The Loft at Studio J Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Daniel H. Married on 10/22/2021

Best Venue Ever!!!

Absolutely amazing experience with The Loft. Emily, Maureen and the whole crew were extremely helpful from start to finish with planning and follow through. Emily answered all of our questions without hesitation throughout the whole process. We dropped off our decorations the morning of, and Maureen and her team did amazing work setting up the venue for the ceremony and reception. Just a fabulous team all around!! I highly recommend using The Loft.

The Loft at Studio J's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Daniel! We are so thrilled our team took great care of you. All the best!
    Donna N. Married on 09/12/2021

Our experience with anyone we touched at both the JX and the Loft were dedicated and enjoyable.

Our experience with the entire team was spectacular start to finish.

The Loft at Studio J's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Donna! We so appreciate your feedback, and do our best to ensure everyone is well taken care of.
    Coriann P. Married on 07/25/2021

Incredible Wedding Venue

The loft was the best choice we could’ve made when choosing our venue! It is beautiful, the staff is incredible, and our guest had a phenomenal time!

The Loft at Studio J's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Coriann! What beautiful pictures!! We are so honored to have hosted your big day. All the best in married life!
  • Allie
    Allie P. Married on 11/20/2020

Beyond thankful and happy to have my wedding at The Loft at Studio J!

My husband and I could not be happier that we chose the Loft at Studio J for our wedding in November!
    Emily and Corey were amazing to work with. They were extremely responsive to my ongoing list of questions (especially during the pandemic). They were very understanding, flexible, and kind throughout the wedding planning process. A huge shout out to Emily, for being proactive and reaching out when the restrictions were placed on the wedding. They made us feel very safe and confident that they were going to handle our small wedding as safely as possible.
    Right away, we fell in love with the rustic vibe and knew that we could take advantage of how naturally beautiful the venue is. We loved the windows, the chiavari chairs, the bar, and the fact that it has a photobooth (which was so much fun)! It is also reasonable in price, especially for around the area.
    After our initial tour, they made the process so easy for us and were such a great resource. I love the portal that they put all your information in, so that you can see everything that you talked about just in case you forget something. We flipped our timeline around 9 days before the wedding due to the current restrictions, and both Emily and Corey were transparent, professional and flexible.
    A huge shout out to the day of coordinator - Corey, who let us use their easels/stands when I completely forgot to buy them for my signage…totally saved the day! He also went above and beyond by referring me to some good photo op locations around Stillwater for the wedding party pics, which I appreciated since I’m not from the area.
    Even after the wedding, they checked in to make sure that I was taken care of. I have to remind myself that we are not the only wedding they are managing…because they make you feel like the most special couple out there! I would rate them 100 stars out of 10 if that was possible. THANK YOU! 😊Love, Mr & Mrs Spychalla.

The Loft at Studio J's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! Every couple is important-so we are so happy you felt how much you mean to us! All the best!
  • Megan
    Megan W. Married on 11/08/2020

Beautiful Venue

The Loft at Studio J is an absolutely beautiful venue! The entire staff and Loft team helped to make our day very special. It was everything we had hoped for and more!

The Loft at Studio J's reply:

Thank you so much, Megan! Our staff does go above and beyond! We loved hosting your big day, and wish you all the best!
    Emily S. Married on 09/26/2020

Amazing venue! Amazing staff! So glad we went with JX!

My husband and I recently got married at the JX Event Venue. From the moment we stepped into JX, we knew it was exactly where we wanted to have our wedding. I truly cannot say enough good things about the venue! The aesthetics and simpleness yet elegance that the venue offers is timeless and just what we were looking for. The staff is ABSOLUTELY incredible. Emily Tweed was our Day of Coordinator and I don't know how our day would have gone on without her. She fielded so many questions leading up to our date, kept us organized and managed every small and large detail the day of. She is the best of the best at what she does! Our guests were so impressed by the JX Venue nestled in the middle of Downtown Stillwater. We would highly recommend the JX Event Venue to everyone and anyone for their wedding or upcoming event!

The Loft at Studio J's reply:

Thanks so much, Emily! You two are so wonderful together, and we wish you all the best! Come visit anytime!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra H. Married on 02/20/2020

Great Experience!

The venue itself is so historic, unique, and decorative. We didn't need to have a ton of decorations because the venue spoke its own story. The staff were so nice, helpful, and flexible. They really want to make you heard and make sure your day goes off without a hitch. I would recommend them to anyone! I cannot say enough good things about this venue. It is so cute and unique.
  • Alixis
    Alixis S. Married on 09/14/2019

Beautifully amazing.

Oh my goodness, I truly don't have anything bad to say about this venue. They were AMAZING from start to finish and always answered any questions I may have had. They made the whole process super easy and the day of went by without any problems. I had a lot of guests say how cool it was to find such a unique place that fit our personalities and everyone loved everything about the venue and the staff. The bartenders were also so spectacular. I have nothing bad to say about this venue and staff. They were all amazing and super helpful.
  • Max
    Max Married on 01/05/2019

Groom/customer

We couldn't have picked a better venue for our January wedding than the Loft at Studio J. During the planning process, Emily was very attentive and able to answer all of our questions. We felt in very good hands. The day of, the staff was super attentive, helping us set up and always checking in to see if we needed anything.

We received many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was, and we couldn't agree more. Our bartenders were fantastic and took care of us the entire night. Every aspect of the night, and this venue, was perfect.
    Keisha R. Married on 09/28/2018

Fantastic wedding venue

From the moment my husband and I stepped into The Loft and Studio J, we knew it was the venue we wanted to get married in. It was everything that we loved, industrial, exposed beams, exposed brick, so beautiful that you barely need decorations. Our manager on the day of the wedding was willie and he was phenomenal. He made sure that everything ran smoothly, he worked with my sister and mom so well! Not only was Willie the manager on duty, he was a bartender and made sure that guests were well served all night. My only suggestion would be to look at and ask about all of the extra fees before you book, for example to have the rehearsal at the venue was another fee either $200 or $300, I would have never thought to ask that being my first time getting married. Other than the extra fees, we loved everything about the Loft! We had our ceremony and reception there, the venue flip was extremely fast. Our guests also loved the photo booth!
    Katie Married on 09/22/2018
    We could not have been happier with our choice to have both our ceremony and reception at the Loft! From the start Annie and everyone at the Loft were incredibly helpful, organized, and friendly. My husband and I booked the Loft from out-of-state and Annie went out of her way to ensure we were comfortable with and excited about their space. As soon as we saw the venue we knew it was the right choice. It is beautiful and unique with brick walls, wood floors, and big windows. It embraces the charm of Stillwater and adds some extra style.

The staff encouraged us to personalize the space, often reached out with updates and suggestions, and were very quick to respond to our questions (no matter how small). When we had an issue arise, the staff members were responsive and quick to offer multiple solutions.

Our wedding could not have been as perfect without the Loft and its wonderful staff. We can't imagine a better experience!
    Paige Married on 05/25/2018
    We only visited one venue before deciding where to have our wedding. The moment we stepped into the Loft, it was perfect! Annie (our event coordinator) was nothing but helpful! She was there for us every step of the way and especially the day of!
    Our ceremony and reception was held at the Loft, for our 200 wedding guest. The venue setup was prefect for our buffet style dinner, and our bar loving guest. The bridal suit was amazing ! Great for getting ready photos. Included in the venue was a photo booth! Our guest had a blast taking photos and we have digital copies of them. If we had to do it all over again the loft is an easy choice!

P & J McGowan
    Maddie Married on 04/21/2018
    Everything about The Loft was amazing! Annie was very accommodating and responded to all of my emails exceptionally quickly. Many of our guests commented on the venue and how beautiful it was. The whole planning process was easy and stress free and our day went as smooth as possible. Book The Loft! You will not be disappointed.
    Brian Married on 03/24/2018
    From the moment we walked into The Loft at Studio J Annie made our experience everything we could have hoped for. Josh and team were amazing as our photographers. The Loft at Studio J has everything you need and is such a unique space.
    Kristina Married on 01/13/2018
    Beautiful venue. Great staff! Everything was perfect.
    Shelby Married on 10/21/2017
    Thank you to Judd, Josh, Annie, and the rest of The Loft team for making my wedding the happiest most memorable day of my life to date! Working with you was so simple and you made everything go so smoothly. My husband and I felt totally taken care of in your hands and the day went off without a hitch!
    Hope Married on 12/10/2016
    My wife and I were looking for something rustic, yet elegant for our wedding. We chose the Loft @ Studio J for both our wedding ceremony and the reception. Everyone we worked with at the venue was great! There were not any sneaky add in charges, everything was straight forward and easy to follow. We mostly worked with Annie and she was fabulous! She was very communicative and helped us make sure we had everything checked off our list and made it an easy process. The venue itself was perfectly rustic, romantic, and elegant! We attended a wedding fair on site and checked off, catering, dessert, and DJ off our lists! It was awesome having vendors who were fair priced within the market and familiar with the venue. Everyone was great and our day could not have turned out any more prefect! Thank you to everyone at the Loft @ Studio J for making our day the greatest day!!
    Samantha Married on 06/25/2016
    My husband and I chose to get married at the Loft at Studio J because we love downtown Stillwater. It ended up being the best possible place to choose for a beautiful wedding reception. They are kind, fun, flexible, and let you make your wedding as personal as you want! We had homemade wine, loved the photobooth!!, and we barely had to decorate because the venue alone is already stunning. Working with the team at Studio J was nothing but pleasant. Annie Riley is amazing. Very professional and flexible. She made things happen we thought for sure wouldn't. I cannot say enough how happy I am that we got married here :) Thankyou guys for being awesome!
    Calee Married on 05/13/2016
    Full review + photos at https://is.gd/chimesLOFTREVIEW

_Photogenic Architectural Details

While on the hunt for a venue, we searched for something that was wholly photogenic. We hated the idea of having our event in a room that could also be used for a business conference. The only thing that I did not like was a Coca-Cola sign. It didn't go with our event, so we created a giant mural to cover it. The Loft made it easy to cover.

_Price, Event Customization, and All-Inclusive Setup

When we booked in 2014, the price was about half of what it currently is. We paid around $3000 to The Loft for our event. Their current rate for what we got is $5200. Still reasonable for what's included.

_Gorgeous Bride Room

Clearly a photographer designed it with all the little nooks, backgrounds, and natural lighting. The only thing I'd wished that they had in the bride room is storage bins of some sort. When our photographers showed up we had stuff everywhere, and there wasn't a place to stash it. Also, they have a padlock on the door with a secret code so only certain people can be in the room. This was great for some quiet time and private getting-ready time.

_Photobooth + prints

The photobooth was not a thing we would have paid extra for, but we were happy that it was included. It was a huge hit! They had a printer next to it that made two copies of your strip — one to keep and one to give to us. The Loft also gave us all the original photos, and photos in strip form.

_Helpful Staff

The best part about The Loft at Studio J is their helpful staff. I was worried because the staff changed between when we booked (2014) and our event (2016) Although the staff changed, the helpfulness didn't.Each event planner was an expert at helping us plan our event — asking appropriate questions at the right time in the planning phase. And the day of they were helpful with last-minute things.

I would do our reception at The Loft 100x over. It was perfect!
    Lynn Married on 10/02/2015
    I was recently married at The Loft at Studio J on Friday, October 2nd, 2015. The day was perfect in every way. My husband and I are so happy we chose The Loft. From the moment we first walked up the beautiful staircase and stepped onto the 2nd floor, my breath was taken away. It was beautiful! From the rustic charm, to spacious event area, the photo booth, the awesome bar with all the history displayed in it, the cool bathrooms, and the awesome bride’s room. I knew I had to book The Loft for my wedding. It was perfect in every way and fit perfectly with our rustic theme. The staff has been amazing to work with from day one. Taylor and Melissa both worked with me on getting my wedding just the way it was. They both responded quickly to phone calls and/or emails to any questions I had. The day of the wedding Melissa, Kelsey, Grace and Meredith were the AMAZING to work with! From little requests to big, they did it all and did it well. Lots of our guests commented on how beautiful The Loft was and how perfect it was for our wedding. I would highly recommend The Loft at Studio J!
    Kristin Married on 03/13/2015
    I am the honored bride of the 2015 Fairy Godmother Project of MN wedding. This project is the culmination of vendors who give a dream wedding to 1 military couple a year. Judd from the Loft at Studio J signed on as donating venue. Upon being selected, my mind wandered, dreaming of a wedding that one can only conjure up in her mind. What I didn’t realize as I walked through the doors of the loft was that my dream of a space with the perfect blend of elegance and rustic natural elements, beautiful light and an intimate and airy feel….this dream was about to come to life. The best part was Judd and Taylor and the rest of the staff. I was instantly at home with them in their space. Their flexibility made the process so easy. I often felt the desire to stop in and see the space. Each time, they welcomed us. I never felt intrusive. They treat their clients as family and the loft as their home. Judd is constantly upgrading the space to better accommodate guests. Most of my favorite professional pictures were taken in his beautifully remodeled bridal suite. Even the ladies room is elegant and worthy of bridal photos. He has incredible imagination for the space and bringing it to life. We were blown away by the space, flow, architectural details of the exposed brick, reclaimed wood and preservation of its history, the view of main street and the fresh scent of the river as the breeze blew through the windows. Most of all, we were blown away by the professionalism and warmth of the staff. It was the best night of my life and it wouldn’t have happened without Judd and the Loft at Studio J. I am eternally grateful to them for allowing us to share our most sacred moments with them in the loft. There is nowhere else and with no other crew I would have rather shared it. Forever indebted to you all for helping make my dreams come true. Your passion for what you do is obvious and beams through every intricate detail of the loft and all that you provide for those you work with.
    Holly Married on 10/18/2014
    The Loft is a beautiful venue with the exposed brick and hardwood floors. It is rustic without being a barn and is a bit more upscale than the new barn wedding trend. The location so close to the river is hard to beat. The staff there was very helpful and resposive to our questions and needs and Taylor was great to work with. We had a few last minute technical issues with the music/speakers and Judd and Josh were able to save the day! We had a ton of compliments about the wedding and the Loft from my very picky family.
    Megan Married on 09/21/2014
    This venue was exceptional. Our guests loved this place and our reception was amazing. We couldn't have pictured it any better. Thanks to Taylor for making everything run smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding reception.
  • User1739979 2+ years ago
    LOVED THEM! They were awesome from start to finish. Very eager to meet all needs, easy to get a hold of, very service oriented, and so positive and fun! They are so accommodating for everything and EXTREMELY easy to work with. It was an amazing wedding venue-highly recommend!