The Milano Room Reviews

The Milano Room 7
  • Michelle

Michelle · Getting married on 05/25/2019

Wedding planning

The staff is wonderful! They go out of their way to help plan your wedding

Sent on 12/08/2018

The Milano Room's reply:

Thank you Michelle, I look forward to continue helping in any way I can. Each wedding for us is like it's the only one.
    Benedetta
  • Anna

Anna Gdovin · Married on 11/17/2018

Place worth recommending.

Everything was wonderful! No complaints! Everyone was very nice and friendly. Very good food. The manager was very helpful, especially that we organized everything from a distance. Perfect place for wedding party after our beach wedding ceromony. Place worth recommending.

Sent on 01/12/2019
    The Milano Room 12
    The Milano Room 13
    The Milano Room 14

The Milano Room's reply:

Thank you Anna for your kind review. It was a pleasure working with James in planning your wedding. Best wishes to you for a wonderful life together.
    Warm regards,
    Benedetta
  • Sue

Sue · Married on 11/10/2018

Wedding Reception at the Milano Room

The Milano Room in was the perfect choice for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding reception. Our guests commented on how much fun they had, and the food was just delicious! The staff....the servers....the bar and the beautiful tables they set up were just wonderful. Benedetta was terrific in helping us plan this out of state event. They made our wedding reception a wonderful memory for us all. Would I use them again? 100% YES!

Carl · Married on 09/08/2018

My wife and I put on a rehearsal dinner for my son and new bride on Sept 8, 2018. We found this restaurant Amici's via wedding wire. We had originally selected the Holiday Inn, but the response and service was less than adequate so I went on wedding wire and selected this place unseen. We live in Plant City Fl about 3hrs from St. Augustine and just buy reviewing photos menu, and talking with Benedetta, who was exceptionally polite helped us set up a rehearsal dinner for over 50 people, we set up the entire evening. Once there the place was ideal and the staff above reproach. Everyone catered to everything our guest wanted the entire evening, the evening was fantastic and we received numerous compliments on the place we had selected from the food to the service. We even had an open bar and the service was outstanding. The entire evening was fabulous and Benedetta and her staff are to be commended. We plan on eating there again when we return this fall.
    Outstanding place for any function, THANK YOU

Emily · Married on 11/19/2017

We recently held an event at the Milano Room for the first time and we loved it! Meaghan was super helpful with planning the banquet. The space itself is lovely, and neutral enough to lend itself to any decorating you might want to do. The food was PHENOMENAL - try the herbed butternut squash ravioli, it's delicious! The staff was unobtrusive, helpful and friendly. Simply a great experience!

Sent on 01/26/2018

The Milano Room's reply:

Thank you so much, Emily! You made the planning a breeze! It was my pleasure.

Cynthia · Married on 11/12/2017

Meaghan was a delight to work with. She was very attentive and answered all our questions in a timely manner! The cost of the venue is the best around!

Sent on 11/30/2017

The Milano Room's reply:

Thank you so much Cynthia! Your evening was just beautiful. We are so delighted you chose to celebrate with us!

Robert · Married on 06/17/2017

they did it all what a wonderful time we had. Everything was just as planned. The service was great, the food and drinks.
    we could not of have asked for more. We highly recommend Milano Room at Amici
    We had a very enjoyable time

Sent on 08/25/2017

The Milano Room's reply:

It was our pleasure, Robert! Thank you so much for your review, and please visit soon.

Adrienne · Married on 05/04/2017

We booked The Milano Room for an awards banquet. The staff make sure we had everything we needed and then some. The food was excellent, the service was wonderful, and I cannot complain about anything! We will use this room again in the future. Thank you for all that you did to make this a wonderful event for our students!

Sent on 05/31/2017

The Milano Room's reply:

Adrienne, you and your students were a delight for us here, at the Milano Room. You have so much to be proud of! We hope to have you all celebrate milestones with us for years to come!
  • Bstar0306

Beth Anne · Married on 04/22/2017

We had so much trouble finding a venue for our reception when we came across Amici's Vilano Room we found them very affordable compared to the other downtown venues. Bennedetta was a joy to work with and helped us so much along the way. She met with us several times to help us finalize all the details and we ended up with a beautiful reception.

Sent on 06/25/2017

The Milano Room's reply:

Beth Ann, we so enjoyed having you. Thank you for your support and your review of your reception planning experience. We hope you'll visit for dinner sometime soon.

Mary · Married on 01/15/2017

My husband and I knew the minute we saw The Milano Room that it was exactly right for us. We were not disappointed. Benedetta and her team of professionals made our day so perfect! Our guests RAVED about the food and the service. I wanted a romantic setting and this definitely fit. It was just a perfect wedding! Tom and I were married in the ballroom under our chuppah that he had built. It fit perfectly between the chandeliers and Benedetta set up the guests chairs perfectly! The room looked beautiful. Everything was seamless. I could not have chosen more perfectly! Thank you Benedetta and team for a lifelong, happy memory! See you on our first anniversary! Mrs. Thomas Brown. (Mary).

Megan · Married on 07/18/2015

The Milano Room was a spectacular place for our Beach Themed Wedding! We worked with Benedetta from a distance and she was able to make our vision come alive. She was so accommodating and working with us whenever my husband and I would come into town. She even met with my parents a few different times so that our day would be perfect. The staff was so professional and friendly, the food was amazing (it got a ton of compliments) and the location was only a couple miles from the beach where our beach ceremony took place. We not only had our reception there, but we had our rehearsal dinner there as well. This was held in the restaurant section, but we were able to have a secluded area. The food that night was fantastic too! They were so accommodating that night as well. We wanted to play a picture slideshow and they were able to provide us with the extra supplies we needed to make it work. I could not have asked for a more special and magical night! All of our guests kept raving about the food and service. Thank you so much Benedetta and the staff at The Milano Room!

Elena · Married on 03/18/2015

I cannot thank Benedetta or Yvette enough. They were superb in helping to create a small, intimate, and elegant wedding for our daughter. They responded quickly and made themselves available as we tried to plan a wedding from another state. It was a great value! All the guests commented how wonderful the food tasted. The serving staff was attentive and friendly. It more than met our expectations.

I can't say enough about Benedetta and her team! They made everything run perfectly at our reception! Food was delicious and Benedetta was very professional and flexible. Recommend 100%!

Heather · Married on 12/28/2014

Benedetta helped us out so much for our wedding. This was a destination wedding so I was EXTREMLY nervous. But she arranged out rehearsal dinner the night before and we were able to meet with her prior to that to go over every last detail. She went out of her way to make sure our special day was amazing!

Christine · Married on 12/20/2014

We checked out several venues and this was awsome. The food was cooked to order and the prime rib was cut and then served. It could not have gone as smoothly as it did if it were not for the great staff. All of our guests said that it was the best wedding they have ever been too. We would highly recommend The Milano Room for you to have your funtion at. Best in town for the price and the service! Our daughter and our new son had the best of the best.

James · Married on 06/29/2014

Bernedetta and her staff are wonderful. We had a wedding reception on very short notice. They fit us in. The service and facility is great, and the food is superior. This was the best small wedding reception I've ever been to. I would recommend the Milano Room highly.

Sent on 07/22/2014

The Milano Room's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Whether a small intimate wedding or a grand celebration, it's the only one for us.

Deborah · Married on 03/28/2014

My husband and I were married March 28, 2014 and held our reception at the Milano Room. We were so pleased with everything at our reception. The owner, Benedetta, was very pleasant to work with throughout the planning process. The food was excellent and our guests continue to rave about how delicious the food was. The staff was on top of everything throughout the entire reception and made everything flow very smoothly. I would highly recommend the Milano Room to all my family & friends for a wedding reception. Again, thank you so much Benedetta for all that you did to make our wedding day beautiful!!
    Ron and Deborah Lindstrom

• Alicia

Alicia · Married on 11/15/2013

I cannot say enough about this vendor. My husband and I are from Orlando and got married in St. Augustine. We decided to rent a house on the beach and to have our rehearsal dinner there and have it catered. I stumbled upon The Milano Room (Amici's) and knew it would be a perfect choice! I was in constant contact with Benedetta who was beyond amazing and always replied in a timely fashion. On the day of our rehearsal dinner, our property manager whom we were renting the house from came back and said that they did not want us having the dinner there-- FIFTEEN MINUTES PRIOR TO THE DINNER STARTING! I was in sheer panic. But Benedetta came to the rescue and made room for us last minute at The Milano Room/Amici's on the patio where we set up our catered food buffet style.

Not only was the service impeccable but the food was OUTSTANDING! Everyone at the dinner could not stop complimenting the food, the service, and the venue. I am so thankful for the incredible service and for Benedetta saving the day! I highly recommend this venue for your wedding or even your rehearsal dinner-- whether you cater it or dine onsite. You will NOT be disappointed!

Mike · Married on 07/27/2013

The Milano Room was awesome. Benedetta (the coordinator) was amazing. She was there for everything we needed. She was accommodating to all and every request. She let us come in a day early to set up. Her communication was amazing. She would respond in a matter of hours to any email I sent. Her staff was perfect and very professional. The food was AMAZING! I had so many people (even the ones actually from Italy) comment on how much they loved the food. They even made a special meal for my bride because she is a vegetarian. I would highly recommend anybody having a wedding in St. Augustine to book The Milano Room.

Thanks again Benedetta

Eve · Married on 03/16/2013

My wife and I were Married in St. Augustine Beach at a beach home Rental. Amici catered the event for us and everything was absolutely perfect. They came out a couple of days in advance and made sure they were ready to go for the day of the event! Benadetta sat down with my wife and I prior to our wedding and listened to our needs both food and budget.... They over delivered on Everything!! The staff was Top Notch and we could not have made a better Choice! Thank you for such a fantastic Service... oh and food is still being talked about today!!

Sharee · Married on 10/27/2012

We planned our 10/27/2012 wedding from out of state in about 4 months. Benedetta at The Milano Room was more than accommodating up until the last minute. We survived Hurricane Sandy & Benedetta was more than willing to allow us to utilize the space for our ceremony if the weather did not clear up. Thankfully, we were able to enjoy an outdoor wedding the day after the reception was scheduled & it all worked out beautifully. Benedetta was always sincere, calm, & compassionate about any details that we were unsure of when we needed guidance. We did things a bit out of the norm because of Hurricane Sandy; we had our reception on 10/27/2012 & our ceremony on 10/28/2012 at the beach. Since we had not exchanged rings or seen each other in our attire but wanted pictures, we had a small ring exchange near the bar area. The staff ensured it was romantic, sweet, & secluded so we would be able to have the first look & the fun involved with seeing each other for the first time. We were fortunate that the wait staff ensured that we had hors d’oeuvres at the bride/groom table when we got there. This simple detail really helped take the edge off of any anxiety that we had and ensured we ate something before we mingled. The wait staff was amazing at the reception! We had one waitress who will forever be a part of our memory because she danced with us and cut up while we were enjoying our night. After the reception, the same waitress provided us with water while a few gathered our belongings. The food was delicious! Several people told us that it was the best reception they had attended because the food was delicious and appropriately proportioned. They did not leave hungry & were satisfied with the selection (chicken parmigiana & shrimp scampi). Every aspect of the reception was gorgeous, easy, & well thought out.

I would recommend The Milano Room to anybody who needed to plan an event (birthday, anniversary, reception, etc.)

Edward · Married on 05/18/2012

We had our rehearsal dinner for 50 guests. Food selection was outstanding, many compliments, service and attentiveness were excellent. It was a pleasure working with the entire staff who went out of their way to accommodate us with personal touches. The setting and decor were perfect for the occasion and the private entrance and parking made it easily accessible. The entire event was handled in a very professional manner. We would highly recommend you to our friends. You certainly made our event special.

Brandi · Married on 12/31/2011

The Milano Room is a wonderful place to have a reception. The room is beautiful and recently renovated. My husband and I had our wedding reception there December 31, 2011 and absolutely loved it. We adore Benedetta, the owner. She was a great help to my mom and I in planning the reception. Her staff went above and beyond what we expected, especially on a night as busy as New Year's Eve. Our food was great - and from talking to our guests afterward, it sounds like they all agree. Also, the servers did an amazing job. We heard afterward that the main dining room was packed that night. My husband and I were surprised to hear that because we could not tell from the staff the least bit. The guy who served my husband and I was especially great. We have nothing but good things to say. Benedetta and her staff at the Milano Room helped us create amazing memories of our wedding day!

Renee · Married on 09/11/2011

Reception went as planned, the staff was wonderful, a wedding to remember...Everyone was happy with their dinners . I would definatly recommend....