56 Reviews for The McCreery House

Chair Covers (1)
Tent Accessories (1)
Tents (1)
56 The McCreery House Reviews

I dob't know what we would have done without Julie. I did not realize renting the venue came with the wedding planner, I could not be happier with my daughter's wedding at the McCreery House

Profile Picture Sheri, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

McCreery House was the perfect place for us to have our wedding, the venue is gorgeous during every season and it doubles as a bed and breakfast for you or your party. Julie is extremely accommodating and she was basically my wedding planner (she even called some of my other vendors for me to set things up)! She responded to my questions very quickly, was available to meet with me several times during my planning process, and she helped me set up and took down the whole setup. I highly recommend McCreery House. For its value you will find few other places that give you as much bang for your buck. I got the house to get ready in, set up, take down, tables and chairs, linens, music sound system, servers, ice, chaffing dishes, plates and dining wear, and the tent (cost split between all the couples for the weekend), and a place for me and my husband to sleep for the night for the price.

Profile Picture Miranda, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I am so happy we chose the McCreery House! It was decorated so beautifully and the staff was so amazing.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say it enough, without Julie's help, I know our special day would not have gone as smoothly. Julie took care of EVERYTHING, she was everywhere I needed her when I needed her. She always had solutions to problems, and was always 10 steps ahead of everything.

Julie, if you are reading this, Thank you! Without you, I don't know that I would have done.
Thank you for everything!

-Mr. & Mrs. John and MLaney Janowiak

Profile Picture MLaney, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The McCreery House was absolutely perfect for our son's wedding. It was a fall morning wedding, the yard was beautiful, the set up with table, etc was perfect. We had a small wedding with family and felt comfortable visiting with family. Julie Marsh was a wonderful host and met our emergency needs with professionalism, ie cake falling apart at the last minute. Julie assisted us with the planning, gave referrals for hair, photographer etc. This was useful since our daughter in law was from out of town and did not know services in town. I would highly recommend the McCreery House for you wedding venue.

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Travel, Wedding Planning

Julie at the McCreery House is wonderful! I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect day. Anything you could ever imagine to make this day special she made happen. The best part about this experience is that she’s a new friend for life! If you are looking for a place to hold a wedding, family event, etc look no further! This place is magical. Thank you Julie, I can’t wait to come back and stay again! Victoria Delahay

Profile Picture Victoria , 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Deciding to get married at the McCreery House was hands down the BEST decision and investment my husband and I made during the entire wedding planning process. The venue itself is stunning, boasting a strikingly unique Victorian house wrapped in a gorgeous, luscious garden area. The real gem of the deal, however, is Julie - owner, inn-keeper, and wedding planner extraordinaire. Her impeccable attention to detail and excellent organizational skills allowed the entire wedding planning process to go as smoothly and stress-free as possible. And when the skies decided to pour rain all day on what we had hoped would be a lovely & mild mid-September outdoor wedding, Julie and her team sprang into action, making last minute adjustments and bending over backwards to turn our wedding day into one that we and our guests will never forget. If you choose to get married here, rest assured that Julie will do whatever it takes to make your dream wedding happen, despite any and all unexpected obstacles that may arise. Everything about our experience at the McCreery House was simply wonderful, and I cannot recommend it enough.

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Julie was amazing and bent over backwards to make our day great! Anyone who is getting married should go speak with julie!

Profile Picture James, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My son was married here and it turned out beautiful! Julie was so nice and amazing to work with and my family and I would recommend the McCreery House for whatever event you are having. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!

Profile Picture Vickie, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding early September. The garden was Beautiful! The staff was SO on top of everything and friendly. Julie helpt make our wedding planning a breeze.

Profile Picture Kimmy, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I don't even know where to start to explain how amazing my experience was at the McCreery House. Julie and her staff were so attentive on my big day even when we had a late officiant and we had to switch up our entire schedule. They kept me calm and brought me a beer right away as requested :) I couldn't have asked for anything better than the McCreery house. From booking to emailing back and forth several times, they just wanted to keep me happy. At the end of the day, we all had a great time and I received so many compliments from friends and family about the venue and how gorgeous the house is and how green and detailed the reception/ceremony space was. Overall I'm happy and grateful I found the McCreery house for my big day. #labordayweekend #bill&Sandra #9-3-17

Profile Picture Sandra, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor

The McCreery house was such a beautiful/perfect place to get married, me and my husband got married on the 25th of August this year and it was so incredibly beautiful, we keep getting compliments on how amazing everything was. Julie and the other staff members we're so helpful and friendly, they made sure everything was perfect and stress free. We were truly blessed to get married at the McCreery house. I would definitely recommend this venue to any newly engaged couple.

Profile Picture Christina , 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Loved everything about it. Great with working out all the details and just a great pleasure working with I don't have any regrets with the McCreery house. The McCreery House would be the fist place I would recommend to anyone . They really get to know there clients and will try to help out in a pinch if something goes wrong. If I could I would give ten star rating.

Profile Picture Alex, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our experience with the McCreery House for a wedding reception was wonderful! We had a delightful summer evening reception that went flawlessly, thanks to owner, Julie Marsh. Julie met with us several times and promptly answered many questions through email. She had great suggestions and set the venue up beautifully for our event. Julie has great taste and many years of interior design experience, so she has an eye for what will be both beautiful and tasteful. The McCreery House has a variety of linens, dishes, serving items, and staff to make everything simple for clients. There is space both inside and outside to accommodate events and it is a great value for the cost. I am convinced we could not have had a better experience anywhere in planning and holding our reception! Thank you, Julie!

Profile Picture Pam, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is georgious! The photos online looked beautiful but actually seeing it in person was even better. Not to mention the service is outstanding. We hardly had to do anything. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Cameron, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Julie and her staff were amazing to work with. We were pretty clueless about organizing our daughter's wedding and Julie coached us through it all. We felt like family when all was said and done. The event itself came off beautifully despite some rain. It was a beautiful and memorable wedding. So many services provided and so much care was taken I cannot recommend Julie highly enough! THANK YOU Julie and staff!!! Lindy Weatherford

Profile Picture Melinda, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Jewelry, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake

As the parents of the groom, a wedding is always going to be easier than on the parents of the bride. This wedding was relatively easy on everyone! Julie and her team took care of so many things, from decorating, to running the rehearsal, to putting out food and drink, cleanup, and much more. It was a delight to just enjoy the day and not leave completely exhausted.

Profile Picture Patti, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you so much for a beautiful wedding and celebrate!

Profile Picture Allyssa, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

It was such a a joy to work with McCreery House owners and staff. They treated us as royalty.

Profile Picture Kristy, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Amazing! Julie's experience and professionalism showed!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great to work with! Very friendly and helpful, would go back for other events.

Profile Picture Ken, 6/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had just our reception here, not the ceremony. I had the fortune to work with both the previous owner Linda as well as the new owner Julie. We had a beautiful reception and Julie was on top of everything! Even little last minute changes I wanted. I didn't have to worry about anything. She kept frequent contact with us over the months of planning and had fantastic ideas when I had no clue how to proceed. She was also very flexible with my parents indecision to stay at the BnB for the 2 nights.

Profile Picture MIchelle, 7/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

The McCreery House is a magical place for an event! It is a stunning back drop for photos too! The house is beautiful as is the back yard where the wedding took place. Linda helped coordinate all the details and our event was more perfect then we could have hoped for. She is professional and a joy to work with. Our other vendors were familiar with her and her venue and they all expressed approval in our choice of venue! If we had it to do over we would again choose the McCreery House and recommend it to anyone looking for a unique and charming setting.

Profile Picture Kim, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Linens, Server(s)

Linda was amazing. So very helpful and accommodating. Perfect that everything is in one location. She does all set up, clean up even cooks :) I recommend this wonderful experience to everyone.

Profile Picture Emilee, 8/29/15, 1 Review