the sunset. All anyone could talk about was the view and the food! If you dream of an outdoor wedding but hate the idea of bugs, mud, and the chance of rain, check out the Oasis. It was amazing. And the staff were professional and dressed well, walking around serving drinks. The food was delicious and they helped us customize our menu. The drinks were super good and super strong (also a plus!)
    This is what MADE our wedding!!!!!!

Sent on 03/29/2008
  • Felicia and Tim

Felicia · Married on 05/07/2017

Aside from my top tier being served, or was amazing! We had gorgeous weather, vita was breath taking, Kelsey Shipman was on the top of her game making everything run smoothly, the food was great! I loved it! Wish we could do it again! Oh wait! Vow renewals! Hehe

Sent on 05/28/2017

Alexis · Married on 01/02/2016

Our wedding was planned last minute because we were having trouble finding a venue we could afford and that would work with our timing coming home as we are both military. They were very flexible with us and worked hard to make our day special. The day of our wedding it was cold and rainy but everything turned out perfect. The space was perfect for us having close to 100 people. It was a beautiful wedding and I would highly recommend having your special day here. :)

Sent on 05/26/2016

Rose · Married on 03/23/2015

The wedding went off flawlessly. Kelsey and her staff couldn't have been more helpful. No issues and would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Kelsey and Sam made our wedding day flawless. They helped in every step of the planning as well. The day of the event they were in contact with all of my venders so I didn't have to worry about anything!

Sent on 03/21/2015

My husband and I loved having our wedding at The Oasis. The venue was right for our budget and it offered beautiful back drops for our photographs. They worked with us on every aspect and the wedding coordinators Kelsey and Sam were amazing! I wish I had a Kelsey or Sam in my everyday life! Due to the bridal suite being booked for the day of I had issues finding a close place for me and my girls to get ready. Also, we wanted somewhere close on the lake to spend our first night together and the place I was working with was too flighty to be reliable. Kelsey was there yet again to save the day. She spoke with the owner and they allowed us to rent his one bedroom apartment next to The Oasis...the place was amazing and made the day just that much more memorable. Kelsey and Sam made the day easy and relieved any stress I could have experienced with forgetting numerous things in the apartment but they retrieved everything without hesitation. They also were my brain during the entire night and I never had to ask for anything since it seemed we were one brain sharing our thoughts. The venue and the staff were amazing is all I can say for The Oasis and we wouldn't change a thing about our day.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Roxanne · Married on 11/10/2012

My wedding reception was perfect. Kelsey was so much fun to work with and she really knew her stuff. She was helpful when I could make a decision...it can be overwhelming. Everyone loved the venue and thought it was perfect! I highly recommend The Oasis for your wedding.

Sent on 11/24/2012

Gabriela · Married on 03/16/2012

EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM THE WHOLE STAFF. They made our special day very easy, happy and stress free.

Sent on 03/27/2012

Kelsey was great she really knows what she is doing.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Kelly · Married on 06/15/2013

I booked my ceremony and reception with The Oasis 2 years before the actual date. In less than a year they had already been through 2 different wedding coordinators and was not notified of the switches. Kelsey was the third I worked with and I am so lucky she stuck around for the long haul! She was absolutely amazing and made me feel at ease throughout the whole process.
    She answered my countless emails and questions and met with both my mom and I whenever we needed to. She was very reassuring and knew what she was doing. At the rehearsal all my bridesmaids loved her immediately and everyone could tell she knew how to handle any situation. She took control and made my day seamless!
    The food was absolutely fantastic, all of the guests loved it. They provided the linens and put up decorations I had made for the centerpieces.
    Kelsey was so pleasant to work with. I can't imagine working with anyone else. She made my wedding perfect! I highly recommend the Oasis for anyone who is thinking about it!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Audrey · Married on 03/09/2013

I had my wedding reception in the Lakeside Terrace room at the Oasis, I had about 35 guests so that room worked very well for us. I was a little worried that the very "themed" look of the room would not transfer well into wedding reception.. but on the day of I was very impressed!! It looked so nice and classy. The reception ran so smoothly thanks to the staff at the Oasis, I literally did not worry about one single thing, they took great care of me and my guests from beginning to end. The planning before hand was a little hectic and details changed often, thankfully they were able to work with us and keep up with everything :) Also, I love the restaurant there, but the catered food was Amazing! much better quality than the tex-mex, and I am even a fan of that. Overall I am happy I chose the Oasis as my reception site!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Allison · Married on 09/14/2012

The Oasis was the perfect venue for our special day. The day of our wedding was very very cloudy so we didn't even get a view of the sunset that it's known for but we didn't need it. The room and staff were so great that every one of our guests enjoyed their time and we couldn't have imagined our day going any better.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Siema · Married on 03/31/2012

Ashley and Sam were both great at coordinating the ceremony and reception for our wedding.

Sent on 03/28/2013

Donna · Married on 04/22/2012

3.5

Great view, room was beautiful, and food good. However, we didn't have a DJ and brought our own music, I highly recommend hiring a DJ since we experienced some technical difficulties. The DJ may have better sound equipment and can do announcements better than we did.

Sent on 04/27/2012
  • Joss

Joss H. · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing night, just perfect

What can I say? It's The Oasis! The food was a hit, and the atmosphere was nothing short of pure magic. Only comment would be that the coordinator seemed disengaged and distracted, often took days to respond to emails, and left an hour early, leaving me (the bride) scrambling to arrange my own send-off as family members started trickling out early and we had to cut the reception short. Despite those things, she must have done her job because everything was simply incredible. (Maybe she was just overbooked this summer and the Oasis needs to give her a vacation!) Don't hesitate to book the Oasis as your venue. The Sunset Villa and bridal suite could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 08/25/2019

4.2

Absolutely the best view on Lake Travis!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Leslie · Married on 05/19/2007

4.2

Great place...everyone was wonderful!

Sent on 04/23/2008

Tram · Married on 10/23/2010

3.8
      3.0

The view was absolutely stunning! Beth was awesome. However, the food wasn't up to expectation. For some table, the chickens & steaks were cold and chewy. But overall, it was a wonderful experience, the view really made up for it.

Sent on 04/25/2012

Liz · Married on 02/25/2012

3.2
      2.5
      3.0

Beth is no longer the coordinator at The Oasis, she quit a month before our wedding, and no one told us until the new coordinator, Ashlee, emailed us. I must say that, in my opinion, Ashlee did not do the best job. Granted, my wedding was her first at The Oasis but she seemed to not be very knowledgable about the way weddings went there. Her assistant, Sam, seemed to do mostly everything and answered most of our questions at the meeting where we finalized all the details. Sam was great and very helpful through our whole planning.

We were married in the Starlight room and the venue and view itself are beautiful and hardly need any decorating at all. We picked The Oasis for these reasons and also for the fact that it was very reasonably priced and had such great reviews. We were also able to choose our menu and what type of alcohol we wanted served. We also thought it was very nice that they allow you to choose the colors of your linens and offer other decorations at no charge. All of these are good things about The Oasis but I unfortunately experienced a couple important bad things, as well.

To make a long story short, the linens and napkins that were put on our tables for the wedding we not the correct color that we chose. That was a detail that many brides would be very upset with.
    We also chose to only have beer and wine served and the bartenders still served liqour, and lots of it. This was very upsetting to me because many people got extremely drunk and my parents were also stuck with a very large bar tab. When I wrote Ashlee an email after the wedding expressing my disappointment, I felt she was very ingenuine with her apologies and did not take much responsibility for the mistakes made. As a coordinator, I felt it should have been her job to know every detail of the wedding. She made me feel like she had little regards for how important my wedding day was.

I would advise future brides to be VERY careful in going over final contracts and to have an absolutely certain clarity for all the words used on the contract.

In response to Ashlee's response- I am sorry to say that that is a lie when you say the bar only served beer and wine after my mother brought it to their attention that we didn't want liquor served. After the cocktail HOUR was over, the bar began to charge people for some of their drinks (another thing that we did not want to happen at the wedding). However, liquor was most certainly still generously served until the end of the night. I did not say the bar tab was left open, but several of my friends and family commented to us that they did not pay for their liquor drinks, or only paid for SOME of them, as their individual tabs were very low. My parent's tab at the end of the night was very high, leading me to believe many drinks were put on their tab. Again Ashlee, you still have not taken responsibility for obviously not knowing the details of our wedding.

Sent on 03/19/2012

The Oasis's reply:

Although Liz you are correct, I was brand new to the venue this Feburary, I made it of top priority to work closely with Sam and your vendors to organize your event, and ensure all that you requested of us was indeed delivered. In my reply email to you I apologized several times for the miscommunication that clearly occured, as together we agreed on your linen color and options on your bar at your detailing meeting. Once an issue arised the night of the wedding, 20-30 minutes into the reception, the bar quickly stopped serving the limited options that the contract stated, and only served from the keg and house wine options,a s requested. The bar tab was not left open by any means. We are here to make your day exceptional, and we will continue to work hard to do so. Many of the guests and our staff commented on how great the Starlight looked and we will continue to show the pictures of the great event. I wish I could do more to show you that I am truly sorry you left with any regrets, as you were stunning and the event was beautiful. Thank you for your review. -Ashlee, Wedding Coordinator