105 Reviews for The Music Place

Microphones (2)
Sound/PA System (2)
Uplighting (1)
105 The Music Place Reviews

My husband and I found The Music Place on the Wedding Wire app while we were planning our wedding and decided to use them for our choice in entertainment for our reception. Let me tell you....AMAZING and WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! We went with DJ Sticky Boots and it was the perfect choice! Blake was so accommodating when it came to having to do Skype appointments and was so professional and on time! He responded well to our requests as well as our guests and kept the party going until after my husband and I were gone! He was awesome and reading the tone of the dance floor and there was NEVER a lag in people out on the dance floor! We had A TON of compliments from our guests and family members on the enjoyable time and great music the DJ played! He helped make our day so special and sooooo much fun and we HIGHLY recommend using The Music Place! You won't regret it!!!

-Andrew and Nicole Caputo

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Blake's attention to detail was unlike anything I've seen. He cares deeply about his clients, music and ensuring everything has an amazing time. He somehow reads the crowd AND caters to what the couple wants at the same time. No idea how he does this! I am still getting compliments from my guests about the quality Blake brought to our reception. Also, he accommodated to our "stanky hour", which was the best hour of the reception. I cannot say enough great things about Blake! I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Lizzie, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had Blake (DJ Sticky Boots) for our wedding reception. I can't imagine having another DJ that could have done better. He listened to our music preferences and kept the party going flawlessly. He also help keep things going like the cake cutting, speeches, dinner, late night snack, etc. Blake is very good at what he does. It was very important to us that we have a variety of music that appealed to all age groups so that the older guests would want to dance too. The whole night went perfect and since our wedding everyone has been asking us who our DJ was because they've never been to wedding with a better DJ or music. Thanks for helping make our wedding day and night perfect Blake!!!

Profile Picture Alexis, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I could not have asked for a better MC/DJ with Blake! Not only is he an incredible guy, but he was amazing throughout the entire process from the first consultation to the wedding day. He prepares like a true professional to make sure your day is perfect. During the reception, He kept the guests entertained and the dance floor was packed the entire night. He has an amazing skill for reading the room and playing the right songs! During the reception, we had a few problems (Not due to Blake. Rather it was other vendors) Blake communicated with us the entire time, and found solutions! He acted like a leader. If you’re considering hiring Blake to MC an event. Just do it!! My wife and I are so happy we chose him. We seriously cannot thank him enough!

Profile Picture Tyler, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We worked with Blake (DJ Sticky Boots) for our wedding, and it was absolutely amazing! He was extremely responsive to all of our questions and was so easy to work with. Our reception was absolutely perfect and a large part was Blake keeping everything going in a timely manner. You have so many things on your mind the day of, so it was SO great to have somebody who took care of things.
The song choices were so great, and he knew exactly when to change the songs and what to play next. He read the crowd perfectly. Our dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night and everybody had a blast. Well worth every penny spent, and I highly recommend booking DJ Sticky Boots!!

Profile Picture Mahrie, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was very stressed about DJ vs Band; especially since we were planning from out of town. A lot of friends had gone for a band, so I was really nervous to go the DJ route. Blake (DJ Sticky Boots) totally eased any fear or anxiety that I had after talking to him throughout the planning process. We gave him a list of do/do not play, and he totally understood what we were going through and added his own touches (it wasn't just him playing our iTunes list). People were on the dance floor all night, which was so important to us! He made the entire night flow so smoothly, kept everything running on time, and even went with the flow when my grandfather made an impromptu speech. I could not recommend him enough and hope to see him at another wedding again!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Sticky Boots was one of the best parts of our wedding reception. I would highly recommend his service to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding. He catered to all of our specific requests and our guests danced all the way to conclusion of the reception.

Profile Picture Marissa, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I had the pleasure of working with DJ Sticky Boots. He was by far the best and most valued vendor we worked with for our wedding. He walks you through the whole night and goes out of his way to do Skype conversations and phone calls so he can further get to know you and your tastes for what you are looking for. I can not speak highly enough of his work ethic and Tallent. After the reception was over, our guests could not stop ranting and raving over our DJ's skill in mixing up the beat to fit the vibe of the room and how he conjoined songs and did mashups on the spot. Everybody also loved the up-lighting he did on the walls. Honestly I could go on and on, but basically it comes down to this...

If you want a packed dance floor and a custom flow of music that your guests will remember forever, then work with Blake aka DJ Sticky Boots!

Profile Picture Tyler , 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had Jeff as the DJ at our wedding and he was amazing! He kept everything moving smoothly the whole night! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ & am very happy we chose the music place for our special day!!

-Carly & Evan Oblinger

Profile Picture Carly, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dj Sticky boots did an amazing job at our wedding. His music choices were exactly what we asked for, and he couldn't of put together a better mix. Everyone at our wedding said they had a great time. They also said he was point on with announcements and keeping the party rolling. If you want a Dj that is going to guarantee your special day to be entertaining, fun, and exciting we highly recommend Dj Sticky Boots. Our wedding was on a Sunday and people were dancing like there was no tomorrow. Thank you again Dj Sticky Boots for making it memorable for our special day.

Kimberley and David C.

Profile Picture Kimberley, 6/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I used The Music Place for my wedding and they were wonderful to work with every step of the way. They went above and beyond to make it an incredibly special day for us! Jeff was our DJ and I would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Cristin, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

It was such a pleasure working with Blake( DJ Sticky Boots). He was quick to respond and take care of every little detail. As you know, a DJ can either make or break your wedding and he definitely made it. He completely exceeded our expectations! We love Blake and will be recommending him to anyone that is in need of a DJ.

Profile Picture Anastasia , 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Blake (DJ Stickyboots) was first class throughout the entire process. Our initial consultation was thorough, he responded with his complete repertoire of Wedding-related items (VERY HELPFUL!), and accommodated anything and everything we needed along the way. At our final meeting, everything was as-discussed and fully-prepared. Not surprisingly, he delivered perfectly on our big day :)

Both families were very complimentary of the evening, the styles of music, and Blake's ability to move through the ceremony and reception smoothly.

We simply could not have asked for anything more.

P.S. - If you're trying to decide on a DJ Service, remember: THIS WILL BE THE PERSON THAT MANAGES YOUR EVENING... AFTER MONTHS (sometimes years!) OF PREPARATION AND COORDINATING, DO NOT LEAVE THIS UP TO ANYONE BUT A PROFESSIONAL!!!

THANK YOU again to Blake and the entire Music Place staff!

Best of luck,
Tyler&Jenny

Profile Picture Tyler & Jenny, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We chose our DJ mainly because of all of the five star reviews on Wedding Wire. I was pretty confident that dozens of ecstatic reviewers couldn't be wrong. After meeting with Blake, AKA DJ Sticky Boots, I knew we had found our guy. Blake was incredibly personable and knowledgeable. He made us both feel like we were in good hands, and throughout the wedding planning process, our music was the one thing I never stressed about. Blake played the perfect combination of songs during cocktails and dinner, and then he got the party started. Our dance floor never slowed down, and everyone raved about how fun he made everything. When you're thinking about how much you're willing to pay for your DJ, remember that he or she sets the tone and the pace of your entire event. Also, when Blake plays music, he's doing way more than choosing a playlist. He's a very talented and professional artist who does some crazy mixing while he's up there. You can't go wrong with The Music Place. Thanks for everything, Blake!

Profile Picture Allison, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Do not try and save money on the DJ, this is what gets the wedding started!! DJ Sticky Boots was great to work with and met all our needs for that day, when we look back at videos and pictures everyone had a smile on their face and was on the dance floor!!

Profile Picture Olivia , 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Blake was AMAZING. We were between him and another DJ, and just in a phone conversation, we immediately decided on Blake. Not only was he very responsive to our messages, but he answered every question, which showed he actually read through our emails. He was so fun to work with, and we never felt that we had to clear anything up, or verify anything. He was answering our questions before we could even ask them! Worth every single penny. Our friends and family still talk about what a great DJ we had. He knows what he's doing, and we wouldn't hesitate to hire him again for future events!

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Blake is amazing! Look no further. He was so organized when it came to booking, payment, and our pre-wedding consultation. All our guests had a great time at the reception, and we could not be happier!

Profile Picture Kathy, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

AMAZING! Blake was so great to work with. He was very accommodating to our ideas and gave us great advice on how to make our reception flow smoothly. He played a great selection of music that everyone from my younger sister to my grandma enjoyed and then played some great songs to get everyone on the dance floor and keep them there! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a good quality DJ. I definitely tried to DIY and have friends help with the wedding to save costs but the best decision I made was to spend the money on having a fantastic DJ. Worth every penny.

Profile Picture Paige, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Blake was amazing to work with from the beginning of the process to the wedding day. He provided us with lots of options early on and was happy to work with any special requests we had for both the ceremony and reception. Blake read our guests well and provided the right song at the right moment all night. Blake was an amazing MC and was willing to accommodate any change to the timeline throughout the day. I would highly recommend The Music Place for anyone looking for quality, professional, and caring service.

Profile Picture Kiri, 8/27/16, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Blake was an amazing vendor to work with! He was very informative and quick to respond to all of our questions. We used The Music Place for all of our music the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Blake had the perfect music for every request we had. He did a great job of keeping our party going until the very last song. Our guests had many great things to say about our music after our wedding. The uplighting that he provided was a great addition to our wedding reception, it set a fun but elegant mood to our room. I would recommend The Music Company to everyone for all wedding DJ needs!

Profile Picture User7074535, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

The Music place did a wonderful job!! Our wedding was so much fun and they kept the ball rolling as the night went on!! Thank you so much Jeff!!! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!!

Profile Picture Emily , 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Blake was one of our favorite vendors to work with. He was funny, easy to talk to, and made us feel confident the day was going to go perfectly. In fact, everytime we would hangup from our Skype session we would just look at each other, smile and talk about how lucky we were to be working with him. The day went as smooth as can be and we did not have to worry about a thing. We give Blake our seal of approval and would recommend him to every one of our friends. Thank you Blake, it was an absolute pleasure!

Profile Picture Andrew & Liz, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

If we could give more than 5-stars for Blake and The Music Place we would! Blake worked with us from the very beginning to answer our questions and to ensure our wedding reception was exactly how we envisioned. His professionalism, knowledge of music and weddings, and fun attitude helped keep our guests entertained and dancing all night long. We received so many compliments on the music and DJ selection. Thank you, Blake, for a perfect evening we will remember for a lifetime!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Blake displayed a professional atmosphere, and a solid command of the receptions flow and structure. He was interactive with both guests, and any staff he came into contact with. The Music Place had fair rates considering the high quality services they offer and we have no problems recommending them to our friends and family. Finally, the best thing we can say about this business was Blake did a stellar job creating a connection between my wife and I and making us feel completely comfortable giving our reception over to him.

Profile Picture Samantha, 3/11/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC

My wife and I booked DJ Sticky Boots last minute and he was SO easy to work with. Very flexible on his time willing to work with our crazy schedule. His service was top if the line. Party was everything we had joped it would be. The uplighting added the perfect touch to the room and the music selection was on point. Would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for an easy to work with and excellent serviced compnay.

Profile Picture User6523855, 1+ year ago, 1 Review