The Oasis Reviews

69 | Austin, TX

69 Reviews for The Oasis

Laura · Married on 09/13/2014

Kelsey Shipman, Samantha, and the entire staff at The Oasis on Lake Travis are absolutely a blessing! Kelsey and Samantha made sure that the entire process went as planned and smoothly as possible. Beautiful venue, breath taking view of Lake Travis, and the space at the Top of the Oasis ballroom is PERFECT for a wedding. The ballroom was gorgeously decorated and set up with some of the Oasis décor and some of my own. My husband and I were so relaxed and trustful of Kelsey and Samantha that we didn't do the "paranoid" check of the dining and reception set up. We seen the venue and all of the décor at the same time our guests had seen it. I remembered seeing it all and realizing how beautiful it all came together and wanting to cry LOL! It was a night I'll cherish for the rest of my life and I'll never forget all who were involved. The wedding was 2 months ago and my guests are still raving about how beautiful and perfect the night went.. Despite the rainy weather. Even with rain and no sunset our pictures are fantastic and our wedding was absolutely elegant. Thank you again Kelsey! You're all stars in my book!

Sent on 11/03/2014
  • W

Willa · Married on 04/13/2014

Kelsey and Sam made my day extra special. They were very patient and helpful when I was planning my event and effortlessly implemented changes, when my guest list went up by 25%. I received many compliments on the food and the venue. I would not hesitate to host my event at the Oasis in the future.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Amber · Married on 03/29/2014

We wanted a wedding to remember; The Oasis made that dream come true. Everything that we asked for we received. Kelsey Shipman was our wedding coordinator, she was amazing. She had wonderful ideas and helped us every step of the way. We would definitely recommend this venue to other people. Our ceremony was scheduled just before sunset, which made for an incredible backdrop to our special day. The view was breathtaking, and many have asked if it was a backdrop for our photos! Everything about The Oasis made our day perfect, the food, the view, and the amazing staff on hand to make sure we had everything we needed.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Katy · Married on 09/21/2013

Kelsey Shipman (the Wedding Coordinator), her assistant Samantha, and our caterer Adam did an amazing job of making our day special and flawless. Kelsey worked with us from the day we booked it until the moment we were getting in our get away car to ensure that our day was exactly how we wanted it to be. If you haven't been to The Oasis, it is the most beautiful place in Austin for a wedding. Our ballroom faced sunset and it was gorgeous. The interior is equally beautiful and required very little decorations to be bought, but those that I did buy, Kelsey and her team set up for us! Not having to set up or clean up is a wonderful service the Oasis provides. The room was laid out exactly the way I envisioned, the food was delicious, and they made sure to remind us about our schedule, but were flexible when photos took longer than expected. Really I cannot convey in words how great the Oasis Weddings Team is and how wonderful our wedding was! Look into booking this venue. You will not regret it!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2013

Laidback yet elegant - simply put: we had no complaints when it comes to The Oasis. More so, we definitely don't regret spending a a little extra to have Kelsey, the wedding coordinator at The Oasis, see to all of our needs. She was patient with us (even though we had no idea how to plan our wedding), and she seemed prepared for every meeting. The venue itself was very accommodating - the food was perfectly prepared (we had a Cajun-style buffet), the ceremony and reception were perfectly secluded from the rest of the restaurant, and no one seemed to mind that my husband and I wandered around with the photographer, entering rooms as we pleased, to find great locations for portraits. Weeks later, our guests are still raving about how beautiful the wedding was.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Kristin · Married on 04/13/2013

We loved having our wedding reception at the Oasis! The staff made everything run seamlessly, as well as the views provided a stunning backdrop to our special day.

Sent on 06/21/2013

Molly · Married on 03/02/2013

Kelsey and Sam at The Oasis were such a joy to work with! They brought a level of professionalism and fun to our experience that we greatly appreciated. All of my questions were answered and they were very accommodating to all of my requests. On our big day, I was so incredibly pleased with how everything came together. Our reception was set up perfectly, and the day went better than I could have hoped. Thank you Kelsey and Sam...and the whole Oasis team! If you want the best possible experience on your wedding day, go with the beautiful Oasis venue and outstanding Oasis team!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Kelsey and Sam were awesome wedding coordinators. My mom still asks about them all the time to see how they are doing. Everything ran so smoothly. The food was awesome, the venue was absolutely gorgeous and all of my family had a blast. It was a perfect night. I highly recommend the Oasis for weddings! Kelsey even put up with my dad who was on the perstering side, and she did it with a smile. Loved, loved, loved the experience, wish I could do it all over again!

Sent on 03/21/2013

Traci · Married on 11/10/2012

Wow, what an experience! We got married at the Oasis in the Starlight Ball Room and it was absolutely the most perfect night, all thanks to our coordinator Kelsey Shipman and her staff! From day 1 Kelsey was the most helpful and kind person! She went out of her way every chance she got! We had a wedding of 215 and used both the bars in the Starlight room. The Oasis staff was on top of their game and really did a great job. They set up the tables in the Starlight room and set up all the decorations I brought for them. I even brought lights to decorate the pillars in the room and the manager Adam volunteered to put them up! The food was out of this world good! We had a plated meal of 3 different choices and I highly recommend the plated meals at the Oasis. Kelsey and her team just went above and beyond, from helping to call all my vendors to being so accommodating with all my questions. I would text Kelsey and she would answer within a few minutes and always had the best attitude no matter what my concern was. Kelsey made sure I was taken care of in the bridal suite on the day of, and made sure my husband and his groomsmen were taken care of. Kelsey was just there for everything! I'm just so impressed! The Oasis was the perfect venue for my rustic texas style wedding, and was the perfect spot for beautiful pictures! From the first day I met Kelsey to every meeting with her, every call, the decorations, the food, the bar, her staff, the wind, the chairs, a vendor of mine showing late and with the wrong person, to my groomsmen running around at the last minute trying to find the rings...Kelsey took care of everything. She even packed some cake and water to go in the car waiting for us when we left! Her staff was perfect and so was Kelsey,she really made my day THE PERFECT wedding day! I could go on and on, but not only am I impressed with The Oasis and their staff but Kelsey as a coordinator went above and beyond and was THE BEST person to work with! SO happy with Oasis

Sent on 11/26/2012

Juan · Married on 11/03/2012

Oasis was a great place for our wedding venue. We received so many compliments on how great the place looked and would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Luisana · Married on 10/27/2012

Kelsey and her team at the Oasis are just wonderful! They went above and beyond for us and operated as a top-notched catering company would. We highly recommend having your wedding at the Oasis they will take good care of you and will help out with every detail. We couldn't be happier with their services.

Sent on 11/25/2012

Myra · Married on 09/29/2012

I had schedule with the Oasis a year before our wedding date when Beth was there, so I went through three different wedding coordinators. When I finally spoke with Kelsey it was the first time I felt comfortable with any wedding coordinator I spoke with before. She was absolutely amazing to talk with and understood any changes that needed to be made immediately. Kelsey and her team at the Oasis were fabulous to work with. I would highly recommend anyone that loves Lake Travis and has memories there to at least give the Oasis a chance. If you do not; you are definitely missing out. Kelsey, Sam, and the staff at the Oasis made our dream wedding into a reality. Nothing could have been possible if it were not for Kelsey and Sam. We love/d the Oasis and will be going back on our first Anniversary.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Renee · Married on 08/10/2012

We loved having our wedding reception at The Oasis! Our coordinator, Kelsey, went above and beyond helping us plan for our special event - and we planned it in just a few short months! The Bridal Room was VERY spacious, like a little apartment with a mini living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom with several mirrors and plenty of closet space and of course, an iron and steamer (upon request)! We had the Lakeside Terrace for our reception and they helped us fit ~65 people! The Lakeside Terrace included an indoor area seating 60+ people, plus our own private deck with gorgeous views of the lake and sunset! We brought in our own decorations for all the table center pieces the night before and Kelsey and her team added their own special touches by adding some extra mirrors and marbles to make the tables look *that* much prettier! Kelsey kept us on track the entire evening and was VERY hands-on making sure everyone was having a good time and making sure my grandmother and all the kids were comfortable and happy. The food and drinks were great, we even had a few vegetarians in which The Oasis accomodated for - and my family RAVED about how delicious it was! Kesley even made sure that our two children were able to go downstairs outside on the deck to ring the "sunset bell!" They loved it and Kesley made them feel very special! At the end of the evening, Kesley and her team packed up all our things and had our car packed and waiting for us when it was time to go. If I ever need to throw another big party, I would not hesitate to book with The Oasis again! Like all weddings, the evening went by so fast - but The Oasis made sure to make it one of the most memorable nights of our life! :)

Sent on 08/15/2012

Lindsay · Married on 11/12/2011

Beth and all of her staff were amazing. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful and perfect setting to have our reception. Everything was so well organized and the food was delicious. Everyone at our reception kept telling me how much fun they had and how amazing the view was.

Sent on 11/29/2011

Amy · Married on 06/15/2011

Absolutely perfect spot for our wedding. Beth, from The Oasis, was wonderful. She went out of her way to make sure that all of my need and the needs of my guests were taken care of. The food was delicious. Photographs with the sunset in the background were stunning. It was the perfect location for our beautful wedding.

Sent on 07/18/2011

Amanda · Married on 03/12/2011

Beth and her staff really came through for us on our wedding day. The set up was gorgeous and she really helped me, the bride, keep my head on straight all night!

Our wedding ran like clockwork and I never had to worry about a single thing!

The venue is breathtaking and the staff is top notch!

You can't get a better view in Texas. I highly recommend the Oasis.

Sent on 03/29/2011

Janet · Married on 08/28/2010

Beth is an amazing Event Coordinator. We had the best wedding ever! Everyone who attended our wedding thought everything was the best. We had such a great time and everything went so smoothly. The staff set up everything for us. Wedding favors, flowers, everything. We showed up and got dressed and the Oasis handled the rest. Beautiful views and sunset also. Greatest place ever for a wedding.

Sent on 09/07/2010

Ashley · Married on 11/14/2009

The Oasis is a wonderful option for a reception. Although they went through some changes prior to my wedding, Beth stepped right in and made sure everything was perfect. Since also provided us the courtesy of calling our vendors to set up delivery time. Additionally, they set up the entire reception inlcuding chair covers and table clothes. The food was wonderful and suprisingly enough no one could finish their plates. The staff was also very attentive and made sure that the night ran smoothly. Definitely a good choice!

Sent on 11/28/2009

Ashley · Married on 11/14/2009

Beth at The Oasis was wonderful to work with! She helped us stay within our budget and still get everything that we wanted. The food was amazing, and everyone enjoyed the sunset view! The staff was always checking on us during our reception to make sure we had everything that we needed. The decorations looked absolutely gorgeous, even better than I expected!

Sent on 12/15/2009

Kimberly · Married on 05/30/2009

Jill and the rest of the staff at The Oasis did such a great job with everything! Their professionalism and attention to detail was impeccable. Everything flowed so perfectly and went so well. I was seriously one of the most chill brides-to-be on my wedding day thanks to Jill and everyone! The food was amazing and everyone left with a full stomach and a smile! My husband, myself and our guests all felt like royalty on our big day. The venue is perfect for weddings and any other special event. I highly recommend The Oasis!!!

Sent on 06/05/2009

Amie · Married on 02/15/2009

Jill did a wonderful job of keeping everything running smoothly and on time. We were on top of the oasis and it made for beautiful pictures and backdrop to the wedding.

Sent on 05/19/2009

Desirae · Married on 10/08/2016

Perfect venue for our wedding reception! Kelsey helped us plan everything out and made the process so easy. They made everything so beautiful for us and the sunset was spectacular. Our guests are still raving about it!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Elena · Married on 12/14/2014

Kelsey and Sam were amazing! They were very professional and made sure everything fell into place exactly as we had imagined. It was perfect and having these ladies to ease te whole planning experience and to ensure it all happened exactly like we wanted the day of. It was just wonderful. I would definately recommend this venue to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Joanna · Married on 08/22/2009

The Oasis was a beautiful place for us to have our wedding. It overlooks Lake Travis and we had an amazing sunset that night. Beth was so great, she's very sweet and was running around making sure everything went well. We were planning the wedding in about 2 months so they knocked off $600 for last minute plans which was great. The Lone Star room where the reception was held was dark and romantic and set the mood completely. Everybody was great including the waitresses/waiters that were working the wedding.

Sent on 09/23/2009

Suzanne · Married on 07/26/2008

Jill and Scott at the Oasis did more than I expected to make our special day run smoothly. Scott even brought my husband a beer during our post ceremony pictures. They kept us on schedule while allowing us some flexibility.
    We also used the Oasis for our sit down dinner and the food was amazing. They were able to steal a great banquet chef from elsewhere in Austin. And I can't leave out the best sunset and gorgeous backdrop for our wedding. Absolutely perfect!!!

Sent on 09/17/2008