The Maridor Reviews

The Maridor 6
The Maridor 7

Lexu · Married on 06/08/2019

Highly recommend!!

My husband and I got married at The Maridor on June 8, 2019. We absolutely loved the experience. Brenda and her team went above and beyond our expectations with everything from the planning process to decorations to vendor organization to last time rain contingency plans. Brenda always answered questions in a very timely manner and did everything to insure our wedding was everything we've ever dreamed of! The food was absolutely delicious and many guests pulled us aside to compliment the food. My 9 bridesmaids and I stayed the night at The Maridor and everything was perfect! We were provided linens, bath towels, a complimentary breakfast in the morning with coffee, fruits, pastries, and yogurt. Everything was spectacular! We loved everything about our experience and we would HIGHLY recommend The Maridor!

Sent on 06/27/2019
    The Maridor 8
    The Maridor 9
    The Maridor 10
  • Micah

Micah & Katie Wilshire · Married on 04/13/2019

Incredible

I found the Maridor when my original wedding venue had to cancel due to a massive flood- the week before Christmas!! I panicked that I had to scramble to find somewhere else to have our wedding, and felt like giving up & eloping. Then I found the Maridor, and everything was saved. First of all, the home is EQUISITE- it’s beautifully-maintained, and the grounds are simply gorgeous. Rita and David (the owners), take such amazing care of the home and the people who choose to have their wedding there. Brenda & Jen, the wedding coordinators, are true professionals who cater to every need and dream of the bride and groom. Brenda spent months helping me re-work my wedding dream, and made it all a reality for us on our big day (April 13th!). Ashley, the incredible chef, created delicious dishes that the guests are STILL talking about. Melissa and the other staff set up the garden for our ceremony, and the ballroom for our reception. They took my table seating plans and worked it all out EXACTLY how we wanted. The bartender was also FABULOUS- he was quite a hit with the guests!
    When I look back on our wedding day, I have nothing but incredible memories and things to say about The Maridor and it’s WONDERFUL crew. Brides, this place is a dream come true. Don’t think twice about booking your special day here!!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 03/30/2019

The best experience!

We can't believe how flawlessly the wedding of our dreams came together thanks to our coordinator, Brenda, and the rest of the Maridor staff! From the beginning Brenda was so helpful in planning every tiny detail and making sure we had everything we could ever want. They allowed us to make our very own menu and it came together so perfectly, they were even able to make a few things gluten free for our guests and we got SO many compliments on the food! Brenda took so much stress away from our day because she truly ran the show, from making sure tables and chairs were set up how we wanted, sending everyone down the aisle at the right time, corralling guests to where they needed to be, and even bringing some of the cocktail hour appetizers out for my husband and I to snack on while we were taking pictures! We can't recommend this venue enough, not just because of Brenda and the rest of the staff, but it's also such a beautiful property that made our day so special!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful Venue

I could not have had a better experience with the Maridor. It was the perfect venue for my husdand and I. We loved having the ceremony out maids in the backyard area. The tree was perfect! The inside layout of the house really helped guest feel comfortable and able to flow and move around. Brenda was perfect in helping facilitate the wedding. I would highly any couple getting married in Roanoke to tour the Maridor.

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • F

Francine · Married on 04/28/2018

The Maridor was a great choice for our small-ish (80 guest) reception at the end of April! The old house has so much charm and the new owners that took over last summer (in 2017) have made some nice improvements. We held our wedding ceremony at church, but were still able to take advantage of the beautiful yard/ceremony space by holding our cocktail hour outside. The real gem of The Maridor though is the people! Rita and Brenda were so easy to work with! They were helpful with suggestions on décor and table arrangements, prompt in responses to emails, and VERY flexible with some last minute schedule changes for us to drop off/set up items the day before the reception. On the wedding day, the food was great, the venue was polished, and reception could not have gone more smoothly. The Maridor staff helped to make our wedding reception so special and memorable! Thank you!

Sent on 06/02/2018
    The Maridor 11
    The Maridor 12
    The Maridor 13
    The Maridor 14

jenny · Married on 05/04/2017

I was in the wedding party at this location recently and was impressed with the friendliness of ALL of the staff, the attentiveness of the host/coordinator(i think) and the space was just the right size for the reception and a little dancing :)

Sent on 09/13/2017

Andrea · Married on 12/11/2016

I had my ceremony and reception at the Maridor for my December wedding. I can't imagine having it anywhere else, it was absolutely perfect for everything. Brette and Henry are the husband and wife team that run the venue as well as the catering. It was really nice to have venue and catering in one vendor! The house is beautifully decorated for the holidays, the food was out of this world and the service that they provide was beyond what I imagined I could have on my wedding day. On the day of they provide an extra person to oversee everything and Carly did a wonderful job. She was able to answer any question, tackle any problem and made the entire evening go smoothly! The Maridor made my wedding the one I dreamed of. They were easy to work with, understanding, hospitable, affordable and perfect all around. They provided a beautiful, warm, cozy, fun place to celebrate!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Susan · Married on 06/06/2016

A breathtaking, yet comfortable setting, with wonderful staffing and the most delicious food. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants their event to be special, and stress free.

Sent on 06/11/2016

Brette, Henry and Jenna are fabulous to work with on any event. They absolutely know their food, wine, service and business. Book early, take their advice, use vendors on their recommended list. Study their menu options first; then if you wish to have them prepare a favorite recipe of yours - give them time to make it first. They did a wedding luncheon for us in our home following our small service with children and grandchildren present in December. Then they did a Sunday brunch reception for us in June for a 6th month anniversary celebration with friends in the Roanoke area and NC. Both occasions went off without any glitches. We could not have been more pleased. As a bride, I wish to note that it was very nice they to be able to deliver items to the Maridor early Saturday before family arrived and then not to have to carry away things on Sunday when we were all dressed up - we went back Monday afternoon. Every wish we had, they were able to accommodate. Our wedding date was December 5, 2015 and large brunch reception was June 5, 2016.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Amazing venue and owners!! We wanted an elegant, intimate reception and we were delighted to find this venue. Brett and Henry were wonderful to work with, accommodated several challenging food allergies, and gave us a beautiful, seamless evening. Everything about our evening was perfectly timed and executed. We can't say enough good things about The Maridor!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Kim · Married on 10/25/2014

I cannot write enough good things about The Maridor. The venue is unbelievably gorgeous and the food and service were above anything we could imagine. Our friends and family are all well traveled and came great distances for this wedding. They still can't stop talking about how great the whole experience was!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Sheri · Married on 05/11/2013

Everything about the Maridor was FANTASTIC! I cannot say enough about how great they were to work with, how seamlessly they made the wedding run, and how delicious the food was! A year and a half later I still have guest telling me they'll never forget how good the mashed potato bar was!! The venue is beautiful!! Perfect for pictures. Again, I cannot say enough about how great it was!!! They even made the rain stop for my ceremony! :)

Sent on 02/24/2015

Kristen · Married on 09/27/2008

The Maridor Bed and Breakfast is a wonderful venue. Henry and Brett have the wedding/reception process down to a "T". I did not have to worry about anything. My guests could not stop talking about how wonderful the food was that evening. You can have an indoor or outdoor wedding and have the use of the whole house. It is reasonable too! I can't say enough about the owners. We are already thinking of having another party there!

Sent on 11/17/2008

Sue · Married on 10/21/2017

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

Unfortunately, new owners purchased The Maridor after my finace' and I had booked the venue for both our rehearsal and wedding reception. We were made to feel like unwelcome house guests the entire weekend. There was a complete lack of graciousness on the part of the owners, who seemed to resent us being there at all. However, they were all too happy to partake of our beverages in their jean shorts and t-shirts, while watching our rehearsal.
    We originally booked the Maridor due to the feeling of warmth and hospitality we felt just walking in the home and wanted that same atmosphere for our small, intimate wedding. Unfortunately, this grand old home has been taken over by people out of their depth.
    The food was outstanding, fortunately. As was our wedding director. Everything else about the entire weekend was difficult. There was no accommodation made at all.
    It truly saddens me that my wedding day memories are tarnished by the ungracious and oppositional attitudes and behaviors of the current owners.
    I truly hope no other bride has to experience what we did.

Sent on 01/04/2018