The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Erin B. Married on 12/17/2022

Best decision!

Our wedding at the Mainland on 12/17/22 was hands down the best day of our lives. We booked the venue in January of 2022 after meeting with Mel & seeing the terrace room, we knew this was our venue! Throughout the entire process both Mel (catering coordinator) & Alycia (hotel coordinator) were very responsive and helpful with any questions. We had so much fun planning our wedding, booking our vendors etc. A week before we met with Kim (Maitre d') and I knew we were in great hands, she was absolutely phenomenal. Our ceremony & reception were both being held in the terrace room, and seeing how she took my vision and turned it into reality was so special. It was absolutely breathtaking. Kim made sure that we were taking care of all night, she made sure we were able to eat but still enjoy our cocktail hour with our guests by reserving a table for us to stand, eat and mingle. My bridesmaids had some trouble with my bustle and Kim stepped right in to help! Our family and friends are still raving about “that room” and “that food”! I cannot recommend The Mainland for your wedding!! We have absolutely no complaints!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

Thank you for having trust in us for your special day. It was wonderful getting to know the both of you and being able to help you along this journey.
    Congratulations to you both!

We hope to see you back in the future!
    Sara B. Married on 11/05/2022

Wonderful Experience!

We cannot be more pleased with our wedding experience at The Mainland. The venue was beautiful and perfect for both our inside and outside wedding photos. It captured our rustic feel and warm atmosphere. Kim (Matre’ de) and Melinda (Event Coordinator), exceeded all expectations. Kim made the process smooth, simple, and most importantly, stress free. The day of our wedding, there was nothing to worry about because Kim took care of everything, all while making sure we both had everything we needed. She was down to earth and we couldn’t have asked for anyone better. The food was incredible, and our guests had so many positive things to say about all their meals. We received so many compliments on the venue, food, staff, and service. Thank you for making our special day as perfect as we had envisioned it to be!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

Thank you for having trust in us for yours and Andrew's special day.
    Congratulations to you both!

The pleasure was ours and we hope to see you back in the future!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Sonia
    Sonia L. Married on 10/14/2022

What an awesome venue!

My husband and I got married here on 10/14/22 in the Terrace Room - I seriously can’t express enough how absolutely awesome the staff at the Mainland were for our wedding! From the very beginning when we booked it, through the whole planning process, and through the entire event, the whole team was so attentive!
    For starters - Mel the Catering Sales Manager is just amazing! Throughout the entire planning process, she was always so quick to respond to any of my questions or requests, and was always so accommodating, kind, and helpful - and when you’re planning your special day, it’s nice to feel at ease and trust the staff who’s putting it all together for you! Alycia who handled our wedding block was super helpful, accommodating, and great to work with as well!
    On the day of, we had Kim as our Maitre D’ and she was awesome! So attentive, on top of everything, and knocked it out of the park with our decorations-she took what I had in mind and worked her magic and it looked beautiful! We had several guests tell us afterwards how great the service staff were (herself, the servers, and Maria included). If there was an issue with a guests dinner, they made sure it was corrected quickly! The wedding day is a crazy busy day and can be overwhelming at times and Kim was always there at the right moments to make sure we enjoyed some food and had time to just take it all in for a moment, made sure we and the wedding party were ready for whatever moments we needed to be ready for, and gave us guidance through the whole process to make sure the day went smoothly so that we could just enjoy our special day and have fun with our guests!
    All in all, we really had a blast here for those two nights (the arcade is a great bonus, especially if there’s kids in your party!), and our guests were raving about how great the food was, how beautiful the venue was, and how much fun they had all night! Would totally recommend the Mainland to anyone looking for a great venue to have their wedding, you definitely won’t regret it and you’ll make the best memories for your special day!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

Congratulations to you both and the photos are stunning!

We hope to see you back in the future!
  • Natalie
    Natalie A. Married on 10/01/2022

Amazing everything

I had my wedding at The Mainland October 1st, 2022 and we had booked it two years prior. Everything about it was amazing! I was telling my husband the next day "If people didn't enjoy our wedding, they are squares." The food was delicious and everything was beautiful. If my husband and I could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't be surprised if we came back to use the terrace room for other events!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The pleasure was ours! Thank you for trusting us with one of the most important days in your lives! We were honored to share this experience with you and can't wait to share other events with you!
    Thomas C. Married on 09/30/2022

Beyond Expectations

We don’t have a negative thing to say about the Mianland and would highly recommend it for any event. The staff far exceeded our expectations for our wedding reception and the send off breakfast the next morning.

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The pleasure was ours Alexandrea! Thank you for trusting us with one of the most important days in your lives! We were honored to share this experience with you!
  • Liz
    Liz S. Married on 06/24/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Mainland made my dream wedding come true!

The mainland made my dream wedding come true. It was exactly how I envisioned my day. I couldn’t thank the staff enough. They were all so amazing
    Alyssa B. Married on 05/22/2022

The Knot Review

Mel and Kim were absolutely phenomenal!! Mel as our coordinator helped make sure any questions I had during my entire planning process where answered and in a timely manner. She made sure everything I told her was noted and included and didn’t leave out a single detail. Not to mention she’s the sweetest ! Kim as our Matre D was hands down the BEST Matre D ever. She made sure every single thing I asked her to do the day of was not only done but done on time so we had time to enjoy our wedding! She was so efficient and amazing and really made sure we were fed, having fun and refilled with drinks. The venue looked stunning and ever decoration was placed exactly where I wanted it to be. The food was excellent and everyone complimented it. Overall we had such An amazing experience with the Mainland !! 🤍

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The pleasure was ours! Thank you for trusting us with one of the most important days in your lives! We were honored to share this experience with you!
  • Alexandrea
    Alexandrea G. Married on 04/02/2022

Mainland Wedding April 2, 2022

I came across The Mainland on Instagram and from a friend who got married there. The minute I saw the Terrace room I knew this was the perfect venue. Mel, Kim, Krista and Marie were all super helpful. Mel and Krista would respond to all of my questions and concerns I had during the entire planning process. They were great in providing me with different vendor options as well. Everything was very professional, helpful and supportive to make my day absolutely perfect. You are truly in good hands with this team. The venue itself is stunning and accommodating. We had approx 125-130 guests with plenty of space for dancing and sitting areas as well. The vision I had came to life with this team and venue. As far as drinks and food, we have gotten so many compliments on how great everything was. We upgraded a few things as well, which was well worth it. It is in a hotel, which was actually very convenient for our guests especially out of town. Everything was in one place and made the day much smoother. There are a ton of perfect spots for photographs too so you get all different backgrounds, the fireplace, twinkle lights and the wooded area. Overall it was such a perfect day, great team and I am glad I picked this venue. You can tell this team enjoys what they do and cares about their clients. I highly recommend this venue.

• Amanda
    Amanda C. Married on 03/22/2022

Our wedding at The Mainland -Terrace Room

We got married on Wednesday, December 23, 2020! This day was the most beautiful day of our entire lives. My husband and I highly recommend the mainland for your wedding!
    I remember emailing the mainland inquiring about having the wedding there and at the same time emailing a few other places but Mel responded within literally 10 minutes... And it was at that moment that she and the mainland were number one on our list!
    Mel, you are truly so wonderful! Thank you so much for making our wedding planning so easy and relaxing!! You answered every single question within no time! Thank you for being kind and dealing with all my emails and calls, it was in those moments of my stress that you made me feel extremely calm and for that I will be Forever grateful!!! You are so great!!!!
    We had the pleasure of having Maria be our maître d’ at our wedding and let me just tell you something.....she was the BEST!!! Maria you made Ryan and I feel like a king and queen just as a bride and groom should feel on their wedding day! You never missed a beat for us even though we were being pulled in 1 million different directions!! You always made sure we knew what was going on and that we were having the best time and that we ate LOL! Thank you for being on our side for the most important day of our lives! You are truly one of a kind and wonderful woman!
    I also want to add that the Holiday Inn was amazing! We got ready in the suite And spent our wedding night there as well! After our wedding we sat around the fire pit outside which was beautiful! The room was clean and the hotel is very very accommodating thank you for making our stay so wonderful!
    We had a station reception at our wedding which was a lot of fun for our guest. Having a wedding during Covid was a little bit different than your typical type of wedding. We celebrated with our closest family and everyone truly loved the ambience of the room and the extremely fun and delicious food! From the deepest part of our hearts there is nothing we would change!
    Thank you to Mel Jessica Maria and Andy and everyone else at the mainland and the Holiday Inn For making our dream wedding a reality!
    Again I highly recommend the Mainland for your upcoming wedding!!!!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The pleasure was ours! Thank you for trusting us with one of the most important days in your lives! We were honored to be able to be a apart of your special day. We hope to see you both in the near future, Congratulations!
    Kelly Married on 03/13/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hands down the best day!

Our wedding at The Mainland was absolutely beautiful. The staff is insanely kind & helpful. Mel was so patient with my hundreds of emails this last year, and Kim was a rockstar the day of the wedding! The Terrace room is so naturally beautiful and the food was DELICIOUS! We had such a wonderful wedding day and I couldn’t recommend this venue enough!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The Pleasure was ours! Congratulations and we wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
    Thank you for trusting us on your special day!
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen T. Married on 03/05/2022

Absolutely Perfect!

My husband and I could not have been happier with our wedding at the Mainland. I have never been to an event that has been run so smoothly. Kim and Mel had everything handled perfectly, which let my husband and i enjoy our beautiful day! From day one of booking our wedding they were so organized with everything and were in constant contact with me. Alycia handled our room block and was so accommodating with our reservations. We even had two guests who had to get rooms the day of the wedding and she made it happen! We would love to give a huge thanks to all the staff for making our wedding a night we will never forget! Im looking forward to having other events here in the future!

Thanks again,
    Kathleen & Anthony Iadonisi

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The pleasure was ours Kathleen! Thank you for trusting us with one of the most important days in your lives! We were honored and hope to see you both in the near future!
    Rebecca H. Married on 01/22/2022

Perfection

All I can say is wow. We got married at The Mainland on 1/22/22 and it was the most beautiful, perfect day of our lives! Working with Mel & Krista was seamless. They were both very responsive, kind, patient, knowledgeable, and helped every step of the way. I also worked closely with Alycia at the front hotel desk, to set up room blocks & our bridal suite. Again, very responsive, patient, and helpful, and a seamless experience. Come to our wedding rehearsal & wedding day, the staff truly went ABOVE & BEYOND. Mel, Krista, and Kim, our maitre de, set everything up beautifully. When I walked into the space, I almost started crying. The attention to detail & setup was perfection, as they made our vision come to life. Our ceremony and cocktail hour were flawless. At the reception, Kim was by our side all night, and made sure we were taken care of with absolutely everything, and that the night went seamlessly - it did! Between Mel/Krista/Kim/Alycia, the staff, the drinks, the food, and the venue, everything was literal perfection. Friends & family are still raving about our wedding & how it was the best they’ve ever been to, with the best food! Everyone went above and beyond to accommodate us and made my husband & I feel like a true king & queen for the day. We are forever grateful to this staff & venue. Not only are they true professionals, but everyone is so kind & genuine. Because of them, our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives. It’s hard to put into words when something is so perfect. Thank you for making our dream a reality. Highly highly recommend The Mainland!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The pleasure was ours Rebecca! Thank you for trusting us with one of the most important days in your lives! We were honored and very happy we were able to share that day with the both of you. Please come back to visit us and Congratulations!
  • Christina
    Christina T. Married on 12/18/2021

YES! To the mainland!

Our wedding at the mainland was absolutely perfect!! The team made sure the day went along smoothly! We planned our wedding out of state and Mel our sales representative was always in constant contact and had an answer to all my questions. Kimberly our day of coordinator put together our decorations absolutely perfectly. I was blown away when I saw how everything was put together. If you want a stress-free day I HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at the mainland!!!!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

Christina the pleasure was ours! Thank you for trusting us with one of the most important days in your lives and being accommodating while living out of state! Congratulations and we hope that you visit us again when your back in New Jersey!
    Jade V. Married on 12/11/2021

Wonderful!!

I'll start by saying I have SEVERE (anaphylactic) food allergies - and the venue did EVERYTHING!!!! They could to perfectly accomodate my husband and I. The way they arranged our greeting table and memorial table was absolutely gorgeous. I felt so cared for, helped, and understood the entire time. Kim, the Maitre D, and Mel MacNeil, our coordinator, were truly AMAZING for us. They really made the experience so worth it. The Chef was a wonderful asset to this team as well, he made me feel so comfortable and safe in his hands!! I cannot ever say thank you enough!!!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

Thank you for trusting us with all of your allergies and helping you plan your special day. It was a pleasure and we want to wish the both of you nothing but the best. Congratulations!
    John C. Married on 12/10/2021

The Mainland

We sat down with the staff of The Mainland about a year and a half prior to our wedding date of 10/24/20, and immediately we were so comfortable and felt so rite to book our wedding with them. We were treated like family from the start. When we saw The Terrace we fell in love with the room and knew this was the perfect place to have our reception. The staff bent over backwards to help us and make sure we had the perfect wedding, and let me tell you we did. Kim our maître d was absolutely the best, before our date we met several times with her and Mel the event sales coordinator and at every meeting they made sure we were happy with everything we talked about down to the smallest detail. The night of our reception Kim was a rock star, she made sure we had everything we needed, drinks, food, and organized our bridal party to make sure everyone was were they were supposed to be. Mel was there also assisting with cocktail hour. I have to say without this team of excellent people our wedding would not have turned out as wonderful as it did, even during this pandemic they gave us a perfect wedding reception. Now for the food, cocktail hour was amazing, again Kim made sure that we got to try everything that was served, as anyone knows being the Bride and Groom you don`t always get to do that. The diner was fabulous, my friends and family are still talking about how wonderful all the food was. I highly recommend to add the mason jars to your desert menu, we had apple pie and they came out still warm, again everyone still bragging about them. Our first look at the room took our breath away we told Kim what we wanted and she took some of her own creativeness and totally made it even more beautiful. The Mainland is the place to have any event and if I find the need to have another event I will definitely be going there. To the Mainland staff Thank You for our perfect wedding, we could not asked for anything better, if anything you gave us more then we expected. We feel not only did we have a perfect wedding but feel we made new friends.

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The pleasure was ours! Thank you for trusting us with one of the most important days in your lives! We were honored and hope to see you both in the near future, here at the Mainland!
  • Kelly
    Kelly L. Married on 11/21/2021

Beautiful Venue

I love everything about The Mainland … truly a naturally beautiful venue & the staff is amazing! Our wedding day was perfect, and the food was delicious! Highly recommend.

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The pleasure was ours! Thank you for trusting us with one of the most important days in your lives Kelly! We were honored and hope to see you both in the near future, here at the Mainland!
  • Dana
    Dana Married on 11/20/2021

Beautiful, memorable, professional

We fell in love with The Terrace Room at The Mainland upon touring it. Leading up to the wedding, Mel and Krista were wonderful to work with - super responsive and answered all my questions. At our wedding, Kim and her team did a wonderful job of managing everything. We had a medical emergency during our reception (everyone is ok!) and the staff handled it all well, and still managed to keep the night on track. Our guests were all from out of town, so 80 of our 95 guests stayed overnight in the hotel. We all gathered for breakfast in the restaurant the next morning, which was wonderful. It's been almost two months since our wedding and we have received nothing but compliments from our guests on the food, location, venue, decor, everything. Huge thank you to the Mainland team for giving us the most perfect wedding!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

Thank you for trusting us with your special day. We are very happy to hear you had a wonderful wedding that everyone will remember.
    Congratulations and stay in touch!
  • Amanda
    Amanda H. Married on 10/24/2021

Wedding at the Mainland

All I have to say is WOW! Mel & Maria we’re not only extremely accommodating but they were extremely kind! The food was out of this world! 10/10 would recommend having your wedding here

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The pleasure was ours! Thank you for trusting us with one of the most important days in your lives! We hope to see you in the near future. Congratulations!
  • Nicole
    Nicole F. Married on 10/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The perfect choice for our wedding venue!

Kim, Mel, Krista and the rest of The Mainland wedding team truly exceeded our expectations for our wedding day. They went above and beyond with every single part of the day. All of our guests stayed at the Holiday Inn, and my bridesmaids and I used the bridal suite for getting ready, there was so much space and it was a lovely setting to get ready for our big day. The wedding itself was beyond anything I could have imagined! Every single guest said it was one of the best and most beautiful weddings they’ve ever been to. The Terrace space is gorgeous, and the team decorated the space even better than I had dreamed. They took my wedding vision and brought it to life for us. We would recommend using this venue to anyone!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The pleasure was our Nicole. Thank you for trusting us with your special day, we were honored to help you along the way. Congratulations to the both of you!
  • Deirdre
    Deirdre O. Married on 09/26/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

My wedding day was everything I dreamed of & more thanks to The Mainland!

We got engaged in November 2018, and visited The Mainland in December 2018. This is the only venue we actually toured - it was love at first sight and we booked our wedding date the same evening we visited. The Mainland was extremely accommodating when we had to reschedule our wedding due to COVID not once, but twice, and honored all of our original prices. One pleasant surprise was that they updated the ballroom during summer 2021 and we were able to utilize the beautiful new room for our reception, while keeping the ceremony in the STUNNING Terrace Room (seriously - no decor is needed for such a beautiful space). There were some staff changes in the almost three years that I was planning my wedding, but communication was always open and clear. I mainly interacted with Mel, our event coordinator, who was an actual angel. She was very quick to answer any questions I had. Closer to our date we also worked with our maître d Kim, who was wonderful. She was able to handle our large family and wedding party with ease and ensured that everything went flawlessly leading up to & including our wedding day. Thanks to Kim, my husband and I always had a drink in our hand and got to try at least one of everything during cocktail hour and dinner. Speaking of the food, it was PHENOMENAL. I received so many compliments from guests about both the quality and quantity of food - the mashed potato bar and mac & cheese were both HUGE hits during cocktail hour. I would also recommend the pork roll, egg, and cheese to go station at the end of the night - it was a lifesaver LOL. Overall, I cannot say enough good things about The Mainland. They made our wedding day more perfect than I could ever envision.

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The pleasure was ours. Thank you for trusting us in your special day and it was wonderful to work with the both of you. Congratulations and best wishes!
    Samantha H. Married on 09/04/2021

Smooth wedding day

I am so pleased to have had my wedding day at the mainland, the terrace was gorgeous, food was delicious, the staff was flexible and friendly.

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

The Pleasure was ours. Congratulations and thank you for trusting us with the important day of your lives! Best wishes.
    Katherina A. Married on 08/22/2021

Wedding 08.22.21

I can’t say enough how happy I was to choose mainland as my wedding venue. Kim and Mel were amazing through the whole process and the night was more than I expected. The food was amazing too. Kim made sure my husband and I had everything we needed throughout the night. She made sure we had our alone time to eat after ceremony and always made sure we had a drink in our hands. This will be a day I will member forget and I’m sure everyone else could agree. Thank you again for everything.

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

Thank you for choosing The Mainland for your special day. The pleasure was ours and Congratulations!
    Hannah Married on 06/13/2021

100000 Stars

If there were more stars then 5 I would literally give them like 1000000 stars. I honestly cry every time I try to think of what to say. Kim and Mel are way more than just their job titles. Mel...my girl literally is not only the sweetest soul to ever live, but she literally becomes your best friend and takes your dreams and then blows it up with something even better somehow and then makes pinterest seem incapable of doing its job. I will forever be shook by how well she does literally anything. Wedding planning is a lot of hard work and don't get me wrong, as a bride you have to worry about more details then what you realize. But Mel legit helps by pumping up your ideas when their good and being honest when some tweaks may be necessary but does it in a way where you actually feel like your working WITH someone. She will even jump in and pretend to be your dad when your real dad is late to the rehersal until he gets there LOL. Now....Kim. Home girl DOES NOT PLAY. I don't think Iv'e ever witnessed a women run a tighter ship. Girlfriend dont skip a beat and misses NOTHING. Not a single flower will be out of place and not a single wedding crasher unnoticed LOL. She is your biggest advocate and ally. She keeps that place above reproach and works hard to maintain the happiness of everyone present. Last but not least the kitchen staff and servers. The food is also way above 5 stars. Not a single guest left without saying it was some of the best food they have ever had EVER. The servers were prompt, genuine and just so stinking sweet I can't even. Mainland literally made all our dreams come true and I could write all day about just how well they did to make everything without flaw. Beyond blessed and filled with pride to say we had the best day of our lives here. I would choose them 100 times over.
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 06/11/2021

Perfect Day! Highly Recommend

My husband and I got married at the Mainland Manahawkin on 6-11-21. I cannot recommend this place enough! The terrace room is absolutely gorgeous (sliding barn doors, string lights, wood barn tables, beautiful fireplace). We had about 75 people and room was a very comortable fit with plenty of room to move and dance. The night was amazing. The food was amazing, our guests are still talking about the cocktail hour! The venue provides all catering and open bar as well as a cake package so it was very convenient to have a one stop shop for everything. Mel and Kim helped us the entire way from planning through a pandemic, to food tastings, to final details. They both were super attentive and made the decor and layout look better than I every could imagined. They were both super accommodating and flexible for every request we had and the night went off without a single bump in the road. They are both great at what they do.
    My husband and I didnt have to lift a finger and were able to fully enjoy our night. The hotel itself is also extremely clean and accommodating. I had a friend who had a last minute room switch and they were able to assist seamlessly. I highly highly recommend hosting your future rustic wedding here!

The Mainland at Holiday Inn Manahawkin's reply:

We were honored to help you plan your wedding through the pandemic. Thank you for choosing The Mainland and trusting us with your special day. You both were wonderful to work with. Congratulations to the both of you and come back to visit!
illustration stars