The Music Man DJ Service Reviews

131 | Kennebunk, ME

131 Reviews for The Music Man DJ Service

131 The Music Man DJ Service Reviews

Emily · Married on 09/29/2018

Diane and Ben were the DJs for our wedding reception this past weekend and they were absolutely amazing! Not only did they play great music and MC the wedding party's entrance, but they also took the time to let us know when certain parts of the reception were coming up such as the cake cutting and special dances. They went above and beyond by socializing with all of our guests and having a great time themselves! If you're looking for a DJ for an event, definitely consider requesting Diane and Ben. They are very affordable and are great people! :)

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2018

We definitely recommend the Music Man DJ Service! Mitch was wonderful and very responsive getting in touch right away and getting us connected with our DJ Shawn! Shawn was AMAZING!! Very easy to get a hold of, very responsive, and flexible! He kept everyone dancing when we didn’t think we had a dancing crowd and he even jumped in to help with a little joke presentation I had planned and was the perfect assistant! He coordinated with my other vendors and the day just flowed perfectly!! Definitely recommend!

Sheena · Married on 09/08/2018

The Music Man dj service did my sisters wedding and I knew I had to have them for mine as well. Ben and Diane are absolutely amazing. They were so nice and easy to work with, played the best music and helped keep me on track as it was a backyard wedding and therefore no wedding planner. Really can't say enough good things about them, an absolute must for anyone planning a wedding (or any other occasion).

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2018

We were so happy with Jason! We were specific with a lot of the songs we wanted played and most, if not all of them, were not your typical wedding songs. We were given a form to fill out, which was helpful because it let us know just how much went into DJing a wedding. I even wanted to surprise my husband with the FSU war chant for our entrance and Jason was able to get that done! It was definitely a more club feel with more recent music, which was exactly what we wanted!!! Our guests had a blast and so did we!

Mark · Married on 06/02/2018

We had Jason Strycharz from Music Man DJ as our wedding DJ in June 2018 and highly recommend him. From our first phone call with him until the wedding day he was extremely organized, professional, and knowledgeable. He helped us determine the timeline of the day and pick out special songs. Our venue was complicated and required him to bring 3 different set-ups. He arrived early to set-up and test out all his equipment, and there were absolutely no problems! Everyone could clearly hear the toasts and speeches during dinner, and the dancing music he chose was a huge hit. I heard so many compliments on our DJ throughout the night! Many thanks to Jason and Music Man DJ!

Sent on 06/10/2018

The Music Man DJ Service's reply:

Mark thank you so much for the kind words. Yours and Jess's wedding was so much fun! You picked an absolutely amazing spot right on the water and I can't believe how much your family and friends danced. I personally loved your sparkler send off at the end of the night. It really tied the whole day together. I wish you both all the best! Jason Strycharz

Bert · Married on 06/02/2018

Had them for our 35th reunion at UNH. Absolutely great!! Picked great music, took requests, totally entertaining. Would strongly recommend them for any type of event. Bert Freedman Class Treasurer

Laura · Married on 06/01/2018

We had Jason Strycharz as our DJ for our wedding back in June. He was amazing, went above and beyond for us, and we would highly recommend him. He was always available to answer questions (whether through email or phone ), and was great to work with throughout the whole wedding planning process. I had a very specific vision for the music for my wedding, and he 100% covered all the bases. From helping us lay out the timeline, to playing all the different preferred genres of music between me, my husband, and my father, Jason went above and beyond. Jason even went along with my weird request of having an "emo dance party" -- my guests and I loved it! We received so many compliments regarding the music. And at the end of the night, Jason gave us a mix tape CD of all our songs! It was such a nice touch. Thank you, Jason! You truly made our wedding day!

Allison · Married on 05/26/2018

Hire these people. Seriously! Because of these people, specifically Brian Phoenix, our friends and family deemed our wedding the wedding of the summer, (and it was only June)!!
    Quality of Service: Brian Phoenix provided us with the songs and music we requested, filled with other great tunes that kept our entire guest list on the floor the whole night.
    Responsiveness: Very timely about responding to emails, phone calls, or sending info/contracts in the mail. We never were waiting to hear from him.
    Professionalism: He showed up early. He was dressed to impress. He was incredibly polite to our guests, and even made friends with my uncle.
    Value: Great value! I felt that it was an appropriate amount for the awesome job that he did! We initially looked at other with higher prices, but I honestly do not think that we would have gotten as good of quality as Brian Phoenix with the Music Man DJ Service.
    Flexibility: Incredibly flexible. We need audio at the Portland Head Light for our ceremony, no problem. He walked us through what equipment would be needed, how we could plug in the musicians, and he did not appear to think this additional time was burdensome in the least.

Rebecca · Married on 02/25/2018

Shawn Cullen was the BEST DJ (hands down!). Shawn was professional, timely, and accommodating as we planned for our February 25th winter wedding. We had a live musician for our ceremony and cocktail hour. When we met ahead of time, Shawn coordinated and worked with the live musician to make sure that everything went seamlessly. Shawn's breadth of experience helped to guide us in the right direction to ensure that we included all of the important details. My fiance and I weren't very specific about certain songs, however, my only request was that Shawn played songs that would keep people dancing. Boy, did he deliver! Shawn played all the greatest dance party hits from each generation. I couldn't leave the dance floor! Shawn was incredibly 'in tune' with our crowd and was able to read the personalities and seamlessly think, adjust and adapt on his feet to play the perfect song for the moment. At one point a cowboy hat entered the dance floor. Shawn began playing the best country songs! I would recommend Shawn for anyone who is looking to have a crowd on the dance floor all night long! Thank you so much Shawn, you made our wedding night unforgettable!

The Music Man DJ Service 1

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2017

Diane and Ben were amazing! They knew just what to play and were very helpful! Always prompt in responding and great throughout the wedding day! Highly recommend these guys!

Erica · Married on 10/07/2017

Ben and Diane were the DJ's for our wedding on 10/7/2017. They were AMAZING! They were completely responsive and professionsal throughout the entire process and didn't miss a beat. Everyone was completely engaged with their music and danced the entire time. I gave them simple genres to play within and they were able to put togeter the perfect playlist for both dinner/reception, aswell as the dance party to follow! I couldnt have asked for better service or wedding reception because of them! It was simply perfect!

Kim · Married on 10/06/2017

Mitch was my initial contact for our wedding event. He was very responsive, professional and fully willing to work with all of our wants and needs. Mitch eventually hooked us up with Jason as our DJ once all the details were finalized. Jason was amazing! We met at our home to exchange details, ideas and to fine tune the program. Jason was very polite and down to earth. Kind of like a perfect match. Most of the music was hand picked by yours truly but there was gaps that needed to be filled and Jason did a wonderful job with the criteria we provided. All of our guests gave GREAT reviews and loved the music/entertainment. I have to admit that one of the most memorable moments during the whole day was when I was waiting ever so impatiently for my wedding party to make their way down the aisle.... Jason and I made eye contact through the door, from 2 stories up. I got the feeling he could tell how anxious I was and that I might bolt too quickly. He gave me a wink and a non nonchalant thumbs up. That was a small but very significant moment of relief knowing that he would give me the go, and he did. It was perfect. He totally had my back from start to finish and I couldn't be more thankful. He even made us a CD of the special songs. I would fully recommend The Music Man to any and everyone.
    Thank you so much Jason, we both appreciate everything you did to make our wedding day the best that it could be.
    Your card is on the way soon. ;)

The Music Man DJ Service 2
    The Music Man DJ Service 3
  • F

Farida · Married on 09/09/2017

Working with these guys was a dream. Mitch was very responsive and ensured that he knew
    what our needs were and matched us accordingly with the right DJ. Jason, our DJ was incredible. He coordinated with me via email and was so kind and flexible regarding last minute changes. He kept our dance floor moving and as a result our guests had SO much fun. I almost cried tears of joy at the end of the night when he presented us with a burned CD of our music from the night. I'd give these guys 10 stars if I could.

Skye · Married on 09/09/2017

We LOVED Barbra (DJ Vortex)! She was so easy to work with and gave us a great mix of music to keep our dance floor busy. Based on the songs we told her we liked, she gave us a great eclectic mix and worked with us to make sure that we would have enough energy to power her system, since we were on a private residence. We also had her MC the event, which was buffet-style, and she did an excellent job of letting our guests know what was going on and keeping our dance floor full. We had so many guests tell us how much FUN they had and Barbra played a big role in setting the atmosphere. Definitely would recommend her to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding!

Allison · Married on 08/19/2017

Mike Pomp DJ'd our wedding 8/19 in Kennebunkport ME and was AWESOME!! I had guests coming up to me all night saying how great he was! Our entrance into the reception was SO energetic and totally set the tone for the night. He played every song that was important to us and was super friendly and professional. I highly recommend Mike and the Music Man DJ Service for any bride-to-be!!! <3

Mary · Married on 08/12/2017

We booked Barbra to DJ our wedding and she was absolutely amazing! Barbra was so responsive over the past few months prior to my wedding. We spoke on the phone, via email, etc. She was so accommodating when it came to us choosing some specific songs that we wanted for the ceremony. She also helped us setup the microphone for the ceremony. She picked songs throughout the night that we requested but also made sure the crowd was enjoying the music and dancing all night! I had SOOO many guests ask me for her information at the end of the night because they said "The DJ was AWESOME" and that she was! Not only that, Barbra sent us home with several CD's from the all music she played from the ceremony to our last song of the night! My husband and I could not believe that she did this for us the night of our wedding. It is so special that we now have all this music! Barbra is the best and highly highly recommend calling the Music Man!

Jenn · Married on 08/12/2017

Caren Collins was our DJ for our First Ending Hunger Gala. She was very professional and so accommodating and friendly. She took all requests and knew how to set the proper music for the proper moods. She was very professional on the microphone and kept the evening flowing. She had all the equipment she needed and kept her station looking clean. I would definitely love to have her for a DJ again.

Nicole · Married on 06/04/2017

Mike did a wonderful job. He made the right decision with all music choices. I would recommend Mike for any occasion!

Danielle · Married on 04/29/2017

We were lucky enough to get Brian Phoenix for our wedding DJ. He was prompt with getting back to us and answered any questions we had. He played great music and got people dancing.

If you book the music man be sure to as for Phoenix!!

Justin · Married on 02/11/2017

Amazing! Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 01/06/2017

Mike Pomp kept our friends and family on the dance floor the entire time of reception! He was very kind and flexible. We received many compliments on our music and have recommended Mike Pomp at the Music Man to many people! If you want the atmosphere fun and running smooth, requests Mike play the beats on your special day!

Merissa · Married on 10/01/2016

Mitch, the owner of Music Man, was my first contact. He replied to my inquiry very quickly and then spoke with me over the phone giving me all the details of his services. He answered all my questions and made sure to ask what I needed in a DJ so that he could provide me with a good fit. He recommended Barbra Thompson and we got the ball rolling. I really appreciate that amount of time and detail Mitch took to book us the perfect DJ. Barbra emailed us quickly with some planning information to look over and promised to be in touch about a month before the wedding.

Fast forward to September and we had filled out the sheets and sent them on to Barbra. She set up a time to call me go through everything. From the moment we first spoke I knew she was someone we could trust to make the music on our day incredible. We had provided her with a list of around 100 songs that we loved and wanted to incorporate in the cocktail hour, dinner, or the reception but we weren't sure where to group them all. She assured us she would put them into categories and use them in the perfect moments --- and she did! I can honestly say that every song played was something we loved and fit perfectly in whatever moment Barbra chose. She kept the dance floor moving all night and her assistant (her daughter) was rocking out to the music behind the DJ table. Every person I spoke with thought they did an amazing job and they worked in requests perfectly without playing songs we had blacklisted :)

Barbra was so much fun and such a professional in every aspect. She made sure to ask about every detail in order to make our day perfect. She rolled with the punches and when there was no table available for the ceremony (due to a vendor miscommunication) she set up her equipment on a rock and went with it!

I can't say enough about how happy we were with Barbra and her daughter -- I would highly recommend her services for any event!

Jess · Married on 10/01/2016

We worked through the Music Man DJ Service to bring on Jason Strycharz as our DJ and MC, and he was a perfect fit for our wedding! Jason met with us to go over our music preferences, the name pronunciations for our families and wedding party for introductions (a detail we never considered and that my now-husband was very happy about), and the overall flow of events, from which he created a document to share with all our on-site vendors to keep everyone on the same page. He promptly replied to questions and emails, and he was honest with us when we had 40+ songs on our must-play list. Even after we moved all but 15 to the nice-to-hear list, he still managed to incorporate many of them into our wedding music along with the remaining must-plays. And the most vital part: His instincts are sharp, and he kept the dance floor hopping!

We’ve gotten many, many compliments about our music selections, and everyone says they had a wonderful time. But that’s not all: Jason coordinated with our on-site contact and arrived hours before the ceremony to ensure he had time to set everything up, and when we had to make a last-minute, weather-related location decision, he was quick to adapt. Our reception was short, as far as receptions go, and the cold, rainy weather complicated the evening in more ways than one, so when we decided to skip a few elements on our itinerary to save time (notably the cake cutting and the Generations Dance), Jason didn’t miss a beat. We invited him and his wife along to the after-party, and we were delighted they came and hung out with us and our friends and families for a bit.

Finally, Jason was the first vendor to contact us after the wedding, sending us a lovely thank-you note that I’m embarrassed to have not responded to yet. By the end of the night, Jason felt like a friend we’d known for years. We were so happy to have him there to guide our wedding day and ensure our guests had a good time, and we recommend him wholeheartedly!

Brittney · Married on 09/17/2016

The Music Man dj services was excellent. We met them at a wedding show in Auburn, ME. At the wedding show we scheduled a phone call for later in the week and went over all of the details. Shawn Cullen was our DJ and he did a PHENOMENAL JOB. He was extremely easy to communicate with leading up to the wedding and ensured everything was exactly how we wanted it. He was accommodating and very responsive to all of our inquiries. Shawn went over everything at a convenient time for us to ensure it matched up with our plan. At the reception, Shawn kept everyone dancing the entire night, which is exactly what we wanted. We gave him a few songs that we wanted and told him the type of music that we liked and he filled in the rest. The night was perfect and everything went smoothly. I highly recommend The Music Man dj services to anyone planning a wedding or any other type of event; especially Shawn if he is available.