The Mane Event Reviews

38 Reviews for The Mane Event

38 The Mane Event Reviews

Cassandra Hunt · Married on 10/28/2018

Loved working with them!

The Mane Event is nothing short of amazing. During my trial, Jess and Dylann listened to everything I did and didn’t want and helped me come up with my perfect wedding look. Jess tried to different hair styles on me and Dylann did a great job on my makeup with me telling her basically nothing except “make it natural”. I had some questions in between the trial and wedding and they were always very helpful and quick to respond to emails. On wedding day, we had Jess, Dylann and Cheryl. They stuck to our schedule and got everyone done in a timely fashion and everyone looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL. We all received so many compliments all night, that I think we lost count! These ladies are extremely talented and a pleasure to work with. Thank you all for making me look like a princess on my big day!

Sent on 11/05/2018

The Mane Event's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Cassie! You all were such a pleasure to work with! I can't stop looking at your photos! Your cascading curls, and cascading bouquet went beautifully with your wedding dress!

Steph · Married on 09/08/2018

Everyone looked amazing!!!!

I was so happy to have chosen The Mane Event for our wedding day!! Everyone in the bridal party looked stunning! Thank you to Jess and Cheryl!!

Sent on 11/05/2018

The Mane Event's reply:

Thank you so much for inviting us in to your beautiful home Stephanie! It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day!

Haleigh · Married on 06/16/2018

I could not be happier with job that Cheryl, Jessica, Dylann and Amanda did with hair and makeup for my wedding! First, Cheryl was wonderful to communicate with from the first time I reached out. She made their process and prices so clear and happily answered all my questions. For my trial, Cheryl did my hair and Dylann did my makeup; I showed a few pictures and they nailed them, asking me questions about my preferences along the way. Because the trial was perfect, I went into the wedding day with total confidence and they surpassed my expectations! To start, they were at the venue even before we had arrived. I had six girls and one mom getting hair done in addition to me, and three girls and two moms getting makeup done, and Cheryl created the schedule for the day and stayed on top of it so none of us had to think about a thing! Everyone was THRILLED with their results based on photos they provided. I can't keep track of how many compliments I got, particularly on my makeup. The Mane Event does wonderful hair and makeup, but they are also so pleasant to coordinate with and a pleasure to be around! Thank you, Cheryl, Jessica, Dylann and Amanda!

Sent on 07/07/2018
    The Mane Event 1
    The Mane Event 2
    The Mane Event 3

The Mane Event's reply:

Thank you so much Haleigh! Loved working with you all as well!!

Caitlin · Married on 05/26/2018

I have nothing but amazing things to say about The Mane Event! To start, Jessica and Dylann were so great during my trial. Jessica tried three different hair styles based on photos I brought in, took tons of pictures, and clearly described how we would do each style on my wedding day with my veil (which I didn’t have yet). She also gave her honest opinion on which styles would work for me, based on my hair type and the wind factor at our venue. For my makeup, I don’t normally wear a lot and wanted a ‘natural’ look, and Dylann made me look SO beautiful even without a lot of direction from me.

On my wedding day, we had Jessica and Cheryl doing hair and Dylann doing makeup for me and my bridesmaids. They were so easygoing and chatty, it felt like we had friends there doing our hair and makeup! Everyone who got their hair done looked simply amazing - both Jessica and Cheryl created the exact hairstyles that each bridesmaid wanted, and everyone was gushing over their hair all day long. For makeup, it was just me, my maid of honor, and my mom, and Dylann did a fantastic job - we all kind of wanted that natural look and she made us look effortlessly stunning. All of our hair and makeup stayed in tact the ENTIRE night, which is insane because we definitely sweat and cried a lot. I DEFINITELY recommend The Mane Event for your hair and makeup needs!

Sent on 07/01/2018
    The Mane Event 4
    The Mane Event 5
    The Mane Event 6
    The Mane Event 7

The Mane Event's reply:

AWWW Caitlin! Thank you SO much! It was an honor to be a part of your day! You and your friends and family were the best! Hope our paths cross again! P.S. Please send me those photos!!

Krista · Married on 05/25/2018

The Mane Event did an amazing job with my hair and makeup for my wedding. They were extremely nice and professional. I showed them a picture of what I wanted and they made it into a reality. I highly recommend them!

Jacqueline · Married on 03/10/2018

The Mane Event was recommended to me by Anthony Ziccardi Studios and I knew that I could trust them to point me in the right direction. After talking with the team at The Mane Event and seeing samples of their work online, I knew that they would be the right team for my wedding day. After going for my Sneak Peak trial I was absolutely amazed by the work that they did. Jessica did my hair exactly how I envisioned it and Dylan did my makeup beautifully. I knew that they would be able to make me and my bridal party look like queens on my special day! I also had them for my boudoir photoshoot and they nailed the look I was going for again, but it was completely different from my bridal look!! The day of my wedding they made sure to tend to each of my bridesmaids, mom, mother in law, and my needs! They kept us calm and comfortable the entire time while giving us all the wedding looks we were going for. I was more than impressed and happy with The Mane Event and I would definitely use them again! -Jacqueline Revoir

Sent on 04/04/2018

The Mane Event's reply:

AW Jacqueline your amazing! Thank you so much for your raving review! It is exactly how we want every bride to feel! It was a pleasure hanging out with you and your friends and family and thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!

Holly · Married on 12/29/2017

I was recommended to The Mane Event from Anthony Ziccardi Studios, and after looking at some of their photos, I was sure they were an excellent fit for my wedding. I worked with Dylan and Jess for my boudoir photo shoot, and I loved every single style they did. Jess was extremely patient with all the e-mails I sent her as well as at my hair trial. I had not decided on a hair style so she helped me try out 4 different styles at my trial. Then, she sent me pictures of each one. Jess was very organize and prepared for the day of the wedding. I had a large party of 14 to get ready. Jess and her team came with 5 ladies in total to help us get done. Since she is familiar with Anthony Ziccardi, she was well aware of his timeline. We were on schedule the entire time and ready for my photographer with 45 minutes to spare. All the ladies were extremely friendly and kept all of my friends and family laughing throughout the morning making it fun and stress-free. Every single girl in my bridal party and my family that got taken care of by The Mane Event was extremely pleased with their hair and make-up. I got several compliments from people about our hair and make-up just from the pictures alone. I have a couple of people who have already written their info down for when they get married. I cannot say enough great things about The Mane Event and highly recommend them to anyone! Thanks you!!

Molly · Married on 12/16/2017

The Mane Event is amazing! I used them to do hair for my wedding and I highly recommend them! They were a pleasure to work with through both the planning process and the actual day of the event. They kept in contact with me throughout the year and made sure that they had a schedule planned for my wedding day. They kept to that schedule and my entire bridal party was ready on time and everyone was extremely happy with how their hair came out. Everyone's hair looked fabulous and held up through the entire day. They are so professional and make sure you love your look! I am so happy that I used them for my wedding!

Ralph and Britt · Married on 08/26/2017

I can't say enough positive things about The Mane Event. They were recommended and I am SO happy we took the recommendation. I knew that what I wanted on my wedding day was going to be so specific and I was going to be annoying about having my make up to my exact liking. As soon as I finished my trial with Dylan and Jessica I felt incredibly relieved that I would feel beautiful on my wedding day.

In preparation for the big day, Jessica was so detailed and organized when it came to getting TEN of us ready on time! She asked for specifics regarding what all of my girls and the moms wanted and created a beautifully organized schedule. I really appreciated this as it was one less thing I had to worry about!

On the day of, they did an incredible job with all of our hair and make up! Everyone loved the way they looked and it was fun hanging out with them as well! Getting ready for your wedding day, as a bride, can be a stressful thing. Having fun loving people doing your hair and make up and listening to your annoying request is HUGE. I highly, highly recommend The Mane Event!

Sent on 04/12/2018

The Mane Event's reply:

LOL Brittany! Your the Best! Thank you SO much for the review! We really did have a fun morning with you all!!!! Please stay in touch!! Best Wishes - Jess
  • JMA

Jessica · Married on 08/05/2017

Loved the Mane Event! They did a great job the day of my wedding and were a pleasure to work with!

Claire · Married on 06/30/2017

I booked my wedding with the mane event after hearing a glowing review from my photographer, Anthony Ziccardi Stufios. They, with out question, certainly lived up to their review! Jess and Dylan were amazing at my hair and makeup trail. They were professional, knowledgeable, and super talented. When it came time for the big day Jess, Dylan and the rest of the mane event team were prompt and extremely organized. They created individualized looks for myself and my bridesmaids that all looked stunning! My airbrush makeup even survived 90+ degree weather for my ceremony and photos, as well as a full night of dancing! I couldn't be happier with the mane event! You guys were absolutely amazing!!

Julie · Married on 04/15/2017

I used The Mane Event for a special event at the Met for myself and my niece. It took my special event to the next level. Jessica understood just Walsh at I wanted and made it even better than I could imagine. I highly recommend.

Denise · Married on 12/30/2016

Jess and her team were amazing. Our hair and makeup was perfect. I was so happy I was lucky enough to book her for my wedding.

Silvia · Married on 11/05/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Jess and her team. During the planning process she was always organized and answered my million emails to work around my crazy schedule for my sneak peak. My sneak peak trial went amazingly. She tried 2 different styles on me and I loved both. It was actually really hard to pick which one to go with. She always answered emails promptly and kept a great time schedule for the day of. Every single girl that had their hair done by The Mane Event on my wedding day looked flawless. I was absolutely obsessed with my hair and couldn't have imagined it anymore perfect. Jess always had a genuine smile on her face and was an absolute joy to work with. I recommend The Mane Event to any future bride. You will not be disappointment. Thank you so much, Jess!!!! ??

Amanda · Married on 09/25/2016

The Mane Event did a fabulous job with my wedding, my sister-in-law's and my best friends all just 4 month apart! Jess and Cheryl are extremely talented and have an amazing team working with them. Every person looked their absolute best on my wedding day. They bring as many people as they need to finish your party in a timely fashion and keep to a very tight schedule which is much appreciate by the bride and the photographers! They are very easy-going and are always willing to go above and beyond to make sure not only the bride but everyone involved is 100% satisfied with their look. I couldn't have been happier with my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I looked myself, natural but absolutely flawless! They come to you to do the trial where they will do several looks to make sure you are happy and ready for your wedding day. They are very timely and bring such a positive attitude which is key in the beginning hours of your wedding day. I recommend them to every one I know getting married in the NJ area!

Krista · Married on 08/11/2016

I had a huge bridal party of 9 girls plus myself and my mom. Jess and Dylan were so easy to work with and I loved everything from my trial on. They made a schedule that worked for our entire bridal party and we all looked flawless with hair and makeup that lasted all day, on an extremely hot day. I would highly recommend them!!

kristen · Married on 08/07/2016

Working with Jess, Cheryl, Dylann and Kristen was absolutely incredible from start to finish! I met the team when I was a bridesmaid for my sister's wedding and could not wait to hire them for my wedding!! Jess is phenomenal with organization, planning, communication and preparation for the big day. My trial was so much fun and I couldn't wait for the wedding day to arrive. Jess developed a detailed timeline which they followed flawlessly. She provided her professional feedback to create the exact vision I was hoping for on my wedding day. I've never felt more beautiful and pampered than on my wedding day and The Mane Event squad is to thank!! If you truly want a magical, flawless, wedding morning experience... then look no further, The Man's Event is everything you're looking for in hair and make-up!!

Danielle · Married on 07/24/2016

The Mane Event was awesome! They had done my hair when I was a bridesmaid in another friends wedding, and exceeded my expectations for my wedding. All of my bridesmaid and myself loved our hair and it didn't fall out at all even though we were in the middle of a heat wave. Super professional and responded very quickly. Highly recommend!

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2016

The Mane Event was recommended to me by my photographer Anthony Ziccardi Studios. I did a little research and their pricing was very reasonable and from what I had seen in photos they did beautiful work. I decided to schedule a trial with Jess for hair and Dylann for my make up. They were easily accessible via e-mail and responded very quickly. When I met them they were both very warm and welcoming. They listened to the ideas I had and then started working their magic! They arrived promptly at the time we had discussed and also provided me a schedule for myself and my bridesmaids so that we stayed on track with time. Sometimes it is hard to satisfy everyone however all of my girls absolutely LOVED their hair and make up. My hair and make up far exceeded my expectations it was perfect and stayed that wall all day/night. I couldn't of been happier. I highly recommend The Mane Event!!!

Amanda · Married on 04/30/2016

I came across the Mane Event at a tasting for our wedding and at the time already had a trial booked but decided to take their card anyway. When the trial I originally had did not go as planned I decided to contact them and so glad I did! Jess and Dylann were so great to work with for hair and makeup ! I worked with Jess for day of logistics and set up and she was so accommodating for any questions/changes, etc. The day of went seamlessly, and their team did such an amazing job on me, my bridal party and our moms! We had compliments all night on how great everyone looked! I would 100% recommend them to anyone for your bridal makeup- so friendly and fun to work with!

Lauren · Married on 04/23/2016

The Mane Event was by far the best decision we made for hair and make-up services for our wedding day this past April. My wife and I primarily worked with Jess and Dylan who are such sweet and wonderful women. I know it sounds cliché, but I truly have never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day: and I attribute that to The Mane Event. Dylan is so incredibly skilled with make-up it amazes me. I do not wear much make up, and she made my face look so natural and not once did my make-up run or ware off all night! Now I have a lot of hair: and I mean A LOT of hair. It is long, thick, and has a mind of its own. Jess managed to curl my hair and braid it into something so beautiful I never would have imagined possible. They were so accommodating from the moment we scheduled a hair trial up until the very moment they finished our hair and make-up. It amazed me to see my family and my wedding party looking so beautiful: it was like seeing them for the first time. I highly recommend using The Mane Event for any and all of your cosmetic needs. They are wonderful women and do wonderful work. They helped make the best day of my life (to date) as perfect as possible and I know if you choose them, they will make your 'Mane Event' a night to remember.

I am a firm believer in the age old statement that “things happen for a reason”. I stumbled upon The Mane Event team sort of by accident…but I can’t even begin to say how happy I was that I did! They were so accommodating, and were able to fit me in sort of at the last moment. From the first time I came in contact with Cheryl I could tell that it wasn’t going to be like all the other companies. I was talking to an actual person who cared about what she does and not someone who was only interested in taking my money and making me feel rushed. Cheryl was so sweet in her first email, and then even nicer on the phone. We laughed and actually had a conversation about not only my wedding but other stuff too which was very important to me so I set a trial date. Instead of writing a “Gone With The Wind” size review let me just say that I was so incredibly happy and so were my girls. I had a very small wedding party, there were only 3 of us, but they really took their time and made sure that we were happy and kept checking in and asking us to look and make comments. The girls hair & make-up came out terrific. I’m usually a ponytail/sweatpants...no make-up kind of girl. A real wash and go no matter what the temperature is outside…so I didn’t want a hairstyle I was going to be playing with all night long. It was perfect from the minute we left the hotel to go to the venue, and when I got to my hotel room over 12 hours later it was still perfect. It stayed and I didn’t have to fuss…and it wasn’t crunchy. It was moveable and the products they used were awesome! I didn’t feel like I had a ton of stuff on my head…and the same with the make-up. I wasn’t uncomfortable and I didn’t look weird. I looked like me and that is exactly what I wanted. We all looked amazing! Thank you so very much for all your help, and I hope that I have an event coming up and I can use you again soon!! You gals ROCK!!! Thanks for everything! Whitney & Craig 10-18-15

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2015

The whole reason why I booked with The Mane Event was because I saw Cheryl's wedding video - I loved the hair, the make up, and of course the video. It's so nice to work with vendors who are all friends and work together. Cheryl and Jess answered all my questions, eased all my worries (especially my fear of lashes which i've never had before - Thanks Dylann for your patience!!), and made our wedding morning run quickly and smoothly without any problems. I had 8 people total receiving hair and/or make up and it took about 4 hours to do (8am-12pm) and we didn't feel rushed at all. It was so nice to sit back and relax and get all dolled up. All of our hair and make up looked AMAZING for pictures and for the night. My hair stayed until the next morning and my make up did too! It was truly a pleasure working with these girls! THANK YOU!!!!!! Nicole & Kevin 10.11.15

Cheryl · Married on 08/07/2015

The Mane Event is amazing! I worked closely with Cheryl and she truly captured my bridal vision! She was attentive and listened to exactly what I wanted and clarified when my mom had a slightly different vision. She made sure everything was perfect and even kept me informed of when she was on vacation in case I had any questions. Kristen also did my makeup and eyelash extension (which lasted for threeish week even while I was on my honeymoon to Hawaii swimming like a fish!) They did my mom, aunt, three bridesmaids and myself and did an amazing job. You will not be disappointed!!!!

I could not be happier that I chose The Mane Event to be a part of our wedding day. Jess, Cheryl and Dylann were all amazing to work with and were so professional. They showed up early, had everything ready to go so seamlessly and exactly stayed to the schedule we had set out. All my bridesmaids, and the MOB and MOG had their hair and makeup done. I have never seen a bridal party where everyone was happy with their hair and makeup looks, but this was the case with The Mane Event! Simply an amazing job. They know how to incorporate suggestions and thoughts from the client, but also know how that look will work with each person's hair type and texture. They also know how to work with clients of all different ages. The compliments just kept coming on how beautiful everyone looked, especially the MOG and MOB! Jess did my bridal hair, and it was everything I ever dreamed of. She did an amazing job incorporating small changes from the trial, and helping to set my veil. My hair stayed in all night long (which never happens, my hair is so thick), and it felt so natural, not gobbed down with product. A special thank you and shout out to Dylann who did my bridal makeup. I had gotten stitches taken out of my chin literally two hours before they came, and Dylann was a miracle worker. When she was finished you couldn't see a thing! and I didn't feel like my whole face was caked with makeup. It looked so natural, and felt so light. I would HIGHLY recommend these amazing ladies to any future bride. Book now! They are worth every penny!