The Loft at Studio J Reviews

The Loft at Studio J 6
The Loft at Studio J 7

Keisha Rice · Married on 09/28/2018

Fantastic wedding venue

From the moment my husband and I stepped into The Loft and Studio J, we knew it was the venue we wanted to get married in. It was everything that we loved, industrial, exposed beams, exposed brick, so beautiful that you barely need decorations. Our manager on the day of the wedding was willie and he was phenomenal. He made sure that everything ran smoothly, he worked with my sister and mom so well! Not only was Willie the manager on duty, he was a bartender and made sure that guests were well served all night. My only suggestion would be to look at and ask about all of the extra fees before you book, for example to have the rehearsal at the venue was another fee either $200 or $300, I would have never thought to ask that being my first time getting married. Other than the extra fees, we loved everything about the Loft! We had our ceremony and reception there, the venue flip was extremely fast. Our guests also loved the photo booth!

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

We could not have been happier with our choice to have both our ceremony and reception at the Loft! From the start Annie and everyone at the Loft were incredibly helpful, organized, and friendly. My husband and I booked the Loft from out-of-state and Annie went out of her way to ensure we were comfortable with and excited about their space. As soon as we saw the venue we knew it was the right choice. It is beautiful and unique with brick walls, wood floors, and big windows. It embraces the charm of Stillwater and adds some extra style.

The staff encouraged us to personalize the space, often reached out with updates and suggestions, and were very quick to respond to our questions (no matter how small). When we had an issue arise, the staff members were responsive and quick to offer multiple solutions.

Our wedding could not have been as perfect without the Loft and its wonderful staff. We can't imagine a better experience!

Paige · Married on 05/25/2018

We only visited one venue before deciding where to have our wedding. The moment we stepped into the Loft, it was perfect! Annie (our event coordinator) was nothing but helpful! She was there for us every step of the way and especially the day of!
    Our ceremony and reception was held at the Loft, for our 200 wedding guest. The venue setup was prefect for our buffet style dinner, and our bar loving guest. The bridal suit was amazing ! Great for getting ready photos. Included in the venue was a photo booth! Our guest had a blast taking photos and we have digital copies of them. If we had to do it all over again the loft is an easy choice!

P & J McGowan

Maddie · Married on 04/21/2018

Everything about The Loft was amazing! Annie was very accommodating and responded to all of my emails exceptionally quickly. Many of our guests commented on the venue and how beautiful it was. The whole planning process was easy and stress free and our day went as smooth as possible. Book The Loft! You will not be disappointed.

Brian · Married on 03/24/2018

From the moment we walked into The Loft at Studio J Annie made our experience everything we could have hoped for. Josh and team were amazing as our photographers. The Loft at Studio J has everything you need and is such a unique space.

Kristina · Married on 01/13/2018

Beautiful venue. Great staff! Everything was perfect.

Shelby · Married on 10/21/2017

Thank you to Judd, Josh, Annie, and the rest of The Loft team for making my wedding the happiest most memorable day of my life to date! Working with you was so simple and you made everything go so smoothly. My husband and I felt totally taken care of in your hands and the day went off without a hitch!

The Loft at Studio J 8
    The Loft at Studio J 9
    The Loft at Studio J 10
    The Loft at Studio J 11
    The Loft at Studio J 12
    The Loft at Studio J 13
    The Loft at Studio J 14

Hope · Married on 12/10/2016

My wife and I were looking for something rustic, yet elegant for our wedding. We chose the Loft @ Studio J for both our wedding ceremony and the reception. Everyone we worked with at the venue was great! There were not any sneaky add in charges, everything was straight forward and easy to follow. We mostly worked with Annie and she was fabulous! She was very communicative and helped us make sure we had everything checked off our list and made it an easy process. The venue itself was perfectly rustic, romantic, and elegant! We attended a wedding fair on site and checked off, catering, dessert, and DJ off our lists! It was awesome having vendors who were fair priced within the market and familiar with the venue. Everyone was great and our day could not have turned out any more prefect! Thank you to everyone at the Loft @ Studio J for making our day the greatest day!!

Samantha · Married on 06/25/2016

My husband and I chose to get married at the Loft at Studio J because we love downtown Stillwater. It ended up being the best possible place to choose for a beautiful wedding reception. They are kind, fun, flexible, and let you make your wedding as personal as you want! We had homemade wine, loved the photobooth!!, and we barely had to decorate because the venue alone is already stunning. Working with the team at Studio J was nothing but pleasant. Annie Riley is amazing. Very professional and flexible. She made things happen we thought for sure wouldn't. I cannot say enough how happy I am that we got married here :) Thankyou guys for being awesome!

Calee · Married on 05/13/2016

Full review + photos at https://is.gd/chimesLOFTREVIEW

_Photogenic Architectural Details

While on the hunt for a venue, we searched for something that was wholly photogenic. We hated the idea of having our event in a room that could also be used for a business conference. The only thing that I did not like was a Coca-Cola sign. It didn't go with our event, so we created a giant mural to cover it. The Loft made it easy to cover.

_Price, Event Customization, and All-Inclusive Setup

When we booked in 2014, the price was about half of what it currently is. We paid around $3000 to The Loft for our event. Their current rate for what we got is $5200. Still reasonable for what's included.

_Gorgeous Bride Room

Clearly a photographer designed it with all the little nooks, backgrounds, and natural lighting. The only thing I'd wished that they had in the bride room is storage bins of some sort. When our photographers showed up we had stuff everywhere, and there wasn't a place to stash it. Also, they have a padlock on the door with a secret code so only certain people can be in the room. This was great for some quiet time and private getting-ready time.

_Photobooth + prints

The photobooth was not a thing we would have paid extra for, but we were happy that it was included. It was a huge hit! They had a printer next to it that made two copies of your strip — one to keep and one to give to us. The Loft also gave us all the original photos, and photos in strip form.

_Helpful Staff

The best part about The Loft at Studio J is their helpful staff. I was worried because the staff changed between when we booked (2014) and our event (2016) Although the staff changed, the helpfulness didn't.Each event planner was an expert at helping us plan our event — asking appropriate questions at the right time in the planning phase. And the day of they were helpful with last-minute things.

I would do our reception at The Loft 100x over. It was perfect!

Lynn · Married on 10/02/2015

I was recently married at The Loft at Studio J on Friday, October 2nd, 2015. The day was perfect in every way. My husband and I are so happy we chose The Loft. From the moment we first walked up the beautiful staircase and stepped onto the 2nd floor, my breath was taken away. It was beautiful! From the rustic charm, to spacious event area, the photo booth, the awesome bar with all the history displayed in it, the cool bathrooms, and the awesome bride’s room. I knew I had to book The Loft for my wedding. It was perfect in every way and fit perfectly with our rustic theme. The staff has been amazing to work with from day one. Taylor and Melissa both worked with me on getting my wedding just the way it was. They both responded quickly to phone calls and/or emails to any questions I had. The day of the wedding Melissa, Kelsey, Grace and Meredith were the AMAZING to work with! From little requests to big, they did it all and did it well. Lots of our guests commented on how beautiful The Loft was and how perfect it was for our wedding. I would highly recommend The Loft at Studio J!

Kristin · Married on 03/13/2015

I am the honored bride of the 2015 Fairy Godmother Project of MN wedding. This project is the culmination of vendors who give a dream wedding to 1 military couple a year. Judd from the Loft at Studio J signed on as donating venue. Upon being selected, my mind wandered, dreaming of a wedding that one can only conjure up in her mind. What I didn’t realize as I walked through the doors of the loft was that my dream of a space with the perfect blend of elegance and rustic natural elements, beautiful light and an intimate and airy feel….this dream was about to come to life. The best part was Judd and Taylor and the rest of the staff. I was instantly at home with them in their space. Their flexibility made the process so easy. I often felt the desire to stop in and see the space. Each time, they welcomed us. I never felt intrusive. They treat their clients as family and the loft as their home. Judd is constantly upgrading the space to better accommodate guests. Most of my favorite professional pictures were taken in his beautifully remodeled bridal suite. Even the ladies room is elegant and worthy of bridal photos. He has incredible imagination for the space and bringing it to life. We were blown away by the space, flow, architectural details of the exposed brick, reclaimed wood and preservation of its history, the view of main street and the fresh scent of the river as the breeze blew through the windows. Most of all, we were blown away by the professionalism and warmth of the staff. It was the best night of my life and it wouldn’t have happened without Judd and the Loft at Studio J. I am eternally grateful to them for allowing us to share our most sacred moments with them in the loft. There is nowhere else and with no other crew I would have rather shared it. Forever indebted to you all for helping make my dreams come true. Your passion for what you do is obvious and beams through every intricate detail of the loft and all that you provide for those you work with.

Holly · Married on 10/18/2014

The Loft is a beautiful venue with the exposed brick and hardwood floors. It is rustic without being a barn and is a bit more upscale than the new barn wedding trend. The location so close to the river is hard to beat. The staff there was very helpful and resposive to our questions and needs and Taylor was great to work with. We had a few last minute technical issues with the music/speakers and Judd and Josh were able to save the day! We had a ton of compliments about the wedding and the Loft from my very picky family.

Megan · Married on 09/21/2014

This venue was exceptional. Our guests loved this place and our reception was amazing. We couldn't have pictured it any better. Thanks to Taylor for making everything run smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding reception.

Lauren · Married on 03/01/2014

The Loft was an absolutely gorgeous venue for our wedding reception. The staff is fun to work with, decor hardly needs any dressing up, atmosphere is great, and setting in downtown Stillwater is amazing. If you want a venue that is beautiful, unique, and extremely classy, this is the place.

Alyssa · Married on 09/03/2016

Great venue and location for a wedding! The Loft has multiple rooms to use with beautiful backdrops for your photos and a nice intimate feel in the main reception area. Annie and the staff are wonderful and were very timely in responses and to anything we needed.

The only negative thing I would say at all regards the price of the venue and then additional costs for miscellaneous things (i.e. glassware/fee for outside photographer etc.). We couldn't have been happier with the venue, but that is one thing to anticipate!

• Dan & Korey Wedding

Dan · Married on 11/02/2014

Overall Judd and the staff at The Loft were awesome to work with. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and would recommend to anyone looking for a rustic, yet intimate and elegant atmosphere. There were a couple hiccups with communication from the staff, however being 1100 miles away planning could have attributed to that. The only other issue we experienced was the disarray our event planner walked into the day of the reception. However things came
    together quickly and the reception was beautiful. Judd and staff took the time to listen to our concerns and have made necessary changes to their process/business to ensure these concerns are addressed and accounted for in the future.

• Laurann & Jon

Laurann & Jon · Married on 12/31/2017

3.5

My husband and I had such an amazing wedding day - and The Loft had a lot to do with that! Annie was fantastic throughout the entire planning process - she was responsive, patient, kind, and flexible. I really cannot thank her enough for how helpful she was in coordinating every detail of our event!

However, I felt pretty hung out to dry on the day of the wedding. We had to seek out a staff person to introduce ourselves when we arrived for set up, and even then I felt like the staff was not eager to help. This staff person also left before our guests even arrived! For some reason, a lot of the details I thought the Loft would take care of were not accomplished on the night of the event. For example, the groom had to clear a catering table to make room for the late night snack, my friends had to move a table from the dance floor, etc. It was all fine in the end, and all got done without complaint. However, looking back, I'm disappointed The Loft did not come through on the promise to take care of coordinating these details. Also, we had many pretty obvious "crashers" that my parents and other guests had to ask to leave (it was NYE, and I think some people just thought it was a party!). Not a huge deal - but I would think security's job would have been to handle these situations.

This venue was a big expenditure for us - and in many ways, it lived up to its price tag. These dissatisfactions do not sully the experience we had in planning the event, or our memories from a wonderful celebration. However, I do feel The Loft failed to truly deliver on the day it mattered to us most.

Ranae · Married on 11/04/2016

3.5

The Loft was great as they know what they are doing and do it well. They have a well oiled machine and their recommendations for vendors was awesome so you didn't have to find all of your own.