125 Reviews for The Music Man DJ Service

User Photos
Liability Insurance (3)
122 The Music Man DJ Service Reviews

We had Jason Strycharz from Music Man DJ as our wedding DJ in June 2018 and highly recommend him. From our first phone call with him until the wedding day he was extremely organized, professional, and knowledgeable. He helped us determine the timeline of the day and pick out special songs. Our venue was complicated and required him to bring 3 different set-ups. He arrived early to set-up and test out all his equipment, and there were absolutely no problems! Everyone could clearly hear the toasts and speeches during dinner, and the dancing music he chose was a huge hit. I heard so many compliments on our DJ throughout the night! Many thanks to Jason and Music Man DJ!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Mark, 6/2/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Had them for our 35th reunion at UNH. Absolutely great!! Picked great music, took requests, totally entertaining. Would strongly recommend them for any type of event. Bert Freedman Class Treasurer

Profile Picture Bert , 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Shawn Cullen was the BEST DJ (hands down!). Shawn was professional, timely, and accommodating as we planned for our February 25th winter wedding. We had a live musician for our ceremony and cocktail hour. When we met ahead of time, Shawn coordinated and worked with the live musician to make sure that everything went seamlessly. Shawn's breadth of experience helped to guide us in the right direction to ensure that we included all of the important details. My fiance and I weren't very specific about certain songs, however, my only request was that Shawn played songs that would keep people dancing. Boy, did he deliver! Shawn played all the greatest dance party hits from each generation. I couldn't leave the dance floor! Shawn was incredibly 'in tune' with our crowd and was able to read the personalities and seamlessly think, adjust and adapt on his feet to play the perfect song for the moment. At one point a cowboy hat entered the dance floor. Shawn began playing the best country songs! I would recommend Shawn for anyone who is looking to have a crowd on the dance floor all night long! Thank you so much Shawn, you made our wedding night unforgettable!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 2/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Diane and Ben were amazing! They knew just what to play and were very helpful! Always prompt in responding and great throughout the wedding day! Highly recommend these guys!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ben and Diane were the DJ's for our wedding on 10/7/2017. They were AMAZING! They were completely responsive and professionsal throughout the entire process and didn't miss a beat. Everyone was completely engaged with their music and danced the entire time. I gave them simple genres to play within and they were able to put togeter the perfect playlist for both dinner/reception, aswell as the dance party to follow! I couldnt have asked for better service or wedding reception because of them! It was simply perfect!

Profile Picture Erica, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mitch was my initial contact for our wedding event. He was very responsive, professional and fully willing to work with all of our wants and needs. Mitch eventually hooked us up with Jason as our DJ once all the details were finalized. Jason was amazing! We met at our home to exchange details, ideas and to fine tune the program. Jason was very polite and down to earth. Kind of like a perfect match. Most of the music was hand picked by yours truly but there was gaps that needed to be filled and Jason did a wonderful job with the criteria we provided. All of our guests gave GREAT reviews and loved the music/entertainment. I have to admit that one of the most memorable moments during the whole day was when I was waiting ever so impatiently for my wedding party to make their way down the aisle.... Jason and I made eye contact through the door, from 2 stories up. I got the feeling he could tell how anxious I was and that I might bolt too quickly. He gave me a wink and a non nonchalant thumbs up. That was a small but very significant moment of relief knowing that he would give me the go, and he did. It was perfect. He totally had my back from start to finish and I couldn't be more thankful. He even made us a CD of the special songs. I would fully recommend The Music Man to any and everyone.
Thank you so much Jason, we both appreciate everything you did to make our wedding day the best that it could be.
Your card is on the way soon. ;)

Profile Picture Kim, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Working with these guys was a dream. Mitch was very responsive and ensured that he knew
what our needs were and matched us accordingly with the right DJ. Jason, our DJ was incredible. He coordinated with me via email and was so kind and flexible regarding last minute changes. He kept our dance floor moving and as a result our guests had SO much fun. I almost cried tears of joy at the end of the night when he presented us with a burned CD of our music from the night. I'd give these guys 10 stars if I could.

Profile Picture Farida, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We LOVED Barbra (DJ Vortex)! She was so easy to work with and gave us a great mix of music to keep our dance floor busy. Based on the songs we told her we liked, she gave us a great eclectic mix and worked with us to make sure that we would have enough energy to power her system, since we were on a private residence. We also had her MC the event, which was buffet-style, and she did an excellent job of letting our guests know what was going on and keeping our dance floor full. We had so many guests tell us how much FUN they had and Barbra played a big role in setting the atmosphere. Definitely would recommend her to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding!

Profile Picture Skye, 9/9/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike Pomp DJ'd our wedding 8/19 in Kennebunkport ME and was AWESOME!! I had guests coming up to me all night saying how great he was! Our entrance into the reception was SO energetic and totally set the tone for the night. He played every song that was important to us and was super friendly and professional. I highly recommend Mike and the Music Man DJ Service for any bride-to-be!!!

Profile Picture Allison, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We booked Barbra to DJ our wedding and she was absolutely amazing! Barbra was so responsive over the past few months prior to my wedding. We spoke on the phone, via email, etc. She was so accommodating when it came to us choosing some specific songs that we wanted for the ceremony. She also helped us setup the microphone for the ceremony. She picked songs throughout the night that we requested but also made sure the crowd was enjoying the music and dancing all night! I had SOOO many guests ask me for her information at the end of the night because they said "The DJ was AWESOME" and that she was! Not only that, Barbra sent us home with several CD's from the all music she played from the ceremony to our last song of the night! My husband and I could not believe that she did this for us the night of our wedding. It is so special that we now have all this music! Barbra is the best and highly highly recommend calling the Music Man!

Profile Picture Mary, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Caren Collins was our DJ for our First Ending Hunger Gala. She was very professional and so accommodating and friendly. She took all requests and knew how to set the proper music for the proper moods. She was very professional on the microphone and kept the evening flowing. She had all the equipment she needed and kept her station looking clean. I would definitely love to have her for a DJ again.

Profile Picture Jenn, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike did a wonderful job. He made the right decision with all music choices. I would recommend Mike for any occasion!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were lucky enough to get Brian Phoenix for our wedding DJ. He was prompt with getting back to us and answered any questions we had. He played great music and got people dancing.

If you book the music man be sure to as for Phoenix!!

Profile Picture User5472695, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

Amazing! Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night!

Profile Picture Justin, 2/11/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike Pomp kept our friends and family on the dance floor the entire time of reception! He was very kind and flexible. We received many compliments on our music and have recommended Mike Pomp at the Music Man to many people! If you want the atmosphere fun and running smooth, requests Mike play the beats on your special day!

Profile Picture Michelle, 1/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mitch, the owner of Music Man, was my first contact. He replied to my inquiry very quickly and then spoke with me over the phone giving me all the details of his services. He answered all my questions and made sure to ask what I needed in a DJ so that he could provide me with a good fit. He recommended Barbra Thompson and we got the ball rolling. I really appreciate that amount of time and detail Mitch took to book us the perfect DJ. Barbra emailed us quickly with some planning information to look over and promised to be in touch about a month before the wedding.

Fast forward to September and we had filled out the sheets and sent them on to Barbra. She set up a time to call me go through everything. From the moment we first spoke I knew she was someone we could trust to make the music on our day incredible. We had provided her with a list of around 100 songs that we loved and wanted to incorporate in the cocktail hour, dinner, or the reception but we weren't sure where to group them all. She assured us she would put them into categories and use them in the perfect moments --- and she did! I can honestly say that every song played was something we loved and fit perfectly in whatever moment Barbra chose. She kept the dance floor moving all night and her assistant (her daughter) was rocking out to the music behind the DJ table. Every person I spoke with thought they did an amazing job and they worked in requests perfectly without playing songs we had blacklisted :)

Barbra was so much fun and such a professional in every aspect. She made sure to ask about every detail in order to make our day perfect. She rolled with the punches and when there was no table available for the ceremony (due to a vendor miscommunication) she set up her equipment on a rock and went with it!

I can't say enough about how happy we were with Barbra and her daughter -- I would highly recommend her services for any event!

Profile Picture Merissa, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked through the Music Man DJ Service to bring on Jason Strycharz as our DJ and MC, and he was a perfect fit for our wedding! Jason met with us to go over our music preferences, the name pronunciations for our families and wedding party for introductions (a detail we never considered and that my now-husband was very happy about), and the overall flow of events, from which he created a document to share with all our on-site vendors to keep everyone on the same page. He promptly replied to questions and emails, and he was honest with us when we had 40+ songs on our must-play list. Even after we moved all but 15 to the nice-to-hear list, he still managed to incorporate many of them into our wedding music along with the remaining must-plays. And the most vital part: His instincts are sharp, and he kept the dance floor hopping!

We’ve gotten many, many compliments about our music selections, and everyone says they had a wonderful time. But that’s not all: Jason coordinated with our on-site contact and arrived hours before the ceremony to ensure he had time to set everything up, and when we had to make a last-minute, weather-related location decision, he was quick to adapt. Our reception was short, as far as receptions go, and the cold, rainy weather complicated the evening in more ways than one, so when we decided to skip a few elements on our itinerary to save time (notably the cake cutting and the Generations Dance), Jason didn’t miss a beat. We invited him and his wife along to the after-party, and we were delighted they came and hung out with us and our friends and families for a bit.

Finally, Jason was the first vendor to contact us after the wedding, sending us a lovely thank-you note that I’m embarrassed to have not responded to yet. By the end of the night, Jason felt like a friend we’d known for years. We were so happy to have him there to guide our wedding day and ensure our guests had a good time, and we recommend him wholeheartedly!

Profile Picture Jess, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

The Music Man dj services was excellent. We met them at a wedding show in Auburn, ME. At the wedding show we scheduled a phone call for later in the week and went over all of the details. Shawn Cullen was our DJ and he did a PHENOMENAL JOB. He was extremely easy to communicate with leading up to the wedding and ensured everything was exactly how we wanted it. He was accommodating and very responsive to all of our inquiries. Shawn went over everything at a convenient time for us to ensure it matched up with our plan. At the reception, Shawn kept everyone dancing the entire night, which is exactly what we wanted. We gave him a few songs that we wanted and told him the type of music that we liked and he filled in the rest. The night was perfect and everything went smoothly. I highly recommend The Music Man dj services to anyone planning a wedding or any other type of event; especially Shawn if he is available.

Profile Picture Brittney, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mitch replied immediately to my request for information and was very easy to work with throughout the planning process.
Mike was our DJ and did an amazing job! We love to dance and Mike made sure to keep the dance floor full all night. We have gotten so many compliments about how amazing the music was. Mike was very professional and worked with us to make our vision for the night reality. We are so grateful and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We lucked out by having Jason Strycharz for our wedding dj! We cannot say enough good things about him from the start of our experience with him through the end. Jason took the time to get to know us and he dealt with my obnoxious emails for almost an entire year. He was always so responsive and helpful. He did an absolutely outstanding job on our wedding day. He knew what he was doing and we didn't need to worry about a thing! Our ceremony was outside, he had that covered, our cocktail hour was outside and inside, he had that covered with bluetooth speakers that played in different areas and then he did unbelievable the whole night for the reception! One thing I have heard people complain about or worry about when hiring a DJ/MC is that they talk to much during the reception (sounds a little funny but we did not want someone who stole the show) and he did not do this, he talked only when necessary (not that we didn't want to talk to you Jason because you were AWESOME!) but this is not something you need to worry about with Jason! The dance floor was packed the entire time! He even gave us a cd at the end with our "special songs" (first dance, mother/son and father daughter!), what a thoughtful touch! We even came home after our honeymoon to a thank you note from HIM in the mail (wow- seriously WOW), I felt like we owed him the thank you note! We had such a mix of ages at our wedding and he pleased every single person there. We had so many people tell us after that he was one of the best wedding dj's they had ever heard! I would absolutely recommend Jason and the Music Man DJ Service to anyone looking to have a personalized, AMAZING time on their wedding day! Thank you SO Much!

Profile Picture Jenny, 9/10/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved The Music Man DJ Service and have recommended them to everyone planning a wedding. We used Brian Phoenix and would use him over and over again. He is a wonderful DJ and I could not have been any happier with his services.

Profile Picture Page, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thank you for making my wedding so much fun! Our DJ was Shawn Cullen and he selected excellent ceremony music and he kept people dancing at the reception. Shawn was very easy to work with and very professional. He kept things fun and even found tissues when I started to cry as I headed out to walk down the aisle with my dad. Thanks Shawn! Thanks for helping making our day special!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Ben and Diane were amazing! We had an afternoon wedding so music was very important to making the day fun. They kept the dance floor packed the whole time. They were very responsive and helped a lot during the day. They were able to make our last minute changes work. We would definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture Erica, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Huge shout out to our wedding DJ Jason Strycharz, through the music man DJ Services!! From start to finish Jason didn't disappoint. He was friendly, professional and helpful. He really takes the time to get to know you as couple and what your wants/style is for your wedding. I will say we are very laid back people and were last minute with providing crucial information to Jason, never once did he become frustrated or annoyed. He remained patient and delivered an excellent evening far above and beyond our expectations. He kept our dance floor movie' and shaken' all night! We highly recommend Jason for DJ services. We can't thank you enough Jason, we give you a 5 star rating all around!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Profile Picture Stacie, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews