The Makeup Addict Reviews

99 | Raleigh, NC

99 Reviews for The Makeup Addict

Candace Nagaraja · Getting married on 04/11/2022

Amazing beauty vendor!

We hired the Makeup Addict for all of the beauty services for our small family wedding ceremony and the experience was amazing. Ambria made the entire planning process seamless from start to finish and was incredibly responsive to all of my communications as well as to changes in the schedule and to our hair / makeup needs. Her hair and makeup artists were amazingly talented and very professional - I was blown away by how they flawlessly executed all the different looks to make everyone look absolutely amazing (from our sweet flower girls to my more dramatic style). Overall, working with Ambria and the Makeup Addict was an amazing experience and I highly recommend them to any bride!!

Sent on 01/13/2021
  • Laurel

Laurel L Smith · Getting married on 12/18/2021

Amazing!!!

Ambria and her team made me feel so beautiful for our small intimate wedding! I am so particular about my makeup and Ambria did a fantastic job! She listened to what I wanted and how I typically like my makeup personally and made it that much better! I will continue going to her for any events that I may need my makeup done!!!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Kendra Newlon · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Hair and Makeup on point!

Ambria and Stacia KILLED my hair and makeup for my bridesmaids and I. They were both very easy and accommodating to work with (changing schedules last minute it seemed!), were very professional in their work, and were enjoyable to be around all morning when we were getting ready! I would recommend over and over!

Sent on 05/04/2020
  • Sara

Sara Webster · Getting married on 07/09/2021

Amazing experience and flawless hair and makeup!

The ladies from the makeup addict were absolutely amazing. They true professionals who know how to work with diverse skin types. Myself, my bridesmaids and my mother all looked flawless. I would highly recommend them. It was wonderful to feel beautiful and pampered on the big day. The only recommendation I would make is if all your girls have long hair ask for more than 45 minutes per head. We ran about an hour behind but in the grand scheme of things it was well worth the wait!

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Makailea

Makailea Hidalgo · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Fun and responsive

These ladies made the whole experience for me and my girls as non-stressful as possible. They responded quickly and professionally to all my questions even with my crazy schedule!

Sent on 08/23/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica Gianni · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Incredible hair & makeup!

Sofia and Brittiany are so talented in what they do! They listened to what kinda look I was going for and made it even better than I could imagine. I would highly recommend Sofia or Brittiany if you need hair and makeup for your event. They are so easy to work with!

Sent on 01/13/2020

The Makeup Addict's reply:

Thank you Jessica for your great feedback and these gorgeous photos!! You looked amazing! Sofia and Brittiany loved working with you and bringing your hair and makeup vision to life! We appreciate you trusting The Makeup Addict with your wedding day!

Ashlyn D. · Married on 01/05/2021

The Makeup Addict

Listened to what I wanted and did my make-up perfectly for the wedding. My bridesmaids wear less make-up than I normally do and they all looked perfect and felt comfortable! Would 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 06/05/2019

The Makeup Addict's reply:

You were such a gorgeous bride Ashlyn!! Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! We are glad everyone had a great experience!!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 12/27/2020

Amazing!!!!!

The makeup addict did an amazing job!! I can’t recommended them enough! My bridesmaids and I looked so beautiful. Ambria was so understanding of changes happening due to Covid and responded to emails right away.

Sent on 12/31/2020

Kierra Irvin · Married on 12/06/2020

The Best Beauty Team

Ambria and her team are absolutely incredible! If you're looking for hair and make-up you have to book the Makeup Addict. I orginally met Ambria and my hairstyle for my Bridal Portrait session, they traveled to my venue for both the portraits and my wedding day, were timely, professional, and so sweet. My hair and makeup looked incredible and lasted all night.

Sent on 12/22/2020
  • Kierra

Kierra Jolene · Married on 12/06/2020

The Best Beauty Team

Sent on 12/22/2020
  • Kaylynn

Kaylynn Stanley · Married on 11/21/2020

Yes yes yes

They were wonderful!!! Till this day i’m still getting compliments on how beautiful my hair was. My make up was beautifully done and never once smudged even will all the emotional crying (happy tears)... and trust me the combo of my vows and the father daughter dance challenged it!

Sent on 11/30/2020

Mary Donahue · Married on 11/14/2020

They were great!

Our make-up and hair stylist were both great and did a fantastic job. My wedding was a destination wedding so I couldn't do a trial run, but it didn't matter. They nailed it and did exactly what we asked for without ever meeting us. :)

Sent on 12/28/2020
  • Yolanda

Yolanda · Married on 10/18/2020

Absolutely wonderful!!

Ambria is a phenomenal make up artist! She held the highest level of professionalism, polite and a true artist! My face has never been more beautiful for such a special day!

Sent on 10/25/2020
  • Elisabeth M

Elisabeth Mitchell · Married on 10/17/2020

Great experience

Sophia and Karen came to our venue to do our wedding and makeup and did a great job

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • The Hall and Gardens at Landmark

The Hall and Gardens at Landmark · Married on 10/10/2020

Ambria is a true professional! Her work is simply stunning and her personality is warm and puts brides at ease. She is flexible with clients and always listens to what they want. I certainly recommend her to brides here at The Hall and Gardens at Landmark and everywhere!

Sent on 06/09/2018

The Makeup Addict's reply:

Thank you so much! It is always a pleasure! I love working with you all!

Tinsey Grigg · Married on 10/10/2020

Wedding hair and makeup

Makeup artist/owner Ambria was personable and professional. She gave me the look that I wanted and I felt lovely on my day. She was flexible and added a makeup service at the last minute. Kathy, my hair stylist was super bubbly and accommodating. She listened to what I wanted and make those little tweaks to give me perfection! She was able to incorporate my hairpiece easily.

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Morhan

Morhan · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing company!

I had such an awesome experience with the Makeup Addicts for my wedding! They were punctual, professional, friendly, and so incredibly talented! I’m so glad I hired them for my wedding!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Christina Nordman · Married on 09/25/2020

So fun and talented!

Awesome service! Such talent and positive vibes 🥰 highly highly recommend!

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Katy

Katy Cockerham · Married on 09/05/2020

I've Never Felt So Beautiful!

The Makeup Addict is definitely the way to go for your wedding hair and makeup needs. I needed hair and makeup artists in a pinch and they came to the rescue! Stefanie did my hair and it was perfect and exactly what I envisioned it would look like on my wedding day. She is so meticulous and made sure my hair wasn't going to fall from being outside. Monique did my makeup and it was FLAWLESS. She even stayed a little longer to make sure my fake lashes were in place since I was wedding-day teary eyed. I felt like Stefanie and Monique really listened to what I wanted to look like on my wedding day and they delivered! I 100% recommend The Makeup Addict. They're so sweet and easy to work with!

Sent on 09/15/2020
  • Jori

Jori Chambers · Married on 09/01/2020

Absolutely Wonderful Experience

Ambria, Kathy, and Shannan all killed it with my bridal party's hair and makeup. Ambria was so flexible when it came to scheduling my trial, as well as the day of. They totally embraced my vibe and completely got the bohemian look I was going for. They were timely, professional, and made us all feel beautiful.

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 08/14/2020

Great company, great hair/makeup!

Ambria and Stephanie did my hair and makeup prior to wedding and they were fantastic! Listened to what my party wanted (mom and mom-in-law who don't wear much makeup at all) and everyone left SO happy with their look. I felt my makeup was super natural yet enhancing and my hair curls held all night! I also want to highlight how flexible Ambria was since our wedding plans changed multiple times during Covid-19 (originally planned for April 2020 for ~100 people, but didn't happen until August 2020 with only 12 people). Even though our actual wedding ended up being super small, Ambria still agreed to work with me and helped me adjust the plan. She even allowed a couple extra hair and makeup sessions day of! I do not have enough great things to say about this vendor, definitely book now no matter what your wedding looks like!!!

Sent on 08/20/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Rozell · Married on 07/21/2020

10/10 Experience with Ambria

Don't think twice... just go ahead and book! Ambria is a level-headed, professional businesswoman that does a fantastic job with makeup! She's easy to talk to, calm, cool, and TALENTED. She was flexible with us and beyond easy to connect with either via Wedding Wire messages or email. Always responded within a timely manner! I highly suggest doing a trial with her and playing around with all that she can do. WOW!!! My makeup stayed on all night through a hot July wedding, and I still looked 10/10 at the end of the night. She is magic! Book her now!

Sent on 07/27/2020

Megan · Married on 07/10/2020

Corona bride 2020

They were more than accommodating during this crazy time of COVID-19. They were flexible with changing hours, location and adding services as needed. We ended up doing a smaller mini money for this year and next year we can’t wait to do it all over again with a big celebration. Thank you for making this part of my day go smoothly and all my girls looked beautiful including my hair!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly Ryan · Married on 05/16/2020

Can’t say enough good things!

Ambria was fantastic! She made my wedding day amazing! I let my girls choose how they wanted their makeup done, and she nailed everyone! My makeup was flawless and lasted all night with no touch ups needed! You can’t ask for a better vendor!

Sent on 09/13/2020

Erica · Married on 04/11/2020

Stupendous! The best around

I am overjoyed with the application and the experience I received from the company and from Monique. Responded in a timely manner, flexible and understanding. They listen and customized the experience to fit my needs. I have received 3 makeup applications services so far, more to come! I will not look anywhere else. Being a bride I wanted everything prefect and it was. I looked amazing and it was so unreal how perfect every detail of my makeup was. I was honestly flawless! My guests and even onlookers were in awe of stunned over the bridal makeup. I tried other places and it was a complete no-go for my big day. I found their card at my hair salon in Raleigh and was so scared to try as my others have been so disappointing. However I am so glad I did it! My research took over 6 months and different trails before the Make Addict came into my life! I can not tell you enough how picky I am, I am a makeup freak! Everyday I have a full face of makeup on, even if I am at home. I created a document with all of my desires and Monique really followed through. Let me just tell you it was extremely detailed. Monique was the best I could have ever asked for! I am booking her and the company again in November for my brothers wedding. I can not go to a event anymore without their assistance. Please trust me and give them a call or message you will not regret the experience.

Sent on 01/29/2020