The Merion Reviews

248 | Riverton, NJ

248 Reviews for The Merion

• Brianna

Brianna Short · Getting married on 08/13/2021

Beautiful venue. Nice staff.

Mid June wedding. Saturday evening. Comes with catering, bar, ice sculpture, chairs linens and more!

Sent on 03/02/2019
  • Mia

Mia Falco · Married on 10/01/2020

This venue was outstanding!

This venue was outstanding!! Although the planning process went a little awry in terms of communication, the night turned out to be phenomenal! The service all night was on point--anything that I needed or my guests needed was handled, the food was awesome as well as the variety of selection, and the overall beauty of the venue just made the night that much more magical. All of my guests raved about the great night, and still continue to tell us how amazing it was. I honestly could not have had a more perfect wedding, thanks to the wonderful people at the Merion.

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Gina

Gina Lagrande · Married on 06/19/2020

Helpful from the very beginning!

I couldn’t be more happier to choose the merion for my wedding venue. The second you walk in, it’s hard to not feel like “this is it.” Not only is the venue completely beautiful inside and out, the staff has been such a joy to reach out to, it was completely shocking when I found out it was in budget!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Helen

Helen Cheung · Married on 11/03/2019

Not enough words could describe how happy I am.

The venue from start to finish has awed us and went beyond our expectations. Our event specialist, Jolene, was amazing and was there for every moment and every panic attack. She was amazing and I'm so happy she took care of us from start to finish. She took care of everything and made sure me enjoyed our day, stressfree. We had the Skylight Ballroom and I absolutely loved how it came out!!! Our Maitre d'- Alex made sure everything was okay through the whole night. Our Bridal Attendant- Desiree was amazing and was there for me from start to finish along with our Maitre D'. They kept us fed and hydrated in the bridal suite before the ceremony.
    Each of them constantly asked if we needed anything and told us to enjoy the night. Even down to the bartenders, we couldn't be happier with our wedding venue and those involved. The food was amazing and everyone loved the food and was BLOWN AWAY by how delish everything was.
    We ended up having a dozen people not show up (all who had RSVP'd that they were coming, btw) and I just asked if we could have the meals to go home as we paid for the 12 people regardless. They also packed up some dessert for us too! They were fantastic. Packed up everything for us for the next day, ready for us to pickup.

Isgro: wedding cake (included with venue). Our cake was delish and beautifully done. We had it packaged up for people to take home and ate it a couple days later and still gave us compliments on how delish and how moist it was!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Jack Saccente · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely Fantastic

From The very beginning of the planning to the day of the Wedding, Stephanie. was absolutely fantastic and took a care of every detail. On the day of my son’s wedding Stephanie was there to make sure that everything went as planned. Stephanie and her staff were Great. From the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception, the service and just the overall look of the Marion made for a very memorable day and evening. If you are looking to have a very memorable wedding I would highly recommend The Merion.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Leslie · Married on 10/11/2019

Amazing Venue For Our Wedding

We had our Wedding Ceremony and Reception at the Merion. The ceremony was held in the Palazzo Ballroom and the Reception was in the Skylight Ballroom.
    The Merion went above and beyond our expectations. Nicole was our event specialist through the whole process from originally selecting the venue to the final details of the night. The whole process was made effortless with her assistance.
    The event occurred on a Friday night and everything was flawless. The waitstaff was polite and accommodating in every way. They went out of their way to ensure that every guest was taken care of.

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Avani

Avani · Married on 10/05/2019

Stunning Venue & Excellent Catering!!! (Indian & American weddings)

Matt and I used the Merion for our two weddings on October 4th and October 5th (Indian and American). The Indian wedding was at Skylight ballroom and the American ceremony and reception was was at North Garden and Palazzo ballroom, respectively. The place is absolutely stunning!!! The picture will come out beautiful at this venue.

The entire staff is responsive, professional, and do everything above-and-beyong to make your wedding day perfect! Maitre D, captain, bridal attendant were great! They added rose parade and champagne tower as a surprise.

I worked with Jolene Cross, the event specialist. She is excellent!!! I did not feel the need to hire a planner or a coordinator because Jolene was so friendly and helpful throughout the planning process - both Indian and American. On the days of the wedding, she made sure everything runs smoothly according to the plan and timeline. She even bustled my bridal gown. She treated me like her best friend!

Last but not least, many thank you to the chef! The Merion fully catered both Indian and American wedding. The chef cooked up delicious indian entrances, vegetarian entrees, along with American entrees for both weddings and cocktail hour!!! My guests are still raving about vegetarian food at the Indian wedding. He even made Indian desserts for the wedding. A few guests asked for recipes. Indian Station at the cocktail hour was a big hit (chick peas with potato patties - three chutneys, curried vegetables and chili cauliflower). Paneer tikka masala entree tasted delicious!. The upvass potatoes (Fasting meal) was great! My wedding ended up with 7 main course entree options. The food was served hot even with such a large menu. The viennese hour display was out of the world! The Merion chef accommodated every request. I recommend people not to bring outside caterers for Indian food. The Merion chef will do an excellent job!

Matt and I had a great experience at the Merion. We highly recommend their 5-stars service!!!

Avani Bharucha & Matt Floyd

Sent on 10/09/2019

Avani & Matt,
    From the first day we met I knew you were a special couple. I am so lucky I was able to be a part of your special day(s)! I enjoyed being a part of the planning process and getting to celebrate with your families. Please send pictures and keep in touch!
    XOXO
    Jolene
  • Maryana

Maryana · Married on 09/22/2019

Simply Fabulous and Amazing!

Well what can I say except for THANK YOU AND AMAZING! Jolene and her fabulous team at The Merion truly went above and beyond for our wedding on 9/22/19! Jolene was just so amazing to work with through out the entire planning process, especially since it wasn’t my favorite thing planning a wedding she was there through it all! She made sure everything was spelled out and on time and convenient for us! We were truly amazed and blessed to have Jolene as our event specialist! We started out with Alyssa but after she left we were super lucky to have Jolene as head of our team! She is just one of the kindest people and was very easy to work with! All the staff at The Merion are great and our day of staff was just totally fabulous! Everyone was on top of everything and our guests were just blown away with the amount of food and drink and the taste! And of course the service! Our bridal attendant and head servers were so attentive and made sure we had everything we needed or wanted at all times. It’s already been a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about how great and beautiful everything was and how much food and how tasty it was. You just can’t go wrong in choosing this beautiful, versatile venue and if you get Jolene as your event specialist you’re in luck because she’s AWESOME! Thank you t all the Merion staff for making our dream wedding come true! We can’t wait to attend another event at your fabulous venue! Thank you to all of you especially Jolene!

Sent on 10/22/2019

The Merion's reply:

Awww Maryana, you and Gene made it easy!
    I was so honored to work with you both. I am so happy for you two and wish you all of the love and happiness for your future! Please send pictures in and keep in touch!
    XOXO
    Jolene

Alissa Petrillo · Married on 09/21/2019

The Merion is the best!!

My husband and I got married in the Skylight Ballroom on 9/21/19. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue. It was simply amazing. The room as beautiful and the staff was so attentive and kind to everyone. The food was amazing, and the Merion even had some surprises for my husband and I. This was a nice touch which really meant a lot to us. All our guests are still raving about how wonderful our wedding was. I was a little nervous that you might be able to hear other events happening in the other ballrooms, but that was not the case at all. It felt like our wedding was the only one going on that night. I am so glad we chose this venue.

A HUGE thank you to Stephanie at the Merion for all the hard work she did making our wedding day the best day ever. She is great to work with. She was so helpful to us in planning our big day. Always more than happy to answer any questions my husband and I had.

Sent on 11/16/2019

Cynthia Watson · Married on 07/07/2019

Excellent!!

The Merion's staff was excellent! Checked on my bridal party throughout the entire experience, provided anything requested of them. My bridesmaids were ready to walk down the aisle when I realized I left their bouquets at home. Jolene immediately calmed me down and had the staff pulled fresh flowers from around the building. I WAS impressed and ironically they matched the ladies gowns. I'd recommend The Merion to anyone who's looking for a beautiful venue and great staff. My wedding was July 7 and we're still getting compliments from our guest.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Cynthia!
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I was honored to be a part of you and Howard's special day! I wish you both all of the love in the world.
    Jolene Cross
    Merion Event Specialist

Dianne · Married on 07/06/2019

Best Customer Service EVER

When we first sat down with our Wedding Coordinator, we were not ready for everything the Merion had to offer. They spoke to us about the menu while serving Champagne, fruit, giant shrimp, and even some desserts. The menu was easily 10 pages and almost everything was included!
    When it came time to finalize payments, they worked with me allowing me to pay late for guests that had extreme medical issues. They were super accommodating about everything when it came to our wedding.
    The big day ran smoothly and all my guest continue to rave about how amazing the venue and the food was.
    This is a must pick venue for sure. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Hi Dianne!!!

From that first day that we met to the day you said "I do", you guys were amazing! I always looked forward to when you were coming in because you were so fun to work with! We love to hear how much your guests and the both of you enjoyed the day so much and it has been my pleasure to get to know you! Thank you for trusting in us to make your dream come true!

Much Love,

Your Event Coordinator, Nicole & the rest of The Merion staff
  • Georgie

Georgie Monschein · Married on 04/05/2019

The best!

Where do I even begin. When my mom, sister and I initially went to the merion to see if I wanted to have my wedding there, it was basically a no brainer. The venue is gorgeous and when we met with Nicole who gave us a tour and showed us the menu of all the food I knew we had to have our wedding there. We had the palace ballroom which is an absolutely beautiful and classic looking room. Nicole was outstanding through the entire process. Our engagement was almost a year and a half long and she was wonderful in communicating with me - she would literally email me back same day or next day any time I emailed her about anything. She was also great in communicating with my other vendors. She is very organized and made everything so easy for me!!! She was also an amazing support when any stressors came up during planning. She helped to make our wedding day literally everything we wanted it to be. I talked to cliff and Dave a few times throughout the process as well and they were both nice as could be!! The food at our wedding was INSANE. All of our guests were raving about the huge variety of food choices and how amazing everything tasted!! While my husband and I didn’t have much time to eat since we were talking to everyone, I did still get to enjoy some of my dinner which was delicious. The portions they give you are insane and they send you home with a ton as well (so at least now my husband and I will get to enjoy the delicious food at home!) Our bridal attendant (deb), Maitre D’ (nick) and captain (dee) took care of my husband and I on the day of (helped to get us anything we needed) and were right there getting us anything we needed and making sure we were happy and taken care of the entire night. They were just amazing and my husband and I were blown away with how taken care of we felt. Thank you so much to Nicole and the rest of the team - we couldn’t have asked for anything more and I would highly recommend having your wedding at the merion if you’re looking at venues. - Georgie & Dave

Sent on 05/05/2019

Hi Georgie & Dave!

Thank you so much for all your amazingly kind words! The biggest reward for us is getting to hear testimonials like yours of how happy our brides & grooms are with everything! I speak on behalf of all the staff, management, & owners of The Merion when I say THANK YOU for choosing & trusting us with such an important day of your life! On a personal level, I have loved working with you every step of the way! It has been my pleasure to be a part of this journey & one of your support systems through this process! Planning a wedding can get crazy, but you never let yourself be bogged down by it. I wish you & Dave all the best & I hope you have the happiest future together! Only sad part is that I don't get to talk to you all the time now!

Please keep in touch - you are part of The Merion family & we hope to see you again for future events!!

Most Sincerely,

Nicole DiCesare, Your Trusted Event Specialist
    :-)
  • Jake

Doug Smith · Married on 11/17/2018

Unforgettable Wedding

I can't say enough about how much we loved working with The Merion. As a gay couple we wanted a venue who wouldn't treat us any differently. From our first visit, we felt at home and welcomed. Nicole and Stephanie worked with us throughout this process and were both perfect. They paid attention to every detail, established great communication and tailored our wedding to suit our every need (no matter how out of the box our requests were). Our guests RAVED about the food and loved how beautiful the venue itself was. It was the perfect location for our wedding, the Palazzo ballroom will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Hi Jake & Doug!

We are SO HAPPY that we were able to be a part of this day for you guys and that your dream wedding became a reality! We both loved every step of the process working with the 2 of you - we always knew when you had an appointment scheduled to be prepared to LAUGH and have fun, all while planning the most important day in your lives! It really has been an honor & a pleasure to work with you. We wish you both the very best in life!

Your truly,
    Nicole, Stephanie, & the entire Merion staff

Regina · Married on 03/17/2018

From the moment we stepped through their doors we felt like the King and Queen. Our families and guests were also treated like royalty! People are still raving about our food and how great everything was. There were plenty of glamours opportunities for photos and our pictures came out stunning!
    Sue was our consultant and she felt like family from the first time we met. Her excitement for our wedding was so genuine and we were so grateful to have her with us that day. WE LOVE SUE!!! We also have to mention Cliff, who put some special finishing touches on our wedding and made the evening extra special. He made sure the event was perfect and made sure the Bride was satisfied!
    Every one of our guests are still talking about how nice the service, food, and energy was at our wedding.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Meredith · Married on 02/11/2018

Absolutely amazing beautiful at the merion my wedding was perfect a dream come true . Food over the top fair price for what you get . My family was blown away . The staff are so nice and they make you happy Stephanie helped me so much she’s the best

Sent on 02/22/2018
  • Honeybee

Melissa · Married on 12/08/2017

How do I even begin?! My wedding was on Friday, December 8, 2017, and I have been procrastinating writing this review, because every time I sit down to write it, I feel so incredibly overwhelmed with emotion! My wedding day was HANDS DOWN the absolute BEST day of my entire life thus far, and I have THE MERION to thank for this! I worked with ALYSSA Dettorre, and she went ABOVE AND BEYOND to ensure we had the most perfect day possible! From the moment I walked inside to tour the venue I got chills and goosebumps all over: I just KNEW it was special, but I was so afraid it would be too expensive. Then we sat down with Alyssa to go over the menu and pricing, and I was blown away by how affordable it is compared to similar venues, however we still did our due diligence in comparing venues: The Merion won out in every aspect each time! It is simply THE BEST event venue in all of South Jersey and Philadelphia area! They are beyond willing to accommodate your every need and desire, and they really care about making your biggests dreams a reality! They offer SO MUCH! Their cocktail hour menu is INCREDIBLE, their sit down dinner is equally incredible, all of the surprises they include for the bride and groom the day of the wedding...the list just goes on and on and on! I could shout from the mountain tops for the rest of my life how awesome this wedding venue is, and it still wouldn't be enough!!! Do yourself a favor and check this place out, because I promise you won't regret it. They are not just another wedding venue: they are in the business of making peoples DREAMS come TRUE, and they excel at it. The Merion, Vinny, and Alyssa: thank you from the bottom of my heart for your excellence, your hard work, and your heart. You are special, you are appreciated, and you deserve for God to bless your lives abundantly. Thank you, thank you, thank you! With love, Tobi and Melissa Rosario

Sent on 08/21/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/12/2017

The Merion is honestly top notch!! Negotiate people, they do work with you on meeting YOUR budget. When you walk in the door the amazing stair case greets you and your guests-absolutely gorgeous! The staff is amazing, everyone is so friendly and professional. We worked with Sue-down to earth, cool ass chick! I HIGHLY recommend The Merion for your wedding

Sent on 11/28/2017

Robin · Married on 10/07/2017

The staff, especially, Stephanie, our coordinator, guided us through every step of the planning phase up to and including the "Big Day" for my son and daughter-in-law. The ballroom sparkled, the array of food and presention were exquisite and the service was greeted with a smile and efficiency. My family could not recommend a finer venue to hold such a special occasion!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Carly · Married on 10/07/2017

Everything/everyone at The Merion was absolutely perfect. From our coordinator, to the wait staff they were extremely attentive and made our dream wedding a reality!! They made the entire process leading up to the day so simple! I would recommend Merion Caterers to ANYONE!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Corine · Married on 09/16/2017

Where do I begin? If I can give The Merion 10 starts, I absolutely would. My wedding was on September 16, 2017 and it was by far the most amazing day/experience of my life. From a little girl, I always said I would get married at Merion, and boy did I make the right decision. My guests are still calling me, raving about my wedding a month later. My wedding coordinator Ariana, made sure everything was absolutely perfect and was very responsive to my non-stop calls and emails. She put my mind at ease each time I spoke to her. The entire staff went above and beyond for us and made us feel like royalty. I asked for water, I had it in my hand a second later, I asked for a cocktail, they brought me five. The amount of food was endless and unbelievably delicious. I did not even get to see half of it. The Palazzo room looked absolutely breathtaking. No detail was overlooked. It was like a dream come true. I would highly recommend the Merion to all !!! You will thank me!!!!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Gianna · Married on 09/09/2017

Working with Alyssa was amazing! She was so helpful every step of the way. She felt more like a friend than a salesperson! I loved working with her and she made our entire wedding planning process so much easier! Our wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks to Alyssa and the entire Merion staff!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Susie · Married on 08/05/2017

Stephanie and everyone at the Merion literally made my wedding dreams come true. I could not have asked for a more beautiful or perfect location to begin the rest of our lives. I am just hoping someone else I know has a wedding there so that I can enjoy The Merion as a guest! Every time I thought it couldn't get any better, it did. They worked perfectly with our vendors and provided exceptional service. Even though this location was about an hour and a half from the church we had our ceremony at, EVERYONE we spoke to about it who came to the wedding said it was absolutely worth it! We had so many people say it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and although I may be biased since it was my wedding I have to agree, all thanks to the Merion!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Sherrie · Married on 07/22/2017

My daughter got married at the Merion in July 2017. From beginning to end, the quality of service was outstanding. From the food to the decor to the staff I had not one complaint, The amount of food during the coctail hour, dinner and dessert tables was amazing. Not only was there an overabundance but all the guests raved about the taste of everything. The price we were quoted incuded everything so the Merion did not nickel and dime us for each station. There were no hidden costs!
    I was concerned about being one of three weddings at the venue during the evening and our wedding coordinator from The Merion guaranteed us that we would not see other brides or guests from other weddings taking place and vice versa. This was absolutely true. I can not say enough about this venue and would highly recommend it.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Kalliopi · Married on 06/25/2017

Everything was perfect and the way we were dreaming it! We got married at the end of June at the Palace ballroom! Alyssa was awesome and she helped us with whatever she could! I wouldn't change anything!

Sent on 07/10/2017