The Manor House at Kings Charter Reviews

The Manor House at Kings Charter 6
The Manor House at Kings Charter 7

Katrina Prosise · Getting married on 07/05/2020

May 2019 Wedding

Great Experience!! We loved the Manor House and so glad we choose it as our wedding venue. We loved the option of having the ceremony outside/inside. As it was a beautiful day (albeit it hot), I was able to have the ceremony at the gazebo for our 80 guests. The grounds are beautiful and the house is historic with lots of character and gorgeous! My husband and I first met with Mary Jane and she was so sweet and answered all our questions. We then met with Jenefer and she also very sweet to work with and we hired her as our day coordinator. They are flexible with you coming in for visits and working out all the details and ensuring the bride does absolutely NOTHING on her wedding day! I highly recommend this venue for wedding/anniversary/birthdays or anything!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 06/08/2019

Mary Jane is awesome!

Mary Jane was an awesome month of/day of coordinator. She was very responsive and listened to all of my wants. She was very available the day of our wedding, and was sure to make our day perfect.

Sent on 06/19/2019
    The Manor House at Kings Charter 8

Michael Newberger · Married on 02/02/2019

Great experience!

Mary Jane was great! She helped us put on a beautiful reception! She was responsive and helpful throughout the process and helped us connect with other great vendors. We highly recommend her and The Manor House.

Sent on 03/05/2019

Becca Moon · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful Wedding Reception!

We held our reception at the Manor House at Kings Charter and we couldn’t have been happier with our decision. The space is absolutely beautiful, has multiple large rooms, and the gardens are gorgeous. Even at night the Manor House has beautiful lights strung up outside – it was a really beautiful place for our wedding reception!

The reception was beautiful, but we were particularly happy with how accommodating the venue was. We worked closely with Mary Jane, who is super friendly, accommodating, organized, and knowledgeable. She met with us on multiple occasions to let us see the venue, plan decorations and map the evening. We were so pleased with Mary Jane that we ended up requesting her to be our reception coordinator. We were so glad we did – she talked with me extensively about what I wanted, and then she took care of everything for the reception. The reception went really smoothly because of her help. She thought of everything!

Overall, the Manor House at Kings Charter was an absolutely wonderful place for our wedding!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Damian Edwards · Married on 11/04/2018

Fully Reccomend!

Jenefer and Mary Jane are both a big help when it comes to getting everything sorted out and planned. My fiancée and I have not gotten married yet (we are 4 days away, getting married in November 4th) but we have already dropped of most of our decorations and alcohol in advance so that there is one less thing to worry about. They also have decorations at the Manor House that you can use, free of charge, which is a plus. I’m very excited to be getting married here!!!
    #MelWedsEd

(We will update the review again after the wedding!)

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/28/2018

For my husband and I, this venue was love at first sight!

The Manor House at King's Charter was the perfect venue for our intimate, 75 person wedding. It was beautiful even before we added any of our own decor, and offered plenty of space and options on where and how we wanted our ceremony and reception to be laid out. We had a lovely ceremony by the gazebo, reception in the ballroom, and beautiful pictures in the courtyard. Everyone in attendance complimented how pretty and awesome the location was. Mary Jane and Jenefer were both amazing to work with, and Jenefer's day-of-coordination services were an absolute godsend. Definitely do yourself a favor and hire one of these ladies to help you on your big day, you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Courtney · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful, unique venue. Amazing coordinator!

We had our wedding at the Manor House on Saturday October 20th and it was absolutely perfect! It's such a gorgeous and unique venue! We had our ceremony under the gazebo, dinner outside in the lawn under the stars and bistro lights! And ended the evening with dancing and donuts inside! Mary Jane was so wonderful and worked so incredibly hard to make sure our day ran smoothly and my vision came to life! She is so sweet and helpful and every question or worry I had she was very quick to answer. I honestly do not think I would have had such an amazing wedding if it wasn't for her. So do yourself a favor and go tour this venue and see what I mean for yourself! You will be so glad you did!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    The Manor House at Kings Charter 9
    The Manor House at Kings Charter 10

May-May · Married on 10/06/2018

We were married at The Manor House this past weekend, October 6th, and could not have been happier! From the very first meeting at a wedding expo, Mary Jane was welcoming and informative. She provides recommendations for DJ's, caterers, photographers, florists, transportation and much more. The Manor House is absolutely beautiful - the outside grounds are well kept with several options for a ceremony, happy hour & dinner. We also loved that the main ballroom inside could accommodate our party of 140 people in the event of rain. We highly recommend hiring Mary Jane as your day of coordinator - she set all of our decorations up the morning of and has a great eye for detail. She made sure our evening ran on time and worked with our vendors to ensure everything went off without any problems - not to mention she was so accommodating every time we wanted to visit the property leading up to our wedding. The venue price was one of the lowest we found which is surprising because this venue is absolutely stunning!

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/23/2018

Pick the Manor House!

The Manor House was the first venue we viewed and knew immediately it was going to be the best one. Not only was the house gorgeous and so versatile (we literally used every single room and all of outside) Mary Jane was SUCH a fantastic coordinator. She answered every single email promptly (probably over 100) and was so sweet to us the entire time. I thought I'd have a lot to worry about the day of but she took care of everything before I even had to ask. It felt like she became so invested in our wedding and wanted it to be a success, she became more of a friend than someone who worked there. I would recommend this venue (and Mary Jane) to anyone considering getting married, they helped so much and made it such a stress free day which is so important! Not to mention their recommended vendors are amazing and we chose almost all of them!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Phebe · Married on 09/15/2018

We highly recommend The Manor House at Kings Charter!! It is a beautiful and intimate venue!! Mary Jane was our wedding coordinator there and she has phenomenal customer service. We can’t express our gratitude enough to her for all she did to make our wedding and reception perfect at The Manor House!! She worked with us to accommodate everything we wanted and needed and pulled it off in the middle of Hurricane Florence. She made awesome suggestions for our minister, photographer, caterer, DJ and videophotograher. We used all her recommendations. The venue was perfect for our ceremony, dinner , bar and dancing. We were to be married in the beautiful gardens under the gazebo outside but the day of our wedding had to move inside because of the hurricane and it was handled seamlessly. We love The Manor House and will use it again for any event we may have. Thank you Mary Jane!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Amy Colleen · Married on 04/28/2018

This was an absolutely wonderful place. They have wonderful staff especially Jenefer! She was so wonderful, helpful and kind. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 05/01/2018

Timika · Married on 12/16/2017

The Manor House is absolutely beautiful! Words cannot express how perfect our December wedding was! We used the space for both the ceremony and reception! The house is historic as well, which makes it fun to learn about. We hired Mary Jane as our day of coordinator and we would suggest you to do the same! She decorated so well and keeps everything so organized! We have no complaints!

Sent on 01/10/2018
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 11/11/2017

Our Dream Come True

From the moment we pulled up to the grounds and sat down with Mary Jane, we knew that's where we belonged. She was able to take our ideas, add to them, and remain true to the dream day we envisioned. It was absolutely stress-free, she took care of every aspect of our day from start to finish. Our ceremony went off without a hitch. Our guests were more than catered to. The venue was picture perfect after a hurricane took down a tree on our chosen ceremony site... and nobody could ever tell! She made plates for my husband(!!) and I before anyone else--we got to sit and eat at our reception! (never without a drink in hand). She coordinated the party we never thought was possible. For that, we cannot give The Manor House enough praise. We were gifted a commemorative sketch of the stunning venue that we will forever cherish! Thank you to the crew, but a very special thank you belongs to Mary Jane for being such an amazing coordinator and a true saint. You have such a gift, thank you for sharing that with all of us. Best wishes to future couples, you're going to love this place! Cheers, The Keffers!

Sent on 10/25/2018
    The Manor House at Kings Charter 11
    The Manor House at Kings Charter 12
    The Manor House at Kings Charter 13
    The Manor House at Kings Charter 14
    The Manor House at Kings Charter 15

KAITLYN · Married on 10/07/2017

The Manor House was the perfect space for our intimate wedding. The grounds were beautiful and the inside of the house was a perfect backdrop. We worked with Mary Jane throughout our planning and the day of our wedding and could not have asked for anything better. She was the "yes lady" - to any and everything we needed. Our wedding was truly magical.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Louise · Married on 05/07/2017

Booking the Manor House for our May 7, 2017 wedding was one of the best choices we made. I literally could not have pulled off a wedding without the help of Andrea, she was a wedding fairy! The staff at the Manor House is so organized and every detail was very well thought out. We paid to have Andrea's coordination service and it was definitely money well spent, she took care of every detail on the day of the wedding and worked with our very large bridal party to make sure everything went off smoothly. The Manor House itself is a beautiful venue, in May there were many flowers in bloom and the gardens looked lush and created a very private atmosphere. We got so many compliments from our guests, not only about how beautiful the venue is, but how amazing and professional Andrea was! We can't say thank you enough!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2017

This venue was perfect for our 80 guest wedding on May 6, 2017. The grounds are so beautiful and very well taken care of so our outside ceremony required no extra decorating. The inside of the house is beautiful and perfect for the reception and rooms for the bridal party to get ready before. Andrea Perkins was our coordinator and she went above and beyond for us before our big day and the day of. She was extremely flexible and responsive to our every question and request. She was always checking in with us to see how the planning was going and setting up appointments so we could meet the caterer, DJ, and photographer at the venue prior to the wedding. I will recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful atmosphere and excellent price for their wedding.

Sent on 05/16/2017

kagan · Married on 04/30/2017

We had so much trouble finding a venue in our budget that fit our outdoor garden party vision. Once we found The Manor House and met Andrea, we knew our search was over. The house and grounds are amazingly beautiful and very flexible in how you use them. Our guests were absolutely wowed. The cherry on top of the beautiful home was our day of coordinator Andrea. She made sure my slightly un conventual vision was realized (and made very helpful suggestions on how to improve it based on her experience) and that the day was positively flawless. Now that my wedding is over, I miss out texts back and forth. I plan to come back and visit The Manor House and Andrea every chance I get! If I could give them more than five stars per category I would.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Tamara · Married on 04/15/2017

I wish I could give another five stars to this venue! My husband and I were in search of a venue that fit our budget, but of course, accommodated our guest list of 150 people. We chose the Manor House and are so glad! The venue is absolutely beautiful, and the flowers provide the best backdrop for a wedding. Mary Jane is super responsive and works with you to ensure that all details are taken care of. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 04/18/2017

We had our reception there after our church wedding. The 2 ladies at The Manor House are both amazing!!
    I had Andrea & I am beyond thankful for her.
    The venue is beautiful I highly recommend it!

Sent on 03/18/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/28/2016

The venue was absolutely gorgeous! My wife and I just got married there on Sunday the 28th and we couldn't have asked for a better day. We had about 100 guests in attendance. We also hired Andrea as our coordinator and I'm glad we did! She was on top of everything and kept the day going smoothly. We didn't have to worry about a thing! The gardens were beautiful and the decorations inside were set up exactly how we wanted them. Everything turned out even better than we had expected! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Melanie · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband and I had a wonderful day at our wedding at the Manor House. We chose to hire Andrea as our "day of coordinator" which was a fabulous decision and definitely worth the extra money. One of the things I initially loved about the Manor House is that it is already so beautiful that there is very little that has to be done as far as décor (because let's be honest, I'm a little lazy). The Manor House has several beautiful outdoor settings for the ceremony (but in case of rain can easily switch it to inside). We were lucky enough to have our ceremony outdoors and fabulous weather. We chose the front lawn because it seemed the shadiest for our guests and we loved having the house in the background, but they also have an awesome gazebo and garden in the back which we used for our first dance. We had the ballroom for the indoor reception which was nice for the summer wedding. Andrea was wonderful. She took the time to meet with us to hammer out the details of the day 60 days out and then about 2 weeks before. She was a pro and thought of a lot of things we would have forgotten about. She took care of getting all of the decorations put out the day of so my husband and I didn't have to worry about anything. During the wedding, she also helped us with getting all of our guests to the right places (into the ceremony chairs, out to the gazebo, back in for the reception). Andrea watched out for my husband and I all night making sure we didn't need anything and never went without a drink. My husband and I truly had the best day and could not be more happy with the Manor House.

The Manor House also had great suggestions for other vendors (caterers, flowers, cake, officiants, etc). Another bonus was that because the Manor House has so many weddings, they have tons of centerpieces, etc. décor in their closet that previous couples donated (mirrors, vases, candle holders, etc).

Sent on 09/16/2016

Heather · Married on 06/11/2016

We were so glad to have chosen the Manor House as our wedding venue. It is a beautiful building with lovely grounds and has many decorative and practical supplies for couples to use, along with a kitchen for use by catering staff. There are plenty of lovely spaces for everyone to get ready.
    Andrea, who served as our day-of coordinator, was very attentive and anticipated many needs before they even came up. She exceeded our expectations in every area. Andrea also helped us to brainstorm ideas when we felt as though we couldn't make one more decision. She was very flexible and made herself available even at short notice for planning needs. Her expertise was invaluable on numerous occasions, and she went to bat for us when coordinating with other vendors. We can't recommend the Manor House or Andrea enough!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Andrea · Married on 05/15/2016

We LOVED our venue! We had perfect weather and were able to take full advantage of the outdoor gardens as well as the indoor space. The bridal suite was large and accommodated my group for hair and makeup without feeling cramped. I highly recommend their day of coordination services as well. Mary Jane was a huge help in decorating and coordinating the event from rehearsal through the end of the reception. Both Andrea and Mary Jane are quick to respond to any questions and we were able to visit multiple times before and after booking to show the venue to family members and meet with other vendors on site.

Sent on 06/01/2016

Christie · Married on 04/23/2016

The Manor House at Kings Charter is the perfect venue for a wedding. My husband and I were more than pleased with everything from beginning to end. Mary Jane and Andrea took us through the process from beginning to end with “white glove” service. They are such a pleasure to work with. Both have great personalities, patience, are fun to work with, very accommodating, they respond to all communications almost immediately, offer suggestions, and bent over backwards to ensure it was the perfect day. I can’t imagine not having them be a part of the planning and holding our hands through this process. The venue itself is charming, spacious, the grounds are picture perfect, and the garden in full bloom is breathtaking. The location was great for our in town and out of town guests. It is convenient to interstates, hotels, restaurants, and shopping. Overall I am a very luck lady to have had the perfect day with the perfect man at the perfect place.

Sent on 05/27/2016