The Mane Event Reviews

46 Reviews for The Mane Event

• Chelsea

Chelsea Vargas · Married on 02/02/2020

Amazing work

I got my makeup and hair done for my wedding on February 2nd, 2020, as well as some of my bridal party. I wish I could look like how I did my wedding day every day. They made me feel so confident and beautiful. They were so informative, willing to accommodate a few last minute changes, and were so kind! I loved how direct the pricing was, and felt it was supoer afforable. I got so many compliments about my hair and makeup, and it lasted all night long. Thank you to The Mane Event for making me feel my best self. I HIGHLY recommend them for any occasion.

Sent on 02/06/2020

Taryn · Married on 11/15/2019

Absolutely incredible

Where to even begin with these amazing ladies?! From the moment I had my engagement shoot, Jessica was extremely responsive, caring, friendly, and professional. She took the time to get to know me, my personality and what was going to make me happy. I had the pleasure of Jess doing my engagement photo shoot, and she made my hair look absolutely gorgeous. I have very straight, flat hair and she gave me curls that could have lasted a lifetime!

I knew just from speaking with Jess once that I would have absolutely nothing to worry about on my wedding day. She is extremely caring, helpful, organized and prompt. She made me feel so comfortable and confident that my day was going to be perfect, and it was more perfect than I could have ever imagined. My bridal party looked absolutely stunning. Each girl had a different hairstyle and they each looked absolutely perfect. I could not get over how beautiful every single girl looked. The girls were RAVING about how much they loved their hair and the compliments they received were endless. I could also not get over how efficient they were. They took their time with each girl to ensure they looked amazing, yet they were so organized and efficient that we were on perfect timing for photos. Not only were they efficient and deviated, they were passionate and put care into every single thing that they did. It is very evident that they love what they do and my gosh are they amazing at it!

If you are looking for an incredibly organized, dedicated, loving, helpful, passionate team look no further than the Mane Event. They made me such a happy bride on my day and I could not be more thankful. Jessica and Cheryl, you are amazing and thank you is just not enough! Five stars do not do these incredible ladies justice!

Sent on 11/16/2019

The Mane Event's reply:

AH! We love our Brides and Definitely Love what we do! Thank you so much Taryn! This is exactly how we want all of our clients to feel!!
    -Jess
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing team and stylists!

Cheryl and her team were both extremely helpful and professional! She helped with everything from planning the morning schedule and deciding a style to making sure everyone looked perfect! As the bride, I loved my hair and received so many compliments. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Romeo · Married on 10/03/2019

The Mane Event

A huge thank you to Cheryl, Nikolette and the rest of the Mane Event team for all that they did the day of our wedding! Both Cheryl and Nikolette worked with me leading up to the big day to make sure my bridesmaids and I looked perfect. They were so easy to work with, I even had them do my hair and makeup for my bridal shower that looked equally as amazing. I highly recommend this team and will truly miss working with them. But you can bet that I will find any excuse to give them a call and have them make me look beautiful again. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 04/13/2019

Can’t recommend enough!

Jess and her team are incredible!! I’ve had my hair and makeup done by Mane Event for other weddings and knew I wouldn’t be able to trust anyone else for my own! My trial was flawless and the day of was even better. I was nervous about using extensions since I’ve never had them before, but Jess blended them so beautifully and I felt like a princess. My airbrush makeup also lasted the entire day and night. Dylann is amazing!! Jess was also super accommodating with some of my scheduling changes a few weeks before the wedding and is super responsive. I would not recommend anyone else but Mane Event for such an important, photographed day. Thank you, ladies!!

Sent on 04/17/2019

The Mane Event's reply:

HEATHER! You're the best! Thank you so much for trusting us on such an important day! I hope we get the chance to work together again! -Jess

Sarah Lipes · Married on 12/15/2018

Classy & Professional Team That Makes Any Look Happen

Cheryl, Jess & Dylann did a great job with my wedding party. They were timely, brought everything that was needed and made every girl look and feel amazing. BONUS our makeup stayed on all night and hair perfectly in place! Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Cassandra Hunt · Married on 10/28/2018

Loved working with them!

The Mane Event is nothing short of amazing. During my trial, Jess and Dylann listened to everything I did and didn’t want and helped me come up with my perfect wedding look. Jess tried to different hair styles on me and Dylann did a great job on my makeup with me telling her basically nothing except “make it natural”. I had some questions in between the trial and wedding and they were always very helpful and quick to respond to emails. On wedding day, we had Jess, Dylann and Cheryl. They stuck to our schedule and got everyone done in a timely fashion and everyone looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL. We all received so many compliments all night, that I think we lost count! These ladies are extremely talented and a pleasure to work with. Thank you all for making me look like a princess on my big day!

Sent on 11/04/2018

The Mane Event's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Cassie! You all were such a pleasure to work with! I can't stop looking at your photos! Your cascading curls, and cascading bouquet went beautifully with your wedding dress!
  • melissa

melissa · Married on 10/06/2018

I highly recommend the beautiful ladies of The Mane Event. Two and a half years ago my older sister used The Mane Event for her wedding. I've always been told my other hairstylist that my hair was too thin to do any of the updos that I really wanted. Well, Cheryl proved all of them wrong! It was the first time that my hair was done exactly the way I wanted it and it actually stayed up the entire night! (I danced pretty hard that night, too.)

I had to hire The Mane Event for my wedding because they did an outstanding job for my sister's wedding. For my wedding, I worked closely with Jessica. She was amazing and was in constant communication with me. She answered any questions I had and was extremely reassuring. Jessica was the perfect person to work with me on the morning of my wedding. Jessica did an amazing job on my hair. I was nervous about my veil and whether it would fall out if I had someone other than Jessica do it. Because Jessica had worked with our photographer before (Joe Steel from Anthony Ziccardi) she said she would wait around until Joe was done taking pictures without the veil and would help put my veil on. I am so incredibly grateful that Jessica waited and helped me. This to me proved that she, along with the other wonderful ladies from The Mane Event really do care about their clients and want to make their day special.

Dylann did my make up, and quite frankly she is a rockstar! She did exactly what I wanted and more. I explained to Dylann that I'm a crier and honestly my make was perfect the entire day! Through the tears of laughter and love! Dylann is also so calm that while she is working you feel totally relaxed!

The entire team is incredibly professional! They come right on time to your location and are so organized that the bride simply has to sit back and relax while they take care of you and make you look absolutely stunning on your wedding day. They are the calm you need to settle your nerves and the hype you need to get your wedding day morning started right.

I just want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for making my wedding day absolutely amazing. My day started off right because I had the best team working with me!

Sent on 01/25/2019

The Mane Event's reply:

AW Melissa! It warms my heart knowing that you had such a wonderful experience! You are VERY VERY VERY welcome!!! THANK YOU so much for allowing us to be a part of your day!!!

Steph · Married on 09/08/2018

Everyone looked amazing!!!!

I was so happy to have chosen The Mane Event for our wedding day!! Everyone in the bridal party looked stunning! Thank you to Jess and Cheryl!!

Sent on 11/04/2018

The Mane Event's reply:

Thank you so much for inviting us in to your beautiful home Stephanie! It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day!

Haleigh · Married on 06/16/2018

I could not be happier with job that Cheryl, Jessica, Dylann and Amanda did with hair and makeup for my wedding! First, Cheryl was wonderful to communicate with from the first time I reached out. She made their process and prices so clear and happily answered all my questions. For my trial, Cheryl did my hair and Dylann did my makeup; I showed a few pictures and they nailed them, asking me questions about my preferences along the way. Because the trial was perfect, I went into the wedding day with total confidence and they surpassed my expectations! To start, they were at the venue even before we had arrived. I had six girls and one mom getting hair done in addition to me, and three girls and two moms getting makeup done, and Cheryl created the schedule for the day and stayed on top of it so none of us had to think about a thing! Everyone was THRILLED with their results based on photos they provided. I can't keep track of how many compliments I got, particularly on my makeup. The Mane Event does wonderful hair and makeup, but they are also so pleasant to coordinate with and a pleasure to be around! Thank you, Cheryl, Jessica, Dylann and Amanda!

Sent on 07/07/2018

The Mane Event's reply:

Thank you so much Haleigh! Loved working with you all as well!!

Caitlin · Married on 05/26/2018

I have nothing but amazing things to say about The Mane Event! To start, Jessica and Dylann were so great during my trial. Jessica tried three different hair styles based on photos I brought in, took tons of pictures, and clearly described how we would do each style on my wedding day with my veil (which I didn’t have yet). She also gave her honest opinion on which styles would work for me, based on my hair type and the wind factor at our venue. For my makeup, I don’t normally wear a lot and wanted a ‘natural’ look, and Dylann made me look SO beautiful even without a lot of direction from me.

On my wedding day, we had Jessica and Cheryl doing hair and Dylann doing makeup for me and my bridesmaids. They were so easygoing and chatty, it felt like we had friends there doing our hair and makeup! Everyone who got their hair done looked simply amazing - both Jessica and Cheryl created the exact hairstyles that each bridesmaid wanted, and everyone was gushing over their hair all day long. For makeup, it was just me, my maid of honor, and my mom, and Dylann did a fantastic job - we all kind of wanted that natural look and she made us look effortlessly stunning. All of our hair and makeup stayed in tact the ENTIRE night, which is insane because we definitely sweat and cried a lot. I DEFINITELY recommend The Mane Event for your hair and makeup needs!

Sent on 07/01/2018

The Mane Event's reply:

AWWW Caitlin! Thank you SO much! It was an honor to be a part of your day! You and your friends and family were the best! Hope our paths cross again!
    P.S. Please send me those photos!!

Krista · Married on 05/25/2018

The Mane Event did an amazing job with my hair and makeup for my wedding. They were extremely nice and professional. I showed them a picture of what I wanted and they made it into a reality. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Shelley · Married on 04/28/2018

Wedding Last Year

I would highly recommend the Mane Event! I got married last year and used them for hair and makeup. They were outstanding! So flexible and responsive to all of my questions. And their work was incredible! I am so grateful to have found them. Thank you!!

Sent on 02/14/2020

Jacqueline · Married on 03/10/2018

The Mane Event was recommended to me by Anthony Ziccardi Studios and I knew that I could trust them to point me in the right direction. After talking with the team at The Mane Event and seeing samples of their work online, I knew that they would be the right team for my wedding day. After going for my Sneak Peak trial I was absolutely amazed by the work that they did. Jessica did my hair exactly how I envisioned it and Dylan did my makeup beautifully. I knew that they would be able to make me and my bridal party look like queens on my special day! I also had them for my boudoir photoshoot and they nailed the look I was going for again, but it was completely different from my bridal look!! The day of my wedding they made sure to tend to each of my bridesmaids, mom, mother in law, and my needs! They kept us calm and comfortable the entire time while giving us all the wedding looks we were going for. I was more than impressed and happy with The Mane Event and I would definitely use them again! -Jacqueline Revoir

Sent on 04/04/2018

The Mane Event's reply:

AW Jacqueline your amazing! Thank you so much for your raving review! It is exactly how we want every bride to feel! It was a pleasure hanging out with you and your friends and family and thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!

Holly · Married on 12/29/2017

I was recommended to The Mane Event from Anthony Ziccardi Studios, and after looking at some of their photos, I was sure they were an excellent fit for my wedding. I worked with Dylan and Jess for my boudoir photo shoot, and I loved every single style they did. Jess was extremely patient with all the e-mails I sent her as well as at my hair trial. I had not decided on a hair style so she helped me try out 4 different styles at my trial. Then, she sent me pictures of each one. Jess was very organize and prepared for the day of the wedding. I had a large party of 14 to get ready. Jess and her team came with 5 ladies in total to help us get done. Since she is familiar with Anthony Ziccardi, she was well aware of his timeline. We were on schedule the entire time and ready for my photographer with 45 minutes to spare. All the ladies were extremely friendly and kept all of my friends and family laughing throughout the morning making it fun and stress-free. Every single girl in my bridal party and my family that got taken care of by The Mane Event was extremely pleased with their hair and make-up. I got several compliments from people about our hair and make-up just from the pictures alone. I have a couple of people who have already written their info down for when they get married. I cannot say enough great things about The Mane Event and highly recommend them to anyone! Thanks you!!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Molly · Married on 12/16/2017

The Mane Event is amazing! I used them to do hair for my wedding and I highly recommend them! They were a pleasure to work with through both the planning process and the actual day of the event. They kept in contact with me throughout the year and made sure that they had a schedule planned for my wedding day. They kept to that schedule and my entire bridal party was ready on time and everyone was extremely happy with how their hair came out. Everyone's hair looked fabulous and held up through the entire day. They are so professional and make sure you love your look! I am so happy that I used them for my wedding!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Ralph and Britt · Married on 08/26/2017

I can't say enough positive things about The Mane Event. They were recommended and I am SO happy we took the recommendation. I knew that what I wanted on my wedding day was going to be so specific and I was going to be annoying about having my make up to my exact liking. As soon as I finished my trial with Dylan and Jessica I felt incredibly relieved that I would feel beautiful on my wedding day.

In preparation for the big day, Jessica was so detailed and organized when it came to getting TEN of us ready on time! She asked for specifics regarding what all of my girls and the moms wanted and created a beautifully organized schedule. I really appreciated this as it was one less thing I had to worry about!

On the day of, they did an incredible job with all of our hair and make up! Everyone loved the way they looked and it was fun hanging out with them as well! Getting ready for your wedding day, as a bride, can be a stressful thing. Having fun loving people doing your hair and make up and listening to your annoying request is HUGE. I highly, highly recommend The Mane Event!

Sent on 04/12/2018

The Mane Event's reply:

LOL Brittany! Your the Best! Thank you SO much for the review! We really did have a fun morning with you all!!!! Please stay in touch!!
    Best Wishes - Jess
  • JMA

Jessica · Married on 08/05/2017

Loved the Mane Event! They did a great job the day of my wedding and were a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Claire · Married on 06/30/2017

I booked my wedding with the mane event after hearing a glowing review from my photographer, Anthony Ziccardi Stufios. They, with out question, certainly lived up to their review! Jess and Dylan were amazing at my hair and makeup trail. They were professional, knowledgeable, and super talented. When it came time for the big day Jess, Dylan and the rest of the mane event team were prompt and extremely organized. They created individualized looks for myself and my bridesmaids that all looked stunning! My airbrush makeup even survived 90+ degree weather for my ceremony and photos, as well as a full night of dancing! I couldn't be happier with the mane event! You guys were absolutely amazing!!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Julie · Married on 04/15/2017

I used The Mane Event for a special event at the Met for myself and my niece. It took my special event to the next level. Jessica understood just Walsh at I wanted and made it even better than I could imagine. I highly recommend.

Sent on 04/06/2018

Denise · Married on 12/30/2016

Jess and her team were amazing. Our hair and makeup was perfect. I was so happy I was lucky enough to book her for my wedding.

Sent on 01/29/2017

Silvia · Married on 11/05/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Jess and her team. During the planning process she was always organized and answered my million emails to work around my crazy schedule for my sneak peak. My sneak peak trial went amazingly. She tried 2 different styles on me and I loved both. It was actually really hard to pick which one to go with. She always answered emails promptly and kept a great time schedule for the day of. Every single girl that had their hair done by The Mane Event on my wedding day looked flawless. I was absolutely obsessed with my hair and couldn't have imagined it anymore perfect. Jess always had a genuine smile on her face and was an absolute joy to work with. I recommend The Mane Event to any future bride. You will not be disappointment. Thank you so much, Jess!!!! ??

Sent on 11/17/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/25/2016

The Mane Event did a fabulous job with my wedding, my sister-in-law's and my best friends all just 4 month apart! Jess and Cheryl are extremely talented and have an amazing team working with them. Every person looked their absolute best on my wedding day. They bring as many people as they need to finish your party in a timely fashion and keep to a very tight schedule which is much appreciate by the bride and the photographers! They are very easy-going and are always willing to go above and beyond to make sure not only the bride but everyone involved is 100% satisfied with their look. I couldn't have been happier with my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I looked myself, natural but absolutely flawless! They come to you to do the trial where they will do several looks to make sure you are happy and ready for your wedding day. They are very timely and bring such a positive attitude which is key in the beginning hours of your wedding day. I recommend them to every one I know getting married in the NJ area!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Krista · Married on 08/11/2016

I had a huge bridal party of 9 girls plus myself and my mom. Jess and Dylan were so easy to work with and I loved everything from my trial on. They made a schedule that worked for our entire bridal party and we all looked flawless with hair and makeup that lasted all day, on an extremely hot day. I would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 09/05/2016

kristen · Married on 08/07/2016

Working with Jess, Cheryl, Dylann and Kristen was absolutely incredible from start to finish! I met the team when I was a bridesmaid for my sister's wedding and could not wait to hire them for my wedding!! Jess is phenomenal with organization, planning, communication and preparation for the big day. My trial was so much fun and I couldn't wait for the wedding day to arrive. Jess developed a detailed timeline which they followed flawlessly. She provided her professional feedback to create the exact vision I was hoping for on my wedding day. I've never felt more beautiful and pampered than on my wedding day and The Mane Event squad is to thank!! If you truly want a magical, flawless, wedding morning experience... then look no further, The Man's Event is everything you're looking for in hair and make-up!!

Sent on 08/09/2016