The Music Man DJ Service Reviews

168 Reviews for The Music Man DJ Service

• Steven

Steven Myers · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Review of DJ Barbra Thompson of Music Man

Barbra Thompson was our DJ, and she exceeded our expectations at every step! In planning the music, she was extremely knowledgeable about many types of music, what people like, and what works. There was a set-up for the ceremony, and a set-up for the reception. When we saw the amount of work involved, this was an amazing value. We highly recommend Barbra.

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Jade

Jade Kinard · Married on 10/10/2020

What a Phenomenal Job!

We got in touch with Music Man through a wedding expo, and Jason was great at being responsive and patient while we made choices. Our DJ was Scott Brown and we could not be more impressed! He played the songs we asked for, was super fun and friendly, kept things going smoothly despite the surprise of lack of internet use, and our guests raved about how he did a fantastic job! We all had such a fun time on the dance floor! Thank you so much for your great work! Jade and Caleb Loiselle

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Emily

Emily Outcalt · Married on 10/10/2020

DJ Dennis is amazing!

DJ Dennis was so much fun and really brought life to our wedding! Due to COVID restrictions, we needed to have a smaller guest list but Dennis made the atmosphere so lively and even helped with the technology for our Zoom ceremony. He definitely became a part of the wedding and we were so happy to have him!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Jennifer Mayo · Married on 10/03/2020

Excellent!

Diane and Ben were great!!! SUPER flexible, go with the flow and allowed me to make changes right up until the big day. Diane was so great keeping things moving, communicating with us and constantly reminding us that it was our day- we could do whatever we wanted or didn’t want! She helped coach my now husband on what to do and really helped to make sure he knew what was next- he was sort of clueless to all this wedding stuff ;) I cannot say enough good things about how great they were to work with throughout this whole thing!!

Sent on 10/06/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Bolduc · Married on 08/22/2020

Dance floor was non-stop fun all night!

I cannot even begin to tell you how great Jason with The Music Man DJ Services is! From the beginning, Jason helped me plan out my wedding reception to ensure the flow of the evening would make sense and give ample time to what my husband and I wanted out of the reception. Being out of state, Jason made the extra effort to conduct many phone calls, endless email chains, and Zoom meetings with us to make sure we were comfortable with everything for the reception and that our "vision " for the wedding would be met. He made an itinerary that he provided to all of the other vendors and made sure that everyone in our team was on time and knew when their role was crucial throughout the evening. I have already suggested Jason to a friend and would suggest him to EVERYONE NEEDING A DJ in the New England area!! He was so incredible, professional, and honestly a blessing to work with. I had so many guests tell me that he was awesome, read the room very well and many people asked me where I found him. Brian and I are beyond thankful for Jason Strycharz with The Music DJ Services.

Sent on 09/02/2020

The Music Man DJ Service's reply:

Hey Rachel! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your wedding day. I had a ton of fun with you, Brian and your guests. You all brought the dance party! I wish you both an amazing marriage together and feel so blessed to have worked with you both!

Christie Adams · Married on 07/25/2020

Great job, 5 stars!

Our dj Dennis did an amazing job at our wedding! He was so great to work with. The song selection was perfect and kept our guests dancing all night! 5 stars, definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/27/2020

Amanda Banks · Married on 02/09/2020

Dj jason p rocks!

As a wedding planner, picking a DJ was tough - I've worked with a lot of DJs! I ended up picking DJ Jason P and I am glad I did. He was the best!! He was so easy to work with! My husband and I would randomly think of a song or a thought about our wedding and Jason P was cool with us shooting him a text, whenever.

When I say our dance floor broke, I’m not kidding. Our dance floor broke by the end of the night because of the amount of dancing that took place. It was constantly packed with happy guests! He respected my requests and made my guests soooo happy!

I would recommend him over and over again. I honestly have nothing but positive things to say about Jason P. He rocks and I am looking forward to working with him again in the future. I know he would make all of my clients happy.

Sent on 03/06/2020
  • Catherine

Catherine Shaw · Married on 12/01/2019

Jason at Music Man is AWESOME!

Jason Strycharz was the DJ for our wedding this past weekend, and he absolutely killed it! The dance floor was absolutely packed and he was energetic, detail oriented, and fun to work with. Our crowd loves to dance and many people told us they had never seen so many people on the dance floor all night long. The music was perfect - we wanted a high energy, modern reception and Jason delivered. Prior to the wedding, Jason did a great job giving us advice as well as taking our requests and turning them into reality. We felt he was very reasonably priced and would absolutely hire Jason again if we ever have the need. Thank you again!

Sent on 12/18/2019

The Music Man DJ Service's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Cat. Yours and John's wedding was so much fun!! Your music selections were on point and I had an absolute blast keeping everyone going! Congratulations again

• Meghan

Meghan · Married on 11/16/2019

Jason is AMAZING & you need him at your wedding!

We never thought that one of the most complimented things from our wedding would be our DJ, but that’s the type of DJ Jason (from Music Man DJ Services) is. People raved about his great energy, his passion, and his way to be engaged and involved without being a distraction. He was very communicative leading up to the wedding and met with us a couple times and responded to inquiries promptly. We love music and so it was super important to be incorporated into our wedding day, and Jason did a great job of giving us guidance while finding out what our musical vision for the day was. He flawlessly integrated the massive list of songs that we gave him to play and created a vibe that was exactly as we imagined. We have wide ranging tastes in music and he was able to make it all feel connected. Jason was able to read the crowd throughout the evening and seamlessly transitioned from song to song. We had guests who told us that they usually don’t like DJs and they said that Jason did a fabulous job. The dance floor was packed the entire night - even people who we had never seen dancing were having the time of their lives on the dance floor. Jason was also super accommodating - the bride missed one of her must play songs, and then later in the night asked if he would play it again and he did it with no question. One of the biggest compliments we got from our entire wedding was that everyone loved Jason and thought he was great at making our wedding feel true to us as a couple and making sure everyone was having the best night ever. If you want a packed dance floor and a DJ who understands and integrates your vision throughout your wedding, BOOK JASON!!!!

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Robyn

Robyn Eastwood · Married on 11/02/2019

Love Music Man and DJ Vortex!

Choosing Music Man to DJ our wedding was the best decision we made! Music Man had a great selection of DJ’s so we were able to pick one that fit the style we were looking for. DJ Vortex was amazing! She was able to incorporate all of our requests and made the whole night go seamlessly. All of our guests agreed that the music was great and kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. Plus at the end of the night, she gave us CDs with ALL of the songs on it. We are beyond excited to have the soundtrack to our wedding!!

Sent on 01/19/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/05/2019

Kept the guest happy and dancing!

I never had to worry about the music being the right type of music to keep the guests happy and on the dance floor. This DJ service uses CD's still and honestly it was all perfect. We gave him a list of songs prior to the wedding and when the wedding was over we got a CD of all the songs we requested on it!! It was perfect for our day. They also set up in two places to make sure we had music and a microphone for our ceremony which was a mile down at a local park.

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Dieuveuil · Married on 10/04/2019

Jason Is All About A Memorable Experience

Jason was such a great addition to our wedding reception. Jason worked with my husband and I before the wedding to ensure a detailed timeline, nail down pronounciation of all names and to ensure all of our questions were answered. Jason also worked with my father to create a surprise memorable experience for our father daughter dance. All of our guests commented on how much fun Jason was to have at the reception.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 09/21/2019

Dave the Best DJ

We worked with Dave and he was an absolute hoot. He was super friendly, very straight forward with how DJing would work, and had an AMAZING show!! He uses CDs, and at first we were skeptical but wow were we impressed. He had everyone dancing young and old the entire time, and he also nailed it during dinner, with microphones for the speeches, and overall was incredible to work with. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Bonnie

Bonnie Wahrer · Married on 08/24/2019

Best Wedding DJ Ever!

Jason DJ-ed our wedding on August 24, 2019, at an outdoor venue in Saco, Maine. We couldn’t be happier with his service. We met with Jason at a local restaurant a few months before the wedding where he asked us detailed questions about our wants/needs, our vision for the wedding, our style, etc. etc. Jason was well organized and had a lot of suggestions/examples for us when we weren’t sure. At the wedding, Jason absolutely killed it. Jason set up with plenty of time to spare. He also played music that keep a large majority of our guests, both old and young, dancing right until 10pm. I’m still hearing from people saying how they have never danced so much at a wedding! He knew how to read the crowd and play the music that ensured everyone had a good time. I highly recommend Jason for as a wedding DJ!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/17/2019

Highly Recommended!!

We worked with Jason Strycharz who we highly recommend! Jason was extremely easy to work with. After working with many vendors for the wedding Jason was by far the easiest to work with. He was responsive to our emails, extremely professional, but also casual enough to meet up with us like we had been friends for years and help us achieve our vision! He is such a nice, kind person I'm so thankful we chose him! After interviewing many, many DJs we are extremely happy with our decision. He was an awesome DJ, had everyone dancing the entire night! I am still having people tell me how much fun they had and how they haven't danced that much in ages- both old and young! He came all the way over to the Inn on Peaks Island, was familiar with the ferry, had no problems getting the sound in both the outdoor and indoor areas (it's a unique venue layout). He even recorded the night and gave us a digital copy so we can play it later on and reminisce! Thank you Jason!!

Sent on 08/24/2019

Amanda,

Thank you so much for your kind words. You both made it so easy as well! You and Kevin were an absolute pleasure to work with and what a great dance party! I'm still thinking about how much fun I had. I wish you both all the best!

• Sarah

Sarah Fraser · Married on 08/10/2019

5 STARS! Hire DJ Vortex, She was Amazing!

I WOULD HIGHLY recommend The Music Man DJ Company for your wedding and use Barbara aka DJ Vortex, she was amazing. Here's what I emailed to Barbara after our wedding: Dan and I wanted to share with you what a TRULY AMAZING job you did. Seriously, I worked in radio for 10yrs and you're one of the best. So professional, timing was awesome, the mixes were great. We are so grateful for you. Please let us know if we can send a recommendation or if your clients ever want to speak with another client feel free to use us. We LOVE you. Great job. Sarah

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Walters · Married on 08/03/2019

Jason is the best.

Jason Strycharz was our DJ for our wedding this past August and we couldn't have picked a better one! He was so easy to work with from day one, and even created a couple custom tracks for our wedding day. Our group LOVES dancing and Jason definitely didn't disappoint. He really knows how to read the crowd and kept everyone dancing for the entire night! Thank you so much Jason, our wedding would not have been the same without you!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Robyn

Robyn Noe-Fifield · Married on 07/20/2019

Attentive and awesome!

We're very glad we went with The Music Man DJ Service for our wedding. Mitch was very on top of communicating with us and sent us a straightforward form to fill out regarding the music we wanted. Jason P. was our DJ and he did an awesome job! Very friendly and easy to work with. He helped us figure out the order of the night and was totally understanding when there were some things we wanted to skip (bouquet and garter toss, for example). Planning was super laid back but no detail got overlooked. We are very satisfied! It was a very fun night and our guests had a really good time!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Robyn St. Laurent · Married on 07/20/2019

Chris @ Music Man DJ Service

We had a great experience with Chris Lothridge at Music Man DJ Service. He really went above and beyond, both before the wedding to make sure all of the music was correct, and the day of as well. He was even running around and offering us water during our post-ceremony pictures (it was 100 degrees outside). All of our guests loved the music and we got tons of compliments about how great Chris was!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Michael Dahn · Married on 07/09/2019

Andre made our day sound amazing!

We were so impressed with everything The Music Man had to offer. From our first meeting to the day of the event, our DJ, Andre, showed confidence, skill, professionalism, and a great ability to work on the fly. As we talked with him about what we wanted the atmosphere of our wedding to be, we could tell he knew where we were going before we even finished explaining. Andre showed that really knows his craft, and how to make our wedding sound just the way we wanted it to by reading the rhythm of the dance floor perfectly, and having the right sound on hand for every nuance. He has an incredibly friendly, approachable, and enjoyable personality, and was a joy to work with. A year later, everyone we invited still tell us just how much fun it was to be there dancing into the night.

Sent on 08/25/2020
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 07/06/2019

Really great

Our wedding had some power issues due to severe rain, but our DJ was amazing at troubleshooting and fixing the issues quickly. Then he played a great mix of music that was perfect for our super ecclectic guests

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Adam

Adam Seigal · Married on 07/06/2019

Terrific Experience!

We had a terrific experience working with the Music Man DJ Service, specifically Jason Strycharz. From the very beginning, Jason was easy to work with and always accessible to answer questions. Prior to our wedding Jason spent significant time working with us to plan the logistics of the evening (married on an island). He arranged a sound check with our first dance singer. We felt completely confident that he had everything under control. Then during the wedding itself, Jason absolutely delivered. He played every song we requested, and filled in the rest with the genres we preferred. He was also a terrific emcee. We had numerous compliments on how great the song selection was and how smoothly the evening went. Bottom Line? Get Jason and Music Man DJ Service. You won't regret it!

Sent on 07/14/2019

The Music Man DJ Service's reply:

Adam, thank you so much for the kind words! You and Sarah were so great to work with. I'm so happy that despite the downpour we had, everyone had a great time. What a memorable night with that sunset too! I wish you both all the best.

Annie · Married on 06/22/2019

Reliable, talented, responsive!

We had the most amazing experience with the Music Man DJ Services. Our DJ Barbra, "DJ Vortex" was phenomenal. She was responsive, listened to exactly what we wanted, was kind and compassionate and willing to do whatever we needed. She was a calm and steady presence and just a joy to work with!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Fogarty · Married on 06/22/2019

Full Dance Floor. Professional & Personable. Chris Lothridge is amazing!

After photographing weddings weekend after weekend we still struggled to find a DJ for our own wedding. Then we met Chris Lothridge. We absolutely loved him upon introduction and had the best time working with him, we couldn’t help but dance along with cameras in our hand.

When it came time to book our own DJ we knew he would be the perfect fit. He was professional, easy to reach, and extremely personable. Our dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT. I mean from introductions until the very end. I don’t think it was ever empty. He played the perfect mix of oldies and new songs to help keep the crowd entertained. Our family and friends are still talking about how amazing he was.

We highly recommend him to all our friends and clients and can’t wait for the next opportunity to work with him.

Sent on 08/16/2019