The Makery Cake Company Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Chelsie
    Chelsie R. Getting married on 04/17/2022

Great Tasting and Helpful Staff

We went cake testing and the cakes tasted amazing! Lots of different flavors and very moist. We showed them a picture of what cake we wanted and they had no problem with making the exact one! We also got a discount through our venue as well!
  • Laura
    Laura C. Married on 10/02/2020

Cake to Die For

The Makery wins for so many reasons, mostly though their cake is perfect. They are fun, close to home, and they work with The Stanley hotel. Picking out our flavors and drawing up our cake design was so fun and easy.

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Thank you so much for the raving review. We are so exciting to make such a memorable cake for you!!!
    Stefanie Married on 09/02/2020

Delicious and beautiful cake

The cakes and cupcakes provided by The Makery were delicious and beautiful. They did exactly as I asked, the cake was so soft and decadent. We received many compliments on the cake. They were very professional and provided cake samples to take home that were labeled beautifully (thanks COVID) and the table and cake they set up was everything we wanted. Thank you! Will recommend and use their services in the future.
  • Charlie
    Charlie F. Married on 08/29/2020

5 Stars All Around!

Thank goodness for The Makery! Their work is just pure gold. They were super easy to work and went above and beyond with all the details for our wedding cake - Harry Potter-themed front with the back "curtain" opening up to a Star Wars theme making THE PERFECT Rebel Hallows wedding cake. Thank y'all so much for making our special day finish deliciously!

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Oh my gosh, what a fun couple and super fun cake to do. We loved working with you, and thank you so much for the honor of being such a big part of your special day.
  • Rachel
    Rachel W. Married on 08/16/2020

Deeeelicious

The Makery really knocked it out of the park when it came to our wedding cake! We knew this was the one because they made DELICIOUS tasters, not just for the normal cakes but also for the gluten free ones! If you've never tasted a gluten free cake, let me just tell you that they're most often dry and cardboardy. Not this one!! Mmmmmmm.
    And on top of that they made it sooooo pretty! We're so excited to come and get our anniversary cake next year (they make it fresh yay!).

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Thank you, Rachel, We absolutely loved doing your cake for you!!! And we cant wait to see you next year!
  • Caren
    Caren M. Married on 07/10/2020

Holly & Joe's Wedding

They did a fantastic job my daughter had a specific theme for her wedding and the cake and they perfectly brought it to reality. The cake was amazing and delicious. I highly recommend the Makery.

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

We are so happy to hear how happy you all were with our work! Thank you for letting us bring her wonderful dream into reality. It was our pleasure.
  • Heather
    Heather G. Married on 03/06/2020

The perfect cake

The Makery fulfilled our vision and made it EVEN BETTER! Not to mention it was sooo delicious! The guests were raving about the cake and even the keto folk decided to cheat in order to eat the cake.

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Yay! We are so happy to hear how pleased you were with everything! Not that we want to ruin someone's hard work at a diet, but what a compliment. Congratulations and thank you SO much for letting us be a part of your special day. Don't forget to come back and see us for your anniversary cake!
  • Danielle
    Danielle N. Married on 12/16/2019

Great Taste and Look!

I had the bright idea to reimagine my favorite winter drink into our wedding cake and I was so excited when the Makery said they’d be happy to work with me to make my dream cake happen! However, I had no idea how absolutely delicious it was going to be. Through several emails back and forth (out of state bride here), we came up with a game plan for my London Fog Cake. The London Fog drink is steamed milk, earl grey tea, and lavender and vanilla syrups. For the cake we decided on a vanilla cake, earl grey buttercream frosting, and an optional lavender drizzle (my sister is allergic to lavender and I wanted to be sure she could still eat cake). When we went to do our tasting, we were told that the buttercream was a hit and they weren’t wrong. All of the cakes we tried that day were scrumptious, but the clear winner was the London Fog. We knew we were in good hands as far as design goes. I was a little worried about the top tier of the cake being difficult to eat since it was covered in rock candy, but it was surprisingly tender (if that’s the right word) and the fondant roses were equally delicious (even for guests who aren’t fondant fans). We were sent home with a small round cake that we got to enjoy for NYE (we froze and thawed it). It was just as delicious as our wedding cake and such a nice way to relive our wedding at home.

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Danielle, We are SO happy to hear how much everyone loved the cake!!! It was such a pleasure to make it. What a unique design and flavor. We loved it ourselves here at the Makery. Good luck to the both of you in your life together! See you at your 1 year anniversary for more cake!
  • Jenn
    Jen S. Married on 10/24/2019

Delicious!

The cake was beautiful, but it was also the most delicious & moist wedding cake I've ever had! Highly recommend!

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Jen! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a amazing review! It was a honor to be apart of your big day and we couldn't be more happier that you guys enjoyed it! Remember you get 10% off future cakes for the next year, just remember to mention you had your wedding with us!
  • Leah
    Leah Married on 10/19/2019

Masterpiece

Omg I love the makery they are the sweetest lol and their cake is delicious and moist. Their craftsmanship is phenomenal and out of this world. They were great to work with and made it effortless. Our cake was gorgeous and delicious. Their so sweet they gave us a honeymoon cake because you only get a bite when you actually cut your wedding cake. It's a nice extra bonus that they go above and beyond for.

Leah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a amazing review! We are soo happy to hear you loved your cake! We loved being apart of your special day and look forward to seeing you come back for any future cakes!

The Makery Team
    Tiegan Married on 10/10/2019

Nerdy and beautiful

After encountering the Makery at a bridal show, I knew they were the bakery for me. They had so many fun and nerdy designs in their portfolio, but also some beautiful and classic designs. They met both of those styles in my cake, with a more traditional style of tiered cake and some pretty swirling, but also included the Ravenclaw Crest for our Ravenclaw wedding. It was absolutely perfect. And so delicious. I dont think the plated cake sat out for even 5 minutes - our guests devoured it! :)

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Thank you so much, Tiegan! We loved how fun, yet beautiful your wedding cake was. You were so fun to work with, and thank you so much for reviewing us!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Z. Married on 07/14/2019

Naked funfetti cake!

The only complaint I have is that I wish I still had cake to eat, 3 weeks later! It was so good! We did a naked funfetti cake, nothing crazy, nothing over the top and it was absolutely incredible! Everyone is still raving about it! It looked exactly like the picture I showed them, and was even better in person! My parents ended up with the rest of the cake, and my husband and I went home with a "honeymoon cake!" All for us! We finished the whole thing that night! Can't wait for another event to have them bake for us again!
  • Marney
    Marney R. Married on 06/16/2019

Beautiful/delicious cake!

We only had a cutting cake for our ceremony but it was a mini 3 tiered masterpiece! Delicious pink Champaign flavor and the burgundy color turned out amazing.

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Thank you so much Marney, we are so pleased to hear it!. We absolutely loved doing this cake for you!
    Sharon I. Married on 03/30/2019

Perfect cake for perfect day.

The Makery was so helpful. Their tasting was great so we could get a feel for what we wanted. We ended up with a 3 tiered 2 flavor cake. Just so perfect.
  • Emily
    Emily B. Married on 02/23/2019

What an amazing allergy friendly cake for all

Highly recommend them for anyone who is or has guests who have dietary restrictions. They provided is such an amazing cake that was raved about by all of our guests.
    Dorothy Married on 02/18/2019

Excellent service

The Makery did a phenomenal job making our dream wedding cake. Not only was it picture perfect but also delicious!
    Amanda Married on 09/09/2018
    Our guests told us this was the best cake they have ever had
    Christine Married on 08/04/2018
    The Makery provided an excellent service for wedding cake! The process for choosing the right cake was very simple at the shop and we were able to try the flavors we wanted. The cake turned out beautifully and our guests LOVED the cake we provided! They even provided us with a Honeymoon cake! Highly recommend Makery for your next event!
    Taylar Married on 08/04/2018
    THE BEST CAKE EVER!!!!!!! As soon as we left the initial tasting appointment, we knew this place was the winner! We received so many compliments about not only how beautiful, but how DELICIOUS our cake was. I already cannot wait for our 1 year anniversary cake just so I can eat more. When choosing our cake design, the gentleman that helped us was incredibly accommodating and ensured that we ordered the right size (not too much or too little) and also offered suggestions to help us keep the cost reasonable. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
  • April
    April Married on 06/30/2018
    The Makery made our 2 tier wedding cake. Not only was it BEAUTIFUL and matched our decor wonderfully, but it was delicious! My company works a lot with The Makery for desserts so I knew how good they were, but my husband had no idea. Neither did my parents and my friends and they were all in love with the taste of the cake! We wanted a small cake just for the two of us but we decided to share with our parents and friends and they looked it. They are super creative and great at making your idea come to life.

Hi April,
    Thanks for such an awesome review! At The Makery we love being able to make your wedding day just a little more perfect. Don't forget to order you free anniversary cake next year. Call us about a week before you want it.
    Thanks,
    The Makery
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 06/23/2018
    The Makery created the cake we had envisioned and it was absolutely delicious! Tasting with them was challenging because everything was so good and it was hard to narrow it down, but I think that’s a good challenge to have. We loved getting the honeymoon and anniversary cake included for for us too. Our guests raced about the cakes and cupcakes and we would choose them again and again. We will definitely be using them again for future events!

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Oh, thank you so much, Sara! It was truly an honor.
    Kimberly Married on 04/15/2018
    By far, the BEST cake I have ever eaten! During the consultation, Dez actively listened to my ideas, and her pencil sketch had me in tears!! I am not an artist, but it was like she pulled the image out of my head! Our guests couldn’t stop talking about the cake, how beautiful it was, and how delicious it was! I will be coming here for all my cake needs!!!

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Hi Kimberly, thank you for this great review! Here at The Makery we love being able to make your wedding day even more special by making you the perfect wedding cake. Don't forget to order your free 1st year anniversary cake with us and please keep us in mind for any other event that needs a cake.
    Becca Married on 04/14/2018
    The Makery did an amazing job at our wedding! I received so many compliments on how delicious the cake and cupcakes were, that they were the best wedding cake people had ever ate! The company was very professional, as well as good at communication and verification of services the week prior to the wedding. The best part of The Makery were their prices were super reasonable and we were satisfied with our final costs.

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Thank you so much, Becca! It was our pleasure.
  • LittleDemon
    Noelle Married on 11/11/2017
    Our cake was amazing! Our wedding was two weeks ago, and people are STILL raving about the cake. We ate our top tier 10 days after the wedding and it was still moist and delicious! The honeymoon and anniversary cakes that are included in the price are well worth it! We got a 6 inch two layer cake to eat on our honeymoon, and on our first anniversary, we get a fresh cake for no additional cost!

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Oh, Thank you so much, Noelle! It was truly our honor. We'll email remind you about ordering that free anniversary cake, but come back anytime in between. We'd love to see you again!
  • Matthew
    Matthew Married on 11/03/2017
    Everyone raved about the cake! I'm not even an icing fan and I thoroughly enjoyed it! They provided us with honeymoon cupcakes and will be baking us a cake for our anniversary so we don't have to eat stale, frozen cake! Highly, highly recommend.