The McGarity House Reviews

The McGarity House 7
  • Emmie

Emmie Trull · Getting married on 04/18/2020

LOVE this Venue!

The McGarity House wasn't our first pick for a venue, but as soon as we walked up to the property, we knew it was where we would get married. The entire property is beautiful, and there are so many possibilities for couples visions. You can get married outside on the green grass under the apple trees, inside the covered barn, or inside the ballroom. Melita is the wedding coordinator and she is AMAZING. So flexible, very informative, and willing to do anything for you as a bride. We love this venue!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 05/18/2019

The best wedding venue in the world

Where do I start?
    The McGarity House is perfect in every way!
    We looked at many venues that were expensive and did not offer as much as the McGarity House. The moment we stepped on the property, we fell in love. It has everything we were looking for: a 100+ year old plantation house, an elegant barn, a spacious ballroom, bride’s suite, groom’s suite, the sweetest apple orchard ever, beautiful trees with a chandler and couch underneath them, an adorable swing in the woods. The grounds are maintained impeccably with flowers and bushes around the buildings. It’s an absolute dream! The property is stunning and looks amazing in photos, but the best part is the owner and wedding coordinator, Melita Pritchard! She is the sweetest, most laid back, and calm person you have ever met! And trust me, you need her for your wedding day!!!! She went above and beyond! She helped decorate, her family took care of collecting gifts and cards, parking, set up, and clean up! She made sure everything ran smoothly and all the guests were happy! She made sure my husband and I had everything we wanted! I truly can’t thank her enough! The McGarity House and Melita will make your wedding day the most special and magical day of your life!!!! ❤️

Sent on 06/13/2019
    The McGarity House 19
    The McGarity House 20

Amy Thomas · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful and Perfect Wedding

The McGarity House was the perfect place to get married! I decided to go with the all inclusive package, so it made planning effortless and allowed me to enjoy the process. Melita is amazing and is there to answer any questions and guide you through the whole thing; she made sure everything ran smoothly the day of the wedding. Everyone who attended my wedding commented on how beautiful The McGarity House is and how perfect it all was!

Sent on 04/20/2019

Shelly Palmer · Married on 03/20/2019

It was Amazing!

As the mother of the bride, I have to say the venue was amazing! They closely worked with us from the very beginning until the end to ensure our special day was nothing but spectacular. I could do not be more pleased. It was absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 03/20/2019

Katie Curtis · Married on 11/17/2018

Curtis wedding

I do not have the words to describe the wonderful experience we had with McGarity House. The venue is beautiful, they are VERY helpful. And overall amazing

Sent on 12/23/2018

Jane · Married on 11/03/2018

I am a wedding planner/designer in my free time and have worked with dozens of weddings over the past 25 years. The two most important goals for any wedding is that my bride have a care-free beautiful day and that my guests feel welcomed and enjoy the happiness of the event. When the day came when I was to plan my own daughter's wedding, she wanted a turn-of-the-century/vintage outdoor wedding highlighting the early 1900's. After researching many venues in the Atlanta area, we found the perfect site - The McGarity House built in the 1910s. The house is beautiful and more than accommodating thanks to the fabulous staff. The home not only provided several areas where we could host the wedding outside, but since my daughter wanted an outdoor wedding in late July, I had to make sure that my guests would be as comfortable as possible. The house not only provided a beautiful backdrop for her wedding, but also included a large reception hall (with a/c) that was added to the back of the house while still maintaining the architectural integrity of the 1900s house. The house and property are not only unique (not the typical "cookie cutter" venue), but are also meticulously maintained - you truly felt that you were getting married in an intimate, home environment. We had the perfect venue! Not only did the house exceed our expectations, but the staff could not have been more accommodating! Melita, a young business woman, was extremely professional throughout the entire planning process. She quickly responded to every email and allowed us to visit the site many times so that we could plan accordingly. She listened to our desires. The day of the wedding was a beautiful, HOT day in Georgia! The grounds were perfect, the house spotless, and everything set up perfectly! I cannot say enough good things. My bride was happy and our guests are still raving four weeks later! Thank you, Melita, for helping us execute my daughter's perfect day!

Sent on 09/02/2012

Destiny · Married on 10/20/2018

Pate Wedding

The venue is so beautiful. Melita is so great to work with and responds so quickly. She answered all of my questions! Only down fall was no alcohol was allowed so it was a short reception. They set up everything and clean up, which was awesome! Over all, we had a loving wedding thanks to the McGarity House!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Robin · Married on 08/11/2018

As Mother of the Bride I could not have asked for more! The McGarity House is a beautiful venue with many different options for the ceremony and reception. Melita is fantastic! She made the whole process EASY from start to finish. She listens well, is attentive to all the details, kind and gentle, flexible and is ALL about the bride and groom's wishes for their special day. I am truly thankful for how easy Melita made this day a reality for us.The house, barn and grounds are absolutely stunning too. What a wonderful and special experience for our family!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/23/2018

The McGarity House was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding; we could not have been more pleased. The house is gorgeous, the grounds are wonderful with lots of room for guests to spread out and many many spots perfect for photo ops. This was my first time planning a wedding so starting out I was nervous about the details and plans. I felt overwhelmed with the sheer amount of things to work out and the costs. Here's what I found: Melita is a very calm person who doesn't oversell her business and is very flexible. She answers questions matter of factly and is very accommodating; I felt prepared and like I knew what we were getting and what to expect at every step. Because the home is so beautiful and decorated so elegantly with lots of original details and soft whites, we could do with it we wanted. Not only did that save us money in decorating, it provided a gorgeous backdrop for what we did do which was lots of white roses and greenery. Choosing an all inclusive package is the way to go - the caterer and florist nailed it, exactly what we wanted. We did a brunch with fried chicken and waffles with a grit bar and bacon. One of my favorite things about the day was a guest from Ohio remarking to me - "coming into this beautiful place with the smell of coffee and bacon was like coming into your home. This is the sweetest most relaxed wedding I've ever been to. "
    We went into the day knowing full well with 120 guests and rain on the way glitches were certain to happen and we'd just have to be okay with it. But, that didn't happen. We had ZERO issues or problems. As the mother of the bride, I am still surprised with how relaxed I was all through out the day. The hardest part for me was actually getting the bride and all of her girls to the house that morning!

Sent on 06/28/2018
    The McGarity House 21
    The McGarity House 22
    The McGarity House 23
    The McGarity House 24

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2016

This place is a hidden gem. We had the wedding of our dreams here: gorgeous outdoor fall ceremony and we used the barn for our reception. It was so gorgeous. Melita was wonderful to work with and had all the details covered. Very reasonably priced and they have a package deal with caterer and cake which simplified everything for me. Very please and HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Leah · Married on 06/18/2016

Melita is WONDERFUL! They work so well with everything we want and are quick to help when you get stuck! The grounds and house are gorgeous!

Sent on 01/21/2016

My daughter was married at The McGarity House over the weekend and we couldn't have chosen a better location. The house, the barn and the grounds are the perfect setting for a wedding. They were reasonably priced and very professional. Melita, her mother, Donna, and other family members worked incredibly hard to make sure my daughter had a wonderful wedding. We had so many compliments on the venue and how beautiful the wedding was. A huge thank you to the McGarity House for a fascinating event!

Sent on 09/21/2015

I can't say enough good things about this place! The grounds are gorgeous, the house and ballroom are spectacular and Melita was so incredibly helpful! What my daughter wanted most was to have great pictures to remember her special day and the McGarrity house did not let us down with plenty of places for fantastic pictures. And many guest used the grounds as an opportunity to take family pictures because it's just that pretty!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Kathryn · Married on 05/29/2015

The McGarity House is an absolutely beautiful venue, inside and out. Melita was extremely helpful and responded quickly whenever I had a question. We're having the ceremony and reception at the house a week from today, and I couldn't be more happy with this venue. They even provided some decorating extras, like shepherd hooks, candle holders, and chalkboards.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Dinah · Married on 11/14/2014

Malita made my daughter's wedding day a wonderful experience. The venue was amazing and exactly what we had in mind.

Sent on 11/16/2014

lee · Married on 10/18/2014

As mom of the bride I am so pleased that my daughter and son in law picked this place! Gorgeous venue and Melita, the manager and director is fantastic! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Melita, the venue director, was such a blessing in planning my wedding. She made everything so easy and was always there to help with whatever I needed. The price is great for all you get with the venue, and you get to pick your own caterer. Our wedding day went well thanks to the amazing staff at the McGarity House.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2014

My husband and I got married at the McGarity House last June! We can not say enough good things about Melita! She was so helpful in making sure that our wedding and reception were perfect! I highly recommend having your ceremony and reception here! I have even recommended the McGarity House to one of my newly engaged friends to have her wedding! It was a perfect day and Melita played a huge role in making it a success! We can't thank her enough!

Sent on 03/21/2015

Marilyn · Married on 01/04/2014

Beautiful location! I was in awe the day of my wedding how perfect everything looked! It was exactly how I envisioned everything. Melita is such a sweet and wonderful person to deal with, the whole experience was incredible.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Tatum · Married on 10/05/2013

Melita and staff were such a pleasure working with. Everything I asked of Melita she exceeded. The wedding rehearsal and wedding day was a breeze. Brides this venue is totally worth everything. Very much recommended!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Mary · Married on 09/07/2013

The house was beautiful!!! Everyone was just beyond awesome as the mother of the bride it was a weight of my shoulders having Malita and her staff share in that wonderful day!!

Sent on 02/16/2014

Nicole · Married on 06/29/2013

From the moment my husband showed me The McGarity House I fell in love with it. When it came speak to the owners about booking our wedding and reception I emailed miss Melita and within minutes got a response. A couple of days later we went to the house to meet Melita. Booked right away. She is always on time and she is the sweetest woman you'll ever meet she's very flexible with meeting times and so helpful when I needed ad.vice on set up. I could not have had a better experience with my wedding and reception anywhere else. Very nice staff. They helped us set up anything we needed help with. Extremely kind people. If you're looking for a country chic or a classy wedding I highly recommend the McGarity house hands down. Beautiful location and budget friendly. Several spots to choose from for your ceremony. I loved the Apple trees. Thank you Melita and staff for making our special day absolutely wonderful
    Sincerely,
    Josh & Nicole Smith

Sent on 07/05/2013
  • BeccaAnn

Rebecca · Married on 03/30/2013

Amazing!!! Melita is wonderful to work with, and is super sweet!!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/13/2012

I absolutely loved having my Bridesmaid luncheon at the McGarity House. The setting is beautiful and everyone was so inviting and ready to help. We had the entire place to ourselves which made it feel lmore intimate for me and my family and friends. Everyone was raving about the space and the grounds. I would highly recommend this location to anyone planning a luncheon, reception, ceremony or shower.

Sent on 09/04/2012

T · Married on 09/01/2012

Melita and her staff were both courteous and accommodating. They wanted to know our vision for the day and they worked to make it happen. The venue was beautiful during the day and magical at night! Not only did we enjoy the day but our guests loved it also. Thank you Melita for all that you did to make the wedding very special!

Sent on 09/03/2012