The McKellars | Wedding Cinema Reviews

33 | Tyler, TX

33 Reviews for The McKellars | Wedding Cinema

33 The McKellars | Wedding Cinema Reviews

Emily · Married on 10/08/2016

The McKellars are AMAZING at what they do and they are such great people to boot! We just received our wedding video and couldn't be more pleased. The wedding day truly flies by too fast, and videography is one thing I don't regret a single cent of spending on.

I discovered them through Vimeo, and proceeded to spend a couple hours watching half of their wedding videos of complete strangers. This speaks to how engaging and fun all of their videos are. I loved how each video was so different, and a reflection of each couple. Also, they are one of the few videographers that offers Super 8 film, which gives the film a little extra vintage charm and nostalgia.

Right from the initial booking, Vanessa added me on Facebook to get to know me better, which was unusual for a vendor but just a testament to how invested they are in capturing their client's style and personality in the final product. She is responsive, upbeat, and an overall joy to communicate with.

During the wedding day, they were true professionals and moved around the wedding seamlessly, and I hardly noticed them most of the time. When needed, they provided instructions or prompts to capture certain special moments, all in a very natural and casual way that made us feel very comfortable.

Even after the wedding, they worked to make the final product something we would love. Vanessa saw on social media that our beloved dog passed away since the wedding, which he was in, and checked in to make sure we wouldn't be too sad if he was included in our video. These gestures that go above and beyond meant a lot to us.

Our video has beautiful cinematography and engaging editing. Our wedding party was more of a drinking than dancing group, but they still managed to edit the five minutes of dancing into an epic dance party! I know we will be reliving our wedding through this video for many years to come. We couldn't be happier with this choice and could not recommend them more!

• F

Frani · Married on 09/03/2016

I was super excited to hire The McKellars after watching their work on their website. I had an initial call with Vanessa and was delighted -- she asked so many questions about me, my relationship, my family, my husband's family, etc. I could tell that accepting a job was a meaningful thing for Vanessa -- every step of the way was a moment for Vanessa to get a sense of the couple she is working with. On the day of my wedding, Vanessa and Brent showed up on time and felt like a part of the family -- they sort of blended into the background but knew exactly what prompts to give us (and our family and friends) to capture the things they needed to. They were never in the way, they were never annoying -- they sort of just were there, with us. The result? A video that captures the love that my husband and I have for each-other, and for our families, and for our friends. You can essentially feel our love and our joy bursting through the screen. They seamlessly integrated Super 8 old-school style film for a vintage feel mixed with modern camera work for a magical video that I watch pretty much everyday. They captured the mixing of my Jewish and my husband's Chinese background and culture and they meshed them together into a video that is entertaining and fun. It makes us laugh and cry and it captures details of the day we want to remember forever. I think because Vanessa and Brent are so in love, that this contributes to their work. They knew just how to pull the best pieces together and tell our story on screen. Hire them. This video will go well beyond the money you spend -- it's something you'll cherish forever.

Katarina · Married on 07/16/2016

THE BEST videographer ever!!!! Look no further, it did my detailed research and let me tell you I am the most picky person! I only wanted the absolute best and The McKellars are the absolute best!! Everyone that watched my video is amazed. It is a Hollywood five star style! Look at their website for samples and I am telling you - you will cry even if you don't know the people.:)) In addition, Vanessa is more than a videographer - she is hands on superwomen. Super sweet and helpful with anything she can. I am over the moon with my video. Please look no further!! Best money spent! (my only regret is that I only had them for 8 hours - had I know better I would've booked them for at least 10 hours).

Cortney · Married on 02/21/2016

I can't stop raving about my final video and my experience with the McKellars to all my friends and family. From the moment I viewed their videos, I knew the McKellars were going to shoot our special day...then when I spoke with Vanessa on the phone, it only confirmed I was making the right choice.

Vanessa went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable with all the details, they even mailed me adorable & yummy cookies, thanking me for booking with them (how cute!). Once I met Vanessa & Brent, on our wedding day, I instantly felt comfortable with the both of them. I never noticed them filming us but after watching our video they seemed to capture so many incredible moments I didn't even know happened! They covered every detail and made our video the most perfect caption of our wonderful day.

I was speechless for about a good minute after viewing our final film...it's was beyond perfect and far exceeded my expectations. All my friends and family raved about how beautiful it was and truly captured "us" in such a special and unique way.

If you are looking for a creative, well edited, amazing highlight video of your special day, by two kind and creative people -- look no further than The McKellars, you will not be disappointed & will forever have a gift of reliving your special day over and over.

Thank you Vanessa and Brent for everything! You truly did an incredible job! -Courtney & Luis

The McKellars are seriously THE best! I really can't say enough good things about them. From the moment of contacting them to receiving our videos, every interaction has been great, they are so friendly and easy going. They are a husband and wife team, Brent and Vanessa. Even though we couldn't meet in person before hand, I watched pretty much every video they have (which are all wonderful) and Vanessa had a phone consultation to go over all timelines, details and any unique requests for the wedding day. They even sent us a package of s'mores from Amy's Ice Cream last winter for being a client! So sweet! So, on top of their customer service being impeccable, they are a dream to work with! They make everything that is awkward about being filmed just feel normal and never seemed stressed even a bit on our stressful rainy wedding day. When we got our highlights and feature videos back we were completely blown away. Bring on the tears! Everything they create has such raw emotion mixed with beautiful film, perfect editing and brilliant creativity. We still keep hearing from our friends and family how much they love the videos and I am so grateful to have these memories to watch year after year and to show our future kids and grandkids They are a little expensive, but worth every single penny! One of the best decisions I made for my wedding!

Working with Brent and Vanessa is seamless and rewarding as they are true professionals. They are very conscious about making sure the lighting is perfect, and they work together with their vendors to not be intrusive to either the vendors or guests. I noticed their great rapport with everyone at the event as well so couldn't be happier with them. Also, I can't wait to see their video on Super 8 film that they did at the Alex and Sara wedding. They do fantastic work!!

Chelsa · Married on 10/19/2013

The McKellar team is so talented! We knew their work would be amazing just by looking at the past videos but we were truly blown away by just how perfectly they captured our wedding. They truly care about bringing to life all of the details of the wedding- before, during and after! Vanessa and Brent have such an eye for beauty and piecing together moments with the perfect music- our video tells a beautiful story of the happiest day of our life! Also, they were great to work with- excellent communications throughout the planning process which helped make the wedding day smooth sailing! We are so thankful to have discovered The McKellars and that they were available to film our wedding. It's truly such a gift to be able to watch our wedding through the eyes of the best videographers out there!!!

Ale · Married on 07/27/2013

Vanessa and Brent were amazing to work with!! They were SUPER easy-going and very professional, while being fantastic listeners and highly creative.

Being in CO, we had a few phone conversations and various emails about the film and any ideas or requests I had to make it truly custom and personal. They came up from TX without an issue and quickly adapted on set in the cold, windy/rainy weather we encountered in July!

Very reliable and quick to respond at anytime was also a huge plus!

These two were sneaky with the camera - shooting sweet and memorable moments throughout the day + night without anyone knowing they were "there.". They did such an excellent job! Our film turned out to be absolutely perfect - it captured our magical wedding day exactly as I remember it! It's beautifully shot and creative in the Super 8mm film I love. They are just so talented and were a delight to work with! Highly recommend - you won't be sorry! The film allows you to re-live it over and over again

Rachel · Married on 05/25/2013

It is hard to come up with the right words to capture what the McKellars do. I watched quite a few wedding videos from the McKellars and fell in love with the style and artistry of what they capture for each of their couples (and to be honest I was dying to have a beautiful shot of my dress hanging in a tree--despite much fretting from my mother and grandmother!). But what you get from Vanessa and Brent is truly more than a beautiful video, it is an emotional experience. Watching our video brings me right to that feeling, right to the emotions, and right to the excitement. What makes this so permanent is that they captured the essence of who we are. The video we have is more than a linear account of a fabulous day. It is truly a multidimensional layering of our story.
    Now the real lowdown: I worried about how I would feel having a video camera around all day and how Vanessa and Brent would fit into the background of the day. While we talked on the phone and emailed back and forth I was not able to meet them in person until the day of our wedding. You share very intimate space with them (Vanessa must have spent at least 20 minutes sitting in a bathtub while I was getting my hair and makeup done!) and yet they just become part of the pack. And that is just part of their gift and charm. You want them to be a part of your day and they become a sweet part of your memories.

Lindsey · Married on 03/08/2013

I watched so many videos and did so many searches, landing on Vanessa McKellar Productions a bit later in the game. There are so many talented videographers out there, but with each one, something wasn't my style. Until I came to Vanessa. Vanessa's videos had a timelessness to them, and she had such an eye for details. They were art in the same way that a well taken photograph is art. Each video I watched of the weddings of complete strangers made me cry. I was pretty sold at that point that not only did we need to hire a videographer but that we needed to hire Vanessa.

At our wedding, Vanessa and her husband Brent were wonderful to work with. They collaborated so well with our photographer, they were creative and funny, they put us all at ease, and it felt like we'd known them a lot longer than a few hours.

Meagan · Married on 12/01/2012

I had been following Vanessa's blog for years, so when I got engaged, choosing her as our videographer was the easiest wedding decision I made.

Throughout the engagement, she was there to answer any questions or concerns that came up. A couple of weeks before the wedding, Vanessa called me to ask how things were going, went over last minute details, and asked questions about me and my now husband.

On the day of the wedding, I felt like I already knew her when she walked in the room. The atmosphere was instantly professional yet comfortable. I never once felt like I was "on the spot" or at all uncomfortable.

When we received our video, we were impressed with everything, from the label on the box, to the packaging and presentation, and of course by the actual product. Our video was everything I had hoped it would be and more. Vanessa and Brent caught all of the moments that we hoped they would, but even more that we would have never known happened if it weren't for them. We now have a way to relive the best day of our lives over and over. Our future kids and grandkids also now have a way to see that day for themselves and meet relatives that they never had the chance to know.

Choosing VMP was the easiest decision for me to make in the beginning, and when the wedding was over, it ended up being the one decision that I did not regret in any way. You can not put a price on the experience and product that you get from this company.

Julie · Married on 11/03/2012

Working with Vanessa McKellar Productions was a dream come true! I fell in love with their work while my husband and I were just dating. When we got engaged, I emailed them asap to get quotes. They were extremely understanding and willing to work with my budget. They were great with communication. The day of the wedding I felt like a movie star! My favorite is that they used every song from our wedding in the video during the scenes from the actual day. For example, the song that played during our first dance was the song that played on the video of our firat dance. She made the video come to life with matching the music to the real day. My husband and I couldnt be happier and have recommended them to all of our friends that are engaged.

Colleen · Married on 09/02/2012

Hiring VMP to video our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. Vanessa and Brent are extremely professional and make everything so easy the day of. You will love watching your video for years to come and remembering all the small live details that go by way too fast on your wedding day.

Kourtney · Married on 07/21/2012

I looked into many videographers for our wedding, but none of them just wowed me! Then a good friend of mine referred Vanessa to us, she could not say enough great things about Vanessa and her team. When I went to her website and saw her work I knew Vanessa had to be our videographer. We could not be more happy with her work. She had so many awesome ideas for our video that really made our wedding video so personal and one of a kind. We love our wedding video and highly recommend Vanessa and her team to anyone. You will not be disappointed! She will capture every sweet moment, even the ones you forget about! Our photographer jacked up our wedding pictures so we feel so blessed our wedding video turned out absolutely amazing! I can't express how wonderful Vanessa is and how amazing our video is

Lijay · Married on 06/30/2012

What could I possibly say about Vanessa McKellar that is not the epitome of a wonderful videographer? We planned our wedding from out of town and Vanessa was very accommodating from the start.

She was very responsive to emails and was punctual to our meetings. Friendly, honest and creative, Vanessa provided brilliant ideas and direction to make our wedding day even better. We cannot stop watching our wedding video and the trailers that she puts together are a perfect glimpse into our amazing wedding ceremony and reception.

Thank you Vanessa, your creative genius will take you past the stars!

Brides,

If you have not yet considered or thought about hiring a videographer, now is the time. When the wedding is over, you will be struggling to remember the details of the actual wedding and reception. Having a video will keep your wedding alive for the rest of your lives and give you a way to share it with those who could not be with you that day.

In addition, your video will capture things you didn't even know happened - things that will be lost forever unless you have someone to capture it on video.

It is an expensive investment, no doubt. But Vanessa McKellar Productions will supply you with memories that are priceless in the most artistically beautiful way you can imagine. She and her husband were our most amazing and professional vendors. You will be shocked - and so will everyone else - when you/they see your video for the first time.

One more thing - Bride, you look thinner in the video than you do the pictures, trust me.

Call Vanessa TODAY! She is in high demand, and you will be privileged to book her for your Big Day.

-Erica Guzman

I used Vanessa for my wedding this year, and she was spectacular. Creative and organized, she was also incredibly friendly, and a joy to have around on our wedding day. She edited a great highlights reel for us, as well, and it came out beautifully. Highly recommend!

Virginia · Married on 10/22/2011

We absolutely loved working with Vanessa and Brent. Our video captured our day exactly as Vanessa had told me it would. She listened to what I wanted and executed perfectly. Plus, she and Brent were a ton of fun!

Kate · Married on 10/01/2011

The quality of Vanessa's work exceeds any other wedding video I have seen and I was completely thrilled with the finished product. I was nervous about the thought of being on camera all day, but Vanessa and Brent did a skillful job of filming everything without me even noticing their presence; the result is a natural and genuine representation of the day. The video truly captured the range of emotions throughout the day in a way photos never could. Everyone says your wedding day goes by in a blur, and now knowing how true that is I am so happy that we can relive it vividly and appreciate all the special moments.

danielle · Married on 09/17/2011

Vanessa McKellar is AMAZING. When I found them online and viewed their wedding films, I was speechless and knew that they were perfect to capture our wedding day. We absolutely love our trailer and can't wait to see the rest! Vanessa and her husband, Brent, were professional, easy to work with and best of all weren't intrusive during the entire day. I recommend them without question.

Jenna · Married on 08/27/2011

Oh my goodness, Vanessa McKellar is a phenomenal videographer and so amazing to work with. My fiance and I were originally not planning on hiring a videographer but after seeing some of Vanessa's work on her website (a friend who had hired her for their own wedding encouraged us to check her work out) we knew how much greater our memories would be with Vanessa and her video camera around.
    A huge plus for me was Vanessa's sweetness and good communication. She really wanted to get to know our style and make it our unique video. We couldn't be more thrilled! We both learned so much about our wedding day that we didn't know before getting to watch the video. I got to see what his individual day looked like and he got to see mine. It's a very special video and Vanessa is wonderful! Highly highly recommend!

Megan · Married on 06/11/2011

I don't even know where to start! Vanessa and Brent were so incredibly amazing. It is so awesome to be able to re-live the best day of your life anytime you want! The music they picked for our DVD was absolutely perfect. It's so fun to watch... they capture things you didn't even know happened. Your wedding day is such a whirlwind of a day... you can barely remember saying I do. We are so grateful to have this video to watch when we want, to share with our friends and family who were unable to attend the wedding and to show our future children down the road. This was one of the best decisions we made!! You WILL NOT be disappointed in their services!! Thank you doesn't even begin to express our gratitude!! We love you Vanessa and Brent!

Jenni · Married on 11/12/2010

I don't know where to even begin...I was one of those brides who looked at EVERY videographer's website and watched EVERY wedding video out there. I knew I wanted a "cinematography-style" wedding video and not just a "normal" wedding video. Vanessa was the only videographer that caught my eye and uses the true "cinematography-style" (although others claim to). She does NOT use cheesy songs and her work is timeless!! She is the sweetest thing ever although you will hardly know she is even at your wedding (VERY unintrusive). The 2-3 minute highlights montage is the perfect way to show people your "wedding video" without having to make them watch a long video (i was able to show people at work on my Iphone). The "feature film" (not sure if that's what she calls it) is about 30minutes in length and is edited footage that she puts together with music. I have watched it like 50 times already and I just got it in the mail last week!!! I could not be happier with choosing Vanessa. I could literally go on and on about how happy I am but at this point I will stop and just let her work speak for itself. You have to check out her work on her blog (you can see my wedding under "Jenni & Andrew/Colleyville TX" posted 1/3/11). If you want to have a reference to talk to, just ask Vanessa for my contact info and I will be glad to talk your ear off:)

Marissa · Married on 06/19/2010

Vanessa is so incredibly talented. She did a fantastic job on our wedding video and it is something we will always treasure! She is definitely one of the best in the industry!

• unexpressedfear

Laura Lacey · Married on 05/29/2010

Vanessa is AWESOME! I found her videos online and could not stop watching them over and over (and they made me cry)...so I knew exactly what I wanted! Vanessa (and Brent) were so easy to work with and you can tell they have a true passion for what they do! We have received our videos and they are phenomenal. They arrived in a beautiful black album that is super classy - and my friends and family have went nuts over them! This is the best investment I made for my wedding and will be something I will cherish for years to come!