The Maxwell House Reviews

The Maxwell House 7
  • Kathryn

kate · Married on 11/03/2018

Stunning inside and out!

The Maxwell House was the only venue I toured after months of online research. Instantly, I knew I wanted to get married there. I loved having the ability to hire my own vendors because we were doing an interfaith/multicultural ceremony and had some specific requirements for food, etc. I was really worried about finding an event space that could accommodate all our logistical and personal wants and needs.

The space is stunning! We had our ceremony outside and it had a garden/backyard feel to it, as well as an elegant Los Angeles-in-the-30’s look. Inside, you really don’t need any additional décor besides some floral arrangements since the art is so stunning. My only concern was that it was a little dim and we were getting married in November. I met with their preferred lighting vendor, GoGo Sprockets, and we created a false ceiling in the foyer with lanterns strung from the balcony, which was so gorgeous. Also, our photographer, Michael Farmer, specializes in low lighting photography and our pictures turned out great.

On a personal note, I was really happy to have my wedding here because of it’s mission. My best friends/bridesmaids are queer women. My family is Korean and Irish Catholic and my husband’s family is Pakistani and Muslim. Getting married in a beautiful, welcome space was a must for us.

Lastly, Reid is the best! My husband took over wedding planning and definitely needed help. Reid's professionalism and guidance saved us a ton of stress, especially since we were struggling towards the end. We really can't thank him enough!

Sent on 04/01/2019
    The Maxwell House 14
    The Maxwell House 15
    The Maxwell House 16
  • Kysha

Kysha · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Venue

Maxwell House is located on Grand Ave in Pasadena. The area is historic and beautiful and also conveniently located near the Colorado Bridge. Reid and his team are amazing and they were soooo helpful with setting up the venue. Maxwell House allows you to hire an insured caterer and bartender so you’re not as restricted by catering requirements that other venue require. The venue is beautiful & spacious. It easily accommodated our 78 people + vendors. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/06/2018

The Maxwell House's reply:

OMG Kysha! You're wedding was gorgeous and we were so happy to be a small part of it! We wish you all the best in your lives together!
  • Laci

Laci · Married on 03/10/2018

We had guests coming up to us throughout the evening of our wedding giving compliments to this venue. I’m so glad that I found the Maxwell House. It was a beautiful venue that supports a good cause! What more could you want? It made my heart smile knowing that my money was going to The Western Justice Center rather than just some big hotel chain.
    Reid was amazing and super quick to respond to every email I sent. We had the wedding ceremony in the foyer (I was able to have an amazing grand entrance because of this), dinner in the living room, bar in the library, buffet in the dining room, and dance floor in the back of the foyer. This provided a lot of space for people to dance, mingle, and have a great time. My wedding was a full week ago, but I’m still getting calls and texts letting me know that it was one of the best weddings they’ve ever been to.
    Thank you, Maxwell House, for such a memorable day and evening.

Sent on 03/16/2018
    The Maxwell House 17

The Maxwell House's reply:

Laci it was such a pleasure to help you have your wedding here! You were a gorgeous bride and had such a beautiful wedding. We were honored to be small part of your special day! Thank you for showing us these gorgeous photos! Come visit any time!
    Sincerely,
    ~Reid

Tatev · Married on 12/16/2017

Thank you for great service! Couldn't ask for easier communication

Sent on 03/02/2017

Mark · Married on 10/21/2017

Let me start this by saying, our wedding would not have been as incredible as it was, were it not for the Maxwell House and their incredible staff. Lori, Lisa and Kevin did there very best to make sure every detail of our day was attended to. They worked with our budget, they were easy to communicate with through the preparation process and even stepped in to help us problem solve at the last minute - above and beyond what we could have imagined and hoped for. On the day of, their staff was quietly helpful, making sure any needs were met without disrupting guests. Everyone commented on what a special space the Maxwell House is and how personal our big day felt. We cannot recommend this venue enough. Thank you Maxwell House, Lori, Lisa and Kevin for making our day the most memorable of our lives. -Mark and Kyle

Sent on 12/13/2017
    The Maxwell House 22
    The Maxwell House 23
    The Maxwell House 24

Diana · event on 10/19/2017

My one tip for next time would be to have an after-hours phone number to call if there is an emergency. We had the fire alarm go off when some toast burned in the oven. It would have been helpful to have someone to contact immediately on how to turn off the alarm so that we all didn’t wait with ears plugged for the fire department to show. : ) It made for an eventful evening nonetheless!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Erica · event on 10/19/2017

We hosted a Breast Cancer Awareness fundraiser at the Maxwell House in Pasadena, and it turned out wonderful! The staff at the Maxwell House was very professional, friendly, and accommodating to our needs. The space is absolutely gorgeous with many different options, which allowed us to separate the eves of the evening with ease. We look forward to working with the Maxwell House again next year!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Jim · Married on 10/13/2017

As the Director of Development for a local organization, I've had events at many different venues. The Maxwell House was a superb location for our annual major donor dinner. Our 80 guests fit perfectly for dinner and a speaking program in the main room, and enjoyed a cocktail reception on the back patio with the lovely globe light strings overhead and dessert reception in the grand foyer following dinner. We used the large dining room table for a double-sided buffet service, which worked great for quick dinner service. The ambience of the Maxwell House is elegant yet not pretentious. The flexibility of having various spaces to use created an event with a easy flow from beginning to end, and if we had a larger turn out for the event, there would have been numerous ways to design the event and event flow. The staff were all gracious and accommodating, a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. I look forward to our next event there!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Michelle · Married on 05/27/2017

Great venue with an excellent price and beautiful location!

Sent on 03/11/2017

Corlis · Married on 04/10/2017

Nicole and Lisa are great, personable,friendly and stayed in touch. They responded to every phone call and email.

Sent on 04/04/2017

Melina · Married on 04/08/2017

This place is amazing! It's absolutely stunning inside and out! I'm so excited I found this hidden gem in April. Check this place out - it will not disappoint!!!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Julie · Married on 03/25/2017

The customer service was exceptional! The venue exquisite! Will definitely be letting my friends all know about The Maxwell House!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Jesse · Married on 02/10/2017

I used this facility to do some filming a couple days ago. Their staff are fantastic and easy to work with. The spaces are grand and overwhelmingly beautiful. I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to have a wedding here. I strongly recommend any happy couple to use this space for their special day.

Sent on 02/12/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/23/2014

They were wonderful and affordable. My guests loved the venue and we had such a good time. They were great to work with.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Beautiful place!! My guest love the place. Would do it all over it again! oxoxox

Sent on 08/21/2014

Allyson · Married on 06/14/2014

We chose The Maxwell House as our reception venue (the ceremony was at a church). The Maxwell House was unique in that it only schedules one wedding per weekend which means you don't have to compete with other weddings for time. It's a beautiful house and was so accommodating. We were able to decorate on Friday which saved a lot of time the day-of. The vendors were also able to drop off rentals on Friday and pick up on Monday which was convenient for them and decreased the delivery charges. The Maxwell House itself is a very cozy and intimate venue. We were only planning for 80 guests which was the perfect size for the house, though I feel like it could have held 100 comfortably. Any more would feel a bit cramped. We had our dinner inside which holds around 100 people, so 80 felt nice and spread out. Our wedding was in the middle of June and had perfect weather, especially at night, so the patio got a lot of use as a lounge and drink area. We put our dance floor right next to the large doors leading out onto the patio so guests could easily go between the lounge areas and the dance floor. The different rooms make it possible for groups to split off and rest while talking to each other and sipping drinks. The venue can be dressed up or dressed down to fit whatever wedding theme you choose. We wanted ours to feel like a relaxed yet classy house party that was comfortable and unpretentious. The people who wanted to dance did, and those who wanted to relax had the areas required to do so. It was the perfect venue for us and a great alternative to the one room conventional wedding setup. I highly recommend this venue and encourage you to take a tour.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Poy · Married on 10/05/2013

Camille at the Maxwell house is like an angel. The Venue and location is superb.
    All of the staff cannot be anymore accommodate. The place is so beautiful!

Sent on 11/15/2013

Karen · Married on 10/20/2012

Everything was beautiful at the site, and it was $2600 for the entire day (11am-11pm), which was awesome. They also let you bring your own caterer and alcohol, which saves a TON of money. I was able to have my dream wedding for under $15,000 thanks to the affordability of this site, and I was able to play with a cool vintage theme because the house was built in the twenties. We got married outside on the patio and had the reception inside. They also let us host the rehearsal dinner there as part of the $2600. We looked at a LOT of affordable venues and it was the best we found. But be warned - you can't fit over 100 people!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Katie · Married on 09/28/2017

Beautiful historic location with friendly helpful staff

Sent on 11/30/2017
    The Maxwell House 25
    The Maxwell House 26

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

The grounds are beautiful. There's nothing bad you can say about the house. It's amazing how you have an entire space with multiple rooms at your expense. If you love to design your own space an come up with anything you like, this is the space for you! Perfect diy!

Sent on 03/03/2017

The Maxwell House's reply:

Lauren thank you so much for this very kind review! We loved having you in our historic facility and send you all the best wishes for newlywed bliss!

Robin · Married on 10/12/2013

Absolutely loved this place from the moment we stepped on the grounds for our first look. Both my husband and I knew it would provide the exact ambiance we wanted. A beautiful house with history to go along with it! The reception room ONLY seats 100...be prepared for that!! We thought maybe we could squeeze an extra table but no way! The area is beautiful and the pictures that follow are also incredible. Camille and Clifton were both a great help making our wedding day PERFECT!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Sally · Married on 12/16/2017

The Maxwell House is beautiful. I just booked it for my wedding ceremony! (Note - We are, for cultural reasons, having our reception elsewhere.)

It is a great space with lots of vintage character. For a ceremony, I appreciated having choices what space I could use. The patio holds about 120 and the living room, possibly 100+ if it's just for ceremony only. The patio has lots of palm trees for a truly Cali wedding, and I liked that the living room has a big window that serves as a nice focal point. Another plus: great photo opps--there's a balcony and it's next to the Colorado Street Bridge.

Lisa and Nicole were very responsive to our questions. We connected over email, and they were so easy to work with! Because we did the tour with Lisa, she became our go-to. She was knowledgeable about Maxwell House's space, and I appreciated she was clear and direct. Meeting her, I could see she really knows weddings.

I felt like it was a good value for a few reasons, that might be specific to my wedding. For a December wedding, I had indoor and outdoor options. We had use of the space exclusively for the day I booked, and could schedule a rehearsal prior. There's a parking lot available for guests. Most of all, the space had personality and didn't feel commercial like other spaces we looked at. I have confidence I'll have a wedding that's truly special, working with the Maxwell House team.

Sent on 03/02/2017

Bethany · Married on 03/24/2018

I loved my wedding day at the Maxwell House. It is a beautiful place to hold your wedding at a great price.

Sent on 04/17/2018

The Maxwell House's reply:

Bethany thank you so much for this very kind review! You are always welcome back, and we wish you both all the best!

3.0

Great location. Absolutely beautiful for a small wedding

Sent on 10/07/2016