The Makery Cake Company Reviews

The Makery Cake Company 5
The Makery Cake Company 6
The Makery Cake Company 7

Gil · Married on 10/15/2016

Got our wedding cake made here and we where not disappointed, they are very professional and basically, all we did was take a photo of a cake we liked, picked our flavors and done, everyone at the party loved the cake and the presentation, very impressed.

Sent on 10/17/2016

The Makery was able to change my order whenever I needed them to, the delivered on time, were able to set up the cupcakes and cake exactly how I wanted them and even made Deadpool peaking out of the cake. My husband and guests were thrilled. Everything tasted fantastic. And we can't wait for our anniversary cake!!

Sent on 10/08/2016
  • User7200893 · 2+ years ago

My cake was outstanding! The white chocolate/red velvet was a huge hit! It was moist and perfect! Free cake tastings at the makery and a free anniversary cake? They really are the best in Denver.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Dana · Married on 08/06/2016

Our entire experience with The Makery was, from start to finish, so perfect and smooth -- they do an amazing job! We started with their free tastings on Sundays, which made our decision that much easier. Their cake is much more moist and flavorful than a lot of other places we tried, which is hard to accomplish in this high altitude. Since we wanted a two-tier cutting cake and then sheet cake for the rest of the guests, not only was our design meeting extremely easy, but the price was very reasonable. Then, we decided to do a groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner, and The Makery did an INCREDIBLE job of creating a Taco Bell cake; our guests were raving and everyone thought it was hilarious (and delicious!!). As an added bonus, we received a free honeymoon cake to take with us after the wedding, and they also provide a free anniversary cake for your one-year. Overall, I would definitely recommend The Makery to anyone for any celebration, they truly know what they're doing!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Sara · Married on 07/30/2016

Book them! Completely reasonable price, responsive, prompt, and DELICIOUS! We got the cupcakes and The Makery delivered them to our mountain wedding. Couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 07/22/2016

When our dessert bar plans fell through 3 weeks before our wedding, The Makery Cake Company got us in for a tasting right away. We went with an 8" "cutting" cake & sheet cake to serve. The cutting cake turned out so beautiful, exactly what I was picturing! And it was absolutely delicious!! We had so many compliments on how good the cake was. Amazing customer service, amazing cake... can't ask for more! Needless to say, I'm SO looking forward to our anniversary cake!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Cici · Married on 06/19/2016

Desiree and her team were great at implementing our ideas for our cake. Our tasting was fun and she listened to what we wanted. The cakes were extremely delicious and our guests wished that we had more!

Cake was 3 tiered: bottom - Tres leches with fruit; top 2 - funfetti

Sent on 07/08/2016

Jayme · Married on 05/14/2016

If you want a beautiful and delicious wedding cake, then you need to go to the Makery!! My cake was absolutely STUNNING. Not only was it beautiful, but it tasted so fantastic! I loved how many included flavors there were in choosing our cake and I love that we didn't feel like we had to spend more money to get a flavor we wanted. Thank you, Makery, for giving us exactly what we wanted!!

Sent on 05/16/2016

The Makery made a delicious, affordable cake for our wedding. They have excellent customer service, too! We got many compliments on our cake - we highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Michaela · Married on 10/10/2015

DEEEEEELISH!!! The cake is awesome- doesn't matter which flavor you choose. The atmosphere in there is small and makes you feel special since they only see one couple at a time. This made things so much easier for us to choose, and not feel rushed or pressured. The staff is great and so enjoyable to work with- they really know their stuff! Can't wait for the big day- they will kill it for us :)

Sent on 07/16/2015

We are so pleased with the quality of service, the delivery, presentation and taste of our cake!

Sent on 11/15/2015
  • Renee

Renee · Married on 09/27/2015

The Makery did a beautiful job on our wedding cake. It turned out just as we imagined and asked for! It was sooooo gorgeous!

All of our guests raved about how good the cake was, we just wished we could have had more than just when my husband and I cut it and fed each other that little bite... You see, while my husband and I were too busy dancing, our guests ate it ALL up before we even had a chance! I suppose you'd consider this a good thing!!! Just not for my husband and I (and we even ordered way more cake vs guest ratio). Luckily, The Makery provides you with a "sweetheart cake" (at no additional cost) to take home after the wedding so you can enjoy it all to yourself! Maybe that's why they provide you with this "sweetheart cake" perhaps wedding guests eating their cake completely up is a recurring incident. Regardless, my husband and I will also be enjoying an "anniversary cake" (also at no additional cost) for our first wedding anniversary. So we can't wait to indulge in that without having to share with everyone else... ha! We might just have to make this an anniversary tradition and purchase a little cake for ourselves every year, it's that good!

I would recommend The Makery to everyone, we tried cake elsewhere and they weren't nearly as good. I also thought The Makery was affordable and added bonus: they gave us a discount since they were a preferred vendor with our venue!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Amazing, delicious and right on time! We were so thrilled by our cake. It was so delicious and perfectly decorated. It was straight out of our imagination, they got it just right. The sweetheart cake was such a fun touch, because we hardly got cake at our wedding, so we were able to eat our own cake at the hotel.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Kacey · Married on 09/19/2015

Desiree and all the staff at The Makery are so great! My wedding cake couldn't have been more beautiful, and the taste is amazing! The cake stays nice and moist, and the frosting is also delicious (I had buttercream). I work in the industry, so I've had my fair share of wedding cake over the years. Many end up dry and crumbly, or just don't taste great. I've had The Makery at many weddings and the consistency in the quality of their cakes is fantastic!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/04/2015

I am so happy we went with The Makery for our wedding cupcakes! First off all, they offer free tastings every week so we were able to sample lots of flavors. Second of all, our cutting topper was perfect. Third of all, the cupcake stand was so visually awesome, it had lights and really added to our venue. Finally,
    They were the best value hands down. The Funfetti cupcakes were such a fun touch.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Brenna · Married on 08/29/2015

My wedding planner, Rami Carter of Pick Me! events recommended Dez and the team at the Makery -- and they did not disappoint! We cannot wait for our anniversary to roll around because the wedding cake went so fast that we only had the bite that we fed to each other (a vanilla chocolate chip cookie dough cake with kahlua mascarpone filling and royal buttercream frosting)!! The Makery also took our vision of a birch bark cake and saved us the cost of using fondant by re-creating the cake with buttercream instead, which came out even more beautiful than I could have imagined. We also did cupcakes and we had four amazing flavors because everything we tried was so delicious that we could not pick just one or two. The value was beyond compare and Dez even had acrylic cupcake towers that she was willing to lend us for the day (in the end, I bought Le Creuset cupcake stands and cake towers that matched our color scheme and ordered a wooden cake stand for the cutting cake from postscripts, an Etsy shop). We also decided to use cupcake wrappers to differentiate the cupcake flavors, and so I bought different colored wrappers and then Dez and her team were sweet enough to put them on the cupcakes themselves! I keep trying to stop myself from going back to the shop just to order another dozen cupcakes . . . . . which just tells you how awesome the Makery and the Makery crew are!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Ashley · Married on 07/11/2015

People cannot stop raving about our cake! The funfetti was a hit and people said the pink champagne was delicious. The cake looked exactly how we imagined. The biggest bonus was having our own sweetheart cake to take to the hotel. We didn't get a very big piece at the reception so it was a perfect late night snack after everything settled down. Thanks and can't wait for our 1 year anniversary cake!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Nicole · Married on 06/19/2015

Desiree was the best person to take care of our dessert for our wedding!
    I found it best to communicate with one person (in our case we were SO lucky it was Des!) to avoid confusion, and she completely understood what we wanted for our dessert bar and was very creative with little flourishes to make the cupcakes, cheesecake and other little desserts extra special!
    Also it was super delicious, the best wedding dessert I've had!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Had so much tasting the cake and working with the design team for our cakes - we had nine little ones on a whole cake island...so much fun with flavor combinations and decorations!!

Sent on 05/06/2016
  • Munashi

Elizabeth · Married on 10/11/2014

Our cake was stunning! We were referred to The Makery by our reception venue (Maggiano's Little Italy) and could not have been more pleased. Our consultant Nicole was so nice, she was great to work with. The owner Dez is also very sweet and more than willing to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted it. We really loved the little "sweatheart cake" that we got to take with us after the reception since we did not have much of a chance to sit down and eat at the reception itself! We're REALLY looking forward to our one-year anniversary so we can have more of their delicious cake. Not only was the cake beautiful, it was TASTY!

Do yourself a favor and at least visit them for a tasting. We were totally sold on their white genoise cake, and we received TONS of compliments from guests about the cake's appearance and flavor - even from self-professed "cake haters"!

Sent on 10/14/2014

The pink champagne cake was amazing!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Ana · Married on 09/27/2014

Cake was excellent my husband can't stop eating it and price was reasonable, staff was very helpful when we met them before our wedding they were very helpful even suggesting other vendor and they have free tasting compared to the other bakery that they were charging us for the tasting, cake was beautiful

Sent on 10/01/2014

Laura · Married on 09/27/2014

The Makery was wonderful to work with. After trying several other bakeries, my husband and I were frustrated. We wanted to have cupcakes at our wedding with a jumbo cupcake for us to cut. Other bakeries charged us for pans, didn't offer regular size cupcakes, or weren't able to make the large cupcake. The Makery was able to do everything we wanted and more. They let us try flavors of cupcakes for free, sat down with us one and one and helped us design our beautiful cake. And the entire facility is nut free, which was so important as we had a guest with a severe nut allergy. They even sent us a personalized thank you card after we signed our contract! Our cake and cupcake turned out beautifully and tasted delicious! I would highly recommend for brides looking for personalized attention and a great tasting cake.

Sent on 10/17/2014

The Makery did an exceptional job with our wedding cake! It was beautiful and exactly what we wanted! We wanted our dogs' footprints on the cake, and they did it perfectly! The cake was also delicious! We received so many compliments from our guests! Many said it was the best wedding cake they have ever tasted! We couldn't agree more! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/30/2014

The Makery was great! Our cake was beautiful and delicious. They offered us better service and a lower price than the other bakeries we tried.

Sent on 09/15/2014