The Mix Baking Co. Reviews

19 | Elk Grove, CA

19 Reviews for The Mix Baking Co.

The Mix Baking Co. 1
The Mix Baking Co. 6
The Mix Baking Co. 7

Megan Williams · Married on 04/13/2019

Wedding cake

I sent her a picture and she made the image my reality. It was a stunning delicious cake.

Sent on 05/27/2019

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Hi Megan, I’m so glad that we could create your Gold Statement Cake for your special day! It’s not every day you create an entirely metallic gold cake so it was very memorable for us as well; your inspiration cake was wonderful. I’m so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the Red Velvet flavour as well. Thank you for your positive feedback!
  • Sandra

Sandra Bonilla · Married on 02/23/2019

Heavenly Delicious

I order the lemon and blackberry and omg what a Delicious cake, it was addictive I couldn’t stop thinking about this cake, i never tried a cake so delicious like the cakes from the mix baking, so I order another cake the strawberry blast and oh my goodness even my guests were impressed how beautiful and delicious was the cake, believe me you will not regret buying a cake from this shop, but you will get addicted.

Sent on 05/22/2019
    The Mix Baking Co. 8
    The Mix Baking Co. 9

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Hi Sandra, Thank you so much for your glowing feedback! It means to world to me to know that our flavours are loved (and craved) by your nd your guests! Looking forward to preparing another cake for you and your family soon! Thank you so much for having us become a part of your celebrations!
  • Katie

Katie Grant · Married on 12/31/2018

30th Birthday Cake

Living in the hub of Roseville, Ca I thought it would be easy to find a cake shop that could design a personal cake for my sisters 30th Birthday. I was surprisingly wrong. Several days into my dead end search I remembered that I followed an Instagram page centered around exactly what I wanted.
    The Mix Baking Co has a very easy website to follow. The owner was very fast responding to my request and showed positive interest in my ideas and vibe of the cake. I really liked the advice of an inspiration board on Pinterest because this allowed visual expression that can be missed without a face to face consultation. Well worth the drive to Elk Grove for pick up. Everyone loved the cake from decoration to flavor. I will be returning customer.

Sent on 03/26/2019
    The Mix Baking Co. 10
    The Mix Baking Co. 11

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Katie! I’m so glad that we were able to provide a beautiful cake for your sister’s birthday! It was certainly one of my favourite from 2018! Can’t wait to bake and design for you again!

Maninderpreet · Married on 12/15/2018

Wedding cake for Parm & Preet (12.15.2018)

There are no words to describe how happy we were with the way our wedding cake turned out! The Mix baking Co. is simply amazing. We set an appointment online to come in and sample different cakes and flavors and let me tell you none of them disappointed. I had a picture with what we wanted our wedding cake to turn out like and that’s exactly how it showed up on our wedding day. The entire process was flawless and we never had to worry if our cake would be at our venue on time or not. Our guests loved our cake and I fell in love the moment I saw our cake on our wedding day. So save yourself the trouble and get down to Mix baking co if you’re looking for a wedding cake, not to mention the pricing is so reasonable.

Sent on 03/30/2019
    The Mix Baking Co. 12
    The Mix Baking Co. 13
    The Mix Baking Co. 14
    The Mix Baking Co. 15

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much for your glowing feedback, Preet! Ah! Those photos are so stunning! You were a dream bride to work with and I’m glad that we were able to take your inspiration and turn it into a custom design that fit your special day perfectly! I’m so glad to hear all of your guests enjoyed their slices. Thank you again, and all the best for a beautiful future for you and Parm!
  • W

Wazhma · Married on 09/02/2018

I reached out to Leah about my wedding cake months in advance and then disappeared on her! As my wedding date approached, I quickly reached out to her again and she was more than accommodating. Leah was able to give me the tall modern ever-so yummy cake of my dreams. Due to how hectic everything wedding related was for me at that point, I remember disappearing on her. But, Leah stayed on top of everything and reached out to me to make sure that I got the wedding cake I've always wanted. She's honest, down to earth, and works with you to ensure you get what you really want. Above all (obviously, not how delicious the cake was), Leah was understanding and shared with me a part of her wedding day. I've already recommended The Mix Baking Co. to friends and family! I can't wait to book her again for another special event. =)

Sent on 09/26/2018

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you for much for your kind review, Wazhma! I’m so glad that we were able to get your date on the calendar and create the perfect cake for you! I’m glad that everything worked out exactly as you envisioned, and that you and your guests enjoyed the design and flavour of the cake! Looking forward to working with you again, and thank you for the recommendations! Congratulations again!

Christine · Married on 07/21/2018

The mixing baking co. did a great job on my cousin’s baby shower cake. The cake was delicious and exactly what my cousin wanted. Leah was very friendly, easy to get ahold of and responded to my request quickly. Appreciate you for all your hard work and look forward to working with you again!

Sent on 07/25/2018
    The Mix Baking Co. 16

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Christine! It was a pleasure to work with you on this baby shower cake. I so appreciate your trust and likewise look forward to another opportunity to create for you! Have a great day!

Maitia · Married on 07/21/2018

Leah is so amazing. Her work is beautiful. Her business is extremely professional. I had her create my cake and cupcakes for my wedding in July. Although there was an accident with my cupcakes upon arrival (a few had tipped over), she was genuinely apologetic and gave me a small refund for the way those arrived. It was not necessary because I just loved the way her cakes tasted, but she showed great character for her work and her business. Not only that, but the cake i asked her to make for me was all made out of buttercream. Her art was so unique to her, and she had great piping skills! Thank you, Leah, for giving us the prettiest of buttercream flowers and the most delicious and moist cake!! Okay, just one more note. As a bride who planned her own wedding, Leah was so patient with me as I had no idea where to start. She is very responsive, and communicated clear and effectively. 5/5 because everything about her and this business went beyond my expectations. Thank you Leah!!

Sent on 08/14/2018

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much for this glowing review, Maitia! I was so grateful for your trust of my artistry, and so glad that I could help to guide your design and flavour selection by doing my best to coordinate to your decor and invitations. You were a pleasure to work with and I was so glad that we could be a part of your wedding celebration and memories! Thank you for having us!

Datisha · Married on 07/08/2018

Baby shower

The Mix Baking Co very professional and efficient. The cake was perfect which made my daughters shower even more special

Sent on 03/26/2019

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It was a pleasure to create your daughter’s Royal Prince cake! I’m so glad that we found a design that worked for your design preference and serving size. Thanks again for having us!

Sara · Married on 06/30/2018

Leah was great at helping me create the image I had for my cake and cupcakes. She was very helpful, punctual, professional, and had my big day in mind when making my cupcakes. Thank you Leah for making my day more special!

Sent on 07/08/2018

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Sara, and for including us in your special day! I hope that you and everyone else enjoyed the cake/cupcakes and danced the night away! Congratulations again!

Amber · Married on 05/20/2018

The cake was absolutely beautiful and above all delicious I was completely satisfied working with the Mix Baking co.

Sent on 05/27/2018

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Hi Amber, Thank you so much for your review and for the opportunity to become a part of your wedding! It was a pleasure to create your wedding cake and I'm so glad to hear that you all enjoyed it.

Ayat · Married on 05/05/2018

Leah did an incredible job! The look, the taste, the colors! Everything was spectacular, she more than just delivered. Can’t wait to have her make another cake for us in the future.

Sent on 05/08/2018

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Ayat, and for having us become a part of Nadine's 1st birthday! You were such a delight to work with, and I likewise look forward to another opportunity to work with you!

Asinate · Married on 03/24/2018

From the get-go Leah was Awesome!
    From organizing our tastebox to making sure that we had rose gold pearls on our cake.
    Our wedding cake received nothing but compliments on both the taste and how it looked. Thank you Leah, you are AMAZING and it shows through your work.

Sent on 03/28/2018
    The Mix Baking Co. 17

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Nate & Sam - It was such a pleasure to create a memory with you! I'm so glad to hear that the cake's taste and aesthetic exceeding your and your guests' expectations. Seeing Samuel at the venue was a treat as delivery often means working with venue coordinators instead of seeing client reactions. Thank you so much for having us on your special day (and for taking the time to leave us feedback!), and we likewise look forward to many more events with you and your family!

Margaret · event on 01/31/2018

Leah, Michael’s birthday cake was a hit! Not only was it beautiful, it was delicious. The flavor combination of blackberry and lemon was amazing. Thank you for making Michael’s birthday extra special (and fattening, haha!)

Sent on 03/08/2018

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you for your review, Margaret! It's a pleasure to create memorable cakes for you and your family to enjoy! I'm so glad your husband enjoyed his birthday cake! It is such an honour to be given full creative freedom with design so that we could incorporate all of the flavours and textures that your hubby prefers (and hiding his favourite candy bar was a cute surprise that I'm happy he enjoyed)! Thank you for having us!

Marybeth · Married on 01/21/2018

I’ve used Leah for a total of four cakes now. Each time, I’ve gotten many compliments about the appearance and taste. One of the cake designs was out of my price range and she was able to modify the design to get it down to a range I was comfortable with. Leah is extremely professional and talented beyond words.

Sent on 02/02/2018

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Hi Marybeth, Thank you so much for your kind words and for having us become part of your events! It has been a pleasure working with you these past few years, and I look forward to creating more delicious memories for you and your family!

Rena · Married on 11/14/2017

Amazing looking cupcakes along with the most delicious buttercream topping that I swear came directly from buttercream heaven — was very light and fluffy and not too sweet — service was professional prompt and courteous — you will not go wrong with cupcakes from this company for any occasion — the cupcake was also very moist and delicious
    You will not go wrong

Sent on 11/01/2017
    The Mix Baking Co. 18
    The Mix Baking Co. 19
    The Mix Baking Co. 20

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Hi Rena! Thank you so much for your review! It was a pleasure to work with you on these fun designs! I'm so glad that you're officially on my buttercream bandwagon! We look forward to working with you again at another occasion. All the best!

Jemalle · Married on 10/07/2017

Leah is awesome! She took our ideas and inspiration and created art that amazed everyone at our party. Her artistry is impeccable, but it's the flavors and quality of her desserts that had us all head over heels. Everyone kept coming up for more cake -- it was that good!!! And the other desserts she's made for us....such a treat to our tummies and our eyes! Thank you Leah!

Sent on 10/09/2017
    The Mix Baking Co. 25
    The Mix Baking Co. 26
    The Mix Baking Co. 27

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you, Jemalle! It has been an absolute pleasure to take part in the memories of celebration your mother's career and your daughter's achievements! I look forward to many other sweet events with you and your family!

MICHAEL · Married on 02/06/2017

We ordered our cake and pastry table from The Mix Baking Co and received numerous rave reviews from our guests. We wanted something simple, yet elegant and Leah delivered a beautiful four tiered cake flanked by an amazing assortment of cupcakes, salted caramel pretzels and macarons. I wish there had been more leftovers! We managed to freeze a few pieces of here delicious strawberry cake for our first anniversary. We may not wait!

Sent on 08/14/2017

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day! It was a beautiful wedding and I was honoured to create a cake and dessert table to match the elegance of your wedding! I look forward to creating with you again in the future!

Aarti · Married on 08/18/2012

The cake looked great. I didn’t like the flavor of the cake as much.

Sent on 10/15/2017

The Mix Baking Co.'s reply:

Hey Aarti! Our chocolate cake is one of our most beloved flavours but I do apologize if you didn't totally fall in love with it as most of our clients do. As a complete chocoholic, I have very high standards for our chocolate cake so I'm a little surprised but I'm glad that everything else was to your liking. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your son's 4th birthday!

Sacha · Married on 10/14/2017

3.8
      3.0
      2.0

Very responsive and flexible. Although the final cake was beautifully decorated, the color was not what we had agreed upon and there was less cake and more buttercream filling on the larger bottom layer of a two tier cake.

Sent on 10/23/2017