Magnolia Room Reviews

Magnolia Room 6
Magnolia Room 7

Robert Morell · Getting married on 10/17/2020

Melissa and Robert

My fiancé and I toured The Magnolia Room and were beyond blown away by the classiness of this venue! Shirley answered every question that we had about the venue and then some! Although we have not booked our wedding here yet we plan on booking soon!

Magnolia Room 8
    Magnolia Room 9
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 09/29/2018

The Magnolia room was the perfect place for our wedding. The style is very elegant from the chandeliers and beautiful bar to the bridal suite, even to the bathrooms! Our wedding head count was about 150 but their capacity is about or more than 300. So there is definitely enough room! We loved that we were able to have our ceremony and reception in the same place. We held our ceremony on the outside lawn and it was beautiful. There was also plenty of parking. The staff was very attentive and helped every step of the way, thank you Shirley and Lisa !!

Magnolia Room 10
    Magnolia Room 11
    Magnolia Room 12

Tashina · Married on 03/23/2018

We could not have chosen a better facility to manage our day!

Taylor · Married on 07/15/2017

I absolutely love this venue!! The Magnolia Room is a gorgeous venue with hanging chandeliers, mahogany bar with mirrors, and a neat outside areas that you can personalize (we had a cigar bar outside). The executive director, Lisa Walsh, was absolutely amazing!! She is very professional, knowledgeable, and always willing to help. She was easy to reach and always responded quickly to my questions. If you are looking to have a wonderful wedding reception look no farther! We had a wedding with around 400 guests so we added a tent to one side and it looked great, thanks to Lisa's direction. Would absolutely recommend this place to anyone!!! Thank you to the Magnolia Room & Lisa!

Dina · Married on 02/25/2017

Lisa was great to work with!! She made our expreience at Magolia Room awesome!! We appreciate her help and of course patients... Thank you!!
    P.S. The place is beautiful!!

Kamesha · Married on 10/18/2015

Love love love the Magnolia Room!! So beautiful and spacious! Lisa is such a big help, we were looking for vendors for food, etc and she gave us a fantastic list of places to look into and who to contact. She went over where everything was, where it'd be best to set up tables, booths etc. She showed my a variety of options that I could do for my ceremony. She was even quick to respond back. I highly recommend the Magnolia Room.

tianda · Married on 07/11/2015

I absolutely fell in love with this place, it had everything I was looking for in an venue. I felt like a princess when I walked in this venue. The staff was excellent, they got back to you quick and helped me with any questions I had.

Kirstin · Married on 06/28/2014

Lisa and the Magnolia Room staff were very helpful! I did not have a wedding planner so they offered to set up the venue for me. They put all the linens on the tables as well as the other decorations that we had made ourselves (sparklers, favors, chalkboard signs etc). They even set up our cake table! It was supposed to rain the day of my wedding so Lisa contacted our caterer and created a rain plan, which allowed me to not have to worry about a thing! We were very pleased, as were our guests.

The Magnolia Room is a gorgeous ballroom with hanging chandeliers, mahogany bar with mirrors, and lovely outside areas that you can personalize. The executive director, Lisa Walsh, was professional, knowledgeable, and accommodating. My wedding was an Orthodox Jewish and Russian wedding on a Sunday evening. Lisa gave us tips, was always willing to meet with us, and even helped set up the hall on the day of the wedding. My cocktail hour was held outside on the covered portico, ceremony was outdoors near the doors by the bar, and reception was inside the ballroom. We were able to set up the hall exactly how we wanted and Lisa was helpful and considerate as we made last-minute changes. There were few flowers because the hall was so beautiful, it did not need much to make it look better. It already looks very grand. Our guests stayed at a hotel only two miles away and we had a taxi transport our guests. If you are looking for a venue and want to make your wedding look a certain way, the Magnolia Room can help make it happen. If you are unsure, I recommend checking out the Magnolia Room to see if you like it. When my husband and I first saw the venue and spoke with Lisa, we decided that evening with little discussion that we were going to book the place. We could not be happier with our wedding and use of the Magnolia Room.

• Mrs.S

Frances · Married on 11/16/2013

Lisa was amazing to work with always so kind. She really knows what she is doing.

Melanie · Married on 11/02/2013

Wow the Magnolia Room is so gorgeous!! I wish I could have another event so I could have it here ! :) My husband and I fell in love with this place as soon as we walked in! We knew we didn't want to have our wedding in a hotel ballroom, and this space was exactly what we were looking for. We did both our ceremony and reception here, as we had a lot of out of town guests and wanted to keep the traveling down as much as possible for them. It was so convenient to do so. We also loved the fact that we could bring in our own vendors & alcohol. So while some may look at the cost to rent the space as high, the fact that you can choose your costs for everything else, makes it a hard place to turn away from! Lisa was wonderful to work with, very helpful and responsive as well as her assistant (at the time of planning) Elise. Both were so great and made the planning process very enjoyable. They gave a list of vendor recommendations and were also always available for help and suggestions for decor/planning ideas and tips. Everyone at our wedding loved the Magnolia Room and commented on how gorgeous it was. We are so happy that our wedding was in such a wonderful, pretty & inviting space!

• User2991905 · 2+ years ago

The Magnolia Room was wonderful. We love Lisa and Elise - they both went above and beyond in helping us with so many details. My only complaint is that the maintenance department really needs to step up their game (especially with the amount of money they are bringing in). The gazebo is falling apart, the grass is not as green as it could be, the grounds need to be manicured, and the place needs a deep cleaning.

vlada · Married on 09/21/2013

This venue is amazing!!! It is so gorgeous! We got married there and all of our guests were so amazed with how beautiful this place is. We had a "black tie", very elegant wedding and the decor of the place fit perfectly. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a great experience.

LaTrecia · Married on 08/31/2013

I only had my reception at the Magnolia Room, but staff members, Lisa and Elise, were incredible. They were always available to answer any of my questions and calm my nerves whenever needed. They followed thru on everything as they said they would the moment we signed a contract with them.

The location was beautiful. The Magnolia Room is so beautifully decorated that it only took minimal decorations to make the room “wow” for my reception. I would highly recommend that anyone use this location for their reception.

Shay · Married on 06/29/2013

Lisa & her staff were AMAZING! They made sure everything went off without a hitch. Lisa made recommendations on what to do, when to do it, and even gave recommendations on caterers, DJs, linens, and places to take pictures. Such a pleasure to work with!!

Carrie · Married on 04/06/2013

We originally chose the Magnolia Room because it offered exactly what we were looking for - a space for an outdoor ceremony, an indoor/outdoor reception space, a large indoor space for seating and dancing, and we could bring in our own caterer and alcohol. We also loved that we could have the venue for the entire day of our wedding whereas other places we saw would allow us just 2 hours before the start to set everything up. They also provided all the tables and chairs we would need and set those up for the ceremony and reception the morning of the wedding. Since we ordered our linens through them they also put those on the tables so my friends were able to go in first thing in the morning to set up centerpieces.Those were our initial reasons for choosing it and we are so glad we did. From day one the event staff, Lisa and Elise, were an absolute pleasure to work with. They worked with me on multiple visits as I worked out the details and were responsive by email and phone to all of my questions. They made the whole process so easy, hassle free, and fun!

On top of these wonderful ladies, the venue was just beautiful, from the classic chandeliers to the patio. Our guests made multiple comments about the Magnolia Room; how beautiful it is, how perfectly it was laid out to ensure everyone could interact (the bar is right in the main hall area as opposed to another room which I have seen at other venues), and how they loved being able to go outside without feeling like they were leaving the party.
    It was the perfect venue made even better by Lisa and Elise. I would recommend the Magnolia Room to anyone.

I got married 3/30/2013 at the Magnolia Room-- WHEN I SAY IF ANYONE IS GETTING MARRIED IT SHOULD BE AT THE MAGNOLIA ROOM-- Lisa and Elise were the BEST! They helped us so much with everything-- without them we couldnt have pulled off the most important days of our lives! They were my dream team!!! Not to mention the Magnolia Room is beautiful--my guest were so impressed! I promise you will not be disappointed!

Jessica · Married on 03/29/2013

Unlike a lot of other nice venues in the area, the Magnolia Room allows you to use any vendors, including caterers, that you like at no additional charge! The Magnolia Room's rental cost is in my opinion better than alot of other equally priced venues in the area because it includes chairs and tables of various sizes, staff set up of the tables and chairs on the morning of the wedding (and linens if you go thru First Impressions linen company), a rehearsal time the week of the wedding, and amongst other things, use of the venue for your entire wedding day! My husband and I did A LOT of venue searching for our wedding and surprisingly most venues we looked at did not even offer chairs, much less anything else, in their rental price!

Also Elise and Lisa are soo sweet and helpful. They were both soo quick to respond to my emails containing soo many questions that I had about not just the venue but the flow of the wedding, our vendor's needs, etc. It was truely a wonderful experience working with them and we couldn't have picked a more perfect venue for our wedding!

Alicia · Married on 02/23/2013

This was AN INCREDIBLE venue to work with. Lisa and Elise provided incredible service and were so helpful in planning my wedding. They answered all my questions and requests promptly and were always so courteous and kind. They made sure we had everything we needed and went the extra mile to get a few quotes for us :). The venue is absolutey stunning and it was such a joy to decorate the Magnolia Room. It is elegant and simply, gorgeous.

The Magnolia room is a beautiful venue!!

Kristin · Married on 01/19/2013

I am so happy with how my wedding turned out at the Magnolia Room. Lisa is wonderful to work with and very professional. The Magnolia Room is beautiful and magical!! You must see it in person. Nothing comes close.

Ashley · Married on 01/05/2013

Lisa and Elise were very helpful, very prompt in responding to emails even through the holiday season. They were willing and flexible with their schedules to let me in several times before my event to look around, brainstorm, and plan. Lisa was very familiar with event planning and had lots of vendors to recommend if we wanted them. She had great recommendations for floor plans and in the end I let her make a lot of my floor plan decisions since she knew what looked the best and what works for the space. She even put me in touch with another bride who was using the space a week before me to see if we could share fire pits for the outside patio. Overall it was a very very pleasant experience. It was such a relief to me when I found the Magnolia Room, since it had the elegance I was hoping for at a price I could afford. It was a joy to have our wedding reception there.

It's also a great deal. Not only are tables and chairs included, but you get the space for the entire day, not just an afternoon or evening. My bridesmaids and I actually got dressed at the Magnolia Room, and had all my wedding party pictures there before we left for the church ceremony. I looked at other vendors in the area for a reception space, and most of them had a 5-6 hour limit on when you were allowed to be in their space. We had the Magnolia room for 15 hours, and it was a life saver since that area of NC/SC can be so spread out and we didn't want to waste our special day driving from place to place! :)

Tammie · Married on 11/03/2012

We could not have asked for the staff at the Magnolia Room to have been more helpful for our daughters reception. Thank you.

Emily · Married on 10/27/2012

The Magnolia Room was a perfect location for our wedding of 250 guests and I highly recommend it! We searched everywhere for the perfect spot that would allow us to bring in our own caterer and our own alcohol to save money and we found that with the Magnolia Room - what a beautiful place too! We had our wedding outdoors on the lawn and the reception inside - it was a great location and not too far from Charlotte. Lisa was wonderful to work with!