The Moon Units Reviews

The Moon Units View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Courtney
    Courtney Married on 10/02/2021

The Moon Units rock! Literally!

I would hire The Moon Units again and again. They made our wedding an absolute blast and everything we could have imagined. We rescheduled our wedding 4 times due to the pandemic, and they were constantly gracious and accommodating and nothing short of wonderful. They were amazing performers and our guests loved the karaoke and can’t stop talking about it. Price was the same as a DJ and we got an unforgettable experience and dance party.

The Moon Units's reply:

Thanks so much, Courtney. It was a wonderful night from beginning to end, and we were so happy to play a role in it.
    G Oliva Married on 08/14/2021

So much fun!

The band accommodated every request we sent them ahead of time and was quick to respond. They came in early to set up and packed up in a flash. But the biggest selling point is their talent. DANG! I'm a fellow musician so I say this with no exaggeration: this band is one of the best bands I ever heard in LA. And to top it off, the live band karaoke was such a great way to end the night. All our guests had a GREAT time. Hire the Moon Units, you won't regret it.

The Moon Units's reply:

Thanks Gabe! Always an honor when a fellow musician chooses you to play for them! And you sounded pretty great yourself. ;)
    Jason B. Married on 08/08/2021

Best wedding band ever

We were so incredibly honored to have The Moon Units be our wedding band. From their first note to their last, they kept our guests dancing! They sounded absolutely incredible and even learned several songs just for us! Almost everyone at our wedding told us that The Moon Units were their favorite part of the party. Can't wait to hear them again!

The Moon Units's reply:

The honor was all ours, Jason! Thanks for letting us play for you... and accompany you! We had a wonderful time.
  • Hailey
    Hailey B. Married on 10/12/2019

Really just one of the most amazing bands ever!

These guys were Beyond amazing!! really took our wedding up a notch and are one of the best bands I’ve ever heard! if you’re looking for an amazing wedding band that doesn’t provide a lot of cheesiness please just hire these guys you thank us later
    Nick Married on 06/15/2019

The Perfect Party

The Moon Units ticked every box for us. Going through pages and hours of wedding ideas and YouTubes, something about the DJ route seemed so...small...boring....stale. We wanted an outrageously FUN, high-energy wedding, something people would remember. So when we saw the Moon Units perform at a friend's live karaoke birthday party, we knew they were perfect. They catered to every entertainment need we had: they handled MC duties, played our playlists on their PA for cocktail hour, provided lighting and sound equipment, and brought down the house with a really impressive song list. There's nothing like a live band to get everyone on their feet. Best of all, their rates were REASONABLE for how much value they added. I highly recommend the Moon Units, ESPECIALLY if you don't want your wedding to be a stuffy, fuffy duffy affair!
    Christian V. Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing band!

I have not stopped hearing all the compliments that came from our attendees. They LOVED you guys! I had couples asking me to share your contact info for their events. We appreciate you guys playing the entire night and making it such a breeze to work together. Everyone had a blast singing their hearts out!
    Dana C. Married on 12/01/2018

Phenomenal Band, Amazing Experience

It is an honor to write this review on behalf of The Moon Units. They were, without a doubt, the highlight of our entire wedding weekend. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE at the wedding loved them. (Yes even my now father-in-law, who is a professional musician and had to admit “that band is damn good.”) We loved their amazing lead singers, who sound like Grammy winners. We loved the incredible energy of their players. And we LOVED the horns!! Every time they played, the songs just POPPED.

The band director Dylan is very organized but also very laid back. The band offers a lot of options, but Dylan presented them in a way that wasn’t overwhelming. He was very straightforward and never pushed services we didn’t need. He understood what we wanted, and THE MOON UNITS DELIVERED.

Brides, grooms, I was in your shoes and kind of overwhelmed by all the band options out there. We chose The Moon Units and we could not have been happier. I will go so far as to say it was the BEST choice we made for the entire wedding. Hire them and you will understand what I mean!!
    Sam P. Married on 09/08/2018

Perfect Across The Board

The Moon Units are aces. Whatever you’d want in a band, they provide it in spades.

Professionalism 5/5 - Dylan was great with communication and explaining everything the band could do. I’m a big planner and he got that and worked with me to make sure everything was right down to the last detail.

Talent 5/5 - Unbelievable that one band could play so many styles so well. Their lead singer Cassie has one of the most beautiful voices you will ever hear. All the players are top notch.

Personalities 5/5 - Couldn’t have been nicer or kinder to our guests. And so much fun to watch them do their thing on stage. These guys are cool but completely approachable.

Versatility 5/5 - They had the largest song list of any band we contacted. And they can do “live karaoke” and accompany any kind of singer in pretty much any style.

Price 5/5 - The Moon Units provide incredible value. So much talent and so many options, and yet they also offered the best price.

Overall 5/5 - Working with The Moon Units was completely positive from start to finish. FULL ENDORSEMENT from us!
    Brent K. Married on 09/01/2018

Classy, Professional, and Fun!

The Moon Units are all-stars. From our very first conversation with Dylan, my wife and I experienced completely attentive, personalized, detail-oriented service. He laid out all the band’s options, and for all of them, The Moon Units offered better prices and more service than any other group we came across. They worked perfectly with our wedding planner and our venue, and handled all the details involving music. However the real magic came on the day of the wedding. Members of the band played our ceremony, and their performances set the perfect mood. They also played our cocktail hour and finished up with dance music after dinner. By the way, their lead singer sounds like a cross between Adele and Tina Turner. We couldn’t believe that she was singing at our wedding. And the whole band was just fantastic.

From start to finish, The Moon Units gave us an absolutely first rate wedding band experience, and we give them our highest recommendation!
  • Liana
    Liana L. Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing experience - Hire this band for your wedding if you can get them!

I'm going to get to the point right now: Hire The Moon Units to play your wedding. Trust me on this.

We did a massive amount of research into wedding bands before picking one. We chose The Moon Units for their talent, their flexibility, and the "live band karaoke" option (which was a major hit). Last but not least, we chose them because their price was a lot more reasonable than many of the other groups we contacted. Wedding bands aren't cheap, but The Moon Units actually offered more players and a bigger song selection than much more expensive bands. There really was no reason not to go with them.

We used three of the band members to play our wedding ceremony, and then the full group played our cocktail hour and dance set. The final hour of the night was dedicated to live band karaoke, and I'm pretty sure that was the highlight of our entire wedding weekend. We really wanted our guests to have a memorable time, and getting to sing with a band as awesome as The Moon Units definitely accomplished that!

To everyone who's reading this as they do research for their own wedding... I am sharing, free of charge, my secret to an amazing reception: Get this band! That is the secret.
  • Carla
    Carla Married on 07/21/2018
    This is no exaggeration: The Moon Units were THE BEST single choice we made in our wedding planning! And that is saying something because we also loved our other vendors. Seriously this band is so accommodating, so professional and so TALENTED. We really couldn't be happier. And we got so many compliments from guests.

There are a lot of great things I could say about The Moon Units, but I'll highlight a couple. The first one was that their representative Dylan was so accommodating and friendly as he worked with us to finalize a format and a set list. He coordinated with our wedding planner and venue and so, honestly, we didn't have to worry about anything. They played everything we were hoping to hear and we told them to surprise us with the rest of the set. It was perfect.

Another thing that really impressed us was the overall abilities of the band. They were so great at so many different genres and I really liked that they picked a set list that had something for everyone. They also learned a song that my maid of honor serenaded us with, which was a highlight. We chose to have their singers perform covers for the first half of the reception, and they sounded amazing. For the second half, we shifted to the Live Band Karaoke option, which was a total blast. We have a lot of performers in our friend group, so it was a perfect way to add excitement to the second half of our reception.

I enthusiastically recommend the Moon Units to anyone. They are a fantastic wedding band, but honestly I'd hire them for any kind of event. That's how good they are. Music is so important for a wedding, it can really make or break your reception! I think having the Moon Units for our wedding was key in making the evening unforgettable. I'm so happy we hired them!
    Evan R. Married on 07/07/2018

5 star wedding band

Our experience with The Moon Units was 5 stars from beginning to end. In planning our wedding, my now-wife and I made our top priority a fantastic band. We had heard The Moon Units at another wedding, and we asked them to play for us as well. They were super professional and responsive at all times, easygoing and never brought any stress into the process. We paid a bit extra to use their horn section, which was totally worth it, and in fact we were so impressed with every member of the band. They can really play, their singer Cassie sounds unreal, and they have a huge list of songs you can select from.

We got a ton of compliments both during and after the wedding. I really think the band understood our needs and what kind of guests we'd have, and they picked songs that perfectly fit our vibe. Also, although we didn't go with the "live karaoke" option for our own wedding, we did see them do it at a different wedding and that was really fun. For my next wedding I'll book that - just kidding ;‑)

Thank you, The Moon Units! 5 stars!
    Edward Married on 06/30/2018
    We love The Moon Units!!! Not only did they bring the party, they WERE the party! We got married this past summer and they are still the talk of the town (it's now fall!). Not only did they work around 20+ individual performers song requests and schedules so that we could rehearse a few days before our reception, on the day of the wedding they brought costumes and flair for specific performances. It was off the chain!!! Just a wonderful group of musicians and gentlemen. We bow down to their professionalism and creativity and can not say enough about these celestial beings. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THE MOST MEMORABLE PARTY EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE, ROCKET YOUR WAY TO THESE MOON UNITS.
    Sarah B. Married on 09/09/2017

I’d Give Them 6 Stars If I Could

I have been to more weddings than I can count, and when I was planning my own, I already knew the key to make the day amazing: the band. Get a great band, and your guests will rave about your wedding forever. Get a boring band or (no offense) a DJ, and no one will remember it. So I was very motivated to get the best band out there. And thankfully I found The Moon Units!

The Moon Units band was PHENOMENAL. They got a room of 200 people onto the dance floor before we could blink, and they kept them there with song after song of amazing energy and talent. We loved the mix of genres they offered. Pop, hip hop, oldies, country, R&B, hard rock, alternative, jazz standards, and more that I'm probably forgetting. They let us pick from a list of 700 available songs and learned a few extras that we really wanted to have.

What else is there to know? Amazing singers and players, highly professional, totally fun and friendly, very fair price with no BS surcharges or surprises. Everything they did was first rate. Five stars is not enough for this band!
    Jean H. Married on 08/05/2017

Awesome Band that Lit Up The Party with Total Commitment!

What an amazing and special day it was for my husband and I! We weren't exactly sure where to go in terms of making the best party and had made various inquiries, but we ended up choosing The Moon Units and that was one of the smartest moves we've ever made. Dylan was extremely helpful with all the details and calming my nerves because there were so many things going on, but his way of managing things was so disarming and helped put my neurotic self to a pretty normal level. I get stressed but he made it soooo easy.

Brides, this is a BIG deal. You want someone in charge but not with a total controlling personality. It's rare to find such kindness in this town, balanced with having their stuff in order!

But then there's the nitty gritty of actually delivering a performance. And here's where they're set apart. They're as good as any cover band out there, and Cassie was particularly a phenomenal singer, worth the price of admission alone. They really got into it and their energy was so contagious. You can tell they love doing this and everyone felt that.

But do you ever have that fantasy of singing your favorite songs with an actual backing band? I certainly did, and so did a good number of our guests. Live band karaoke?! It's like a choose your own adventure novel, musically speaking. It can be nerve racking at first, but then having this band follow your lead and having your friends and family participate is indescribable. Yeah, there were some riskier moments with some of the songs, but that was part of the charm. Goodness, they have so many kinds of songs to pick from, too.

It wasn't some overly slick production, it was a perfect balance of partying with a little class. That is what a makes a wedding celebration. All due respect to DJs and stuff, but you just can't replicate that. Everyone felt a part of the festivities, they were all raving about it, and still do. The entire band was so engaged and also energized the guests with their commitment. It was so great to see people come out of their shell!

Oh, and like they were extremely affordable, like I was like, really? I couldn't believe how much party they brought for such a good price.

Thank you for a lifetime of memories on our special day, Dylan and The Moon Units!
  • I
    Irene Married on 04/22/2017
    We loved loved loved having the Moon Units at our wedding. They learned a couple songs for us, they were flexible with our requests. They arranged it so we got to see them perform at a gig before we booked them. They're a great cover band- not that it mattered at our wedding! Halfway into their first set our guests were bugging us to start the karaoke! The rest of the evening was a blur, there was a lot of karaoke and they were on point and had a huge set list. They sounded amazing. They were fun, they were easy to work with and worth every penny!
    Evan Married on 11/12/2016
    The Moon Units played our wedding in November 2016. Not only were Dylan, Mike and the rest of the band easy to work with while offering a very fair price, they blew everyone's socks off!

At our request, three of the members played the ceremony. It was graced with beautiful classical music as well as a few pop hits arranged perfectly. They the the rest of the band warmed up while entertaining our guests during the cocktail hour. They nailed our first dance song and every song after that, including the Horah. They played a great set list with some songs we requested and filled the rest in with crowd favorites. They were even willing to learn songs ahead of time if there was some particular ones we truly wanted.

The highlight of the night however was without a doubt the live band karaoke. My wife and I were a little unsure it would work at a wedding, but our worries immediately diminished as our guests literally lined up to put their songs in. It was a hit! And it made the night. Afterward, the guests wouldn't stop talking about how much fun it was.

Our wedding really wouldn't have been the same experience without the Moon Units. Thanks guys.

Connor Married on 10/08/2016
    The Moon Units turned my wedding reception into the greatest dance party of all time! The band is so talented, electric, and such a joy to work with. They have a huge library of music – pop, rock, funk, rap, and every wedding classic your weird uncle can boogie down to. My wife and I worked with them to create a (lengthy) set-list that we felt truly represented us. But the icing on the cake (which was even sweeter than the icing on our actual cake) was that the Moon Units took the time to learn a handful of our favorite songs, making the evening feel even more special than I could have imagined.

We also had the pianist, Mikey, play our ceremony. I don’t know how else to say it, other than, his talent and grace helped create one of the greatest moments of my life.

The wedding industry can be intense (and expensive) but the Moon Units added so much value without charging an outrageous price. We couldn’t recommend them more!
    Annabeth Married on 10/08/2016

Best wedding band ever!

The Moon Units were such a big part of my wedding I couldn't imagine it any other way! They are incredibly talented musicians, fun and charismatic. They kept the party going all night! And they're the absolute nicest people to work with. The best!
    Kim Married on 10/31/2015
    My husband insisted on having live music for our wedding against my skepticism, but I am so glad we went for it! The Moon Units were outstanding, and I had so many of my guests tell me that they had never been to a wedding with a live band before, and that it was so much fun. During the planning period, the Moon Units were so easy to work with and very responsive. They sent me a very long list of songs to choose from and also took requests. I did not see what I wanted as our wedding song on the list, so Moon Units learned the song for us! That was very special. I also have a friend who is a professional singer and wanted to perform a song for us as part of her wedding gift. The Moon Units were able to accommodate her and the performance was a great success! I have many cherished memories of our wedding day, and I know for a fact that our wedding would not have been as memorable if we had gone with a typical DJ. Having a live band was definitely worth it, and I could not have picked a better band than the Moon Units!
    Tania Married on 08/15/2015
    BEST. DECISION. EVER!
    The Moon Units were without a doubt our top pick for wedding band. Their song choices were so vast it was hard for us to even limit the songs because we couldn't say no to so many! Dylan was amazing with responses to all emails and worked with on timing, pricing, and was completely accommodating since our wedding was in SD county and they are from LA county. They were so wonderful and our guests completely loved the band, dancing the entire night away. They even accommodated my request to sing one song for the crowd! In fact, they were so game that they agreed to wear the retro tuxedo frilly shirts we got for them. I would recommend the Moon Units for any live music event!
    Jessica Married on 06/06/2015
    The Moon Units are a dream. They learned music specifically for my wedding, they kept the party going, and made our wedding feel fun, vibrant, and unique. Their communication is top-notch and as a group they are extremely easy-going but still very professional. A rare quality in wedding vendors! They will not stress you out!

I've recommended them to friends who also had an amazing experience. If you want your wedding to sound amazing and have a poppin' dance floor, The Moon Units are the band for you. I loved, loved, loved them.
    Debra D. Married on 05/30/2015

We Love The Moon Units

The Moon Units sound like rock stars, but they're as professional as NASA scientists. They were so organized about every detail, but when the music began, they turned into full party mode. It was so much fun for us and our guests.

I was very proud of the wedding reception we put together, but I think it's safe to say that The Moon Units were the very best part of it. I lost count of how many compliments we got for hiring them. It was such a positive experience and I'd hire them again, 100 times out of 100.
    Jennifer Married on 01/31/2015
    Wow, I had no idea one of the most important decisions I would make about my wedding was...THE BAND! The Moon Units were truly amazing, super tight, well dressed, and ended up being one of the most beloved parts of our wedding. They did a combination of covers and karaoke - the covers really got everyone out of their seats and dancing, the female singer should have a record contract. The karaoke part was really really fun, and they were super helpful with lyrics and cues and all of that stuff that people might have gotten anxious about. Very good sound quality/mix. I'll have to find another event to throw so I can hire them again, but I would recommend them above any other band out there.
  • Stacy
    Stacy S. Married on 08/01/0008

Amazing!

Hands down our BEST VENDOR EVER. Dylan and the entire band worked with us for over a year and a half due to postponing for COVID. They added in the ceremony music (including a singer + stand up bass!) as well as learning all of our first dance songs for our reception.

Literally received compliments from all of our guests as to how amazing they were and kept the party going, even down to playing the Cupid Shuffle and Wobble for us on their break!

HIGHLY recommend + we're even trying to figure out anywhere else we can hire them!!

The Moon Units's reply:

The whole night was so much fun. Thank you so much for having us, Stacy! And that photo is an all-time classic.