The Makery Cake Company Reviews

The Makery Cake Company 7
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Zetts · Married on 07/14/2019

Naked funfetti cake!

The only complaint I have is that I wish I still had cake to eat, 3 weeks later! It was so good! We did a naked funfetti cake, nothing crazy, nothing over the top and it was absolutely incredible! Everyone is still raving about it! It looked exactly like the picture I showed them, and was even better in person! My parents ended up with the rest of the cake, and my husband and I went home with a "honeymoon cake!" All for us! We finished the whole thing that night! Can't wait for another event to have them bake for us again!

Sent on 08/06/2019
    The Makery Cake Company 8
  • Marney

Marney Ritacco · Married on 06/16/2019

Beautiful/delicious cake!

We only had a cutting cake for our ceremony but it was a mini 3 tiered masterpiece! Delicious pink Champaign flavor and the burgundy color turned out amazing.

Sent on 06/21/2019

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Thank you so much Marney, we are so pleased to hear it!. We absolutely loved doing this cake for you!

Sharon Iuston · Married on 03/30/2019

Perfect cake for perfect day.

The Makery was so helpful. Their tasting was great so we could get a feel for what we wanted. We ended up with a 3 tiered 2 flavor cake. Just so perfect.

Sent on 04/18/2019
    The Makery Cake Company 9
  • Emily

Emily Brundage · Married on 02/23/2019

What an amazing allergy friendly cake for all

Highly recommend them for anyone who is or has guests who have dietary restrictions. They provided is such an amazing cake that was raved about by all of our guests.

Sent on 03/10/2019

Dorothy · Married on 02/18/2019

Excellent service

The Makery did a phenomenal job making our dream wedding cake. Not only was it picture perfect but also delicious!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2018

Our guests told us this was the best cake they have ever had

Sent on 09/12/2018

Christine · Married on 08/04/2018

The Makery provided an excellent service for wedding cake! The process for choosing the right cake was very simple at the shop and we were able to try the flavors we wanted. The cake turned out beautifully and our guests LOVED the cake we provided! They even provided us with a Honeymoon cake! Highly recommend Makery for your next event!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Taylar · Married on 08/04/2018

THE BEST CAKE EVER!!!!!!! As soon as we left the initial tasting appointment, we knew this place was the winner! We received so many compliments about not only how beautiful, but how DELICIOUS our cake was. I already cannot wait for our 1 year anniversary cake just so I can eat more. When choosing our cake design, the gentleman that helped us was incredibly accommodating and ensured that we ordered the right size (not too much or too little) and also offered suggestions to help us keep the cost reasonable. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Sent on 08/22/2018
  • April

April · Married on 06/30/2018

The Makery made our 2 tier wedding cake. Not only was it BEAUTIFUL and matched our decor wonderfully, but it was delicious! My company works a lot with The Makery for desserts so I knew how good they were, but my husband had no idea. Neither did my parents and my friends and they were all in love with the taste of the cake! We wanted a small cake just for the two of us but we decided to share with our parents and friends and they looked it. They are super creative and great at making your idea come to life.

Sent on 07/11/2018
    The Makery Cake Company 10

Hi April,
    Thanks for such an awesome review! At The Makery we love being able to make your wedding day just a little more perfect. Don't forget to order you free anniversary cake next year. Call us about a week before you want it.
    Thanks,
    The Makery
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/23/2018

The Makery created the cake we had envisioned and it was absolutely delicious! Tasting with them was challenging because everything was so good and it was hard to narrow it down, but I think that’s a good challenge to have. We loved getting the honeymoon and anniversary cake included for for us too. Our guests raced about the cakes and cupcakes and we would choose them again and again. We will definitely be using them again for future events!

Sent on 07/12/2018
    The Makery Cake Company 11

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Oh, thank you so much, Sara! It was truly an honor.

Kimberly · Married on 04/15/2018

By far, the BEST cake I have ever eaten! During the consultation, Dez actively listened to my ideas, and her pencil sketch had me in tears!! I am not an artist, but it was like she pulled the image out of my head! Our guests couldn’t stop talking about the cake, how beautiful it was, and how delicious it was! I will be coming here for all my cake needs!!!

Sent on 06/07/2018
    The Makery Cake Company 12

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Hi Kimberly, thank you for this great review! Here at The Makery we love being able to make your wedding day even more special by making you the perfect wedding cake. Don't forget to order your free 1st year anniversary cake with us and please keep us in mind for any other event that needs a cake.

Becca · Married on 04/14/2018

The Makery did an amazing job at our wedding! I received so many compliments on how delicious the cake and cupcakes were, that they were the best wedding cake people had ever ate! The company was very professional, as well as good at communication and verification of services the week prior to the wedding. The best part of The Makery were their prices were super reasonable and we were satisfied with our final costs.

Sent on 06/10/2018
    The Makery Cake Company 13

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Thank you so much, Becca! It was our pleasure.
  • LittleDemon

Noelle · Married on 11/11/2017

Our cake was amazing! Our wedding was two weeks ago, and people are STILL raving about the cake. We ate our top tier 10 days after the wedding and it was still moist and delicious! The honeymoon and anniversary cakes that are included in the price are well worth it! We got a 6 inch two layer cake to eat on our honeymoon, and on our first anniversary, we get a fresh cake for no additional cost!

Sent on 11/23/2017

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Oh, Thank you so much, Noelle! It was truly our honor. We'll email remind you about ordering that free anniversary cake, but come back anytime in between. We'd love to see you again!
  • Matthew

Matthew · Married on 11/03/2017

Everyone raved about the cake! I'm not even an icing fan and I thoroughly enjoyed it! They provided us with honeymoon cupcakes and will be baking us a cake for our anniversary so we don't have to eat stale, frozen cake! Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 11/06/2017
    The Makery Cake Company 14

Chrissy · Married on 09/29/2017

I ordered my wedding cake from here and Bobby was our consultant. We did the taste testing and loved the vanilla. We also showed him ideas from several different cakes to put together the perfect cake for the wedding. Every detail was perfected and our florist worked with them to put flowers on the top and to match a ribbon to the cake. They also did mini brownies and chocolate covered strawberries for us!

As beautiful as the cake turned out it was so delicious as well. They even provided a honeymoon cake for us to take with us! Would highly recommend. They absolutely know what they are doing!

Sent on 10/25/2017
    The Makery Cake Company 15

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Awe, thanks, Chrissy! It was our pleasure. The little brownie cups were something we don't do everyday, and we were very pleased with how those turned out as well. 'So pleased you loved everything!

Shauna · Married on 09/23/2017

This place is the bee's knees!! Flavor, pricing, personality, concept design, character, I couldn't day enough good about them!!! And YUMMMMM!!!!

Sent on 06/24/2017

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Oh, thanks so much, Shauna! We truly appreciate and love you!

Connie · Married on 09/09/2017

The Makery did such a fantastic job with my daughter wedding cake. It looked beautiful and tasted yummy!! We got so many compliments about how good the cake was. As the mother of the bride, I appreciated how organized they were from the very first call to the in office consultation. You will not be disappointed if you hire The Makery to do your wedding cake.

Sent on 09/14/2017

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Oh, thank you so much, Connie. We so appreciate you, Jenna and Jake!

Diane · Married on 07/01/2017

We weren't sure we even wanted a wedding cake, but at the 11th hour decided it would be simpler and more cost effective than any of our other dessert ideas. We contacted The Makery within 60 days of our July 1 wedding and they were still able to squeeze us in to their busy summer wedding schedule. They offer tastings on the weekends which made planning very easy. With a few ideas from Pinterest they very creatively incorporated our wedding colors into the cake. Even though it was simple, our cake was beautiful and of course delicious! As a preferred vendor with our venue, Baldoria on the Water, delivery was easy and stress free on the day of the wedding. A bonus - you get both a honeymoon cake and an anniversary cake included with your wedding cake.

Sent on 09/02/2017

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Thank you Diane. I am glad we were able to help!

Danielle · Married on 06/10/2017

The Makery Cake Co. did an exception job on my wedding cake! I was so pleasantly surprised to see how absolutely beautiful my three tier wedding cake turned out. I emailed them a picture of something I found on Pinterest and they made it even more beautify than what I had imagined! Not only did it look beautify but it tasted amazing! Probably one of the best wedding cakes I've every tasted! I was so proud and satisfied with my cake and I had so many guests compliment it! Our bottom tier was traditional white wedding cake with raspberry filling and I'm not usually a white cake fan but this cake changed my mind, it is so moist and flavorful! Middle tier was chocolate with strawberry filling and our top tier was lemon with lemon Bavarian filling. They also gave us a special mini cake just for the bride and groom the night of our wedding as well as will make us a fresh one year anniversary cake so we don't have to freeze our top tier for a whole year all included in the pricing. Prices at the Makery are extremely reasonable. You are getting WAY more for your money here and its delicious! I'd recommend this bakery to anyone needing a cake of any kind! Fantastic staff and wonderful cakes.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Megan · Married on 06/03/2017

The Makery was so helpful! Our tastings were simple, all the flavors were great! Our cake and cupcakes all came out completely fantastic, we loved it, the guests loved it! I have absolutely no complaints!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Millie · Married on 06/01/2017

Wow. The Makery was amazing!! Example #1: Blake, the manager, sent us handwritten thank you cards for doing business with them. Example #2: Blake had many ideas of ways to make our wedding cake and grooms cake awesome and was really excited about what we wanted to do. Example #3: We corresponded with multiple people at The Makery over phone and email, some of which we initiated and some of which they initiated. Everyone was competent and professional and fun to work with. Example #4: The cake was phenomenal. It was beautiful and tasted amazing (and everyone at the wedding loved it too). Example #5: The Makery offers a free honeymoon cake and 1st anniversary cake when you buy your wedding cake with them! So this way, if you don't get any cake during the craziness of the wedding, you get to take your own little cake on your honeymoon. And instead of having to freeze the top layer of your cake for your anniversary, you get a fresh cake! I would 100% recommend this company!

Sent on 06/15/2017

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Hi Millie, you should have the sun, moon, and stars with everything. Thank you so much!
  • Dawnine

Dawnine · Married on 03/21/2017

We were so happy we The Makery! We wanted a simple design and the end result blew us away, our cake was gorgeous and delicious! The staff made this experience truly wonderful from start to finish.

Sent on 04/06/2017

Vicki · Married on 01/08/2017

If you're on the fence, GO WITH THIS VENDOR! My mom ended up googling them and saying I should check them out. I'm so glad I listened to her! The Makery is very affordable, have good response time, and are very professional and friendly. Their cake flavors are also incredible; we ended up going with Mandarin Orange, which may sound weird but was sooo good! I showed them a pintrist design for a cake, and they took that but suggested their own ideas for doing color, which made it even better! They also follow through on their word to send you off with a honeymoon cake (free of charge!). It's true that you don't really get to eat it on your wedding day, so it was wonderful to get to enjoy that. Can't recommend these guys enough!!!

Sent on 01/27/2017

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Hi Vicki, We can't thank you enough for your review! We'll see you for your free Mandarin Orange anniversary cake. Thank you!!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/05/2016

The Makery is AMAZING! We went for the cake tasting they hold every Sunday and were pretty much hooked immediately! I was on the fence about having buttercream or fondant on the cake, because of how it looks, but my fiancé HATES fondant because of the taste. We asked about it, and the sugar artist helping us actually prepped some fondant for us to taste right there, on the spot. How awesome is that?

(In the end, we didn't get fondant because my fiancé still doesn't like the taste, and taste is key!)

On our second consult, we had full slices of the cake we wanted to try waiting for us, and we sat down with a sugar artist who worked with my terrible sketches and Pinterest boards to come up with an amazing cake design that went perfectly with our wedding theme! I was a little skeptical of how well it'd work out, but on the day of the wedding, I was SO happy with how beautiful the cake looked, even with all the artwork done in buttercream and sugar paste! Because we couldn't agree on a flavor, we agreed to disagree and had a cake that was two tiers chocolate with raspberry and two tiers pink champaign with strawberry--and guests who got one flavor were going back to try and grab a slice of the second flavor!

I love that we get 10% for a year because we bought a wedding cake with them, and that the price of our cake included a free honeymoon cake that was boxed up and ready to go with us at the end of the night AND a one-year anniversary cake! We've already been back a couple times since for cupcakes, and despite the 45 minute drive each way, I'm pretty sure The Makery is going to be our go-to bakery from now on!

Sent on 12/11/2016