The MEZZ & The Abbey Reviews

24 | Orlando, FL

24 Reviews for The MEZZ & The Abbey

Sonia Barbosa · Married on 02/14/2019

Wedding Planner Review

Working with Alex Tirado was a great experience. He was kind and accommodating. Whatever was asked he did with a smile on his face including moving furniture across the room, personally, multiple times to make sure the vision and flow was met. Looking forward to working with Alex and The Mezz in the future.

Sent on 02/14/2019
  • Angel

Angel · Married on 07/30/2017

The Mezz and Abbey was freaking awesome Lori was awesome! If you are looking for a venue I highly recommmed checking this place out of not the first place definitely put it on the list. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Julie · Married on 10/01/2016

We were aiming for a modern, less traditional space for our black-tie wedding---and we certainly found that in The Mezz!

We got married in The Abbey downstairs. Thanks to their expert up-lighting, our photos look magical: soft lighting framing the aisle, and a pinkish/purple hue towards the back of the stage made my white dress and black, sequined bridesmaids' dresses POP.

It was a seamless transition to happy hour, on the other side of the curtain behind the carefully-placed chiavari chairs. We had about 120 guests; they fit perfectly in the room without feeling packed.

When it was time for the reception, everyone funneled upstairs via the elevator. Our guests loved the signature drinks waiting for them, and the layout of the room. The gorgeous up-lighting set the mood. It was so cool that it could change throughout the night! The drinks were continuously flowing and the dance floor remained packed.

We also loved the multimedia options. We threw up photos and videos. Even the best man -- who flew in from England -- surprised us with a slideshow of hysterical photos and touching videos. The Mezz helped him to coordinate that, and it was something our guests say they will always remember.

Finally, from the moment we met Lori, we loved her. She was eager to help and extremely competent. She guided us through the planning with ease. I especially appreciated Lori hosting our week-out meeting with our caterer and day-of planner. If you're looking for something upscale, without being stuffy, and a venue you can totally make your own, this is a wonderful option. Thank you, Lori!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Kamilah · Married on 03/24/2016

Lori made my whole wedding experience phenomenal. The day went without a hitch! She's a star xx

Sent on 03/31/2016

Candice · Married on 04/04/2015

It was everything I could hope for and more!

Sent on 04/10/2015

Mariesol · Married on 10/11/2014

The Abbey and The Mezz were the first and only venues I saw when I got engaged.
    Lori is absolutely amazing (she was my day of coordinator) Wouldn't have done my wedding anywhere else

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • Niecy Sparkles

Niecy · Married on 08/31/2014

LORI!!!! I just love her so much. She was so helpful and she was ALWAYS available for me when I needed her. She is so professional and sweet. I had no issue with her and she always answered my questions in a timely manner. I only had one issue with the venue, and that was the fact that they installed new wall paper in The Abbey without me knowing. I found out about it 2 days prior to my wedding.It looked nice to everyone else, but to me, it didnt fit my ceremony theme. I cried my eyes out and she was soooooooo helpful to where she accomodated me by having a company drape the walls for me and they covered the cost. She made my experience wonderful. The Mezz's space speaks for itself. Beautiful! My wedding was magical because of Lori and these two event spaces.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Leah · Married on 08/23/2014

We worked primarily with Lori, who was so sweet and easy to work with! She was quick to respond and made sure the day ran smoothly and everything was set up as requested. The Abbey and The Mezz are such unique spaces and were the perfect choice for our modern cocktail style wedding! I have nothing but great things to say about the spaces and how unique they were and how wonderful it was to work with Lori! All of our guests loved the spaces and thought it was a great/different space for a wedding! I hope I get to go to another event at The Abbey and The Mezz!

Sent on 09/08/2014

JENNIFER · Married on 05/30/2014

Four words describes The Mezz: Beautiful, Elegant, Romantic, Professionalism. Everyone loved the venue. Lori, thanks so much for everything.

Sent on 06/07/2014

Kira · Married on 04/25/2014

Professional. Awesome event space. Very modern environment.

Sent on 04/27/2014

Tai · Married on 04/26/2013

The Abbey & The Mezz were the perfect location for our wedding day. The Abbey is such a unique venue that offered a beautiful setting for the ceremony. The lighting and the decor created a wonderful atmosphere, very intimate, just what we wanted.

Sent on 05/21/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/29/2012

We recently had our wedding ceremony at the Abbey and our reception at the Mezz. We were thoroughly impressed with the staff and how elegant everything looked. Jenna and Andrew were very knowledgeable and responded with answers to all of my questions (many vendors take forever to respond, but not them). I won’t lie I was a little nervous that there was a show at the Abbey the night before our wedding, but the staff had the venue flipped and very clean, as if it had been ready for days. The lighting in the Mezz alone is a great reason to have a reception, or any party, there. The lighting can be set to change colors to anyway you wish throughout the night. I couldn’t be happier with our choice and would recommend it to anyone looking for a venue!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Jocelyn · Married on 02/04/2012

We got married at the Abbey and had our reception at the Mezz. Both venues were absolutely amazing and every one of my guests mentioned how classy and unique the venue was. The loved the club/cocktail feel of the Abbey and the Mezz. I also loved how well the staff of the Abbey and the Mezz worked with all our vendors to make sure everything went smoothly.

Sent on 03/10/2012

Shelby · Married on 11/11/2011

Located in Downtown Orlando/Thornton Park area. Venue has SO MUCH character! You can rent the upstairs venue (The Mezz) or the Downstairs venue (The Abbey) or BOTH like I did! Best venue for reception or event in Orlando!

Sent on 11/29/2011
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2011

Great people and a great venue! We had a blast!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Ashley · Married on 11/11/2017

So happy we chose this venue for our wedding day! Perfect venue, especially for a larger group. The staff is very professional and accommodating. Loved that we chose to have our wedding ceremony at the Abbey and the reception at the Mezz. The venue is beautiful on its own and does not require much in the way of decor if you are on a budget. Alex was great to work with, and answered all of my questions. Overall such a great choice for venue! You can't go wrong!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Paige · Married on 08/16/2014

Absolutely stunning venues. Very modern, clean, new feeling. Held our cocktail hour at the Abbey and reception at the Mezz. The Abbey was the perfect place for a cocktail hour. Very cool look, loved our names on the Marquis. Our guests thought it was fabulous. The Mezz has great lighting effects (color customizable) and a gorgeous dark wood dance floor. The event staff was very accommodating in both planning and the evening of. They require you use them for bar services which we did. The bar service was excellent. They worked with us to offer craft beers, which were not on their original selections, at our request, for a minimal fee. We VERY much appreciated this. This is a popular venue, and it was booked in the days before the wedding. Consequently we weren't able to bring our personal items in (decor etc.) until the day of the wedding, which made for a very hectic day. It is definitely not the cheapest venue out there, but it is well worth it. Would absolutely recommend both venues.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Lauren · Married on 02/11/2017

We had our wedding at the Abbey and the MEZZ on February 11, 2017. We found the venue from their booth at a Perfect Wedding Guide bridal show. As soon as we stepped inside for a tour we knew it was the perfect venue for us. The location in downtown Orlando was convenient. The two spaces (Abbey for the ceremony and MEZZ for the reception) are very different from each other but complement each other nicely. The Abbey has an old, almost gothic feel to it, with a high stage for the ceremony and a large bar and lounge for cocktail hour. The MEZZ is a modern ballroom with amazing built-in colored lights and a huge dance floor. The venue includes things like tables and Chivari chairs that you don’t have to worry about renting separately and has other fun little touches like a personalized marquee out front, slots on the walls for pictures, TV screens we used for a slideshow, and nice bathrooms. As much as we loved the venue itself, we also loved Lori, Russell, and the rest of the staff. From our first tour we could tell they were very professional and knew how to handle the flow of a large event. Throughout the entire planning process they were available by email and in person to answer all the random questions we had. Lori had a thorough check sheet and itinerary to make sure the rehearsal and the wedding day went perfectly. We are still over-the-moon about how great our wedding was and we owe a lot of that to the venue and the people there!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Loved The Mezz!!! It turned out perfect for our NYE wedding!!! We weren't that thrilled with the outcome at The Abbey! If we had to do it again, we would have probably chosen a different reception venue... We had hired a pianist for our ceremony music and cocktail hour because they had a piano but they removed the piano a few weeks before our wedding :( We also contracted a mic and sound for our ceremony but the sound tech left before our wedding so it was hard for our guests to hear our ceremony. Besides our issues with The Abbey, we were and still are happy with everything at The Mezz!!!

Sent on 02/25/2013

The Mezz was amazing! Lori without a doubt was the most helpful with my MANY questions throughout the process of planning and always responded in a timely manner! The services provided are quality and worth the investment. The Mezz has lighting and DJ equipment. We had one issue with the Bar staff which was disappointing but I believe a means of miscommunication or confusion from the staff that were not present during my specific requests.
    Overall great experience. Wouldn't trade my venue for the world.

Sent on 11/15/2015

2.5

Not the typical venue; yet fantastic place. Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/15/2014
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/19/2012

3.5

The Mezz was a great place to have for our Reception! It was absolutely beautiful and the lighting is built into the walls and the ceiling, it was fantastic. It was way over our budget, but so worth it. It was big enough to hold over 150 people comfortably. We loved it and it had a great dance floor!

Sent on 08/25/2012

Kelly · Married on 03/01/2013

4.2
      3.5

The Mezz was a beautiful venue and our coordinator was fantastic, but we did have a glitch with our wedding favors and ended up having to pay a corking fee about 5 minutes before the ceremony. That was a bit stressful. I would recommend it thought, beautiful venue.

Sent on 05/28/2013

3.6
      3.0

The venue was perfect and beautiful. The coordinator was not very friendly and somewhat rude. The bartenders were rude as well. So venue was a great place but the customer service was not fantastic. I was disappointed by this.

Sent on 09/16/2014