The Music Man DJ Service Reviews

The Music Man DJ Service 3
The Music Man DJ Service 4
  • Sarah

Sarah Fraser · Married on 08/10/2019

5 STARS! Hire DJ Vortex, She was Amazing!

I WOULD HIGHLY recommend The Music Man DJ Company for your wedding and use Barbara aka DJ Vortex, she was amazing. Here's what I emailed to Barbara after our wedding: Dan and I wanted to share with you what a TRULY AMAZING job you did. Seriously, I worked in radio for 10yrs and you're one of the best. So professional, timing was awesome, the mixes were great. We are so grateful for you. Please let us know if we can send a recommendation or if your clients ever want to speak with another client feel free to use us. We LOVE you. Great job. Sarah

Sent on 08/14/2019
    The Music Man DJ Service 5
  • Robyn

Robyn Noe-Fifield · Married on 07/20/2019

Attentive and awesome!

We're very glad we went with The Music Man DJ Service for our wedding. Mitch was very on top of communicating with us and sent us a straightforward form to fill out regarding the music we wanted. Jason P. was our DJ and he did an awesome job! Very friendly and easy to work with. He helped us figure out the order of the night and was totally understanding when there were some things we wanted to skip (bouquet and garter toss, for example). Planning was super laid back but no detail got overlooked. We are very satisfied! It was a very fun night and our guests had a really good time!

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 07/06/2019

Really great

Our wedding had some power issues due to severe rain, but our DJ was amazing at troubleshooting and fixing the issues quickly. Then he played a great mix of music that was perfect for our super ecclectic guests

Sent on 07/09/2019

Annie · Married on 06/22/2019

Reliable, talented, responsive!

We had the most amazing experience with the Music Man DJ Services. Our DJ Barbra, "DJ Vortex" was phenomenal. She was responsive, listened to exactly what we wanted, was kind and compassionate and willing to do whatever we needed. She was a calm and steady presence and just a joy to work with!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Fogarty · Married on 06/22/2019

Full Dance Floor. Professional & Personable. Chris Lothridge is amazing!

After photographing weddings weekend after weekend we still struggled to find a DJ for our own wedding. Then we met Chris Lothridge. We absolutely loved him upon introduction and had the best time working with him, we couldn’t help but dance along with cameras in our hand.

When it came time to book our own DJ we knew he would be the perfect fit. He was professional, easy to reach, and extremely personable. Our dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT. I mean from introductions until the very end. I don’t think it was ever empty. He played the perfect mix of oldies and new songs to help keep the crowd entertained. Our family and friends are still talking about how amazing he was.

We highly recommend him to all our friends and clients and can’t wait for the next opportunity to work with him.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Jaime · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful!

Working with Jason from The Music Man DJ Service was really great! He was prompt and responsive and so easy to talk to and share our vision for the day. He was awesome on our wedding day and the guests loved the music! I would definitely recommend him to others for any event!!!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Meg · Married on 02/02/2019

Reilable and thoughtful

Jason Strycharz was great to work with. My partner and I wanted to get people up and dancing, but weren't prepared to give someone a full playlist. Jason was able to help us select something traditional for the ceremony, some nice background music for cocktails/dinner, and then pleased our guests with some crowd favorites. It was clear throughout the process he has experience and likes his job.

Sent on 02/25/2019
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly Recommend!

I was recommended Music Man DJ Service after asking a friend who is very knowledgable about New England wedding DJs if they could recommend someone who would do a great job for a great price and not be over the top and cheesy while on the microphone. I could not be more happy with this recommendation! I reached out to Music Man DJ service and within a few hours had an appointment set up with Mitch to talk about what I was looking for.

We were able to meet with Jason S, our wedding DJ, the day of our initial meeting and my fiancé and I immediately knew Music Man DJ Service was the right choice. Jason is friendly, professional, and accommodating from the get go!

As a wedding photographer myself, I just happened to be fortunate enough to shoot a wedding where Jason was the DJ just a few days after signing the contract. It was a unique but awesome opportunity to be able to work with Jason as a colleague and see him in action before my wedding day.

I am so happy with my choice to go with Jason and Music Man DJ Service! He helped us finalize the timeline for our reception, choose key songs, and was skilled in reading the crowd and keeping the party going! Any time I need a DJ in the future I'll be reaching out to Jason and I'll be recommending him to anyone I know looking for a DJ!

Sent on 01/06/2019

terri · Married on 10/13/2018

Kept the party going

Jason S was incredible. He took the time to get to know us and what we wanted our reception to be. We provided few details and let him read the crowd and no one was disappointed. He kept things moving and the dance floor full!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Emily · Married on 09/29/2018

Diane and Ben were the DJs for our wedding reception this past weekend and they were absolutely amazing! Not only did they play great music and MC the wedding party's entrance, but they also took the time to let us know when certain parts of the reception were coming up such as the cake cutting and special dances. They went above and beyond by socializing with all of our guests and having a great time themselves! If you're looking for a DJ for an event, definitely consider requesting Diane and Ben. They are very affordable and are great people! :)

Sent on 09/18/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 09/22/2018

Highly Recommend

I highly recommend the Music Man DJ Service. DJ John Edwards did a great job of DJing our wedding and being the master of ceremony! We had a great dance party and everything went very smoothly. Thank you!!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2018

We definitely recommend the Music Man DJ Service! Mitch was wonderful and very responsive getting in touch right away and getting us connected with our DJ Shawn! Shawn was AMAZING!! Very easy to get a hold of, very responsive, and flexible! He kept everyone dancing when we didn’t think we had a dancing crowd and he even jumped in to help with a little joke presentation I had planned and was the perfect assistant! He coordinated with my other vendors and the day just flowed perfectly!! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Sheena · Married on 09/08/2018

The Music Man dj service did my sisters wedding and I knew I had to have them for mine as well. Ben and Diane are absolutely amazing. They were so nice and easy to work with, played the best music and helped keep me on track as it was a backyard wedding and therefore no wedding planner. Really can't say enough good things about them, an absolute must for anyone planning a wedding (or any other occasion).

Sent on 09/21/2018

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2018

We were so happy with Jason! We were specific with a lot of the songs we wanted played and most, if not all of them, were not your typical wedding songs. We were given a form to fill out, which was helpful because it let us know just how much went into DJing a wedding. I even wanted to surprise my husband with the FSU war chant for our entrance and Jason was able to get that done! It was definitely a more club feel with more recent music, which was exactly what we wanted!!! Our guests had a blast and so did we!

Sent on 09/07/2018
  • Adam

Adam Lessard · Married on 07/07/2018

Hands down best DJ!!!

Picking Jason as our DJ was the best decision we made throughout the process. Everything he put in front of us was perfect but also the way he handled it all. He was very relaxed throughout the process, which made us relaxed as well. We gave Jason a super, super long list of music that we wanted and he made it happen!! We had so many compliments about the DJ at our wedding and afterwards. Shea and I are so thankful for you and your service!! Highly recommend this guy!!!!!!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Mark · Married on 06/02/2018

We had Jason Strycharz from Music Man DJ as our wedding DJ in June 2018 and highly recommend him. From our first phone call with him until the wedding day he was extremely organized, professional, and knowledgeable. He helped us determine the timeline of the day and pick out special songs. Our venue was complicated and required him to bring 3 different set-ups. He arrived early to set-up and test out all his equipment, and there were absolutely no problems! Everyone could clearly hear the toasts and speeches during dinner, and the dancing music he chose was a huge hit. I heard so many compliments on our DJ throughout the night! Many thanks to Jason and Music Man DJ!

Sent on 06/10/2018

The Music Man DJ Service's reply:

Mark thank you so much for the kind words. Yours and Jess's wedding was so much fun! You picked an absolutely amazing spot right on the water and I can't believe how much your family and friends danced. I personally loved your sparkler send off at the end of the night. It really tied the whole day together. I wish you both all the best!

Jason Strycharz

Bert · Married on 06/02/2018

Had them for our 35th reunion at UNH. Absolutely great!! Picked great music, took requests, totally entertaining. Would strongly recommend them for any type of event. Bert Freedman Class Treasurer

Sent on 06/19/2018

Laura · Married on 06/01/2018

We had Jason Strycharz as our DJ for our wedding back in June. He was amazing, went above and beyond for us, and we would highly recommend him. He was always available to answer questions (whether through email or phone ), and was great to work with throughout the whole wedding planning process. I had a very specific vision for the music for my wedding, and he 100% covered all the bases. From helping us lay out the timeline, to playing all the different preferred genres of music between me, my husband, and my father, Jason went above and beyond. Jason even went along with my weird request of having an "emo dance party" -- my guests and I loved it! We received so many compliments regarding the music. And at the end of the night, Jason gave us a mix tape CD of all our songs! It was such a nice touch. Thank you, Jason! You truly made our wedding day!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Allison · Married on 05/26/2018

Hire these people. Seriously! Because of these people, specifically Brian Phoenix, our friends and family deemed our wedding the wedding of the summer, (and it was only June)!!
    Quality of Service: Brian Phoenix provided us with the songs and music we requested, filled with other great tunes that kept our entire guest list on the floor the whole night.
    Responsiveness: Very timely about responding to emails, phone calls, or sending info/contracts in the mail. We never were waiting to hear from him.
    Professionalism: He showed up early. He was dressed to impress. He was incredibly polite to our guests, and even made friends with my uncle.
    Value: Great value! I felt that it was an appropriate amount for the awesome job that he did! We initially looked at other with higher prices, but I honestly do not think that we would have gotten as good of quality as Brian Phoenix with the Music Man DJ Service.
    Flexibility: Incredibly flexible. We need audio at the Portland Head Light for our ceremony, no problem. He walked us through what equipment would be needed, how we could plug in the musicians, and he did not appear to think this additional time was burdensome in the least.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Rebecca · Married on 02/25/2018

Shawn Cullen was the BEST DJ (hands down!). Shawn was professional, timely, and accommodating as we planned for our February 25th winter wedding. We had a live musician for our ceremony and cocktail hour. When we met ahead of time, Shawn coordinated and worked with the live musician to make sure that everything went seamlessly. Shawn's breadth of experience helped to guide us in the right direction to ensure that we included all of the important details. My fiance and I weren't very specific about certain songs, however, my only request was that Shawn played songs that would keep people dancing. Boy, did he deliver! Shawn played all the greatest dance party hits from each generation. I couldn't leave the dance floor! Shawn was incredibly 'in tune' with our crowd and was able to read the personalities and seamlessly think, adjust and adapt on his feet to play the perfect song for the moment. At one point a cowboy hat entered the dance floor. Shawn began playing the best country songs! I would recommend Shawn for anyone who is looking to have a crowd on the dance floor all night long! Thank you so much Shawn, you made our wedding night unforgettable!

Sent on 05/01/2018
    The Music Man DJ Service 6

P · event on 12/11/2017

We used the Music Man for our corporate event. Jason Paquette was wonderful to work with. He was professional and early to set up. Our event was an Oscar theme for our team members in which Jason ehnaced by playing music as if we were attending the real thing. Jason thought of little things in regards to the music to make it a night to remember. We have every intention of using jason and the Music Man in the future.

Sent on 12/16/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2017

Diane and Ben were amazing! They knew just what to play and were very helpful! Always prompt in responding and great throughout the wedding day! Highly recommend these guys!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Emily · Married on 10/14/2017

Jason Strycharz was our wedding DJ. Throughout the entire process, from our initial meetings to the day of the wedding, Jason was extremely professional and accommodating. He took the time to meet with us on two different occasions before the big day to ease our minds and ensure everything would run smoothly, from the day of timeline, to introductions, to those special songs. He even made us a mixed CD of the sentimental songs he played that day. I chose to have some uplighting at our reception and Jason was willing to meet with me ahead of time (he even brought his uplights) so that I could see the color options and exactly what it would look like in the room. He definitely had a great deal of music knowledge and was able to guide us in choosing our introduction song as well as our cocktail and dinner music. I highly recommend Jason! We are so happy we chose him as the DJ for our wedding!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Erica · Married on 10/07/2017

Ben and Diane were the DJ's for our wedding on 10/7/2017. They were AMAZING! They were completely responsive and professionsal throughout the entire process and didn't miss a beat. Everyone was completely engaged with their music and danced the entire time. I gave them simple genres to play within and they were able to put togeter the perfect playlist for both dinner/reception, aswell as the dance party to follow! I couldnt have asked for better service or wedding reception because of them! It was simply perfect!

Sent on 10/10/2017