The Music Man DJ Service Reviews

The Music Man DJ Service 6
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Dieuveuil · Married on 10/04/2019

Jason Is All About A Memorable Experience

Jason was such a great addition to our wedding reception. Jason worked with my husband and I before the wedding to ensure a detailed timeline, nail down pronounciation of all names and to ensure all of our questions were answered. Jason also worked with my father to create a surprise memorable experience for our father daughter dance. All of our guests commented on how much fun Jason was to have at the reception.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Bonnie

Bonnie Wahrer · Married on 08/24/2019

Best Wedding DJ Ever!

Jason DJ-ed our wedding on August 24, 2019, at an outdoor venue in Saco, Maine. We couldn’t be happier with his service. We met with Jason at a local restaurant a few months before the wedding where he asked us detailed questions about our wants/needs, our vision for the wedding, our style, etc. etc. Jason was well organized and had a lot of suggestions/examples for us when we weren’t sure. At the wedding, Jason absolutely killed it. Jason set up with plenty of time to spare. He also played music that keep a large majority of our guests, both old and young, dancing right until 10pm. I’m still hearing from people saying how they have never danced so much at a wedding! He knew how to read the crowd and play the music that ensured everyone had a good time. I highly recommend Jason for as a wedding DJ!

Sent on 09/23/2019
    The Music Man DJ Service 7
    The Music Man DJ Service 8
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/17/2019

Highly Recommended!!

We worked with Jason Strycharz who we highly recommend! Jason was extremely easy to work with. After working with many vendors for the wedding Jason was by far the easiest to work with. He was responsive to our emails, extremely professional, but also casual enough to meet up with us like we had been friends for years and help us achieve our vision! He is such a nice, kind person I'm so thankful we chose him! After interviewing many, many DJs we are extremely happy with our decision. He was an awesome DJ, had everyone dancing the entire night! I am still having people tell me how much fun they had and how they haven't danced that much in ages- both old and young! He came all the way over to the Inn on Peaks Island, was familiar with the ferry, had no problems getting the sound in both the outdoor and indoor areas (it's a unique venue layout). He even recorded the night and gave us a digital copy so we can play it later on and reminisce! Thank you Jason!!

Sent on 08/24/2019

Amanda,

Thank you so much for your kind words. You both made it so easy as well! You and Kevin were an absolute pleasure to work with and what a great dance party! I'm still thinking about how much fun I had. I wish you both all the best!

Jason
  • Sarah

Sarah Fraser · Married on 08/10/2019

5 STARS! Hire DJ Vortex, She was Amazing!

I WOULD HIGHLY recommend The Music Man DJ Company for your wedding and use Barbara aka DJ Vortex, she was amazing. Here's what I emailed to Barbara after our wedding: Dan and I wanted to share with you what a TRULY AMAZING job you did. Seriously, I worked in radio for 10yrs and you're one of the best. So professional, timing was awesome, the mixes were great. We are so grateful for you. Please let us know if we can send a recommendation or if your clients ever want to speak with another client feel free to use us. We LOVE you. Great job. Sarah

Sent on 08/14/2019
    The Music Man DJ Service 9
  • Danielle

Danielle Walters · Married on 08/03/2019

Jason is the best.

Jason Strycharz was our DJ for our wedding this past August and we couldn't have picked a better one! He was so easy to work with from day one, and even created a couple custom tracks for our wedding day. Our group LOVES dancing and Jason definitely didn't disappoint. He really knows how to read the crowd and kept everyone dancing for the entire night! Thank you so much Jason, our wedding would not have been the same without you!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Robyn

Robyn Noe-Fifield · Married on 07/20/2019

Attentive and awesome!

We're very glad we went with The Music Man DJ Service for our wedding. Mitch was very on top of communicating with us and sent us a straightforward form to fill out regarding the music we wanted. Jason P. was our DJ and he did an awesome job! Very friendly and easy to work with. He helped us figure out the order of the night and was totally understanding when there were some things we wanted to skip (bouquet and garter toss, for example). Planning was super laid back but no detail got overlooked. We are very satisfied! It was a very fun night and our guests had a really good time!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Robyn St. Laurent · Married on 07/20/2019

Chris @ Music Man DJ Service

We had a great experience with Chris Lothridge at Music Man DJ Service. He really went above and beyond, both before the wedding to make sure all of the music was correct, and the day of as well. He was even running around and offering us water during our post-ceremony pictures (it was 100 degrees outside). All of our guests loved the music and we got tons of compliments about how great Chris was!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 07/06/2019

Really great

Our wedding had some power issues due to severe rain, but our DJ was amazing at troubleshooting and fixing the issues quickly. Then he played a great mix of music that was perfect for our super ecclectic guests

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Adam

Adam Seigal · Married on 07/06/2019

Terrific Experience!

We had a terrific experience working with the Music Man DJ Service, specifically Jason Strycharz. From the very beginning, Jason was easy to work with and always accessible to answer questions. Prior to our wedding Jason spent significant time working with us to plan the logistics of the evening (married on an island). He arranged a sound check with our first dance singer. We felt completely confident that he had everything under control. Then during the wedding itself, Jason absolutely delivered. He played every song we requested, and filled in the rest with the genres we preferred. He was also a terrific emcee. We had numerous compliments on how great the song selection was and how smoothly the evening went. Bottom Line? Get Jason and Music Man DJ Service. You won't regret it!

Sent on 07/14/2019

The Music Man DJ Service's reply:

Adam, thank you so much for the kind words! You and Sarah were so great to work with. I'm so happy that despite the downpour we had, everyone had a great time. What a memorable night with that sunset too! I wish you both all the best.

Jason

Annie · Married on 06/22/2019

Reliable, talented, responsive!

We had the most amazing experience with the Music Man DJ Services. Our DJ Barbra, "DJ Vortex" was phenomenal. She was responsive, listened to exactly what we wanted, was kind and compassionate and willing to do whatever we needed. She was a calm and steady presence and just a joy to work with!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Fogarty · Married on 06/22/2019

Full Dance Floor. Professional & Personable. Chris Lothridge is amazing!

After photographing weddings weekend after weekend we still struggled to find a DJ for our own wedding. Then we met Chris Lothridge. We absolutely loved him upon introduction and had the best time working with him, we couldn’t help but dance along with cameras in our hand.

When it came time to book our own DJ we knew he would be the perfect fit. He was professional, easy to reach, and extremely personable. Our dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT. I mean from introductions until the very end. I don’t think it was ever empty. He played the perfect mix of oldies and new songs to help keep the crowd entertained. Our family and friends are still talking about how amazing he was.

We highly recommend him to all our friends and clients and can’t wait for the next opportunity to work with him.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Jaime · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful!

Working with Jason from The Music Man DJ Service was really great! He was prompt and responsive and so easy to talk to and share our vision for the day. He was awesome on our wedding day and the guests loved the music! I would definitely recommend him to others for any event!!!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Meg · Married on 02/02/2019

Reilable and thoughtful

Jason Strycharz was great to work with. My partner and I wanted to get people up and dancing, but weren't prepared to give someone a full playlist. Jason was able to help us select something traditional for the ceremony, some nice background music for cocktails/dinner, and then pleased our guests with some crowd favorites. It was clear throughout the process he has experience and likes his job.

Sent on 02/25/2019
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly Recommend!

I was recommended Music Man DJ Service after asking a friend who is very knowledgable about New England wedding DJs if they could recommend someone who would do a great job for a great price and not be over the top and cheesy while on the microphone. I could not be more happy with this recommendation! I reached out to Music Man DJ service and within a few hours had an appointment set up with Mitch to talk about what I was looking for.

We were able to meet with Jason S, our wedding DJ, the day of our initial meeting and my fiancé and I immediately knew Music Man DJ Service was the right choice. Jason is friendly, professional, and accommodating from the get go!

As a wedding photographer myself, I just happened to be fortunate enough to shoot a wedding where Jason was the DJ just a few days after signing the contract. It was a unique but awesome opportunity to be able to work with Jason as a colleague and see him in action before my wedding day.

I am so happy with my choice to go with Jason and Music Man DJ Service! He helped us finalize the timeline for our reception, choose key songs, and was skilled in reading the crowd and keeping the party going! Any time I need a DJ in the future I'll be reaching out to Jason and I'll be recommending him to anyone I know looking for a DJ!

Sent on 01/06/2019

terri · Married on 10/13/2018

Kept the party going

Jason S was incredible. He took the time to get to know us and what we wanted our reception to be. We provided few details and let him read the crowd and no one was disappointed. He kept things moving and the dance floor full!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Emily · Married on 09/29/2018

Diane and Ben were the DJs for our wedding reception this past weekend and they were absolutely amazing! Not only did they play great music and MC the wedding party's entrance, but they also took the time to let us know when certain parts of the reception were coming up such as the cake cutting and special dances. They went above and beyond by socializing with all of our guests and having a great time themselves! If you're looking for a DJ for an event, definitely consider requesting Diane and Ben. They are very affordable and are great people! :)

Sent on 09/18/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 09/22/2018

Highly Recommend

I highly recommend the Music Man DJ Service. DJ John Edwards did a great job of DJing our wedding and being the master of ceremony! We had a great dance party and everything went very smoothly. Thank you!!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2018

We definitely recommend the Music Man DJ Service! Mitch was wonderful and very responsive getting in touch right away and getting us connected with our DJ Shawn! Shawn was AMAZING!! Very easy to get a hold of, very responsive, and flexible! He kept everyone dancing when we didn’t think we had a dancing crowd and he even jumped in to help with a little joke presentation I had planned and was the perfect assistant! He coordinated with my other vendors and the day just flowed perfectly!! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Sheena · Married on 09/08/2018

The Music Man dj service did my sisters wedding and I knew I had to have them for mine as well. Ben and Diane are absolutely amazing. They were so nice and easy to work with, played the best music and helped keep me on track as it was a backyard wedding and therefore no wedding planner. Really can't say enough good things about them, an absolute must for anyone planning a wedding (or any other occasion).

Sent on 09/21/2018

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2018

We were so happy with Jason! We were specific with a lot of the songs we wanted played and most, if not all of them, were not your typical wedding songs. We were given a form to fill out, which was helpful because it let us know just how much went into DJing a wedding. I even wanted to surprise my husband with the FSU war chant for our entrance and Jason was able to get that done! It was definitely a more club feel with more recent music, which was exactly what we wanted!!! Our guests had a blast and so did we!

Sent on 09/07/2018
  • Adam

Adam Lessard · Married on 07/07/2018

Hands down best DJ!!!

Picking Jason as our DJ was the best decision we made throughout the process. Everything he put in front of us was perfect but also the way he handled it all. He was very relaxed throughout the process, which made us relaxed as well. We gave Jason a super, super long list of music that we wanted and he made it happen!! We had so many compliments about the DJ at our wedding and afterwards. Shea and I are so thankful for you and your service!! Highly recommend this guy!!!!!!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Mark · Married on 06/02/2018

We had Jason Strycharz from Music Man DJ as our wedding DJ in June 2018 and highly recommend him. From our first phone call with him until the wedding day he was extremely organized, professional, and knowledgeable. He helped us determine the timeline of the day and pick out special songs. Our venue was complicated and required him to bring 3 different set-ups. He arrived early to set-up and test out all his equipment, and there were absolutely no problems! Everyone could clearly hear the toasts and speeches during dinner, and the dancing music he chose was a huge hit. I heard so many compliments on our DJ throughout the night! Many thanks to Jason and Music Man DJ!

Sent on 06/10/2018

The Music Man DJ Service's reply:

Mark thank you so much for the kind words. Yours and Jess's wedding was so much fun! You picked an absolutely amazing spot right on the water and I can't believe how much your family and friends danced. I personally loved your sparkler send off at the end of the night. It really tied the whole day together. I wish you both all the best!

Jason Strycharz

Bert · Married on 06/02/2018

Had them for our 35th reunion at UNH. Absolutely great!! Picked great music, took requests, totally entertaining. Would strongly recommend them for any type of event. Bert Freedman Class Treasurer

Sent on 06/19/2018

Laura · Married on 06/01/2018

We had Jason Strycharz as our DJ for our wedding back in June. He was amazing, went above and beyond for us, and we would highly recommend him. He was always available to answer questions (whether through email or phone ), and was great to work with throughout the whole wedding planning process. I had a very specific vision for the music for my wedding, and he 100% covered all the bases. From helping us lay out the timeline, to playing all the different preferred genres of music between me, my husband, and my father, Jason went above and beyond. Jason even went along with my weird request of having an "emo dance party" -- my guests and I loved it! We received so many compliments regarding the music. And at the end of the night, Jason gave us a mix tape CD of all our songs! It was such a nice touch. Thank you, Jason! You truly made our wedding day!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Allison · Married on 05/26/2018

Hire these people. Seriously! Because of these people, specifically Brian Phoenix, our friends and family deemed our wedding the wedding of the summer, (and it was only June)!!
    Quality of Service: Brian Phoenix provided us with the songs and music we requested, filled with other great tunes that kept our entire guest list on the floor the whole night.
    Responsiveness: Very timely about responding to emails, phone calls, or sending info/contracts in the mail. We never were waiting to hear from him.
    Professionalism: He showed up early. He was dressed to impress. He was incredibly polite to our guests, and even made friends with my uncle.
    Value: Great value! I felt that it was an appropriate amount for the awesome job that he did! We initially looked at other with higher prices, but I honestly do not think that we would have gotten as good of quality as Brian Phoenix with the Music Man DJ Service.
    Flexibility: Incredibly flexible. We need audio at the Portland Head Light for our ceremony, no problem. He walked us through what equipment would be needed, how we could plug in the musicians, and he did not appear to think this additional time was burdensome in the least.

Sent on 07/16/2015