The Madious Reviews

48 | Silver Spring, MD

48 Reviews for The Madious

Jen · Married on 09/29/2012

Eyewonder Photography is AMAZING! Lionel & Kristiaan are both highly talented photographers with an inspirational creative ability. We knew when we first met them that they were exactly what we were looking for. In addition to the beautiful and unique photos, they were a pleasure to work with. All of our guests commented on how wonderful they were. They were in no way intrusive on the party and were quick and efficient with the traditional family photos. We thought they were a great value because they don't force customers to buy the wedding albums by building it into their prices. They were very flexible when we changed our engagement session location last minute and needed our engagement session photos back with a quick turnaround. While their response time to e-mails isn't instantaneous, it is within a reasonable time frame and they always answered our questions thoroughly and honestly. They are fantastic and we have already referred them for a friend's wedding.

Sent on 09/30/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/16/2012

Lionel and Kristiaan were simply amazing! Such a laid back couple. They shot our engagement photos for us a few months before the wedding. They really tried to get to know me and my husband and really made us feel totally comfortably throughout the entire session. We absolutely loved their adventurous attitude and their willingness to try anything. Our photos turned out amazing. We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful experience!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Ladan · Married on 08/11/2012

Kristiaan and Lionel are amazing photojournalists. Just take a look at their Facebook page--their work speaks for itself. It's great that they are a couple because they understand the important moments to capture during the wedding and you can have one follow the bride and one follow the groom in the preparation stages. Their package includes getting them for the entire day of your wedding unlike other photogs which charge by the hour. They make you feel comfortable in your skin even if you are shy around a camera. They are costly compared to others we looked at, but for the professionalism, time they spend with you, and the quality of the work, it's worth the investment if you want truly amazing photos.

Sent on 10/06/2012

Eye Wonder photography is amazing - Kristiaan and Lionel are both great people to work with (and fun!) and exceeded our expectations in terms of the product they delivered. They truly captured every moment of our wedding beautifully...and their execution was seamless so we never even noticed them being around, they just fit right in with the rest of our guests and were never intrusive. Any salient memories we have of emotional / joyful moments are now solidified with several photos. They are very creative and artistic in their style so the photos are high quality and high quantity - they both love photography so much that they never want to put down the camera. They even came to our after party (which was not in the contract). We were so pleased with them, as were other guests at our wedding - in fact, one of my bridesmaids was so impressed with them that she is now flying them out to Seattle as her wedding photographers this summer!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Lionel and Kristiaan are amazing, we can not say enough wonderful things about the couple. They are professional and responsive, but are also just two amazing people who love what they do. All of our guests loved them as much as we did!!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Shannon · Married on 06/02/2012

When planning our wedding, I spent months on end searching for the PERFECT photographer. I saw really great photos on EyeWonder's website, and some blogs. After our first meeting with EyeWonder, the search was OVER. We knew from the moment we met Kristiaan and Lionel that they were exactly who we wanted to hire. And they proved us right. We had an absolutely AMAZING experience working with them. They are creative, a pleasure to be around, resourceful, calm, nice, funny, and just all around awesome.

Beyond the most beautiful photos, they were also so helpful throughout the process and even the day-of with everything from makeup remover pads to safety pins or bug spray somehow stashed in the camera bag.

We've recommended them to several close friends and even Facebook friends that reached out to ask about our photos. EVERYONE that has since hired them has also had the same great experience.

Hire EyeWonder Photography right away - you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Leah · Married on 05/26/2012

Kristiaan and Lionel are truly the best wedding photographers out there. They are a husband and wife team, so you get two talented photographers for the price of one - they really play off each other, finding the perfect shots that balance creativity and tradition. They also made us feel comfortable for this reason as we planned our shots for the engagement sesion and wedding (eg, they could "pose" and demostrate). They are however, more than just wedding photographers - they will help you get ready, calm your nerves, look after you if things go awry.... Kristiaan felt like a third bridesmaid to me! My family went out of their way to comment on how they felt "part of the wedding." They didn't even get impatient when our families started asking for group pictures after dinner (with the requisite time spent rallying each respective group). And above all, their photos are stunning. If you are looking for top-rate wedding photographers with creativity and flare, Kristiaan and Lionel are for you.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Laura · Married on 04/15/2012

Working with Kristiaan and Lionel was a pleasure, and the pictures are absolutely beautiful. They captured playful moments, like when my now brother-in-law swapped sunglasses with his grandma, as well as touching, emotional ones. Their style is very artistic, which we loved, while still feeling really natural. We were so pleased with EyeWonder that my best friend is using them for her wedding next weekend. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Lionel and Kristiaan were great to work with from day one; they took the time to get a good understanding of who we were and what ideas we had for the big day. Then they let their creative side run wild, which led to a fun and memorable day as well as an awesome final product. Love all the candid moments they captured.

Would jump at the chance to work with them again. -G+Y

Sent on 05/11/2013
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 10/09/2011

Their photographs really are works of art! Very different, SO creative, and they really capture a fun mood between you and our significant other. Definitely take a look at their blog, website and facebook page and you will get a feel for Kristiaan and Lionel's work. Unfortunately I only used them for engagement photos but I LOVE how they turned out. It was easy to figure out a plan for the photos and location and K and L were full of great ideas. It was a blast and I have been recommending them to everyone that I know.

Sent on 11/07/2011

Hilary · Married on 09/04/2011

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Lionel and Kristiaan are two of the most amazing people/photographers on the planet. I was so sad when the day was over and we had to part ways. Their our friends forever now. Our pictures turned out AMAZING!!! Everyone raved about them. I wish we lived closer to them so I could use them for all my future photography needs.

Sent on 09/07/2012

THE. BEST. EVER! My (then) fiance and I were headed to DC for vacation shortly after getting engaged and decided to do our engagement pics while there. I found EyeWonder online and booked them as soon as I could...with images that good, they had to be just as awesome. And they were! They woke up at the butt crack of dawn and spent several hours with us. The pictures turned out amazing and we fell in love with Lionel and Kristiaan so we booked them for our California wedding. We had to leave for our honeymoon the same day as our wedding but they managed to get in everything we wanted, including a shoot in another city! We love our wedding pictures and we've made new friends. I cant wait for our next trip to DC (or their next trip to Cali, whichever comes first) so they can take family pictures. You will not be disappointed if you book them!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Brooke · Married on 07/09/2011

My husband and I chose Kristiaan and Lionel to photograph our wedding in Vermont. This is quite an endorsement, because we liked them and their work so much, we flew them up from Washington, D.C. rather than hire one of the many, many quality photographers in New England. Why did we like them so much?

1. The quality of the photos speaks for itself. In addition to the 'mom portraits' that you will inevitably want to take, they create absolutely stunning images that will help you see your day in a whole new way. If you haven't already checked out their blog, do it now.

2. With wedding photographers, the process would be as important as the final product You won't end up with quality images at the end of the day if you don't feel comfortable, relaxed and able to be yourself around your photographer. Kristiaan and Lionel are utmost professionals, but are also relaxed, personable, and easy to get along with. The results speak for themselves - happy couple, happy family, and gorgeous memories that we will always cherish.

Sent on 09/25/2011
  • O

Olivia · Married on 04/16/2011

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!!! That is what i have to say about Kristiaan and Lionel! We knew even before we got engaged that we wanted them to be our wedding photographers so the minute we got engaged we booked them!! We wanted photos that were art and that is exactly what they do!!! Our engagement pictures were amazing and so much fun to shoot. They sent us little presents throughout the year and it really made my husband and i feel like we were being thought of by them. If you want truly amazing memories of your wedding that are modern and artistic then they are the photographers for you!!

Sent on 04/27/2011

Amanda · Married on 04/09/2011

Lionel and Kristiaan are AMAZING to say the very least.

One of my friends recommended Eye Wonder Photography to me earlier this year. Her email complimented them left and right and I originally thought it was spam (as I'm sure all newly engaged couples are experiencing). I called her and she told me that she had indeed sent that email and that I should meet them. With her kind of raves, I agreed and Lionel and Kristiaan met me and my fiancé for coffee. They are just a pleasure to work with – they are both wonderful people and incredibly nice and personable.

For our engagement session, they joined us at Skyland Resort in the Shenandoah mountains and went on a 5 mile hike and up 2,000 feet to take pictures. Without any hesitation, they climbed trees, crawled in the dirt, and even laid down in the middle of a busy road to get the perfect shot. I’ve met and seen other photographer’s pictures in the past but none had the quality or creativity that Lionel and Kristiaan have. They both went over and beyond all expections and are not afraid to go the extra mile just for a single shot. And this is only the engagement session!

For the wedding, Kristiaan stuck with me and Lionel stayed with Kevin. I don't remember seeing them without the camera. All the guests told me they couldn't wait to see the pictures - they all agreed that EWP was everywhere, taking pictures of everything. Again, Lionel climbed trees and got on the ground for great, one-of-a-kind shots. And they were very understanding of a tired flower-girl!

For all those brides, weddings are a blur. You're everywhere, talking to a million people and being pulled in just as many directions. It's very exciting but very exhausting too. Make sure that the one thing you think hard about is choosing a good photographer (EWP!) because it's the only memories you'll have!

Sent on 05/01/2011

Thomas · Married on 12/31/2010

Lionel and Kristiaan complement each other.

They have an eye for capturing not only the visual imagery of the day, but also the emotion. They find a way to blend in to the environment so as not to interfere with the flow and feel of the event.

Artistic, graceful, and classy. They're not the same old stale wedding photography that just anyone can do. They're able to pull together images that would be missed by most.

I love them both and could not imagine having anyone else help us document such a special event. We'll treasure their work for years to come.

Sent on 09/27/2011

Emily · Married on 10/23/2010

My husband and I hired Kristiaan and Lionel of EyeWonder Photography for our wedding in October and we couldn't have asked for more from them. Throughout the whole process they were responsive to my questions, checked out the venue prior to the wedding so they would be prepared, offered to do more than one engagement shoot, made friends with everyone at the wedding and most importantly, took beautiful photos. I would certainly recommend them to anyone looking to have amazing pictures taken by an amazing couple. They may cost more than the average photographer - but you get two photographers and you really get amazing quality photographs. Kristiaan and Lionel clearly care about each client and it shows in their images.

Sent on 11/12/2010

nicole · Married on 10/10/2010

I cannot believe there are NO reviews for Eyewonder!!! Let me first say that these two beautiful people are so wonderful to be around. I found them searching the web. Originally for informal engagement photos. We met with them in person, they are a couple, and they were so friendly! They will definitely make you feel comfortable. They want to get to know you first, which I love b/c it let's me know they are serious about what they do. We ended up doing our shoot with them (for a great cost). We already had our wedding photographer picked out...Our wedding was in Vegas, so we were trying to stick with local vendors to help with our costs. Needless to say...our Vegas photographer ended up being a hot mess and disappeared off the face of the earth (with our deposit). Eyewonder came to our rescue and we could not have been anymore happier. We were really trying to keep our budget lower, but honestly if you want great quality photos for your special day, you have to be committed to that and really trust that you are investing in something you will have forever. Yes, they traveled to Vegas for our wedding and can I tell you EVERYONE loved them! Our guests still cannot stop raving about them, and we haven't even seen all the photos. Please...if you are in the area, or just looking for great photos, reach out to them, you will be happy you did :)

Sent on 10/30/2010

Erin · Married on 07/04/2010

What struck me during the entire time we worked with Kristiaan and Lionel was how flexible and responsive they were to our needs. They were incredibly accommodating in scheduling our engagement shoot, and while it was a long day, they were both relaxed, fun, and yet amazingly professional throughout (when I might have been tempted to say, after four hours of photos, "Really? Now you want to go to Union Station? We've taken like 7 million photos," Kristiaan and Lionel were like, "Yeah, Union Station! Let's make it happen!") -- I think this speaks to how much they both really love capturing couples during this exciting and special times in their lives. And the photos themselves, for both our engagement shoot and our wedding, were absolutely stunning -- contemporary but also capturing all the right moments.

Sent on 09/23/2011

Jon · Married on 06/27/2010

We simply could not have hoped to find a better team to join our wedding- and we echo the other comments, we feel as though we could have written the save reviews verbatim (minus the travelling to Vegas). Kristiaan and Lionel were two of our favorite wedding guests, every interaction with them was based on building a friendship from their end and we were happy to engage. Because they got to know us and our guests so well they were able to take the most beautiful pictures we have of our relationship. The best decision of our wedding festivities was to include EyeWonder in our lives!

Sent on 04/03/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/26/2010

Kristiaan and Lionel are the total package. Excellent photographers, consummate professionals, and thoughtful human beings who are known to send a pre-wedding care package or two :) I couldn't have asked for a more perfect photography experience. They treated me, my husband, and our families with an uncanny love and respect. I highly recommend having a team of photographers, and you get that with EyeWonder. With two photographers, you get so many different angles, and Kristiaan and Lionel didn't miss one special moment! Because there are two of them, they were able to be with me and my husband separately. And they are engaged themselves, so they identify with the wedding planning process firsthand and are so supportive and sensitive to the wants and needs of the couple. And to top it all off...the pictures! I can't stop looking at them. They captured my day beautifully! I got so many compliments about my pictures, and everyone who saw them is dying to work with Kristiaan and Lionel now. We were beyond thrilled with EyeWonder photography and HIGHLY recommend it to all brides and grooms.

Sent on 09/25/2011

Ben · Married on 07/04/2010

Kristiaan and Lionel provided an amazing service to our wedding - they were very unobtrusive, but somehow managed to capture not only the big "official" moments, but also a lot of the really touching informal moments that I otherwise wouldn't have seen. Their love of their work and their enthusiasm is a huge plus and the confidence they instilled was a welcome point of calm in an otherwise hectic day. Couldn't imagine a better experience.

Sent on 09/26/2011

Donna · Married on 10/30/2010

I felt like EyeWonder took our personalities into account and delivered photos that showcased that. So in our photos, you can see our happiness, our friendship, our playfulness... all of that came through. Also, I was impressed by their pricing model. We found that many photographers lured us in with a base price with huge upcharges for many of the things we needed (multiple locations, pre/post photos, etc.).
    It was nice to have a female photographer in the room as I was getting dressed. It meant she could capture all of the pre-dressed shots without me being concerned about "some man" seeing me in states of undress. I also loved that EyeWonder really behaved as though the wedding was about my husband and I, not about them. I did not detect one iota of photographer arrogance. They were willing to do what they needed to do to deliver pictures we would love forever.

Sent on 09/23/2011