33 Reviews for The Metropolitan

Tent Accessories (1)
China (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)
33 The Metropolitan Reviews

From the moment my husband and I stepped foot in the Metropolitan we knew we had found our reception venue. John was a pleasure to work with. He made us feel taken cared of every step of the way, especially if we had any worry or concern. John is very amicable and personable, we really could not have asked to work with a better person. The Metropolitan itself is quite elegant and we loved that it does only one event a night. The food was incredible, every single guest was ranting and raving about how amazing the food was from start to finish. John and his staff made us feel like a million bucks. Our only wish is that we could do November 3, 2017 all over again and for longer. Best decision we made.

Profile Picture Sharylis, 11/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

The Metropolitan is everything a bride and groom are looking for to begin their new life together. My daughter just had her wedding there and we have had nothing but rave reviews from all of our guests. The food was outstanding and John and Barbara were fabulous. I can’t say enough wonderful things about this venue..don’t pass it up!!!

Profile Picture Ann, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cannot express the gratitude I have for John, Melissa and the entire Metropolitan staff. My wedding was the PERFECT event for all who attended, but most importantly for me and my new husband. Planning destination wedding was a huge challenge, but all of the anxiety and fear was eliminated because of the dedication, professionalism and care that John and Melissa invested in making this day special. The place itself was more magical than I ever envisioned. They took the time to listen to my ideas and executed it with grace and ease. The food was absolute perfection-the guests could not stop speaking of the quality and quantity served and literally exclaimed it was "top notch" From start to finish, The Metropolitan made my wedding the event of a lifetime! I am so grateful I found them and chose this venue to host the most special day in my life.

Profile Picture Fanya, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Valet, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

I just booked The Metropolitan for my wedding next fall. I absolutely LOVE how helpful and amazing John is. He makes you feel at ease and that your wedding day will be all about you and your party..especially since this venue is one wedding per day! When it came down to picking between my top two venue choices, John was so helpful and amazing with booking another meeting for me and my fiance (his first time seeing the venue, I went with my mom and aunt for my first appointment) to reacquaint and walk us through the grounds together. There was another couple/family viewing the space at the same time..but I barely noticed since John really does a great job of keeping you engaged and made us feel like such a priority.
I am so excited to continue my relationship with John and The Metropolitan to coordinate my special day!

Profile Picture Johanna, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Valet, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

ABSOLUTELY MY DAUGHTER'S WEDDING WAS A FAIRY TALE WEDDING, IT WAS MAGICAL....
Melissa, John and Staff were PHENOMENAL !!!
BEST FOOD everyone has ever had at a venue...
The Metropolitan is elegant, classy and beautiful...A memorable, Amazing Wedding

Profile Picture Debra , 3/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I had my wedding at The Metropolitan on July 9th and it was everything I could have possibly dreamed for and more! I am not one for writing reviews; however, the service that John (the manager) and his staff provided was truly outstanding! When we met with John the first time, he was so warm and inviting, we felt like we had known him for years. He also has a great sense of humor and is willing to work with you. John is a true professional with a big heart and John’s staff is equally as fantastic as he is! Every time I called with a question or concern, the staff was friendly and always made sure to get back to me within a timely fashion. It was important to me to book with a venue that I could easily get in contact with. Barbara, our Maitre D’ was incredible!! She was so efficient and polite. Barbara is an absolute angel who is exceptional at her job! As a bride, you are in such good hands at the Metropolitan! The night of the wedding went so INCREDIBLY well! I can’t tell you how many people, on both sides of our extremely hard to please families, are still raving about how much fun they had and about how great the food was. The cocktail hour at The Metropolitan IS TO DIE FOR! The caliber of food served and the display is UNBELIEVABLE! Because people were enjoying themselves so much on the dance floor, they were late getting to their tables to sit down for dinner. So many people said that they LOVED that The Metropolitan kept their food covered so it stayed warm and fresh for them; they had never seen such attention to detail before and truly appreciated the gesture. The food was delicious and plentiful, people enjoyed every last morsel! Our experience with John and his staff was nothing but AMAZING. They provide unbelievable, personalized service and I would choose The Metropolitan 1,000 times again! If you’re a person who enjoys great food and a pleasant and professional staff, book with them A.S.A.P., you won’t be disappointed!

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at the Metropolitan on May 14, 2016 for about 185 guests. They were incredibly accommodating, the food was excellent, and the staff was superb. Throughout the planning process, John was a pleasure to work with. He was available to help us and answer questions at all times. Barbara was in charge of operations on the day of, and she, too, was wonderful. The Metropolitan provides all the accommodations of a typical wedding venue but it offers an ambiance of a little something more. The setting is more intimate, and the decor is classic. I am so pleased with the way everything went, and we will forever cherish the memories we made at this beautiful, one-of-a-kind spot. Thanks to everyone at The Metropolitan for helping us to host a fabulous party!

Profile Picture Eleni, 5/14/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had both our ceremony and reception at The Metropolitan and it was fantastic! Working with John was fun and easy. The day of the wedding went so smoothly, every staff member went above and beyond to give us the perfect day! They really know what they are doing. Great hosts. The food was unbelievable and every room of the building is beautiful.

Profile Picture User6779214, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories

John Casale has been absolutely amazing thus far! Our wedding is 9 days away and I cannot wait to have our reception there...everything to this point has been very easy...and their pricing is VERY reasonable!

Profile Picture Crystal, 4/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

John was so very nice, patient, and accommodating. A week later I am still getting calls about my cocktail hour - the grand seafood buffet was a hit! I had requested an off the menu item of whole grilled bronzino - John and the chef worked to get it 'just so' for me and it was delicious. In fact- all of the food was delicious!! The Metropolitan is a beautiful place to have a wedding - the outside space with the fully enclosed white tent was an added bonus- the men went out to the covered patio and had cigars at night without it being too cold. Barbara was the maitre d' and she was wonderful- she set up everything exactly as I had requested. My bridal assistant Tiffany was equally great - she was really sweet and made sure that I ate and had whatever I needed. My husband and I were beyond pleased with our celebration.

Profile Picture Michelle, 4/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

John is so helpful and the food is absolutely amazing! Will post another review after our wedding!!

Profile Picture User5218073, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Dance Floor, Furniture, Chairs, Tables, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Bridal Suite, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

Just had my New Year’s Eve wedding at The Metropolitan. If you’ve started looking at Venues great – now make an appointment with John at The Metropolitan. From the minute I sat down with John-I knew. He knows what he’s talking about and has an answer to all of questions. Why? Because he’s a master at planning and organizing. He realizes that you are his client and goes above and beyond to make your plans become a reality. He’ll give you his cell number. He becomes a friend. He even helped me with the menu, guiding me with his expertise. The staff was amazing. I couldn’t believe it when I saw all my stuff put into place that night. Barbara handled everything as though it was her own party. She’s amazing. From my centerpieces, to my signs, to my candy buffet wishes – she granted all of them. She would even give me a heads up when she thought I needed to know something (20 minutes to food/20 minutes to cake, etc) As for the food – unbelievable. I had guests calling me and texting me the next day to let me know what a great time they had and they couldn’t stop raving about the food and the service. Call John and set up your appointment. You won’t be sorry.

Profile Picture Dorothy , 12/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Valet

The Metropolitan could not have done a thing to make our wedding any more perfect!! At first I was a little wary because there aren't many reviews on this venue but I was assured by John the banquet manager not to worry. We had a tasting and were sold!! Not only is this place very affordable (for one event a night) everything John does is perfect! The event space is amazing and such a beautiful room and not to mention the food! Not one person said they didn't like the food, my husband even got a special order of lam chops that we couldn't have on the menu and John even sent us home with food the next day!! John seriously takes care of everything you are in amazing hands!! Book the metropolitan NOW!!!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved the Metropolitan. We wanted a 1 event at a time venue and this was perfect. John was amazing the entire step of the way. He gave us his cellphone number to call or text him so he could get back to us right away if we had any questions.

The food was AMAZING. I am a bit of a food snob and I loved it. Everyone was talking about how good the food was and how much food there was. The short ribs are so good, everyone should put them on their menu no one was disappointed with them.

There was 1 very minor mishap with my aisle runner but other than that the day was perfect. I was preparing for some issues and it went so smooth.

Profile Picture corinne, 4/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We don't even know where to begin! John and the rest of The Metropolitan staff truly made our wedding day magical! We planned our wedding from Maryland and what could have been a very stressful process was enjoyable and fun! John was extremely responsive to any questions we had and worked with us 110% to help create our special day. Our maitre d' Barbara was fantastic as well. Our guests are still raving about how beautiful our venue was decorated for the holidays and how delicious the food was! We booked all of our vendors based off of reviews, so we are very sincere when we say The Metropolitan was hands down the best!

Profile Picture User4718473, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely loved working with John at the Metropolitan. His professionalism and personality made us so happy we chose the Metropolitan for my daughter's wedding, we knew we were in good hands. The venue is a very elegant classy atmosphere and only one wedding at a time. The house was ours for the day and everyone was a delight to work with. The day of the wedding when I walked in and saw everyone enjoying themselves, I was impressed. The food at the cocktail hour was perfect and the beef wellington and salmon were absolutely delicious. I wish I could have dinner there and enjoy the beef wellington again! We are still getting rave reviews from our guests how wonderful the entire reception was. I highly recommend the Metropolitan. My only issue was that I should have stepped out of the room and took it all in from the upstairs balcony, it was absolutely beautiful. Thank you John and staff for making a special day a very memorable one!

Profile Picture debbie, 9/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I truly can not say enough wonderful things about John, Barbara, and The Metropolitan. From the very beginning John was extremely welcoming and flexible with price,date, menu options, etc- all to make sure that we were completely happy on our wedding day. We had initially planned a smaller size wedding (under 100) and it was frustrating being pushed away from many venues who would not even consider that number of guests for a Sat. night in summer. John went above and beyond to make it possible for us. Barbara is the maître D , and she is outstanding at what she does. I had a ton of signage and decor and was very specific about how I wanted everything- she made sure it turned out perfect. She even reminded me of a few things the day of our wedding, that I had forgotten about due to all the excitement! While John and Barbara are extremely professional, they also give you a very personalized experience. Not once did I feel like "just another client" , every time I called they knew exactly who I was and were completely up to speed. John even gave me his cell phone number, and I am definitely guilty of sending texts at 10pm when I was having trouble with the seating! As I said, I can just not say enough great things about them. The venue itself is so elegant and intimate, and the food was delicious. I highly recommend!!

Profile Picture User3082656, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

John and his team are AMAZING! Maitre D Barbara was awesome! Def knows what shes doing and helped so much! John C. actually stayed for most of our wedding just to make sure that everything went smoothly!! Everything was perfect! The setup looked like a movie. Couldn't have asked for more! Thank you!!!!

Mr and Mrs Cisco

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There aren't enough words to describe how fantastic John and the staff of The Metropolitan were for our wedding. From the very beginning they were extremely responsive to all questions and requests. They were more than accomodating to our guests, and were a true pleasure to work with. Our guests said it was the best food they've every had at a wedding. The cocktail hour was off the hook, and everyone loved the mashed potato bar. The dinners were fresh, cooked to order, and absolutely scrumptious! Barbara was our Maitre D', and was so accomodating. My bridal attendant was very accessible, but didn't hover, which is what I loved. She was right there to make sure I had a drink, enough to eat, and also helped with my bustle when my matron of honor had a hard time seeing the loops.

I would definitely recommend them to anyone for any type of function. Thank you so much for making our day a fantastic one!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/16/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They are hands down the best venue on the face of this earth! I'm serious! My wedding was on 3/1/14 and I couldn't have asked for more. I had Barbara as my maitredee and she was fantastic, she helped me through the last minute changes and assisted me the day of the wedding. The waitstaff were also amazing! From the moment my guests walked in they were impressed. Our bridal waiting room was already ready for us when we got there, food and all!!! The food was excellent and my guests could not stop talking about the amount of food that was being served. Not only was it plenty but the taste was incredible. I remember going for the tasting and even then I couldn't wait to eat it again. The night of the wedding, my husband and I had the chance to have the "sampler" which had a little of every option the guests had...I was able to taste but was already soooooo full from all the appetizers. Though we started the process with Pam, who by the way was also really great, we finalized everything with a new gen manager, John, who was so helpful and really just wanted us to be happy and satisfied. He gave us his personal number so that we can talk to him whenever we needed him. The cake was sooooooo yummy and looked amazing! I asked for dendrobium flowers and they looked so real and beautiful on the cake. Their timing, hospitality, presentation, basically everything about them was great!!! Thank you to the Metropolitan team for making my wedding the best night of my life~

Profile Picture MaryAnne, 3/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Metropolitan was an amazing venue and we are so happy that we had our wedding here. It is so different than your typical, Long Island catering hall. It has such a great intimate feel and allows all your guests, no matter where they're sitting, to be part of the action. The best part are the beautiful wood floors in both the reception room and the cocktail room! No old, dusty catering hall carpet! In addition the floors, the best part is, they only have one party at a time! Therefore I felt like I was in a huge house that we had control over!

The banquet manager, John, was very easy to work with. Anything we asked for he accommodated us. He was very professional and easy to get in touch with. He gave us his cell phone number and told us to text, instead of email so he could get back to us right away, and that he did!

Barbara, the maitre'd was great! She really made us feel comfortable and had everything under control. There were a few small changes that had to be made on the fly and Barbara handled them without us even knowing! I left her detailed notes about the centerpieces and other things I wanted set up in the lobby for my guests and she did everything I asked!

In addition to Barbara, Ilene was our bridal attendant. She was awesome! Very accommodating and made sure my husband and I were set for the night. She continually checked on us to ensure we had enough to eat and drink!

Food was great! Cocktail hour appetizers were amazing! Duck quesadillas and crab cakes...amazing!

Overall, we were so happy with our choice! The Metropolitan is an amazing venue and the service matched the setting! I highly recommend The Metropolitan! Thank you to the entire staff!

Profile Picture Christina, 2/16/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful place, service was excellent.

Profile Picture J, 2/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was perfect! Pam at the Metropolitan couldn't have been more amazing! Her and her team made sure that everything went off without a hitch. Since the wedding all everyone keeps telling us is how AMAZING the food was!!! The food was great. I would definitely think about The Metropolitan when planning your wedding. The staff and service was amazing!

Profile Picture Brandon, 10/13/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We chose The Club at The Metropolitan in Glen Cove for both our ceremony & Saturday brunch reception on 9/15/12, & could not be happier we did. It was a second marriage for both of us, & we wanted someplace small & intimate for our 70-person event - The Club fit the bill perfectly - guests were greeted with cocktails in their lovely cocktail room/bar area, & then all were ushered in to the inside room for our ceremony - the room is so lovely it needed minimal decoration. After the ceremony the staff closed the doors & turned this room into our reception/dining area while guests enjoyed the fabulous cocktail hour buffet in the outside room. Our brunch buffet was incredible. Six weeks later, people are still raving about the food, from the presentation to the quality, every bite was more delicious than the next.

Eileen the Catering Manager was amazing, she was there for us from our first appointment to the very end - she even officiated our ceremony! Kudos to Eileen #2, & Barbara, they made the day run so smoothly & stress-free we didn't have to think or lift a finger. From beginning to end our wedding was perfect, we would recommend The Metropolitan wholeheartedly to anyone.

Profile Picture Joni, 9/15/12, 5 Reviews